Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:46:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMP Greg Meredith - Tyrant or Emotional Genius?? should he stay or should he GO?  (Read 1630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 11:06:40 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2016, 09:06:15 AM by cryptohunter

https://www.smithandcrown.com/summary-of-synereo-controversy/

Interesting read (not verified it myself as being 100% factual) for those that are thinking of trading or holding amps. ( I have a tiny amount of Amps so interested in this one to an extent )

1.If greg agreed Rchain would be sole property of AMP should he get funding released as milestones to the tune of which he says he will need or is this kind of code only worth anything in a 100% completed and tested form. If so then he must produce it then get his funding?

2. I keep seeing people saying he is demanding he gets the funding in USD plus huge unrealistic % of AMP too? This surely can not be correct for not even giving over sole ownership to synerio of the Rchain?

3. Is Dor the good guy for sure?  I see his sister got $120k (9k at the time it was negotiated) worth of AMP for some design work? Is there a FULL ledger for AMPS and are these job roles tendered out for bidding or do you just give them to your family? Other than this dubious detail added at the end and perhaps not dubious at all if it was a fair amount of design done for 9k USD (i dont known) has he managed things well so far?

Come on out from the synerio thread. Create your puppet accounts (if you feel the need) and give us the real details with evidence to back up your claims or face deletion here. Anything can be posted but post your reasoning based on observable events we can all verify.

Surely soon we must have a protocol that all these ICO have to follow regarding promises made, escrows, milestones, ledgers, job roles given and bid for.

Let's go for no swearing and personal attacks on each other just because we have differing view points on this.

I can't decide which way is best forward here for synerio and my few k of amps. Seems cheap now or is worth nothing without GM? can another developer simply replace him? if so then it seems a no brainer but I suspect It could be more difficult to fill his shoes than some are claiming. If it's that easy perhaps list some likely replacements on this thread that  synerio should be looking at.

If greg could be more reasonable and they could get on better could this sort itself out? The thing that looks worse to me is him saying after the funding and large amp % even then RCHAIN will still be under his sole control and property? that seems unreasonable?
It seems rather now after reading further he states the Rchain will be for the commons and free to use for others for their projects, not his sole property at all which seems rather to put him in a better light does it not? although for synerio investors it is still not ideal since they are funding the development and not getting sole ownership.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 12:05:06 PM

These public long video conversations/conferences are pointless and tiresome. Let's point out one simple (and undeniable) fact:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think AMP was trading at about 500 satoshi (if not lower?) at the beginning of this year, and ~4 months later it peaked at over 43k satoshi. Why am I saying this? To point another fact: AMP creators had the chance to make about $86 profit on every $1 invested. I think 8600% profit in ~4 months sounds good, right? F*ck no! Do you know what I hate so much in this industry? That fiat money are involved! All we hear is "it takes time", "it needs funding", "we must be paid" etc... Wasn't this a crypto-fiat war? Weren't we a crypto enthusiasts? That's why I kinda support premines, because the creators (if they don't have money to invest) of the given currency/token/whatever needs to get paid and deserves to make profit (if the project made a good contribution to the 'crypto-world'). That's perfectly understandable and acceptable (at least in my views). But when it comes to fights over funds, then I call it a failure. Why? Because all of these crypto-related projects needs believers and supporters! Launch the f*cking thing with a tested technology, be friendly with all the people interested in it, list it on exchanges (as many people have such demands), built on top of it (without asking for money from the masses) and move forward. Nothing wrong if you fail to complete your goals (or you get hacked). At least you tried and didn't lied to anybody, right? Maybe on a later time someone else will learn from your mistakes and do it right. I think the situation here is obvious: some people are trying to enrich themselves. That's why I don't follow the progress of many of these projects and I don't care if they invent a spacecraft, which travels with the speed of light. That's why I don't invest in them (though I don't do trades for several months now), no matter if I'm 101% sure that I can make profit. This means to give money (and some support) for something I don't believe and being a hypocrite (i.e., f*ck the average Joe if I can make some extra bucks).

Bottom line: From what I've read in the article, I don't take either of the sides, because they are both wrong. This is not the way.    

EDIT: Ah, almost forgot to point out one other hilarious fact. You're building something decentralized, yet you have CEOs, CTOs etc.? I find it funny...

useless eater

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:29:38 PM

RChain must be developed even though it will support other tokens besides AMPs.

Synereo lost, so they might as well pay for the development of RChain, so at least other coins can win. 

To pull funding from RChain just because they are not going to use AMPS exclusively would be to deprive humanity of a public good (RCHain would be a valuable public service whose major cost is development paid by Synereo round 2 funding).

Synereo Round 2 funding was a success, now we must give this money to Greg for RCHain.

RChain changes everything, and Synereo must change everything or it will change nothing!
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:50:44 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 05:27:49 PM by cryptohunter

RChain must be developed even though it will support other tokens besides AMPs.

Synereo lost, so they might as well pay for the development of RChain, so at least other coins can win.  

To pull funding from RChain just because they are not going to use AMPS exclusively would be to deprive humanity of a public good (RCHain would be a valuable public service whose major cost is development paid by Synereo round 2 funding).

Synereo Round 2 funding was a success, now we must give this money to Greg for RCHain.

RChain changes everything, and Synereo must change everything or it will change nothing!

Kind of agree with you that synerio without Rchain looks less likely to become anything much. I don't believe at all the there are too many people like GM that will take on years of work in this arena. These kind of people usually want a LOT of money to do anything. Replacing him isn't going to be as simple as some suggest or we would already see some suggestions. If you watch the videos it seems not many developers working with him can do anything without having their hands held along the way. Thats how it came across anyway.

However, since he just said he WILL complete it whatever for synerio then I guess he will now.

It will take many years to see the final outcome so we will have to wait and see.

According to what he says, other coins using it will benefit amps anyway to a degree but sure if I was a synerio investor (which i am to a small degree) i would prefer it be locked down and under synerio ownership as much as possible whilst allowing it to function as designed. That does not fit in exactly with his for the commons approach. I guess he thinking more about his legacy than his financial gain. However that is not great for investors.

Based upon something I've recently read, I was wondering though if Greg ever responded to these points raised by DL here on caspers design?

http://bytemaster.github.io/2015/08/08/Review-of-Casper-Ethereums-proposed-Proof-of-Stake-Algorithm/

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of steam but he always seems to come up with something of interest.

Does Greg actually have peers that have looked at the Rchain proposed design and put their stamp of " could be extremely useful" on it. I mean people that actually understand it properly.

How many people investing actually understand the Rchain at a level that provides the bases of their investment? or are most kind of like well he sounds like a super smart individual and other seemingly smart individuals seem to be getting involved and the possible promises sound good let's throw a bit of btc at it and see what happens.

I know he is a proven developer with successful projects behind him so I am not trying to cast any doubt upon his abilities to produce if he says that he is confident he can (given reasonable funds)( I wouldnt think he would put his reputation on the line if Rchain was not a very real production possibility.)

Or is it rather a lot of top minds in this arena have consensus on Rchain is what we have all been waiting for?

I think the 2 most important points are

1. Is Rchain the best/only design to go with over and above any other known designs at this point?
2. If synerio funds this design are they going to get enough advantage over those that put no funding in to justify them taking the financial risk on its r and d?

I think if those things were made more concrete there could be agreement to move forward.

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 530

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 06:21:59 PM

I think he's greedy, once you think you are bigger than the team, he is trying to hold the team ransom and put them in a dillema and I think it is a difficult decision to make now because synereo need that R-Chain technology to make the platform more valuable

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 12:48:02 AM

It is now showing that people are people and that if you trust them with your money, they will surely get corrupted and will think of ways to fraud people and claim it for their own enrichment. Synereo is now starting to look like a scam now. I feel sorry to those who bought AMP during the ICO.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Corvette08

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 02:53:03 AM

From everything I read he should go. The rest of the team need to kick him out and hire a new Greg who im sure are a dime a dozen.
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 05:57:55 AM

Subject: Re: Casper = Rchain

I know the above is casper and not exactly Rchain.

Afaics, the betting aspect is the same between both. The difference is Rchain makes bets on partial orders of blocks, instead of entire blocks. But that doesn't matter w.r.t. to the issue of betting incentives Dan is referring to. Afaics, Dan's logic applies equivalently to Rchain.

See page 4 "Consensus Mechanism":

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xmRvAjJEQ72-sR9luS34TG0BOpPn_6ztZjYBFCByKxo/edit#

You are welcome to quote me or otherwise post this correction. You should not erroneously insinuate that Rchain is significantly different from Casper w.r.t. to the ramifications of using betting for consensus. It strongly appears that it is an equivalent issue for Rchain. Rchain is attempting to make the consensus more granular and composable by betting on portions of blocks instead of only whole blocks, but that is an orthogonal issue to the effects of employing betting for incentivizing consensus.

The bottom line is that the game theory of betting is the everyone has an incentive to collude with the major stakeholders. It is another power vacuum failure mode same as proof-of-work. My whitepaper is all about solving this issue. Thus I remain convinced that I have the only consensus ordering design that solves this issue. Dan is also incorrect to presume/insinuate DPoS solves the issue of a power vacuum disequilibria of stake control. So DPoS has an analogous failure mode as Casper/Rchain/PoW. All those designs suck.

Here is the final nail in the coffin for Casper/Rchain:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3flj4x/if_ethereum_adopts_casper_proof_of_stake_it_is/ctqhekg/

And for sure Casper and Rchain are virtually the same thing, as even Vitalik explains that Casper if voting on blocks as partial orders not one monolithic chain:

One counterintuitive consequence of this mechanism is the fact that a block can remain unconfirmed even when blocks after that block are completely finalized. This may seem like a large hit in efficiency, as if there is one block whose status is flip-flopping with ten blocks on top of it then each flip would entail recalculating state transitions for an entire ten blocks, but note that in a by-chain model the exact same thing can happen between chains as well, and the by-block version actually provides users with more information: if their transaction was confirmed and finalized in block 20101, and they know that regardless of the contents of block 20100 that transaction will have a certain result, then the result that they care about is finalized even though parts of the history before the result are not. By-chain consensus algorithms can never provide this property.

Corvette08

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 06:01:43 AM

When is the big meeting supposed to happen with the team, this monday?
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:38:51 AM

The shareholders meeting on Monday 8am is when Greg gets canned.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Corvette08

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 03:43:09 AM

The shareholders meeting on Monday 8am is when Greg gets canned.

8 AM what timezone and is it expected to be streamed live?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:25:16 AM

So greg got canned. Now what is happening ?

Seems the price is not recovering.

The synerio thread is void of any detail.

What are their plans to deliver what was specified at the time of the ICO?

If you can't provide Rchain then what other methods remain for them to provide what they promised?

Is it going full on scam now?

I don't at all like the sound of family members being paid crazy sums of money for some graphics whilst investors get burned hard.

Who is this DOR - what's his background and how trust worthy is he?

Where is the full ledger for all the funding and where it is being spent?

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 11:17:29 AM

Spartak decentralized ? LOL
How about this ? https://github.com/ampproject
Greg is the CEO of Githubbery ?

You guys are aware that would mean it's a centralized US govt controlled project right ?

If and when Github gets served any US govt requests they comply with them.. they HAVE to !
We know this because they have a track record of doing it for years.. Like Coinbase or Cryptsy etc.
Know what that means ? It's the US govt's coin !

They all spew a shitfuckton of bullshit about the future and their crypto dreams..
While ignoring that their facade is a giant blatant cash grab.

Take a coin called BlockNET.
I asked the dev why EXACTLY he needed 1 million dollars worth of Bitcoin for his project..
Know what he said ?
I was a Troll for asking of course  Cheesy  <-- the nerve of me asking for accountability right ?  Shocked
But what he said was.. "To ensure it's a success"

And i said yeah i bet it would be. LOL
I left him alone because he got the mod's after me here hard and ran around the web crying "Smear Campaign"

A year later he had a long list of his supporters asking about the silence and lack of updates on the project.
And apparently he had done fuck all coding wise and worse even let the web site hosting expire for lack of payment.
I posted on his ANN maybe he should ask his supporters for $50 in donations to keep the hosting going ?

I also said..
Jeez a million dollars in cash just don't go as far as it used to huh guys ?

Altcoins..

FUD first & ask questions later™
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 03:00:31 PM

Now what is happening ?

Synereo is going to fail.

I asked the dev why EXACTLY he needed 1 million dollars worth of Bitcoin for his project..

There you go:

In fact page likes are now over 10,500 and I don't need $1 million to pull this out. I've always stated that fighting with Facebook and such is a lost cause. What I am trying to do is to make FAILCommunity like FailArmy with its own cryptocurrency. I can then sell even trucks or condoms if I want to. Many people are talking about adoption, but most of them don't know what it means. ^ This is what it means. Failure is going to be EPIC!

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 08:06:34 PM

Now what is happening ?

There you go:

In fact page likes are now over 10,500 and I don't need $1 million to pull this out. I've always stated that fighting with Facebook and such is a lost cause. What I am trying to do is to make FAILCommunity like FailArmy with its own cryptocurrency. I can then sell even trucks or condoms if I want to. Many people are talking about adoption, but most of them don't know what it means. ^ This is what it means. Failure is going to be EPIC!

looks like that is possible ... But will it be an intentional scam or not? When I usually hear just wait guys a few more weeks...then another few more weeks I notice it is usually the scammers with the big pot of money just dragging it out so they can get away with it more easily as in the case of GEMZ.

Is it a full on scam ?

I mean GM came to this board and said he will finish RChain for the community (synerio i guess since they funded it) whatever happens with dor?
Do we think that will happen?

It would seem to me whoever is in control of the funds needs to start producing a ledger and showing some signs of doing something beneficial for the synerio community or else that looks rather shady.

It is just a total fuck up or a total scam? Imagine ICO investors at 40k sats. Must be harsh and I bet there were some large investors at that price.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 11:37:44 PM

snip

Bla bla bla bla.... not sure why you're not getting my point.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:40:55 AM

snip

Your point is in no way relevant to what I am asking in my last post.

I am not interested there in whether people consider it ideologically unsound to garner funding via ICO or pointless attempting to overthrow facebook.

I am interested in

a. is it a premeditated scam by dor (ie the funds will shrink and vanish into his blackhole)
b. is it not a scam and some tech will arrive at some point (even though gm is no longer part of synerio) from all the funding at reasonable cost that may or may not help create the concept that was sold to ico investors

b2 if some useful tech does get produced then will it be 1. from the remaining synerio team or 2. come from amps swapped for some new rchain token?

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 07:44:04 AM

snip

Your point is in no way relevant to what I am asking in my last post.

My point is VERY relevant. Maybe you should read this again: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1707479.msg17108382#msg17108382
That's A HUGE RED FLAG right there. Tech doesn't matter.

hankman

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:51:59 AM

This is the real deal software. It's what I've been searching for. The problem was Dor needed to be removed. He didn't have any amazing skills and it looks bad having a CEO in a decentralized network. Dor also wanted to make the code closed source. Dor was more at the level of some $50,000 marketcap shitcoin than a project of this amazingness. Now rchain is a co-op and all open source (it always was open source) and things are looking up.

An important direction that I want to see is multiple rchain networks working together. The network is highly centralized with the rchain co-op having all the premined network usage tokens.
altcoiner555

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 04:41:47 PM

RCHAIN redemption will start soon. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: