Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:48:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay Interview- New Exclusive Q&A with the Lead Dev and Update Announcements  (Read 812 times)
gjsteele71 (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 11:30:25 AM

A link to an exclusive interview with David Zimbeck, the lead developer on BitBay, can be found at the bottom of this thread.   

In addition, here is an update announcement just posted on the BitBay Bitcointalk thread.  Join the discussion here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.0

"Version 1.24 is now ready.
It fixes some connection issues, and includes a peers.dat file to make first time connection to network easier.

Those of you that haven't had connection problems, don't really need to update now. You can wait for the next major update. The rest  of you should install this latest version.

Please use only the download links in OP in this thread for the first few days. We have not updated on site yet.

For those of you that are new here: BitBay has two wallets, QT and client. Atm QT is the only one that can stake, and the client has all the cool stuff like smart contracts, market and pay to email. QT will be abandoned as soon as the client can stake, and is therefore not updated. The seed nodes that are hard coded into the QT wallet are no longer working because the services that where providing them no longer exist. If you have trouble connecting to the network, you can either write a config file where you copypaste nodes from chainz, https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/#!network  or you can try dropping the peers.dat from client download into BitBay/data folder.

Edit: A big update that adds new functionality is just around the corner. But with the increased attention lately, we felt that it's important to get this one out quickly so new users don't have trouble connecting"

Please follow the link below to read the interview with information on BitBay's plans for the future.

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@gjsteele71/bitbay-altcoin-interview-exclusive-q-and-a-with-lead-bay-developer-david-zimbeck

Micro Cap Crypto Reviews - http://www.MicroCapCrypto.com

Crypto Currency News Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_Currency_News/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rqdxrocket

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:53:14 AM

I installed the new version last night and have to say my listing posted to the market much faster with this version.  Everything seems to function as intended and I will be listing several items for sale as soon as winter break starts for me.

Thanks for the great work David, your hard work is starting to get noticed and hopefully it continues.

Thanks
RQDxRocket
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:05:43 PM

Thanks for interviewing David!
He's probably got the most innovative project on the market, yet doesn't get the respect he deserves for it.

I can't wait to see how the next update will potentially revolutionize exchanges. Halo will give them the tools to create joint accounts with their investors with peace of mind that their coins are 99.99% unhackable as the hacker would have to hack both the exchange and the investors account on their personal device!
No more inside hack jobs!

Halo will even give exchanges the opportunity to cold stake coins, and once the peg is implemented this has the potential to help them make a lot of money and give incentives to investors/daytraders!
Imagine if you will, you have 50000 BitBay on bittrex cold staking - at 50,000 tier they grant you commission free trading, at 100,000 tier account they grant you commission free trading and you earn a variable perentage of your stake reward back into your account, etc.

All of this can happen with peace of mind knowing that a hacker would need to simultaneously hack 2 devices at once to be able to steal the coins - if you add 2fa already built into exchanges, then hackers would have to hack 3 devices to steal your coins!

With this set up we might never see another Bitfinex hack again (provided other coins follow suit).

And this is just one aspect of the client that I wish to mention as it seems the majority of crypto is still engulfed mainly by speculators.

Exciting times ahead!

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:17:32 PM

BAY is the only alt i increase holdings in each month as much as reasonably possible. If you've even spoken with David about anything you will instantly get a good vibe. Most people with such talents and skill often get a bit of a god complex and some could argue that is justified. However David is actually very down to earth and such a friendly person.
It is one of the rare alts that has also been moving up against btc in this rally steadily too. Nothing is a certainty in crypto of course but I very much like bay.

whale_shark

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:17:01 PM

must say i'm impressed! Congrats to Bitbay
rqdxrocket

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:33:14 PM

I am glad I heard about Bitbay from the get go.  Its been a long road but after reading the interview I now know that I made the right decision being involved.  And BTW search for Item # a79d97efb3003acde179b6a448324602 in the Bitbay Market for a great deal!

Thanks
RQDxRocket
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:20:32 PM

Great read! Congratulations to you David and keep up the good work!
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:22:04 AM

BAY is the only alt i increase holdings in each month as much as reasonably possible. If you've even spoken with David about anything you will instantly get a good vibe. Most people with such talents and skill often get a bit of a god complex and some could argue that is justified. However David is actually very down to earth and such a friendly person.
It is one of the rare alts that has also been moving up against btc in this rally steadily too. Nothing is a certainty in crypto of course but I very much like bay.

Are you really being serious? Many on the cryptosphere will not dare touch this project with a 10 foot pole anymore because it was a pump and dump of the infamous Bob Surplus. Everyone was in on the scheme including BTER exchange. You have been here longer than me, surely you know that this is not going anywhere anymore. 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:14:54 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 10:40:27 AM by cryptohunter

Are you really being serious? Many on the cryptosphere will not dare touch this project with a 10 foot pole anymore because it was a pump and dump of the infamous Bob Surplus. Everyone was in on the scheme including BTER exchange. You have been here longer than me, surely you know that this is not going anywhere anymore.  

I am being deadly serious. Why do you presume that because the ICO holders and the remaining developer were raped by the scamming scumbags that took the BTC and BAY and dumped them down to 17-30 sats for months that I should not touch the project at way below ICO levels? I am a ICO bagholder but only a tiny one 0.25 btc. However I have since had opportunity to sell near ICO levels and would not even think of selling until this is a top 10 or top 5 MC coin. If you think that is a pipe dream that is your opinion we will wait and see where this is at the middle/end of 2017. Book mark this thread and feel free to pull it up then. Let's see.

The only thing the scum that ripped the project off accomplished was to destroy their (the bit bay community)"marketing/dev budget" and take away a fair share of David Zimbecks development fund.

HOWEVER David has worked for over 2 years developing anyway and is recognised by many other talented coders to be a TOP TIER developer who has shown character and tenacity to stay and complete the project anyway instead of bailing out like the rest. Do your research he is often found in other TOP level alt developers threads advising and helping them too (the guys only problem is he seems too nice for this tank full of sharks).

I would research into David Zimbeck if I were you and see what this guy can code out and has coded out already. I look at the developers and designers behind the coin NOTHING else intially matters except the distribution (that was fine by ico standards too until the scammers took away the bulk of btc and dumped their developer amps shares trying to destroy the project on purpose) . If the coder and design skill is there the community will eventually come over and adoption will ensue. His current project is very ambitious and when EVERYTHING is coded out to its entirety it will be up there with the best projects in crypto.

I have been advising people to look into this project since it was sticking around 30-40sats with a tiny MC.  LOOK at it not invest without examining it. It is a very ambitious project and the methods proposed to introduce the features are very inventive. People need to understand best they can before investing in anything.

Considering what this developer can design and code out why would you not invest in this at this point~? there are coins in the top 100 that really have nothing going for them.

I tell you what... show me more potential returns on any project in the top 200 with a proven top tier developer and I will take a serious look at moving some BTC there today.

Scams where the present dev are still benifitting from the scam or scams where the dev left and took the BTC yes SHOULD be avoided. This is NOT the same type of scam at all. The sole dev is still there and the original investors either left or are below water still. This is not a community of scammers this is a community of persons that have been scammed.

Do a lot more research before branding the scammed with the scammers. The persons holding BAY from the ICO and David zimbeck are the victims not the villains.

This is still the best investment of any alt out there factoring a risk and reward ratio. It was at 300k MC  it was at 500k MC it is still I believe at 1M MC and there are still possible HUGE returns. That and the fact I am supporting a project that was raped and crushed by probably the best organised scam on this board involving a large exchange owner and the biggest pump group here prior to ETH backers.

I totally agree that there is a MORAL reason for investors to avoid scams where the scammers are still the main beneficiaries even if there is not a financial reason. In Bitbays case there is NO reason at all.

I is strange still that people group bitbay with other scam coins where the scammers are the main beneficiaries.

But of course do your own research before investing your btc as with all projects. This is my personal view and I believe it is justified. You may believe you see better possible returns with other projects so do as you prefer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: