Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:47:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner thread help center!  (Read 4088 times)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 06:23:16 PM

Newbie here,  want  to know about bitcoins, can you message or pm me some informations that I can do when Im newbie ? thanks

this is an open forum, so no need to ask for PM. what do you need exactly? Work? Storage?

Google for bitcoin wiki is a great start.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cateciva (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:10:52 AM

Do you have any career goals with bitcoin? What are you planning for the near future after all this?  Cheesy

Gearing up for halving season of course.

Yeah but in what ways?
Well, I am just trying to save as much as I can. It helps to hold a ton of money that you don't actually need. At the time I was holding, $200 was considered a ton. I am currently not holding but that's only because I just cashed in and sold everything I have.
$200 now is still considered a lot. Just saw the price right now. Bitcoin is exactly $780.05
It's a good price! It should be getting much much higher in just a few weeks. The holidays always move the price up and down I feel.
Really?  I've sincerely never noticed that at all. When did you pick that up?
About four years ago. There's news reporters and whatnot dedicated to simply just studying when bitcoin's price fluxuates a certain way. I wouldn't personally have time to check up on that on a regular basis like the news reporters do so it's really nice to have people who are periodically devoting so much time, thought, and research souly into this matter alone.
What else are people keeping track of daily?
Well from what I've noticed, they're keeping track of a whole giant list of things.  They're keeping track of price increases, when the price increases, why it does, how it does. They're also keeping track of any public figures who get involved in bitcoin for advertisement reasons. They're also pretty interested in figuring out who is still mining. Mining is no longer as profitable as it was before so when it does happen, it's pretty remarkable.
I've never even once touched on mining. How do you do it exactly? 
https://www.bitcoinmining.com/getting-started/

This should help
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 01:43:40 PM

Almost a decade. I was super young at the time and was just playing around with my cashier paychecks at the time.

Was the price back then really $10 or was it something else?

The price was zero. Bitcoin's didn't exist a decade ago, the first block was mined in Jan 2009.

The OP's "almost decade" story doesn't check out. Even if he indeed got into Bitcoin early, then the 20 btc holding is far from impressive, afaik people were sending each other much larger amount for free, since it didn't have any value. It really become tradable in mid 2010 and was less than $1 until Feb 2011.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BraksyonShaki

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 02:55:01 AM

It did actually.  Thanks! I'm not really in a position to mine though. It looks like nobody actually is at this point in time.
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 09:42:28 PM

It did actually.  Thanks! I'm not really in a position to mine though. It looks like nobody actually is at this point in time.
Mining is still pretty profitable. Just not AS profitable as it USE to be. Just like how btc use to be worth little to nothing, now it's worth a ton. Time just changes certain things
BraksyonShaki

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 12:11:27 AM

Mining is still pretty profitable. Just not AS profitable as it USE to be. Just like how btc use to be worth little to nothing, now it's worth a ton. Time just changes certain things
By that answer, would you still mine or not at all?
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 01:18:48 AM

Probably, yeah. I just know getting the software and type of computers for that would be staggering. With that in mind, I wouldn't do that everyday.
BraksyonShaki

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 01:43:04 AM

Probably, yeah. I just know getting the software and type of computers for that would be staggering. With that in mind, I wouldn't do that everyday.
It'd actually be hilarious if there were people doing that everyday
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:04:38 AM

Trust: there is.
BraksyonShaki

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 01:59:19 PM

For what reason? If mining isn't profitable as it use to be, then it is time to simply move on. Invest in stocks and perhaps attempt holding or something along those lines. They would have to probably spend more money than what they're actually coming across trying to mine bitcoins. Even actual physical real life mining isn't profitable anymore.
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:39:09 PM

For what reason? If mining isn't profitable as it use to be, then it is time to simply move on. Invest in stocks and perhaps attempt holding or something along those lines. They would have to probably spend more money than what they're actually coming across trying to mine bitcoins. Even actual physical real life mining isn't profitable anymore.
It kinda goes back on what their mindset and initial beliefs behind what they're doing happens to be. Holding, trading, and investing isn't for everyone. Holding was something that personally worked for ME. I cannot neccessarily speak for every single person when I say that holding has worked for me because your situation might be different. Maybe you know when to mine, but I simply do not or just simply have no interest or motivation to learn the right time of when to perform such tasks. Everybody's experience is going to be different.
BraksyonShaki

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:27:42 PM

It kinda goes back on what their mindset and initial beliefs behind what they're doing happens to be. Holding, trading, and investing isn't for everyone. Holding was something that personally worked for ME. I cannot neccessarily speak for every single person when I say that holding has worked for me because your situation might be different. Maybe you know when to mine, but I simply do not or just simply have no interest or motivation to learn the right time of when to perform such tasks. Everybody's experience is going to be different.
Yeah that's true. Just can't imagine who could profit from it right now is what I'm worried about.
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 05:26:00 PM

Yeah that's true. Just can't imagine who could profit from it right now is what I'm worried about.
A lot of things people didn't think could be profitable became profitable,  regardless of everyone's initial belief towards it. For example, a lot of people didn't think bitcoin would even get to this high price and have it be so stagnant so what should that tell you? You can make anything profitable if you just truly focus on it and nothing else. Worrying about other things make it difficult. Just don't think about it so much.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1316
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 05:31:58 PM

Several years ago? How many years exactly?

Almost a decade. I was super young at the time and was just playing around with my cashier paychecks at the time.

A decades? it is impossible bitcoin is new and it still not reach 10 years bitcoin i think are made in 2009 made by satoshi nakamoto ..
if you are holding that amount before since you are mentioning that you can share or donate i am also here to get that donation and maybe i can believe to your words.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BraksyonShaki

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 07:03:08 PM

A lot of things people didn't think could be profitable became profitable,  regardless of everyone's initial belief towards it. For example, a lot of people didn't think bitcoin would even get to this high price and have it be so stagnant so what should that tell you? You can make anything profitable if you just truly focus on it and nothing else. Worrying about other things make it difficult. Just don't think about it so much.
It really is a lot to think about though.

By the way, does anyone else in your group use bitcoin at all?
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 07:26:49 PM

I just found this thread. Must be because I dived right into the Bitcoin Discussion sub-forum. Hmm, what else should I say. Well, my cousin introduced me to bitcoin by making me make a wallet and sent a tiny 0.25 in it. He then pointed me to this forum and told me to just read around to learn more about bitcoin so that I'd eventually learn trading. He's also the one who told me that I can earn bitcoins here as I ask away by participating in signature campaigns. That would probably still months from now, as you see I still have a newbie account.

Well, that's pretty much it for now. I'll probably come here every now and then if I have questions to ask. I haven't made any thread yet, heard they do ban newbies here, so better just ask in existing threads. Not that I'm that worried but it'd be a hassle to make a new email just to join the forum again. There's already too much passwords to remember these days.

BTW Happy Holidays to those who are just celebrating Christmas now.
moneytalk69

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:17:04 PM

Thats good luck and now have fun  Grin How years ago exactly you earn them ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: