Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:03:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner thread help center!  (Read 4090 times)
HappyMaddiline

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 01:23:11 AM

Hi! That's really cool that you were able to make so much from just holding. Most people usually make that amount through just lucky gambling. This in a sense was also a gamble. It kind of looks like you just got super lucky but it could have been done deliberately so I guess I'll ask this.

Was it all deliberate or did you genuinely forget like how you made it seem? Although I can't for the life of me really see anybody holding so much money and just forgetting all about it.
It was intentional. I just didn't think I'd make out like this.
Well it's definitely inspirational to know about your story. I have been trying to hold my coins a little bit. I usually don't focus on anything that isn't initially promising. Did you have any kind of doubts that you might lose all that money? Were you ever scared?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cateciva (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 02:13:52 AM

Nothing that I know of in terms of a business plan can really ever raise the price on its own. It takes a large group of people being involved in bitcoin (trading, buying, selling, holding, and the like). Indirectly you could probably find a way to get bitcoin advertised, but certainly not raised. It really depends on whether or not how you advertise it interests people to get started with bitcoin.

Oh I know that. I meant that indirectly to be honest here. Most of the time, it's not simplistic but it's all about the appeal of something you sell to the public. If something doesn't look trustworthy or seems quite cautionary, no one goes near it. For an example, orange is really a color of caution. That's why traffic cones and prison suits are orange. There's a huge psychological game that comes into play with why not enough contributors are adopting btc.
Rylei

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 08:51:21 AM

Are you still studying? What are you going to do with that amount? That would be great to invest on some business.

You're kind to donate some amount to others. Be careful to those who you will send.
subodhahire

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 11:24:38 AM

Hi Cateciva,

I am new to this forum, but I am not a newbie about Bitcoins. My name is Subodh and I stay in Mumbai. India. I read this post out of curiosity cause i was definitely looking for some help to make some money.
I will tell you my story in short. I am 43 years old, I am married (separated) and blessed with a son. My son is 12 years old and is studying in 7th grade.
I was a businessman myself and owned a private limited company, The name of the company is/was 24 Frames Manooranjan pvt ltd. I think it is still listed cause i have not officially closed it. To make the story short I incurred huge loss in my business and am struggling to make ends meet nowadays. I have limited needs of my own, But I have the responsibility of my son. I have to take care of his studies and all his activities. I manage everything with great difficulty. That is the reason I am looking for a way to make some money online. But nothing seems to be working for me. Like you I also came across bitcoin but slightly later maybe in the year 2011. But at that time it just looked like a fantasy to me. I had all the resources to buy some bitcoins then but alas I did not.
I have to pay my Sons school fees which is pending for a long time. If it is not paid they might not allow my son to appear for the exams. If you are in the mood of donating 1/2 bitcoin to someone who needs it. You can donate it to me. This is my address 3Bs62LQcDKphXfRQQDJS9CaiSYM3xmCW3X

It is an address of an Indian Bitcoin exchange ZEBPAY. The reason I started studying bitcoin again was opening of this exchange in India. India has huge potential with regards to Bitcoin or crypto currency. If you check the news India is moving very fast towards cashless economy. Cause major physical currency paper notes have been banned from market and people are forced to go cashless.

I will not take much of your time. But only request you that if you really are in a mood to donate, Please donate to me. That half bitcoin will pay my sons school fees for this year.

It looks like I am begging which is slightly embarrassing for me. But let me tell you that if you are planning to invest your bitcoins. I would suggest you that open a Bitcoin exchange in India. I stay in Mumbai which is the Business capital of India. Since I was a businessman myself. I will help you to set up an exchange in India. That will be the repayment that I offer you. I will also work with you if you wish me to.

Its a request plus an offer. If you feel like considering it.................

Subodh
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 01:16:03 PM

Hi! That's really cool that you were able to make so much from just holding. Most people usually make that amount through just lucky gambling. This in a sense was also a gamble. It kind of looks like you just got super lucky but it could have been done deliberately so I guess I'll ask this.

Was it all deliberate or did you genuinely forget like how you made it seem? Although I can't for the life of me really see anybody holding so much money and just forgetting all about it.
Well it's definitely inspirational to know about your story. I have been trying to hold my coins a little bit. I usually don't focus on anything that isn't initially promising. Did you have any kind of doubts that you might lose all that money? Were you ever scared?
Of course I was scared. I never really know exactly what the outcome to something is going to be. We don't have a crystal ball, and the future is always 100% unknown. Haven't you ever had that feeling?
HappyMaddiline

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 02:29:44 PM

Of course I was scared. I never really know exactly what the outcome to something is going to be. We don't have a crystal ball, and the future is always 100% unknown. Haven't you ever had that feeling?
Yeah, definitely. What price do you think we'll hit this year?
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 02:38:48 PM

I was thinking maybe $850. Over the time I was holding,  I notice each year at least $50 is stagnant. That is the only thing that I've noticed. Maybe even less gets in there but no matter what, it's a process and it definitely will grow no matter what.
HappyMaddiline

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:44:28 PM

I was thinking maybe $850. Over the time I was holding,  I notice each year at least $50 is stagnant. That is the only thing that I've noticed. Maybe even less gets in there but no matter what, it's a process and it definitely will grow no matter what.
I think year 2020 might be the year of Bitcoin reaching its peak. Maybe. I don't actually know. No one does, just like you said. As of now, I don't have any real place to check up on news related to Bitcoin. Can you recommend anything reliable?
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:59:37 PM

I think year 2020 might be the year of Bitcoin reaching its peak. Maybe. I don't actually know. No one does, just like you said. As of now, I don't have any real place to check up on news related to Bitcoin. Can you recommend anything reliable?
Probably CNN.
HappyMaddiline

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:09:40 AM

Probably CNN.
I haven't seen enough news on bitcoin at CNN. I was thinking of something where the site was only souly dedicated to talking about bitcoin.
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:19:25 AM

Do you have any career goals with bitcoin? What are you planning for the near future after all this?  Cheesy

Gearing up for halving season of course.

Yeah but in what ways?
Well, I am just trying to save as much as I can. It helps to hold a ton of money that you don't actually need. At the time I was holding, $200 was considered a ton. I am currently not holding but that's only because I just cashed in and sold everything I have.
BraksyonShaki

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:33:53 AM

Do you have any career goals with bitcoin? What are you planning for the near future after all this?  Cheesy

Yeah but in what ways?
Well, I am just trying to save as much as I can. It helps to hold a ton of money that you don't actually need. At the time I was holding, $200 was considered a ton. I am currently not holding but that's only because I just cashed in and sold everything I have.
$200 now is still considered a lot. Just saw the price right now. Bitcoin is exactly $780.05
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:45:21 AM

Yeah but in what ways?
$200 now is still considered a lot. Just saw the price right now. Bitcoin is exactly $780.05
It's a good price! It should be getting much much higher in just a few weeks. The holidays always move the price up and down I feel.
BraksyonShaki

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:25:46 AM

Yeah but in what ways?
It's a good price! It should be getting much much higher in just a few weeks. The holidays always move the price up and down I feel.
Really?  I've sincerely never noticed that at all. When did you pick that up?
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:08:15 PM

Yeah but in what ways?
About four years ago. There's news reporters and whatnot dedicated to simply just studying when bitcoin's price fluxuates a certain way. I wouldn't personally have time to check up on that on a regular basis like the news reporters do so it's really nice to have people who are periodically devoting so much time, thought, and research souly into this matter alone.
BraksyonShaki

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:24:53 PM

Yeah but in what ways?
About four years ago. There's news reporters and whatnot dedicated to simply just studying when bitcoin's price fluxuates a certain way. I wouldn't personally have time to check up on that on a regular basis like the news reporters do so it's really nice to have people who are periodically devoting so much time, thought, and research souly into this matter alone.
What else are people keeping track of daily?
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:52:33 AM

Really you are very lucky one because still we don't have enough money to buy bitcoin because it's price is keep increasing, so many times i planned to buy bitcoin but when i have money it starts increasing the price, i fed up many by chasing bitcoin every time when i have money. But in this world some times it is very difficult to have luck, but if you donate half of the bitcoin than it will be good help to me to increase it.
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:20:33 PM

Yeah but in what ways?
Well from what I've noticed, they're keeping track of a whole giant list of things.  They're keeping track of price increases, when the price increases, why it does, how it does. They're also keeping track of any public figures who get involved in bitcoin for advertisement reasons. They're also pretty interested in figuring out who is still mining. Mining is no longer as profitable as it was before so when it does happen, it's pretty remarkable.
BraksyonShaki

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:32:21 PM

Yeah but in what ways?
Well from what I've noticed, they're keeping track of a whole giant list of things.  They're keeping track of price increases, when the price increases, why it does, how it does. They're also keeping track of any public figures who get involved in bitcoin for advertisement reasons. They're also pretty interested in figuring out who is still mining. Mining is no longer as profitable as it was before so when it does happen, it's pretty remarkable.
I've never even once touched on mining. How do you do it exactly? 
JavaMan

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:09:06 PM

Newbie here,  want  to know about bitcoins, can you message or pm me some informations that I can do when Im newbie ? thanks
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: