Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:52:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner thread help center!  (Read 4090 times)
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 04:35:15 PM

I'll take a half a Bitty. Donate address is in my profile. What a great gesture! You can give 40 people half a Bitcoin and make their Holiday season. Good on you sir.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cateciva (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:48:43 PM

Can i get some of your wealth? Just a little present or gift this coming christmas i will  be so happy if you send me some amount.
13KDMguw8u2taRJMuLNvkfTSrnaQtVPP4c
Hope im one of the lucky person this xmas

Are you a low income home owner? Struggling with your job? Anything special you need this holiday season? Just give me a tiny background story and maybe I'll help you out! Smiley

$15k? spare some change for the better future? Cheesy joke :p I'd like to ask you what are your plans with those 15k in btc? Are you going to invest or maybe just hold? What do you think what will be the highest price for btc in 2017 and what are your plans in the future regarding btc?

I'm definitely just going to donate a little, invest a little, but hold a lot! I'm not worried at all! I think the price should be at least $850. My future with btc is mainly gonna be holding. I wanna hope that I can invest. I'm just not sure but my advice is if you wanna invest, do your research. Really get to know what you wanna support and know how much you could really rake in from the investment!

Why not use that money to start a new businees on your own or in bitcoin,and helping others is one way of giving back all the blessings that you recieved in your life.  

Hm! Definitely sounds like a plan! I just don't know what to do for a business! I'm not very tech savvy. I'm not really into writing. I also don't like accounting. We'll see! I'm sure there's something that'll fit my personality and skill level!
HeavenlMevuoi

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 06:20:38 PM

Almost a decade. I was super young at the time and was just playing around with my cashier paychecks at the time.

Was the price back then really $10 or was it something else?
TheGreatBigBoy

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:51:57 PM

Almost a decade. I was super young at the time and was just playing around with my cashier paychecks at the time.

It looks like it was indeed probably ten. Just assuming by the amount of USD accumulated. At that time, Bitcoin was barely popular so this must come from a person that probably knew about it because they were in the same town Bitcoin was developed in or something. I don't really know. Just speculating.
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 12:50:30 AM

So what exactly you gained bitcoin? You mined it, bought it, receive as a gift? 20 bitcoins couple years ago prior to  2013 wasn't that highly valued anyway. I am surprised that you only have that many.

I did all three! Smiley

What kind of investments will you take part in with all that spare money?

Good question. Really not sure. Probably ones devoted to raising bitcoin's price.

Question: how exactly did you find out Bitcoin was up to almost 1k if you forgot all about bitcoin? I'm certain bitcoin doesn't get any real kind of media attention so you couldn't have found out about it on CNN or something. Or did you? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm fairly new to all of this.

I didn't actually forget. It's been on my mind. It just wasn't a burning priority to check the price every minute of every second. I did what the rulebook said. "Wait a few years to cash in". That's exactly what I did.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 01:43:19 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2016, 07:02:09 AM by bL4nkcode

Its really cool, I didn't get any even just a whole 1 bitcoin since I started here. And what is the exactly price of bitcoin when you get those 20 btc? You can try business out there to get more profit and earn a lot Grin
I'll only donate half a  coin. Anything higher is an investment.
If you're kind hearted person maybe you can share any amount there in your wallet to me, just visit my profile and there's my btc addresses. Grin
Well just kidding I know you'll not do it.
Any ways congrats dude.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 05:23:55 AM

The newbie accounts with activity less than 14 are no newbies.Throw away accounts to suck money out of your giveaway,if you're serious about it.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:10:22 AM

I think I have heard of bitcoin getting coverage on CNN. Where OP heard about that though might have just been through friends.

It has gotten coverage on the CNN website if I'm not mistaken. That's not how I heard though.

Hi! That's really cool that you were able to make so much from just holding. Most people usually make that amount through just lucky gambling. This in a sense was also a gamble. It kind of looks like you just got super lucky but it could have been done deliberately so I guess I'll ask this.

Was it all deliberate or did you genuinely forget like how you made it seem? Although I can't for the life of me really see anybody holding so much money and just forgetting all about it.
It was intentional. I just didn't think I'd make out like this.

How many people will you actually donate to? Is there a certain amount? If so, I'd rather just take up offers for investments and then we can both just make money. Although I have no idea what we'd even be doing, so let's come up with a business plan for the next month....? Haha. You probably could find somebody better to invest in.

Don't say that! I'm sure you're worth while. I myself can't even find something to invest in here. There's too many options and you don't know what pays off.
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 07:44:38 PM

...snip...

As much as I love donating, I'd only donate to a few who really need it to buy food to eat or are in military homes. Next amount of money I give has to be an investment.

Well, let's see if you do! How long ago did you start using BTC? Are you a low income home owner? Facing any debt? Struggling to any degree? Give me as much detail as possible to higher your chances of getting a donation.

I do not fit your scope because I'm living in a rent, have a job with above average pay, not facing any debts and since a year ago I do not live from paycheck to paycheck anymore but I'm pretty sure you won't find here people who " really need it to buy food to eat or are in military homes". Such people have other things to struggle with and won't be able to access the internet to post here and if so, they are simply lying about their situation ... so my opinion.

Just be careful in trusting newbies with low activity and registration date after this OP ( btw I'm quite surprised this thread is not flooded with them yet ).

Here's my proposal, put your BTC in some interest wallet ( I trust BW and HaoBTC ) and redirect the profit to redcross, salvationarmy or similar charity. You can always withdraw BTC back and donate them directly.

Good luck. I wish your BTC won't end up in wrong hands.

Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:26:07 PM

If I may interject here: One thing that can be done is to just focus on yourself when you're here. Nobody wants to just throw away all their precious earnings on people that will probably just blow it all away. It's not that easy to come across that much money. Not only that, assuming you held your coins when they were just $10 each, it took you years to get that much and that'll never ever happen again. Bitcoin is a really risky thing to get into. Whether you're gambling, investing, spending, or even just holding, it's all a huge gamble.
Thank you for the interjection. I completely agree. I just figured the holidays were here. I donate some of my things to others during this season, and I don't really see any losses here because the original money was $200 that I knew I could spare years ago.

Of course I'm not donating all $15k. Not half of $15k. Not even half of half of $15. Just a little to someone in need.

Do you have any career goals with bitcoin? What are you planning for the near future after all this?  Cheesy

Gearing up for halving season of course.

That's just being too sweet. Why though? Is there any genuine reason? Do you do this all the time or no? Just feeling the holiday spirit?

Yes there's a significant reason. Half of the money I used to hold was given to me. The other half I took out of my paycheck.
MotherMaggieL

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:43:42 PM

That's just being too sweet. Why though? Is there any genuine reason? Do you do this all the time or no? Just feeling the holiday spirit?

Yes there's a significant reason. Half of the money I used to hold was given to me. The other half I took out of my paycheck.

Aw. I wish I wasn't so stingy. XD Maybe I could learn from you? Here's an idea though. Maybe instead of donating $200-400's worth in bitcoin, you could maybe just donate like $20 or something like that. That's much less detrimental. Or should I say "debt"trimental?
HarlemShakers

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:04:50 PM

How many people will you actually donate to? Is there a certain amount? If so, I'd rather just take up offers for investments and then we can both just make money. Although I have no idea what we'd even be doing, so let's come up with a business plan for the next month....? Haha. You probably could find somebody better to invest in.

Don't say that! I'm sure you're worth while. I myself can't even find something to invest in here. There's too many options and you don't know what pays off.

What should pay off is coding work. Maybe you wanna look into that? Web design is greatly appreciated here and makes a lot.
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 11:08:29 PM

I think i can be believe this if he can provide of any proof that he is holding 20 btc in his wallet.. if he can share the address with us maybe i can believe to him that he is holding 20 btc in his wallet.. that i can say he is lucky if he bought it for the price of 300 last year or below..
It can be motivate newbies to buy now and hold it and wait for the right time to sell it..

Make crypto as your bank.
Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:44:46 PM

I'll take a half a Bitty. Donate address is in my profile. What a great gesture! You can give 40 people half a Bitcoin and make their Holiday season. Good on you sir.
No that's way too much. I wouldn't even donate $6k worth.

Just $3.5 k worth.

I have to ask some questions. Are you financially struggling? Low income home owner? Any serious debts? Etc?

For the most part, yes.

Its really cool, I didn't get any even just a whole 1 bitcoin since I started here. And what is the exactly price of bitcoin when you get those 20 btc? You can try business out there to get more profit and earn a lot Grin
If you're kind hearted person maybe you can share any amount there in your wallet to me, just visit my profile and there's my btc addresses. Grin
Well just kidding I know you'll not do it.
Any ways congrats dude.

I'm only giving $3.5k worth of btc. This information is needed for me to feel confident giving it to you or anyone else though. Smiley Are you a low income home owner? Facing any debts? Saving up for something needed? Etc?
blackmagician

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 02:35:57 AM

Hi! I'm Cateciva! I'm here to answer any questions you may have for me if you think they'll help you become more acquainted with BTC! Several years ago, I started holding bitcoin. About 20 to be exact. I had forgotten all about bitcoin until I heard the news BTC was up to almost 1k which means my coins are worth $15k! I'm super excited to share my success story for any beginners here, so ask away! I'm very generous with BTC, so I can even donate to you. I'll only donate half a  coin. Anything higher is an investment.

Ask away!
Very inspiring story that you have shared with us. I think it will inspire every members of this forum that buying at low and holding for several months or years is worth waiting. And giving some blessings to other people is good idea.  Hope you will succeed even more by doing great things.
Hoping that i get some blessings coming from you too.

Cateciva (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 06:57:47 AM

I do not fit your scope because I'm living in a rent, have a job with above average pay, not facing any debts and since a year ago I do not live from paycheck to paycheck anymore but I'm pretty sure you won't find here people who " really need it to buy food to eat or are in military homes". Such people have other things to struggle with and won't be able to access the internet to post here and if so, they are simply lying about their situation ... so my opinion.

Just be careful in trusting newbies with low activity and registration date after this OP ( btw I'm quite surprised this thread is not flooded with them yet ).

Here's my proposal, put your BTC in some interest wallet ( I trust BW and HaoBTC ) and redirect the profit to redcross, salvationarmy or similar charity. You can always withdraw BTC back and donate them directly.

Good luck. I wish your BTC won't end up in wrong hands.

Bless you. I'm so glad you were honest with me. Definitely deserves a trust point.

Aw. I wish I wasn't so stingy. XD Maybe I could learn from you? Here's an idea though. Maybe instead of donating $200-400's worth in bitcoin, you could maybe just donate like $20 or something like that. That's much less detrimental. Or should I say "debt"trimental?

It's good sometimes to be stingy. (Sometimes. Not all times). And yeah, maybe you're right. Just some starter coin for the newcomers. You can still make a few satoshi from holding a $20. And ahahah cute joke!

What should pay off is coding work. Maybe you wanna look into that? Web design is greatly appreciated here and makes a lot.

How much do coders typically look for to get their businesses up and running?
SuperMarryO

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:38:33 AM

It has gotten coverage on the CNN website if I'm not mistaken. That's not how I heard though.

Oh is that so? Yeah, I was thinking it has been commented on several times on CNN. See I didn't really actually know too much but just assumed. Apparently president Trump is into Bitcoin. Surprised at all about that?
eGoodieMagoodie

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:42:39 AM

What kind of investments will you take part in with all that spare money?

Good question. Really not sure. Probably ones devoted to raising bitcoin's price.

Nothing that I know of in terms of a business plan can really ever raise the price on its own. It takes a large group of people being involved in bitcoin (trading, buying, selling, holding, and the like). Indirectly you could probably find a way to get bitcoin advertised, but certainly not raised. It really depends on whether or not how you advertise it interests people to get started with bitcoin.
Hellfiremakewire

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 08:01:45 AM

Question: how exactly did you find out Bitcoin was up to almost 1k if you forgot all about bitcoin? I'm certain bitcoin doesn't get any real kind of media attention so you couldn't have found out about it on CNN or something. Or did you? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm fairly new to all of this.

I didn't actually forget. It's been on my mind. It just wasn't a burning priority to check the price every minute of every second. I did what the rulebook said. "Wait a few years to cash in". That's exactly what I did.

That's actually kind of funny you said that because I know of some people that are so obsessed that they genuinely check the price every morning. It's hilarious. Do they really think the price is just going to fly up in one night? It honestly doesn't work that way at all. Usually,  I presume those specific people lost a lot with btc and hoping to gain it back in small portions.
BraksyonShaki

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 01:09:38 AM

Do you have any career goals with bitcoin? What are you planning for the near future after all this?  Cheesy

Gearing up for halving season of course.

Yeah but in what ways?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: