Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero's ANON FAIL !  (Read 8113 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:57:49 AM

So i have a few questions..

If ANON was needed so badly why did the dev's not submit the idea to the Bitcoin core dev's foundation etc ?
Was it because they knew it would be rejected ?

Seems to me i am not the only one who has rejected this anon coin idea huh ?
Otherwise BTC would have anon code in it already mirroring what Monero is doing.

I love how they patronize everyone and say it's needed.. but the entire Bitcoin world rejects them.
Not just .. Spoetnik  Cheesy

Instead they felt the need to create a NEW coin and tack on ANON features..
Rather than trying to get the ANON code integrated into BTC.

Hmm i wonder why ? Any idea why people ?
Why is it they would want to start a new coin ? hmmmm ? Maybe Risto can answer he bought LOTS of them and controls the coin.

Yeah.. the guy with the Pink Bentley who lives in a castle.

So what do we see bottom line ?
Want Morono's ? well guess what ? you need to buy them.. with Bitcoin  Cheesy
Yup.. Bitcoin hahahhahahah

AND ...

You can line up at Poloniex the official shitcoin exchange for them to buy them clutching your picture ID.

So Profiteers.. do you see through this retarded little facade ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:16:46 PM

If ANON was needed so badly why did the dev's not submit the idea to the Bitcoin core dev's foundation etc ?

Exactly. Bitcoin will never have anonymity feature. that is why coins as Monero brought something to the Crypto table.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:24:29 PM

because btc is transparant by default, which is a big no no... cash should be anonymous by default (like monero)...

oh and also because monero is based on a different protocol (cryptonote)...

oh, and also because BTC is totally politicised, good luck on trying to implement anything new (cough blocksize cough)

best regards
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:31:11 PM

Pseudo-anonimity is good enough for me.

What I find hilarious is that 96.52% of Monero's volume belongs to a single, centralized exchange (polo) which also require people's identity. Until that's fixed I'm not sure how people can push Monero.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:06:29 PM

What I find hilarious is that 96.52% of Monero's volume belongs to a single, centralized exchange (polo) which also require people's identity. Until that's fixed I'm not sure how people can push Monero.

Volume is made by traders trading Monero and not users using it.  This traders dont need anonymity they just want to get a short term or long term profit. They would not see it worth trading unless Monero would have unique features.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:49:09 PM

Volume is made by traders trading Monero and not users using it.  This traders dont need anonymity they just want to get a short term or long term profit. They would not see it worth trading unless Monero would have unique features.

Right, and where do these users get those coins?

obit33

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:49:30 PM

this is false, if you stay under the 2k$-withdrawal limit you don't need to give up your identity...

pseudo-anonimity is not good enough for everyone... I for one wouldn't like to be associated with shady business because a bitcoin was used for some shady business 7 transactions ago (when I had nothing to do with that bitcoin)...

cash needs to be fungible, bitcoin is not fungible because its traceable...

best regards,

obit33

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:51:50 PM

Right, and where do these users get those coins?

I think you don't get it. Even if users give their identity to poloniex (which is not needed if you stay under the daily 2k$ limit), all their further transactions are private and anonymous. monero is untraceable and unlinkable... So even if you give your identity when buying xmr, noone knows what you do with these xmr... that's the beauty of cash

maybe this will help:
http://moneroblocks.info/richlist
and this
http://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/1967/what-is-fungibility-and-why-does-it-matter

best regards
lazi

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:35:18 PM

CloakCoin is the real new Anoncoin

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/12/06/cloakcoin-private-secure-untraceable-decentralized-better-way-stay-anonymous-todays-markets-ready-go/
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:40:03 PM

We will need full anonymity once governments start banning bitcoin and trying to get people's money, and they will eventually, once they get rid of cash and people resort to bitcoin. So by then we better have a stronger and more anonymous bitcoin. The good news is with segwit and mimblewimble and coinjoin and all that we can achieve good anonymity within bitcoin,.
Reallist

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:59:26 PM

Guldens new HD account system provides more then enough privacy needed in their latest 1.6 two weeks ago.

1 / 10th of the update quoted below from https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ . Oh and XMR still on a archaic codebase, Gulden also updated to 0.13 codebase in this release.

Accounts and Privacy

Gulden for Desktop now uses accounts which you can add to serve different purposes. We have 2 different account creation types.

* Normal Accounts
* Mobile Accounts – which enables the link feature between your desktop and mobile device.

The additional privacy comes in for both deposits and withdrawals.

* Gulden deposits:

Gulden for desktop wallets will use a different Gulden address each time you receive Gulden, this way the depositors will have no way of knowing who else is sending you Gulden to your wallet.
Note: A depositor can continue to use the address you gave them for multiple deposits.

* Gulden withdrawals:

With accounts you can separate your payments depending on it’s intended use without the recipients of your Gulden knowing what other transactions your doing from within your wallet.
eg. You can have 1 account for family transactions and another for business transactions.

Oh yes, Gulden exposes Poloniex exchange BIGTIME because they claim to add the best coins in development. Gulden proves this is not true, Poloniex only listens to it's special interests.
TheKoolaider

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:18:54 PM

because btc is transparant by default, which is a big no no... cash should be anonymous by default (like monero)...

oh and also because monero is based on a different protocol (cryptonote)...

oh, and also because BTC is totally politicised, good luck on trying to implement anything new (cough blocksize cough)

best regards

This guy gets it.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:22:16 PM

Well, you'd have to redo many things in bitcoin.  So many, actually, that almost nothing would be left of bitcoin.  Your question is akin to "if flying in the air is so important, why did people build airplanes, and didn't add wings to cars which were already riding ?".  There's so much to change in a car to turn it into an airplane, that it is easier to start off from scratch.

That said, I repeated already a few times, that a good way to introduce a new coin is not to start a new chain with a new genesis block, but to fork off bitcoin, to give every bitcoin owner some of the new coins (something like the eth/etc fork) ; except that the fork is so drastic that only the "original ownership of bitcoin" is kept, and nothing else of it.

As to why one shouldn't bend to the core dev's foundation, I would think that in crypto, that's evident, no ?  There is no authority.

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:25:10 PM

Indeed, this is similar to bitcoin's situation, where also a very large part of it is trading on exchanges, which don't even need a block chain to exist, but just exchange IOU.  Most of bitcoin's transactions are exchange transactions ; and even most on-chain transactions are trading and not using bitcoin.  Probably the small percentage of real use of bitcoin is higher than Monero's percentage, but real crypto usage is in any case an almost negligible aspect of crypto.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 03:40:04 PM

Tis the season to trollalollaloll !
obit33

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:11:48 PM

Well, you'd have to redo many things in bitcoin.  So many, actually, that almost nothing would be left of bitcoin.  Your question is akin to "if flying in the air is so important, why did people build airplanes, and didn't add wings to cars which were already riding ?".  There's so much to change in a car to turn it into an airplane, that it is easier to start off from scratch.

Now that's a nice comparison, I'm jealous of the way you can explain things in layman's terms like this... Even someone who never heard of crypto can get what you want to say with the above explanation...

well done!

best regards
obit33

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:06:47 PM

xmr is a great coin....

if you're a retard
HAHA

It certainly is, cuz even if you're a retard it's hard to destroy your privacy while using xmr, that's how great it is  Wink

best regards

TheCrash

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:11:23 PM

Guldens new HD account system provides more then enough privacy needed in their latest 1.6 two weeks ago.

1 / 10th of the update quoted below from https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ . Oh and XMR still on a archaic codebase, Gulden also updated to 0.13 codebase in this release.

Accounts and Privacy

Gulden for Desktop now uses accounts which you can add to serve different purposes. We have 2 different account creation types.

* Normal Accounts
* Mobile Accounts – which enables the link feature between your desktop and mobile device.

The additional privacy comes in for both deposits and withdrawals.

* Gulden deposits:

Gulden for desktop wallets will use a different Gulden address each time you receive Gulden, this way the depositors will have no way of knowing who else is sending you Gulden to your wallet.
Note: A depositor can continue to use the address you gave them for multiple deposits.

* Gulden withdrawals:

With accounts you can separate your payments depending on it’s intended use without the recipients of your Gulden knowing what other transactions your doing from within your wallet.
eg. You can have 1 account for family transactions and another for business transactions.

Oh yes, Gulden exposes Poloniex exchange BIGTIME because they claim to add the best coins in development. Gulden proves this is not true, Poloniex only listens to it's special interests.

The new king!
vroomDotClub

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 06:26:37 PM

Seems to me i am not the only one who has rejected this anon coin idea huh ?
Otherwise BTC would have anon code in it already mirroring what Monero is doing.

I love how they patronize everyone and say it's needed.. but the entire Bitcoin world rejects them.
Not just .. Spoetnik  Cheesy

Instead they felt the need to create a NEW coin and tack on ANON features..
Rather than trying to get the ANON code integrated into BTC.

Hmm i wonder why ? Any idea why people ?
Why is it they would want to start a new coin ? hmmmm ? Maybe Risto can answer he bought LOTS of them and controls the coin.

Yeah.. the guy with the Pink Bentley who lives in a castle.

So what do we see bottom line ?
Want Morono's ? well guess what ? you need to buy them.. with Bitcoin  Cheesy
Yup.. Bitcoin hahahhahahah

AND ...

You can line up at Poloniex the official shitcoin exchange for them to buy them clutching your picture ID.

So Profiteers.. do you see through this retarded little facade ?

The reason why Anon is not in bitcoin is there are TRADEOFFS for everything.
No one blockchain tech can meet all demands;
Security, Speed, Fungibility, Privacy, Merchant-ability etc.
Hence the need for at least a few alt cryptos that can fill the niche.

That being said I think Cloak is a lot better than Monero tech wise.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 06:56:33 PM

this is false, if you stay under the 2k$-withdrawal limit you don't need to give up your identity...

pseudo-anonimity is not good enough for everyone... I for one wouldn't like to be associated with shady business because a bitcoin was used for some shady business 7 transactions ago (when I had nothing to do with that bitcoin)...

cash needs to be fungible, bitcoin is not fungible because its traceable...

best regards,

You are not associated, basing associations like that in and of itself is plain stupid. It's like being a suspect of a crime because you walked down the same street where someone committed a crime a month later you were there.

There's no 2k$ anon limit. Level 1 verification (2k$ limit) requires your name already. And even then you're pretty much at the mercy of Poloniex regarding when they will require full identification.

Anonimity is not that important to me but even then an anon coin with its entire trading volume happening on one single US exchange is just trash to me.

If anonimity were more important to me, I'd much rather want to avoid using exchanges with FinCEN/AML/KYC first than just using full anon coins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: