Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:59:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
ethlover1234

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:22:53 PM

I read though the opening post of ANN for this sa'at and I still have not seen any info about it. I really missed once update about this ,,, so do not delay the update again.

"do not delay the update again"

King Rido has spoken!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:40:44 PM

people are talking some major exchange will list Qtum.. is that true ?
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:45:39 PM

https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000742491-Qtum-Trading-on-Binance

https://www.binance.com/

Qtum Trading on Binance

4 hours ago Updated
Dear all,

We will start Qtum/ETH trading on Binance exchange at 8AM. July 27, 2017 (Thursday) Beijing Time.

The deposit and withdrawal of Qtum will open at 8AM July 24, 2017 (Monday) Beijing Time. Click here to start deposit and withdrawal your Qtum token.

About QTUM
Fees
Rule

Binance will add more tokens over time. If you have a coin that you wish to list on Binance, please contact us at market@binance.com.

Thank you for your support!

Binance Team

July 21, 2017
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 04:46:44 PM

The Distributed St. Louis Hackathon is about to get started! Earlz will be a judge, and is about to say a few words to all the contests in 15 minutes, stay tuned we will be posting updates throughout the day:

We are sponsoring this event with $10,000.00 worth of Qtum tokens.

https://dist-trade-2017.devpost.com/

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 04:48:55 PM

https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000742491-Qtum-Trading-on-Binance

https://www.binance.com/

Qtum Trading on Binance

4 hours ago Updated
Dear all,

We will start Qtum/ETH trading on Binance exchange at 8AM. July 27, 2017 (Thursday) Beijing Time.

The deposit and withdrawal of Qtum will open at 8AM July 24, 2017 (Monday) Beijing Time. Click here to start deposit and withdrawal your Qtum token.

About QTUM
Fees
Rule

Binance will add more tokens over time. If you have a coin that you wish to list on Binance, please contact us at market@binance.com.

Thank you for your support!

Binance Team

July 21, 2017

Thank you for the update, we will add to the OP.

Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 07:27:14 PM

Hackathon Update:

Jordan Earls explains that the special $10,000.00 prize will be awarded to what he considers the best project built on the Qtum Blockchain.

JUDGING CRITERIA

Problem being solved

What problem is addressed or opportunity uncovered?

Use of blockchain technology

Is the opportunity space or problem being solved leveraging the unique qualities of blockchain technology?

Market readiness

Implementation and technical quality

Presentation quality

iandoZ

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:15:30 PM

Block Judge another interesting project based on qtum/ethereum that could filled an potential gap of law for entire blockchain world..I hope that them go ahead and which create the next ico crowdfunding

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 12:40:54 PM

I think this is a good advanced project but when doing research I found a lot of reports how QTUM founder stole money from BitBay. There is article on reddit, medium, bitcointalk. Not only this but a lot of bad practices behind this guy's (pump and dump,fake ICO, and so on). I think all this is holding this coin price so low. People learned their lesson and won't invest in projects which leaders have shady past. There are chat logs on medium from this guys when they prepare to pump a coin with thousands bitcoins. Look to this link  https://medium.com/@icocountdown/due-diligence-pack-for-qtum-7369ef48917b

Frankrbruno

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:34:34 PM

I think this is a good advanced project but when doing research I found a lot of reports how QTUM founder stole money from BitBay. There is article on reddit, medium, bitcointalk. Not only this but a lot of bad practices behind this guy's (pump and dump,fake ICO, and so on). I think all this is holding this coin price so low. People learned their lesson and won't invest in projects which leaders have shady past. There are chat logs on medium from this guys when they prepare to pump a coin with thousands bitcoins. Look to this link  https://medium.com/@icocountdown/due-diligence-pack-for-qtum-7369ef48917b

Patricks work is proving them all wrong. He isn't scamming no one, he is making one of the best blockchains to date and has an awesome team behind him. What more could a community ask from him? Also, the returns from the ICO are amazing for the people who invested. Everybody is happy with what he has done. It's just "people" keep bringing up the "bitbay" bs...

We as a community support this project and Patrick no matter what claims are made that he did. We read through all the bs...
iandoZ

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:42:29 PM

Write on medium that is better ... because that nobody follows you here...
We believe in the qtum project!

daadog

Activity: 107

SHPING Presale:22-31 JAN / Crowdsale:22 FEB-23 MAR

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:13:41 PM

People can change you know, just because he maybe did something like that once doesn't mean he'll do it again.

SHPING | | A cryptocurrency for shopper marketing and rewards
Token Sale | | Bitcointalk ANN | | Bounty Program | | Telegram
PRESALE: 22 - 31 Jan | | CROWDSALE: 22 Feb - 23 Mar
ethlover1234

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:12:33 PM

People can change you know, just because he maybe did something like that once doesn't mean he'll do it again.

I'm all on-board the Qtum project, but that logic is the definition of ignorant. If Bernie Madoff opens a new investment firm, I don't think you'd be so eager to invest. The same principles apply here, if you actually believe what is being said (which I, of course, don't).
left-ca

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:24:25 PM

Is it true the angel backers bought 20m qtum tokens for 1m usd?
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 05:54:52 PM

2 Updates:

Distributed 2017 Hackathon Update: 12:42PM, less than 20 minutes before development must stop

We are nearing the end of the coding period at the Hackathon. Teams of developers have now had 24 hours to create a proof-of-concept to compete for 4 prizes:

3 prizes totaling $10,000.00 to be judged by a panel, awarded for best use case for a Blockchain product. Their critiques will be covered and posted later, as the projects are released.

The other prize is $10,000.00 worth of Qtum tokens, awarded to whichever project builds the best use case on the Qtum Blockchain (test network).

Right now it is lunch time in St. Louis, and we are having southern BBQ lunch, but after lunch development ends and the judging begins.

Qtum Development Update: Week ending July 21st

Changes made through this week to the core wallet:

Bugs fixed:

* [EVM/Consensus] Partially fixed a bug where the block gas limit was not completely enforced. A fix for the remaining issue is coming soon
* [EVM/Consensus] Fixed a bug where multiple gas refunds to the same address and of the same amount could be left out of a block and still be valid, allowing stakers to potentially still gas refunds

Work completed:
* [Build/Documentation] Added instructions for building Qtum on OSX
* [EVM/Consensus] Changed the EVM blockchain interface so that it behaves the exact same as in Ethereum, making Qtum smart contracts 100% compatible with Ethereum
* [Consensus] Changed the "VM version" field within transactions to properly use our designed version format, and enforce that unknown versions are not allowed on the blockchain
* [P2P] Added several rules for standard transactions, including sane ranges for allowed gas limits, gas price, and VM versions
* [Consensus] Added a consensus rule that extremely low gas-limit transactions are now allowed on the blockchain. This only affects executions that were not provided enough gas to actually execute anything anyway

In-progress work and soon to be fixed bugs:

* [MPoS/Consensus] Final testing and bug fixing in MPoS is nearly complete
* [DGP/Consensus] Final testing and bug fixing for DGP should be complete next week

lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:09:18 PM

I'm all on-board the Qtum project, but that logic is the definition of ignorant. If Bernie Madoff opens a new investment firm, I don't think you'd be so eager to invest. The same principles apply here, if you actually believe what is being said (which I, of course, don't).

Exactly.  This has been hanging over the project for along time now.  Articles like the one above will only continue to pop up as people learn more and more about qtum.  All these bloggers will happen on this story and report on it in hopes that a juicy story will get them more steem dollars, or youtube views.  That's why I feel the matter should be settled sometime in the near future to help the project proceed forward.  If there is so much misinformation and fud out there, then whatever truth will be overtaken at some point. 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ethlover1234

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:57:26 PM

Exactly.  This has been hanging over the project for along time now.  Articles like the one above will only continue to pop up as people learn more and more about qtum.  All these bloggers will happen on this story and report on it in hopes that a juicy story will get them more steem dollars, or youtube views.  That's why I feel the matter should be settled sometime in the near future to help the project proceed forward.  If there is so much misinformation and fud out there, then whatever truth will be overtaken at some point. 

Someone posted a while ago that the Qtum team had addressed the issue on Slack, but I did not see the conversation. Another person mentioned that the Qtum team posted a statement on their website regarding the matter, but if it were ever there, it doesn't appear to be there now. I really wish that they were more willing to speak out about the situation because making people guess leads to some cynical explanations on the whole ordeal.
ethlover1234

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:21:41 AM

Someone posted a while ago that the Qtum team had addressed the issue on Slack, but I did not see the conversation. Another person mentioned that the Qtum team posted a statement on their website regarding the matter, but if it were ever there, it doesn't appear to be there now. I really wish that they were more willing to speak out about the situation because making people guess leads to some cynical explanations on the whole ordeal.

I don't think I said they posted it to their web site. I'm pretty sure that I said he issued a statement when the alligations where first made, which did happen. The only reason it is a big deal because FUDDERS are making it a big deal. I could go the rest of my life without hearing another word of all this BS and be just fine. Don't you guys have anything better to talk about? 

I'm not making any accusations, I clearly said I think they're inaccurate. To not address them, and to pretend like they don't exist is a huge mistake if you want community trust in your project. The cryptocurrency subreddit, for example, views Qtum very badly (most users say that they think it's a scam). Again, I am completely on-board the Qtum project and the amazing work that the devs have done, but I just don't see a way that Western users get over Dai's previous work in BitBay if it's not properly addressed and explained. So far, all I can find through research is the word of David Zimbeck, which certainly is biased in his favor.

Let's not act as if it would be as hard as developing a VM that is compatible with x86 as it is to give a brief summary of Dai's involvement in BitBay. It wouldn't be hard to clear the air here.
earlz

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 05:08:14 AM

This was addressed in February. Some people (primarily accounts created or which have suddenly become active in the past month or two here and on reddit) continue to bring this issue up. Read the Smith and Crown article if you want a fairly unbiased account of where it stands. Nothing has changed because it's he-said vs he-said. There is no consensus to come to regarding a "solution", or anything to "clear up". We've made our statement and he disagrees with it; there's nothing else to be done. Furthermore, all of the things that Smith and Crown have said would rectify this concern in their eyes have already been accomplished, such as financial transparency and our code being released with all of the things implemented we said we would. Additionally, Qtum has 3 co-founders, it's not just one person running the entire project. We manage ourselves in a way that it's impossible, even if 1 of us became corrupt, to just up and run away with the crowdfunded money. This is common sense in any blockchain project like this. It's not 2014 anymore, where everyone naively shares a single-sig wallet. And finally, that article that "hangs over our head" is alone.. Well, I guess there's also that funny guy on youtube that said all the code me and my team had worked on (and that ~8 teams built hackathon projects on in the past 24 hours) actually doesn't exist. I literally LOL'd when I watched that just at the pure irony and timing of it.

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
abescapital

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:09:24 AM

It's been a very long time since I saw it but a while back they publicly commented that while he was at Bitbay he did not participate in the scam but obviously how are you going to prove any of that besides he said / she said

I don't think I said they posted it to their web site. I'm pretty sure that I said he issued a statement when the alligations where first made, which did happen. The only reason it is a big deal because FUDDERS are making it a big deal. I could go the rest of my life without hearing another word of all this BS and be just fine. Don't you guys have anything better to talk about? 

I'm not making any accusations, I clearly said I think they're inaccurate. To not address them, and to pretend like they don't exist is a huge mistake if you want community trust in your project. The cryptocurrency subreddit, for example, views Qtum very badly (most users say that they think it's a scam). Again, I am completely on-board the Qtum project and the amazing work that the devs have done, but I just don't see a way that Western users get over Dai's previous work in BitBay if it's not properly addressed and explained. So far, all I can find through research is the word of David Zimbeck, which certainly is biased in his favor.

Let's not act as if it would be as hard as developing a VM that is compatible with x86 as it is to give a brief summary of Dai's involvement in BitBay. It wouldn't be hard to clear the air here.

They already addressed this a while back. It's just he said she said. QTUM said that while Patrick was at Bitbay he did not participate in the scam. It'll never die down and that Smith & Crown article is very old. People want to throw FUD because they want other projects to succeed. Every coin suffers from it.
synan

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:13:55 AM

Can I withdraw my token from allcoin to bittrex ? Is it possible ?

Thank you
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: