Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 11:54:38 AM

it is dead , just accepted guys. qtum is doing nothing but clone bitcoin update.

another Newbie account?  Qtum is the first coin based on BTC UTXO's model but add smart contract...

i think you know nothing about the project..

running farm worldwide

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 12:27:03 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2019, 09:43:31 PM by Qtum

China Regulatory Update

The Qtum Foundation works closely to follow global cryptocurrency regulations and policies to operate in a compliant manner, including those most recently announced in China. On Sep. 4, 2017, Chinese regulatory departments announced regulations about initial coin offerings and trading, banning those activities in China. More recently, on November 14, 2019, regulatory departments in Shanghai announced an investigation to close cryptocurrency fundraising and trading platforms.

This announcement emphasized the restriction on agencies providing services for oversees ICO projects and exchanges. Beijing and Shenzhen joined the campaign in the following days. Earlier this year, the Cyberspace Administration of China started two batches of blockchain information service registrations, and 506 enterprises completed the registration recording process, including the Qtum Foundation.

Below we provide a translation of recent regulatory announcements and look forward to a time when these regulations will provide a structured and safe environment for the development of blockchain technology.

Read the translated announcements

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
GlobalProtection

Activity: 552
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 02:06:43 AM

Excited to announce that @earlzdotnet will be a speaker at CRYPTO 2020 Summit!

Jordan and over 50 other #crypto experts will be sharing predictions for the crypto space in 2020.

This event is online and #free for a limited time.

Register here for your free tickets to this online event
https://www.crypto2020summit.com/registration

It is good to see that Jordan Earls of QTUM is one of the top featured speakers at this summit.

"Jordan is a trusted and well-known member of the cryptocurrency community and has been developing software since he was thirteen. Jordan currently serves as co-chair of the Smart Contracts Alliance for the Chamber of Digital Commerce and as the co-founder and lead developer of Qtum. Jordan has reviewed over 100 altcoins and identified multiple exploits in coins before joining Qtum."  Scroll down to speakers on this page: https://www.crypto2020summit.com/registration

If both the legal big tech criminals and legal government criminals can see your data, so can the illegal criminals.  Swiss based online privacy and data protection is the solution.

Use coupon code:  "Digital Swiss Safe" to obtain 10% off of the Swiss Crypto Safe price here > https://www.securesafe.com/en/faq/
TomThumb

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 02:44:58 PM

so you are saying you are buying a coin with 7 full nodes?   i do not think you really understand blockchain ....

I understand the difference between a project that can set its own direction because it does all the development itself, and one that simply downloads the upgrades to Ethereum and Bitcoin and pretends it's created something new. Grin NEO is going to become more decentralized in the future.

I reconfigure my portfolio from time to time, eliminating the deadwood. If I'd followed your advice right from the start, I'd still be invested in Siacoin, Stratis, Lisk, and Waves, and lost almost everything! Whatever coin you care to mention, whatever its ranking, long-term hodlers sing its praises. None of them care about me, so I'm thinking for myself. So far, I've maintained my wealth fairly well. Cheesy
TomThumb

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 02:48:10 PM

Quote from: GlobalProtection link=topic=1720632.msg53208467#msg53208467
[b
It is good to see that Jordan Earls of QTUM is one of the top featured speakers at this summit.[/b]

LOL! I saw that guy being interviewed on YouTube - it was a train wreck! He's barely literate. It was like he had just got out of bed and had been drinking heavily the night before. One person commented that, after seeing the interview, they were selling. At the time, I thought, "shit, this is bad!".
TomThumb

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 03:07:54 PM

I don't see any problem if a community post the update in public. So if there is something serious than please explain maybe I'm missing your point of view because it's not against the rules of the forum.

I say we should do their development work for them, too. What say you? Cheesy

They had enough energy to block me from their channel when my wallet stopped synching. Wouldn't surprise me if they step on the homeless sleeping on the streets, too. Maybe even give these unfortunate souls a good kicking - just for the perverted pleasure of it!  Angry
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 09:42:07 PM

Hello TomThumb,

Quote from: ”TomThumb”
They had enough energy to block me from their channel when my wallet stopped synching.
Sorry we gave you a bad experience with support for your wallet during the hard fork, although we strive to provide a high level of technical support, it was a hectic time Embarrassed. Was it Qtum Electrum or Qtum Core? Those are both working well now, but please let us know if you need help syncing either.

I say we should do their development work for them, too. What say you?
Since Qtum is open source, you are welcome to help with development on GitHub. In addition to user interface updates and the usual issues and bug fixes, active work is ongoing with MimbleWimble for privacy assets and Qtum Neutron for the x86 VM.

… one that simply downloads the upgrades to Ethereum and Bitcoin and pretends it's created something new.
Qtum has additions to the Bitcoin and Ethereum code to interface UTXOs to the Ethereum account model through the Account Abstraction Layer, the Distributed Governance Protocol using smart contracts for on-chain adjustment of block size and Gas parameters, and Mutualized Proof of Stake for consensus. Qtum is more than just Bitcoin and Ethereum updates.

HeitorMessias

Activity: 209
Merit: 32

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via" Seneca _

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 09:26:50 PM

Hi for all, i like to ask, if have official channels of quantum in portuguese? Thanks
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 11:13:36 PM

Hi for all, i like to ask, if have official channels of quantum in portuguese? Thanks
Hey man, upon checking their official group chat (linked in CoinMarketCap), it appears that they don't have a specific channel for Portuguese. Though, you can join them in the said group chat and forward your inquiries there. It's a Telegram channel.

Code: (QTUM TELEGRAM CHANNEL)
https://t.me/joinchat/D5oBaw29NeOdpw6qqqf2lw
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 01:21:46 PM

so you are saying you are buying a coin with 7 full nodes?   i do not think you really understand blockchain ....

I understand the difference between a project that can set its own direction because it does all the development itself, and one that simply downloads the upgrades to Ethereum and Bitcoin and pretends it's created something new. Grin NEO is going to become more decentralized in the future.

I reconfigure my portfolio from time to time, eliminating the deadwood. If I'd followed your advice right from the start, I'd still be invested in Siacoin, Stratis, Lisk, and Waves, and lost almost everything! Whatever coin you care to mention, whatever its ranking, long-term hodlers sing its praises. None of them care about me, so I'm thinking for myself. So far, I've maintained my wealth fairly well. Cheesy

Wish I had done the same. Thanks to my foggy brain I'm stuck with total shitcoins, I'll be on a lookout herein to get into top notch projects. Qtum's development, price etc.. is quite good. I still have Qtum but not as much I like to have. Undecided
Net-chain
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

NTX developer

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 04:31:46 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2019, 03:15:51 AM by Net-chain

QTUM has been listed at https://cointostake.com (staking statistics + monitoring)

Check staking rewards, stats, ROI. POS earning calculator.

frcat

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 09:52:08 AM

so you are saying you are buying a coin with 7 full nodes?   i do not think you really understand blockchain ....

Do you mean that Qtum has just 7 nodes? Its not looks like decentralized... Even EOS has 21 nodes and people guess that is centralized while others blockchains have more than 100+ nodes...
JB395

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 03:55:02 PM

Quote from: ”frcat”
Its not looks like decentralized...
No, I think he was referring to another project. Qtum is one of the most decentralized networks with 1,900 nodes.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 06:00:29 PM

so you are saying you are buying a coin with 7 full nodes?   i do not think you really understand blockchain ....
Do you mean that Qtum has just 7 nodes? Its not looks like decentralized... Even EOS has 21 nodes and people guess that is centralized while others blockchains have more than 100+ nodes...
Qtum is one of the coin with huge number of full nodes, Current count as shown on their website is around 2000, During full node competition it was peaking at 5000+ nodes. Qtum is one of the most decentralized blockhain.
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 07:50:15 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2020, 02:48:55 AM by Qtum

Qtum Development Updates (November 25 - December 1)

Qtum Core

Qtum core updates normally consist of Qtum Improvement Proposals. These QIPs are generated by both our developers and the community and in some cases requests from enterprise users. Our developers evaluate the impact of each QIP and work on high priority QIPs. All bug fixes and feature enhancements that have been issued to the core project will be listed here.

Qtum x86 Virtual Machine

The Qtum x86 Virtual Machine is a smart contract operating software that is designed to enable easily deployable decentralized applications. Currently you can write smart contracts in C, there will be additional languages as we proceed with x86 development.

Lightning Network

•    No update for this week.

Qtum Explorer & Wallets

The Qtum Explorer is our blockchain explorer that is used for viewing transaction details on the Qtum blockchain. The primary blockchain explorer site is qtum.info. We frequently release updates to both explorer and the web wallet sites. Additionally, you’ll find information regarding the official Qtum electrum wallet and support/feature updates to hardware wallets or other interesting services/products.

Qtum.info Explorer

•    Review and improve UI code of explorer.

PC Wallet

•    New PC wallet under internal testing.
  •    Implement the new GUI design.

Electrum Wallet

iOS Wallet

•    No update for this week.

Android Wallet

The new Android wallet:

Qtum SDK

•    Port BitcoinJ to Qtum.

Documentation

Qtum Telegram Channel: https://t.me/qtumofficial
Qtum Twitter: https://twitter.com/Qtum
Qtum Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/QtumOfficial
Qtum Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Qtum

frcat

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 01:18:55 PM

Qtum is one of the coin with huge number of full nodes, Current count as shown on their website is around 2000, During full node competition it was peaking at 5000+ nodes. Qtum is one of the most decentralized blockhain.

How many coins needed for run a node? What technical (VPS) requiments for run a node and how much is annual ROI?
As I see 96 mln out of 107 mln are in circulating right now... so rewards for nodes will end soon?
JB395

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 02:05:17 PM

How many coins needed for run a node?
You can run a node with no coins. There is no minimum for staking, but would probably need several thousand to make it interesting. Wallets staking 100 coins, or less, have published blocks and won block rewards, but that is rare.

What technical (VPS) requiments for run a node
About 2 GB RAM and 10 GB disk. On AWS, t2.micro with a swap file Qtum AMI, on Google GCP g1-small Qtum-Core VM

how much is annual ROI?
This depends on Network Weight, the total number of coins being staked, and is typically in the 5 – 6% range. See the stake calculator for the current ROI and to try some different stake amounts.

As I see 96 mln out of 107 mln are in circulating right now... so rewards for nodes will end soon?
The first halving will be in early December 2021, and the last block reward subsidy will be in 2045. Stakers (miners) also receive the transaction fees and Gas.

Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 03:33:51 AM

Qtum Core Update - 0.18.2 Recommended Update

New Desktop UI, full redesign and 3 themes available!!!

https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/tag/mainnet-ignition-v0.18.2

https://qtumeco.io/wallet

Qtum 0.18.2 Changelog

v0.18.2 – Recommended Update: New GUI, New features, Security improvements and Bug fixes.

•     New GUI implemented with two new themes added (light and dark blue).
  •     Add signrawsendertransactionwithwallet and signrawsendertransactionwithkey rpc calls to support OP_SENDER raw transactions signing.
  •     Add a new process to clean BlockIndex entries older than the last moving checkpoint.
  •     Add outputIndex to transaction receipts (requires to reindex once to update the old log entries).
  •     Add -showevmlogs option to show/hide evm logs in the console.
  •     Reduce the max needed glibc version to 2.11 (fix build on CentOS 7).
  •     Fix build on OS X Catalina.
  •     Fix out-of-source build.
  •     Fix gitian build.
  •     Unbreak build with Boost 1.72
  •     Update Mac OS README.
  •     Update blockchain data.
  •     Add recent checkpoints.

Linux Repositories are also updated (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Archlinux, Mint, Raspbian)

https://docs.qtum.site/en/qtumrepo/

We have available a bootstrap.dat file for faster sync, more details on https://qtumeco.io/wallet

frcat

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 09:06:50 AM

How many coins needed for run a node?
You can run a node with no coins. There is no minimum for staking, but would probably need several thousand to make it interesting. Wallets staking 100 coins, or less, have published blocks and won block rewards, but that is rare.

What technical (VPS) requiments for run a node
About 2 GB RAM and 10 GB disk. On AWS, t2.micro with a swap file Qtum AMI, on Google GCP g1-small Qtum-Core VM

how much is annual ROI?
This depends on Network Weight, the total number of coins being staked, and is typically in the 5 – 6% range. See the stake calculator for the current ROI and to try some different stake amounts.

The first halving will be in early December 2021, and the last block reward subsidy will be in 2045. Stakers (miners) also receive the transaction fees and Gas.

But will I get for node if I dont have any coins? For staking there is not needed run a node? May I stake just from my wallet for example?
What about staking rewards? How many annual % rewards?
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 02:28:21 PM

Qtum Galaxy – 4th Qtum Galactic Full Nodes Incentive Program is Officially Launched!

As one of the world's leading distributed networks, Qtum always pays attention to the distribution and expansion of global nodes. Qtum officially named its Global Full Nodes Incentive Program as Qtum Galaxy. The new event comes with a very easy entry, a whole different gameplay and more awards. More info please check: https://galaxy.qtum.org

Qtum Galaxy will last from December 6th, 2019 to January 4th, 2020 (GMT+8), with 4 award categories, 570 winning places, and a total of 6,000 QTUM! Just one-click to download the Qtum Core wallet and you have the opportunities to share the big prizes! Don't forget to invite your friends and get extra rewards!

Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: