Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:00:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you plan to sell?  (Read 92501 times)
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:20:22 AM

My plan of selling is always changing, there are times that I'm saying to myself that I'm going to sell by the end of the year. But I can't avoid the emergency situations that I've been through and I don't have choice for it but to sell my bitcoins in order to make it as a solution to that problem, but still I manage to hold and remain some.
Even I am also a long term believer of bitcoin, selling some bitcoins for life's some needs is unavoidable.

If we have some other earning sources for supporting a emergency free life means, we never will face a situation to sell off bitcoins without plans. I am working for that, probably here after I may not sell even for emergency needs.

If I can just enough funds that I don't need to use my bitcoins then I'll be glad that I'm going to keep on holding all of them for a longer term. We can't say what is going to happen in the mere future because things are just happening suddenly so even you will say that you may not sell your coins even for emergency needs, you won't know.
Clearly, bitcoin investment's purpose is for you to exceed the value of your money. It was a presserve money for you to earn, not to use it for emergency. However, many people used it to save money, not to resserve it. Giving them a reason to sell in inappropriate timing once they need it immediatly for their needs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:30:08 AM

My plan of selling is always changing, there are times that I'm saying to myself that I'm going to sell by the end of the year. But I can't avoid the emergency situations that I've been through and I don't have choice for it but to sell my bitcoins in order to make it as a solution to that problem, but still I manage to hold and remain some.
Even I am also a long term believer of bitcoin, selling some bitcoins for life's some needs is unavoidable.

If we have some other earning sources for supporting a emergency free life means, we never will face a situation to sell off bitcoins without plans. I am working for that, probably here after I may not sell even for emergency needs.

If I can just enough funds that I don't need to use my bitcoins then I'll be glad that I'm going to keep on holding all of them for a longer term. We can't say what is going to happen in the mere future because things are just happening suddenly so even you will say that you may not sell your coins even for emergency needs, you won't know.
Clearly, bitcoin investment's purpose is for you to exceed the value of your money. It was a presserve money for you to earn, not to use it for emergency. However, many people used it to save money, not to resserve it. Giving them a reason to sell in inappropriate timing once they need it immediatly for their needs.
Who would save bitcoin for emergency, don't think it is a normal savings since it is full of risk. Although we expect we can grow the value of our money but there is no complete assurance that it will happen in the future, we might fail or succeed, therefore, it should be the amount that we can afford to lose.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:31:35 PM

Best never sell at all but I usually sell any amount smaller than $200 because holding bitcoins is only good if you have more than 2 coins.
However if I could mine even half a BTC each day I'd only sell half of it and keep the rest.
Only if I had $10m 8 months ago and invested in bitcoin when price was $480 literally I could have doubled my money.
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:39:39 PM

Best never sell at all but I usually sell any amount smaller than $200 because holding bitcoins is only good if you have more than 2 coins.
However if I could mine even half a BTC each day I'd only sell half of it and keep the rest.
Only if I had $10m 8 months ago and invested in bitcoin when price was $480 literally I could have doubled my money.

We can say to never to anyone but most of the people are selling their btc income to daily purposes or anything else. I we have to hold the half of the btc income from the campaign or project or trading and etc. at least we hold the few btc sure it helps you in future.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:07:11 PM

The difference between the winner and loser in trading is just to know the right time and that 30 minutes could make a difference. For me, anytime I am ready to sell, it will be a period where I can boldly say I am comfortable with the returns this will bring, whether the price will fall tomorrow ir the next minute or even if the price will increase above the roof the next hour, I am ready to live with it. Then I am selling...
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:21:13 PM

The difference between the winner and loser in trading is just to know the right time and that 30 minutes could make a difference.

that is one of doing business.
but as an investor, holding some valuable shares of this limited technology you can be a long term holder and in 30 minutes or even 1 hour your profit can go from 450% down to 445% and that is the beauty of being a long term investor.

For me, anytime I am ready to sell, it will be a period where I can boldly say I am comfortable with the returns this will bring, whether the price will fall tomorrow ir the next minute or even if the price will increase above the roof the next hour, I am ready to live with it. Then I am selling...

this is the part that i agree on and i think it is the only key to success in trading. you have to sop being greedy and take the profit that you are sure about.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:46:04 PM

I will do the selling and buying appropriate to the circumstances. I will pick the best option, because I do not want to lose. during our calculations right then we can benefit a lot.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:48:31 PM

The difference between the winner and loser in trading is just to know the right time and that 30 minutes could make a difference. For me, anytime I am ready to sell, it will be a period where I can boldly say I am comfortable with the returns this will bring, whether the price will fall tomorrow ir the next minute or even if the price will increase above the roof the next hour, I am ready to live with it. Then I am selling...
I guess you might got frustrated in recent bitcoin price fluctuations. 30 minute must be a very big time in any sensitive things hence in bitcoin trading too.

Right time to sell must be a chance only possible along with your luck factor. If you miss and you deliberately need to sell, just accept any prices.

I am not in deliberate needs so I am able to wait in the situations of missing out.
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:51:31 PM

I have not invested all my money in Bitcoin, so I don't have so much pressure to sell too early. I intend to hold most of it for the long term until Bitcoin demonstrates its true potential. Part of my holdings I could hold even for years, as long as Bitcoin continues to make good progress.
margarete11

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 02:46:14 PM

I am planning to sell my coins if I already gaim a profit minimum of 5 times of my inital capital , I Know that it is wuite big and maybe not feasible but I believe that with proper research I can multiply my initial capital to 5 or more ! Its not gonna br easy so I'm gonna still hold my coins until it happens
PacePay

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 03:07:26 PM

Emergency timing is good as at that time no one can stop to sell and provide money for that emergency but fro the other times i will say that t will be good if a person keep some price threshold for himself like if he keep that if the price reach to a certain level then he will sell then it is ok while keeping the time according to calendar is wrong and no one know that at which month the price will be high to earn us profit.
noel2123

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 03:10:58 PM

Just go on your plan sir, when you are going to sell, you must have the next plan. Never plan on one side, just plan to be on your next step. Nevertheless, if you have plan now, you must have a second plan. Never ever do your plan and you do not have a next plan, or you must have plan A and plan B, if plan A did not succeed, you have that plan B.
scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 03:33:57 PM

At a moment I am not planning to sell any of my coin as the price is increasing and it may go even higher in coming days so its better to hold them for a while and if I am in desperate need of money then will prefer to sell part of my bitcoins and rest will hold them and sell when the right time comes.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

llanillo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:40:36 PM

At a moment I am not planning to sell any of my coin as the price is increasing and it may go even higher in coming days so its better to hold them for a while and if I am in desperate need of money then will prefer to sell part of my bitcoins and rest will hold them and sell when the right time comes.

People who have bought at the lower price in the past will not hesitate in selling their coins at this stage and I think that is the right thing to do as we are investing our money in bitcoins to make profits and if we don't sell when its giving us profits then what is the purpose of investing so its better to sell and accumulate the profits and again wait for price drop to buy some more of them.

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
frendsento

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 07:41:47 AM

I am planning to sell my coins if my initial capital would be atleast 3 times my initial investment in this way  I can earn a big profit from a small investment ! Well it probably will take some time but I dont mind waiting as long that It is still profitable I will continue to hold my coins
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:47:50 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2017, 04:54:16 PM by Fireblade

I am planning to sell my coins if my initial capital would be atleast 3 times my initial investment in this way  I can earn a big profit from a small investment ! Well it probably will take some time but I dont mind waiting as long that It is still profitable I will continue to hold my coins
i am planning to sell my bitcoin once it cross its all time high price and  that is the reason that i am hold hold it for last few months. although in previous days the price of bitcoin reached to 1150 USD and it was very much expected that it will soon cross is previous historical high level but unfortunately the  price decrease to 750 but after the bitcoin got a strong support and now trading above 900$, and still i am holding my bitcoin and still i have hope that very soon it will cross its all time high value and will create a new record.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:58:45 PM

i am planning to sell my bitcoin once it cross its all time high price and  that is the reason that i am hold hold it for last few months.

Ok, let's pretend that we've reached an all time high today, will you sell all your coins at once? If so, then I am sure you will regret having done so. If you just plan to cash out some profits, then it's of course different. If you sell all at once you'll definitely find yourself in a big disappointment when you see that the price keeps going up. That's why you only should cash out a certain percentage and not everything. If you cash out just a small percentage (could be 10-20%) then you'll be able to benefit even more if the price continues to go up. And if the price happens to go down, you'll benefit as well since you can buy back your coins at lower rates. That's how you make sure you can benefit from basically every market movement.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 04:56:40 PM

Ok, let's pretend that we've reached an all time high today, will you sell all your coins at once?

This is a different thing and of course I'm going to sell my coins probably some but still I am not going to sell them all.

It is always been better to have a back up fund or remaining bitcoins for future purposes because we might know that the price can go even higher.

But I'll grab this chance when it reaches ATH again.

Signature for rent
razoor (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 07:28:43 PM

Have you ever considered an idea that we won't need to sell it in the future?
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 09:01:30 PM

Emergency timing is good as at that time no one can stop to sell and provide money for that emergency but fro the other times i will say that t will be good if a person keep some price threshold for himself like if he keep that if the price reach to a certain level then he will sell then it is ok while keeping the time according to calendar is wrong and no one know that at which month the price will be high to earn us profit.

The bad thing about emergency timing is when the price is not good and you don't have choice because of your need, you'll sell at the price that you don't desire. I really did experience that for so many times and it always making me feel regret every time I'm going to sell but just like what I've said, I don't have choice but to sell.

A person who is full time into bitcoins and is the primary source of income then he will definitely sell his coins on regular basis as needs fiat to take of his living and basic stuffs and for the same reason he will prefer to sell some part of coins regularly but a person whose income is in fiat and earning bitcoins as an extra income will prefer to hold his coins for a long term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: