Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:31:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you plan to sell?  (Read 92501 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:49:28 AM

I don't plan to sell. Smiley

By July I should easily have mined above the amount of equipment and electric used since Nov 2013 when I started mining.

At the LEAST I'll have 100 BTC in a nice safety deposit box in virgin paper wallets.

Likely, 5 or 6 BTC more then 100 BTC.

Thus, call it 100 BTC profit from miners since 2013. All ROI'd.

Thus why sell Smiley Ride that puppy up or into the ground. I'd rather lose it all in a 'draw' (just hobby, time,labor) then sell some
now and watch BTC pump.

It is all about 'protecting my fragile ego' don't ya know!

ON THE OTHER HAND.......

Nothing to say I can't restart with a clean slate. Keeping those coin out of the next project and trying to do this again in some manner.
But likely that would have to be by trading and accumulating....not home mining anymore.

Main thing is the 100 btc over my costs...stands alone. No reason to sell any and have to climb the mountain again if BTC price pumps.

Then again?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:46:41 AM

Luckily ive sold parts of my whole bitcoin on the $1060 price and seeing on the price it went down recently going back to $940 seeing on the charts and now it tends to go back up again and on that time ive earned decent profits on selling some and now i bought it on possible lower price which is $930-940.

That's good for you but for me I don't have any plans as of now for selling my bitcoin. And I'll just wait for some more time.

Seeing the price of bitcoin being stable on $900 lane is already good for me so no matter what it grows higher or not.

It will depend on the situation on me if there are emergencies then I'll sell.
At this moment, we should be more focus in monitoring the price movement, we must set a certain range where we will have to sell our bitcoins when this price will continue to drop. For now, the price is still fine, it looks like it will start to rise again but no assurance on that.
Let's just hope that we will have the right timing so we will not lose whenever we sell, keep monitoring and trust yourself, that is the only way.

My preferred range of selling my bitcoins are kind of high. Because I believe that there's a time that the price will keep on increasing.

I'm inspired by those early investors and holders of bitcoin and I want that to happen to my life.

So as of now, I really don't have intention of selling.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:51:27 AM

I don't have a certain price to sell at. I'm going to sell my bitcoins when the price has increased a lot and then the price has started decreasing. At the moment when the price is starting to decrease significantly, that's when I would sell my coins. And then buy later when the price decreased have stopped.

It's not everyday or every week that you can do this strategy. I always end up selling at whichever price bitcoin is when I need money in real life. But since the price isn't moving that much today and I don't see any major future expenses, I'm not planning on selling any time soon.

Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:36:11 AM

I don't have a certain price to sell at. I'm going to sell my bitcoins when the price has increased a lot and then the price has started decreasing. At the moment when the price is starting to decrease significantly, that's when I would sell my coins. And then buy later when the price decreased have stopped.

It's not everyday or every week that you can do this strategy. I always end up selling at whichever price bitcoin is when I need money in real life. But since the price isn't moving that much today and I don't see any major future expenses, I'm not planning on selling any time soon.

Me too, I'm thinking now to do the same thing as you do. Because I can see a lot of people who are regretting to sell their bitcoins at assuming 'high' price already but now knowing the price will keep on increasing. And maybe the best thing to do for me is to wait for more updates and movement of the price and when I'm satisfied, I'll sell.

Holding them for some more time would be the right decision to make as price is moving in a positive direction and we can expect the same in coming months, but it also depends on what price you bought your bitcoins if you have bought at very low price in past then selling some of them at this stage would a good way to make some profits.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
phaddie

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:48:33 AM

Me too, I'm thinking now to do the same thing as you do. Because I can see a lot of people who are regretting to sell their bitcoins at assuming 'high' price already but now knowing the price will keep on increasing. And maybe the best thing to do for me is to wait for more updates and movement of the price and when I'm satisfied, I'll sell.

Holding them for some more time would be the right decision to make as price is moving in a positive direction and we can expect the same in coming months, but it also depends on what price you bought your bitcoins if you have bought at very low price in past then selling some of them at this stage would a good way to make some profits.

Only holding them without doing anything with bitcoins is the boring process and the worst way to treat your bitcoins, its better to try to grow them with trading instead of simply holding them and if price has reached to your expected level then there is nothing wrong in selling them.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:11:21 PM

If you are asking the perfect time to sell , then it would be when the prices of bitcoin will be less.
Now you might be wondering that o have written wrong , well no.
Once I was thinking over this thing and realised a fact.
When you sell your goods when the prices of bitcoin are less , then you might get more amount of bitcoins for your good.
Still it might be hard for some people.
Let me give you an example.
Now if you are selling an item for 1BTC and the current price of bitcoin = $1000.
Now if the prices of 1 bitcoin falls down to $1 ( just an example not possible in real life) then you will sell your item for 1000BTC
As your bases of trading will be USD and your good will be based on that currency.
Now you will have 1000BTC and if the price of bitcoin will rise again , you will become rich.
This is why I mentioned above that the best time is to sell when the prices of bitcoin is less.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:15:20 PM

What is your exit point? Where will you sell your coins? How much % of your stack will you sell?

So far I don't have any plan to sell it, for what I do strictly is I saved some bitcoin in my storage wallet, I really,really do believe by next year it will become 2000$ up to 4000$, Which is that if I'm going to base it to the amount I had now it will multiply by four, and if ever not happen I'll still hold it,.
it is impossible for bitcoin to increase up to $4000 in this year. The China seems not to support Bitcoin very much and some laws have directly affected Bitcoin in the bad ways. If the situation keeps going like this, I doubt that Bitcoin can even reach $2000.Let hope that the China is not crazy enough to promulgate some idiot laws and restriction in order to stop the people from investing their money in Bitcoin.

If this continues, you don't have to worry at all because Japan got your back. They hold the second highest amount of bitcoin and if the price goes down because of China, people all over the world are just going to take advantage and buy at that low price.

You don't have to worry about China because more and more people are becoming a bitcoin user and vast majority of that population is willing to buy at a lower price.

2017 is still young and we can't declare things like "Bitcoin can't reach $2000" or "It's impossible for bitcoin to reach $4000". Keep in mind that last year, the price of bitcoin has increased significantly right before the year ended.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:17:47 PM

Well, I'm waiting for the price reached $ 1,100 bitcoin, whether it anytime. but, while waiting for prices to rise to the height, I'm collecting as many bitcoin. because we waited useless bitcoin prices rose to the height, but we sell a little bitcoin.
revans

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 02:09:32 PM

Well, I'm waiting for the price reached $ 1,100 bitcoin, whether it anytime. but, while waiting for prices to rise to the height, I'm collecting as many bitcoin. because we waited useless bitcoin prices rose to the height, but we sell a little bitcoin.

I don't think it will take much time to touch the price of $1100 as it can be achieved in next few months but I will sell my coins only when it touches $1500 price as I think that would be the best price to sell bitcoins in order to make higher profits so until it doesn't reaches to that level I will hold my coins without any hesitation.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 02:40:27 PM

I don't think it will take much time to touch the price of $1100 as it can be achieved in next few months but I will sell my coins only when it touches $1500 price as I think that would be the best price to sell bitcoins in order to make higher profits so until it doesn't reaches to that level I will hold my coins without any hesitation.
People do really have different target price on bitcoin on which they would plan to sell them off their bitcoin which they hold for a long time and some people who are still short trading on just a movement on bitcoin and doesnt tend to wait for too long which is also a good way on how to make money.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
dhampir-D

Activity: 454

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 02:44:09 PM

It is probably something that can happen much sooner than some people think. It is not the first time this year that FUD has appeared on Bitcoin and the currency recovers, so I think the currency is oversold, and this can contribute to a more stable and stronger climb. But everything will depend on how the demand will keep in the market.
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:23:36 PM

I noticed that today's starting value is 998$ and now the value is turned to 1010$. I think 1000$ is base value for this year and during the april and Christmas time bitcoin value will bump to 1500$ to 1800$. then we could little bump also here and there.
Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:48:33 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 09:07:26 PM by Superzpay

yes the price of it is started to increase and it is not longer that the price of it will reach to $1100 . But that time will not be the good to sell because the price will boost up at one time and will earn us a bigger profit. I know that if we continued to hold for more longer than a day not not far away when the price of it will be at $1500 or more.
xorlogic

Activity: 181
Merit: 103

The future for all trade is decentralized safex.io

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 04:16:38 PM

I think that by price 2,000+ it will be FOMO time for the general public. It will be a price higher than gold ever reached. From there I believe that Bitcoin will reach 10,000$ and more.

Here was my analysis about Bitcoin over the summer.:
https://coinidol.com/experts-expect-exponential-growth-of-bitcoin-price/

The future for trade is private secure and decentralized https://safex.io
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:20:23 PM

yes the price of it is started to increase and it is not longer that the price of it will reach to $1100 . But that time will not be the good to sell because the price will boost up at one time and will earn us a bigger profit.

Yeah if price can touch $1100 in next few months then it can go even beyond that and it won't be smart move to sell coins at that price and in that case it would be much better to hold your coins till the end of the year as we have seen that price generally goes higher at the end of the year so that would be the best time to sell your bitcoins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Potato Chips

Activity: 2744
Merit: 893

yesssir! 🫡

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:11:38 PM

yes the price of it is started to increase and it is not longer that the price of it will reach to $1100 . But that time will not be the good to sell because the price will boost up at one time and will earn us a bigger profit.

Yeah if price can touch $1100 in next few months then it can go even beyond that and it won't be smart move to sell coins at that price and in that case it would be much better to hold your coins till the end of the year as we have seen that price generally goes higher at the end of the year so that would be the best time to sell your bitcoins.

You wouldn't know that until it happens. You should realize and know that bitcoin in its past years have made it to $1000 but it

did not stayed that long and the same situation is happening right now so it would be a 50-50 chance and this is a critical

situation for bitcoin because if bitcoin cant't pass $1000 all the positive predictions by people about it will be unlikely to happen.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:02:53 PM

What is your exit point? Where will you sell your coins? How much % of your stack will you sell?
Not now because I don't have yet any of it to save in my wallet. But I'm buying it little by little then I do trade, and a bit profit more of it goes in my savings anyway.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:58:52 PM

Right now I don't have any plan to sell my bitcoin, for what I do now is I'm buying bitcoin at the present time now. But I do some buying in the other coins in trading like NEM, WBB, USD, LTC, ETH, XMR, ICOBID, ect.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:55:33 PM

The matter is entirely subjective. Moreover, decision varies depending upon trading items.
Like, sometimes I loved to sell off items if they can make me profit of 2-3x within 1-2 months whereas I hold some items for more than 1 year if profit is stagnant. While sometimes items are in off mood  Cheesy so I prefer them to throw away even at some loss.
Overall, all depends upon patience and luck!

/]..JAMBLER.io../]Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
/our-partners.php]      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
/become-seller.php]   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:05:00 PM

I did told myself to sell my bitcoins when i hit 6 to 7 bitcoins, though when its price is really going up high and really crazy i dont know if i want to sell it or maybe just convert it and buy some things. Though i do really want to sell some.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: