Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:30:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Weak / Narrow Blockchain AI  (Read 5666 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 02:20:21 PM

Due to the brain melting business of AI and simulations, I take breaks and use the time to pursue other ideas and goals such as wallet mods and other items i find interesting.

How I understand! :-)
Even basic hashing algos can be brain melting, at times ;-)

nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 02:51:16 PM

I agree with you, sometimes when you hit a limit, you better go check something else, i use to find solutions while doing something else, totally different.
Even i have never coded an AI, i can imagine how diffuclt and tricky it can be, keep it up, i know you will finish it, but just a question, will this AI be carried in all the wellets ? or will it have a central brain ? will users be able to rename the AI ? or provide some modifications to it ?
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 07:28:13 PM

I agree with you, sometimes when you hit a limit, you better go check something else, i use to find solutions while doing something else, totally different.
Even i have never coded an AI, i can imagine how diffuclt and tricky it can be, keep it up, i know you will finish it, but just a question, will this AI be carried in all the wellets ? or will it have a central brain ? will users be able to rename the AI ? or provide some modifications to it ?

The Ai is meant to be decentralized, but to work within given rules. Each node acts like a neuron, broadcasting data to others over the network.  Yes, i think i will allow each Ai node to be named by the owner, however i will enforce versioning to prevent attempts at manipulation.

There are currently a couple of sticking points that i am trying to solve hence the delays in releasing an alpha version.

1) random forest decision trees (was using a crap implementation, decided to go pro) for individual nodes and better simulations
2) how to put together a decentralized neural net that can tolerate nodes coming and going ?

I am curious though, do users prefer PoW or PoS ? The code is capable of both or hybrid.

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:22:22 AM

The Ai is meant to be decentralized, but to work within given rules. Each node acts like a neuron, broadcasting data to others over the network.  Yes, i think i will allow each Ai node to be named by the owner, however i will enforce versioning to prevent attempts at manipulation.

There are currently a couple of sticking points that i am trying to solve hence the delays in releasing an alpha version.

1) random forest decision trees (was using a crap implementation, decided to go pro) for individual nodes and better simulations
2) how to put together a decentralized neural net that can tolerate nodes coming and going ?

I am curious though, do users prefer PoW or PoS ? The code is capable of both or hybrid.

I think that hybrid is the best solution: I've seen coins have sudden issues with PoW and the chain kept going because there was PoS; and I could imagine a similar, viceversa situation.

Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 06:04:17 PM

I think that hybrid is the best solution: I've seen coins have sudden issues with PoW and the chain kept going because there was PoS; and I could imagine a similar, viceversa situation.

I'll begin testing more once i complete the current set of changes i am working on.

QUICK UPDATE

I want to start by apologizing to users who were looking forward to the testing version. A lot of the initial ideas have changed greatly during the course of development to the point that i had to hold back everything else and start afresh. While it's bad news in terms of time, it's really super news in terms of what Oracle will evolve to become. I'll just briefly describe some of the major changes that i am currently proposing and developing and the rationale behind them :-

Addition of transaction comments

In the ideal future, Oracle will be used for payments across a wide range  of goods and services, I've added an optional field to transactions that users can attach information about transactions to over the network. Unlike the standard wallet only transaction comments found in most bitcoin clones, these comments are actually relayed between peers.

Use case

Say @usernameX proposes a new service or idea and asks for donations/holds an ICO. I could send coins to his address with additional information included such as my bitcointalk username.

Or if @usernameY is selling some items, i could send them payment with my name, goods required, quantities.  

Crypto Directory

This is an extension of the transaction comments. Users will be able to send each other encrypted messages over the network in transactions. You can only read encrypted messages of users in your local directory.

Users are identified by name and address and or both. This is not only limited to users. A service such as node hosting or mixing service could advertise themselves over the network and leverage the directory to be able to contact their customers without needing to know any of their personal info.

Native Assets on the Blockchain

I have been tinkering around with the chain while studying how it functions as well as concepts that were never fully explored vis a vis blockchain/network expansion and top level application layering. I find the concept of secure, mandatorily funded assets with real cost to be an achievement worth pursuing. I have seen quite a few coins tote the "assets" or "blochain 2.0" moniker, but fail to gain serious useage, this is due to many varying factors, but i have chosen to address the biggest (IMO) issues, which are value and utility. Rather than reliance on external services, web or otherwise, i am implementing native asset issurance, management and trading as a part of not only the network and blockchain, but as part of the reference client. The uses cases are more than i can write out here, but i'll just point out that rather than assets issued on a paltry amount of token, would you as a potential user/trader prefer real cost to them therefore ascribing a real minimum value for each asset unit you hold ?

More on this later....

Proof Of Stake Proposal

I'd really like your input on this as this is something that became an issue when an Ai instance choked while trying to determine PoS , PoW and Money Supply modifiers at a checkpoint. (Block day 48 me thinks)

What do you think is a good rate of PoS? Should we use coin age ? How much time should pass before a coin can gain stake ? should we have a minimum amount that can stake ?

Should we allow users to issue assets that gain stake , should we impose limits on this ?

Is negative proof of stake something you would object to as a means of supply control ?

User Interface Modifications

I am doing some major reworking of the UX and UI, mostly to accommodate the expanded scope of Oracle such as assets, internal exchange and  also to ensure a truly seamless cross platform environment.

i am still rather surprised but the rejection of the Ui i previewed, I really like the see through aspect, though the color may need changing. We will user response to the Ui i will preview soon.

Sundry and pet projects/ideas

Most of these you already know, i.e the custom address thing. A new one however came to the fore-front. If it gets enough support, and is truly feasible, our reference client will not only be cross platform, but also allow use of multiple blockchains and wallets from the one wallet. This is a major overhaul of the code and may take some time, but i already have a git branch with some of the basic changes already applied. The eventual idea is for a user to simply click a few checkboxes in settings, enter some variables and poof, any existing or new coin based on basic bitcoin code base will be accessible from the wallet. The initial version, if this goes ahead will host Oracle , Bitcoin and maybe LTC to showcase it's functionality.

More on this in the future

Branding

What to call the base token of Oracle ?

Open Source

I still have zero interest in making this open source.

Website and Mailing list

I will be setting up a new website for Oracle, testnet nodes and update the mailing list soon so we need not only communicate via this forum.

Oracle Ai Kernel

The kernel has seen some more update to it, however due to the massive changes in the blockchain structure, i have had to reset the blockchain's genesis block a few times this weekend, leading to the sample size of data being too small, so rather than a lone test, the next test will include some users , hopefully people who do not mind running the wallet 24/7 and mining with a single thread for the duration, so that the sample space becomes larger and we can evaluate the accuracy of classification and predictions made by the AI.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 05:18:14 PM

Hi all

Just finished my first round of testing the native assets. This allows far much more flexibility for the chain and creates more room more expansion. For example, I can set different PoS rate for each different Asset type. More to come....    Smiley

Equality vs Equity...
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:35:31 PM

I will write more comments as soon as I have some time, but I wanted to say something about the opensource thing now.
You can keep it closed, of course: it's your baby.
But people will not trust you. And you will get much less support and help from the community.
You could, eventually, keep some parts closed.

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 03:14:13 PM

I really like what you are doing with this. I hope you make a coin with all these features in mind.
aaronjobs

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:52:14 PM

nice work, i want to be a early tester

Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 11:36:08 PM

I will write more comments as soon as I have some time, but I wanted to say something about the opensource thing now.
You can keep it closed, of course: it's your baby.
But people will not trust you. And you will get much less support and help from the community.
You could, eventually, keep some parts closed.

There are pros and cons for either solutions, I will think on this and come up with a decision.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 11:49:14 PM

I really like what you are doing with this. I hope you make a coin with all these features in mind.

You will not be disappointed.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 04:54:48 PM

New Progress Update

So, the project has a new twist, which i think is something a lot of people have been asking for. This started out as a pet project, but has now become important and a necessity for Oracle.

Ever wanted to just have all your coins in one wallet? Not a web wallet that requires you to trust someone, as in a normal QT wallet that manages all your coins, mines and stakes if need be ? Well, if the coding gods grant me time, this will be a reality in the Oracle Client, this includes the mobile version. You hold your private keys and exercise full control over your funds, no middle-man no central server, full decentralized. This is just the debug log (complete code, wallet, database and GUI mods may take a while) but I am already knee deep in making this a reality.

Use Cases

Is it not just simpler to be able to manage all your coins in one client ? And.....

BONUS (Still Researching)

I am currently studying Cross-chain Atomic Swap and Implementing a decentralized exchange. This has become possible because the wallet will be able to use multiple chains and thus , why not leverage the new functionality and expand the project further.

i know some of you have been hoping to test what i have done so far , sorry guys. I'll have to make a auto-build env that can make nightly builds. If i automate the process, i won't feel like it takes away time from my coding sessions.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm. Also if you are good in c++, GUI and UX design or web development, i would really appreciate some help.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 05:00:21 PM

AI Update

The kernel has been lying idle a few days, this is because i have been so focused on developing the foundation of the overall system. Assets, variable properties of these assets,  introduction of new databases and now the new stuff will all tie into nicely with the AI. I decided to work on it at times to but prioritize everything else, so that when the alpha version is released, it will have most if not all the foundation basics, only requiring me to integrate the AI functions into each aspect.

Equality vs Equity...
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 05:44:24 PM

It all look very interesting. And geany is a cool editor, I use it all the time :-)

Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 10:37:21 PM

It all look very interesting. And geany is a cool editor, I use it all the time :-)

yeah, geany is pretty useful.

I hope to have at least one new chain syncing alongside Oracle by the end of the week. Once i get the hang of it, it will be easy to add any coin to the client.

Is it better to allow support for all coins, or to select specific ones ?

Equality vs Equity...
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 08:31:07 AM

It would be nice if the list of supported coins is stored on the main chain and grows as soon as (advanced) users add new chains and verify it's working.

Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 09:36:54 AM

It would be nice if the list of supported coins is stored on the main chain and grows as soon as (advanced) users add new chains and verify it's working.

You mean hosting other chains within the Oracle chain ? Interesting, i will look into it. The current implementation i am working on maintains separate chains, allowing users to transact, and/or mine/stake all supported coins within the one client.

Currently trying to support Bitcoin(sha256d), Litecoin(scrypt), Dash(X11). The complete proof of concept would have at least one of each type of algo, one of each type of PoS and maybe add support for Zcash.

It's a hell of a lot of code, and i believe in terms of lines of code, supporting all major bitcoin variations could potentially add upwards of 20000 lines. But it would be so awesome!!! I have always hated running multiple clients, so having one do it all is great!. Let alone no more fear of installing a virus laden, coin stealing untrusted client. Simply updating your one client brings with it all new coins. And best part, no need to trust a web service with your coins, you handle your own keys.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 08:04:35 PM

I'm about 10% into makingthe client handle multiple chains, however i have a question for potential users. Would you prefer it uses one wallet for all coins, or each coin should have it's own wallet file ?

Personally, i would go for one wallet, the coding will potentially be easier and cleaner. It also makes it easier for the user to keep a backup of all keys safe.

Would you prefer one wallet or multiple wallets ?

Equality vs Equity...
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:08:30 PM

I prefer one wallet. Single backup, less hassle.

nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 10:21:36 AM

I prefer one wallet. Single backup, less hassle.

Agree with Pallas, one single wallet with multiple coins is better then managing multiple wallets.
Will they all sync together ? i mean, lets say there are 4 chains in the wallet, if i open a specific one, will the others sync with the network or only one at once ?
Your project seems to be advancing well, i would be happy to provide you with any support you may need for the release.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: