Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:51:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I regret not being a employee of this company.  (Read 1981 times)
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:16:42 PM

There are better things a company can offer than BTC, since BTC can be bought easily from exchanges but it is nice of the manager to offer BTC bonus to his employees.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:40:31 PM

http://time.com/money/4607055/workers-holiday-bonuses/

Banking associates - $100 000 Christmas bonus
Surgeons - $60 000 Christmas bonus
Radiologists - $47 500 Christmas bonus
Investment-banking analysts - $45 000
Medical directors - $40 000

In terms of careers, energy and mining in general provided the most lucrative bonuses for all employees, averaging about $10,000. It was followed by hardware and networking, which gave workers about $9,000 in extra cash at the end of the year, and software and IT services, which gave about an $8,000 bump.

Spend less time here and invest more time advancing your career and eventually you will get there one day  Grin
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:49:26 PM

That's a pretty cool bonus format, even with a standard company bonus you could just buy a bitcoin but nice to know a company in the finance sector is doing things like this.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:50:36 PM

They not free coins.

The company was going to give them a cash bonus but then they probably decided that giving it as bitcoins is a cool idea. Of course it doesn't make it a bad act it just like giving euro's instead of dollars. Have they guessed that bitcoin will rise to 900$+ or not isn't important. What matters is that do the employees trust bitcoin? Looks like your friend trusted bitcoin and didn't cash out immediately after having one. Bingo.

Upon hearing the story, I will assumed that OP's friend only knows the idea of bitcoin not that much. Because he got it from the company bonus so cashing it out will takes more days in process since they didn't know where will it be exchanged. Since it was told to the OP, I will assumed again that OP makes some view pointing to the current price of bitcoin so he makes some advices not to cash it out.

By the way to the OP, how your friend received the bitcoin from the said firm?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:30:34 PM

This s a good incentive, atleast i do see those as incentive, and the company is taking a good step allowing their employers to know about crypto currencies, and in the future they can get a huge ammount instead those small bonus, since bitcoin potencial its huge.
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:59:16 PM

So on a nice Christmas party time, drinks on the house I and my friend were discussing about Bitcoin, he's from the finance field and he generally knows a lot, so I thought I would use my Bitcoin knowledge to surprise him, wish I had not done it lol, so when I told him to invest in Bitcoin, I thought he would ask what it is and he replied he has one free bitcoin already. You can imagine the look, one free bitcoin here collecting satoshi's we hardly reach to a Bitcoin and he already has one. It so happens that the firm where he works decided to give bonus and they decided to give one free bitcoin to the selected staff and they have promised to give more in future that's so cool. You get salary, plus a Bitcoin perks of a employee life....

That's a generous company, plus the company have a cool way to spread bitcoin around, giving away 1 btc is like give over $2k in the future and it's surprised come from finance sector, which means it's accept bitcoin or have a plan to adopt it?

Tell your friend to storing in safe wallet Wink
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:07:14 AM

They not free coins.

The company was going to give them a cash bonus but then they probably decided that giving it as bitcoins is a cool idea. Of course it doesn't make it a bad act it just like giving euro's instead of dollars. Have they guessed that bitcoin will rise to 900$+ or not isn't important. What matters is that do the employees trust bitcoin? Looks like your friend trusted bitcoin and didn't cash out immediately after having one. Bingo.

Upon hearing the story, I will assumed that OP's friend only knows the idea of bitcoin not that much. Because he got it from the company bonus so cashing it out will takes more days in process since they didn't know where will it be exchanged. Since it was told to the OP, I will assumed again that OP makes some view pointing to the current price of bitcoin so he makes some advices not to cash it out.

By the way to the OP, how your friend received the bitcoin from the said firm?

Well I have clearly written that as a bonus he received it and the firm has always been keen to give high rewards and around 100 were given as a trial. They have good knowledge of Bitcoin it's a finance company, they always keep update with the current revolutions for their clients and all. No I did not advice him, indeed he had told me two weeks back btc would cross 945 before year end and today it did. There's a good story of a frog living in a well thinking that's the only world, but sadly there is a outside world he did not see. You can't just rely on your thoughts, you need to be in the open to see what could be other aspects. 
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:37:06 AM

That was actually nice for the company to give the bonus in bitcoin. Aside from introducing the employee to btc, the employee already have the option to cash out or hold on to that coin. Had they received the bonus in fiat, it's possible they wouldn't have converted it.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:33:41 AM

So on a nice Christmas party time, drinks on the house I and my friend were discussing about Bitcoin, he's from the finance field and he generally knows a lot, so I thought I would use my Bitcoin knowledge to surprise him, wish I had not done it lol, so when I told him to invest in Bitcoin, I thought he would ask what it is and he replied he has one free bitcoin already. You can imagine the look, one free bitcoin here collecting satoshi's we hardly reach to a Bitcoin and he already has one. It so happens that the firm where he works decided to give bonus and they decided to give one free bitcoin to the selected staff and they have promised to give more in future that's so cool. You get salary, plus a Bitcoin perks of a employee life....

If would be great if more employers give a bitcoin bonus.

This will definitely help with bitcoin mass adoption and awareness.

He is a lucky guy...

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 11:41:32 AM

1. I think this is a fake troll story
2. It would be funny if that one bitcoin was worth than the whole company one day

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:16:13 PM

That's a generous company, plus the company have a cool way to spread bitcoin around, giving away 1 btc is like give over $2k in the future and it's surprised come from finance sector, which means it's accept bitcoin or have a plan to adopt it?

How can you say thats a generous company since the company just gave $950 as the bonus? Thats an usual thing and any one will get it if he deserves that. I will say the company is generous if they give 10BTC bonus to their employees.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Juggy777 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:36:36 PM

1. I think this is a fake troll story
2. It would be funny if that one bitcoin was worth than the whole company one day

Hmm troll? From which part sir? This is an actual event that's happened. And I am at bitcointalk.org not Facebook that people will believe anything, here each post is given lot of consideration and it's foolish and sucidial to post troll or spam posts here. If I were to make a troll trust me, it will be super good.

How can you say thats a generous company since the company just gave $950 as the bonus? Thats an usual thing and any one will get it if he deserves that. I will say the company is generous if they give 10BTC bonus to their employees.

Yes any company that gave around 100 employees a btc is generous according to me, this was just one of the bonus they get more as per their work. So isn't it generous and oh trust me the company value is huge more than one can even think of.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:40:42 PM

you mean a gift of bitcoin and working for bitcoin are not different?. The company can also decide to give him $1000 or £1000 by next year that doesn't reduced services or goods exchange for penny or cent. You have to view bitcoin as money if not we would always find it difficult to explain to those ignorant in it.
Juggy777 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:45:19 PM

you mean a gift of bitcoin and working for bitcoin are not different?. The company can also decide to give him $1000 or £1000 by next year that doesn't reduced services or goods exchange for penny or cent. You have to view bitcoin as money if not we would always find it difficult to explain to those ignorant in it.

The company gave them the option of having Fiat or a Bitcoin. And they see it as a currency only what else would you see Bitcoin as. All took Bitcoin only and they have made a smart move. Though yet not many companies do it. But it will be fun to see if this trend picks up. 2017 could be something more for all of us and the Bitcoin in particular let's hope for the best.
Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:47:14 PM

Wow1 In the case that not every worker in that firm is interested or know about bitcoin it would be sound as so so idea. Butyou said that it is some financial field firm then must be all workers know about bitcoin and know what future it may have and perspective. I would liketo my firm make me such bonuses.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:47:53 PM

Well your friend is lucky enough because hes employed to that particular company and you are right earning whole bitcoin is really hard and you would really need to do effort before you could able to own one.You should not regret and instead you should move on and focus on saving more bitcoin and you might surpass him even he has the advantage on earning bitcoin.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 02:08:43 PM

it's ridiculous that you've expected that he's not aware about bitcoin and you thought that he'd asking what's bitcoin when you talk about it with him Grin and well it's really great that there's a company which giving a bitcoin as a bonus for their employee . I haven't heard some thing like this but it's really great and it would be very great if many companies will do the same that they will give you a bonus either fiat or bitcoin .
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 02:34:12 PM

Wow, I understand how you feel because thats what I would even for me for the past few months in which I have been involved in Bitcoin, I have not even made a quarter of that and that is what someone is getting free, then I envy that firm and I actually will want to be in a place of such. However, it still depends on the country as well because over here the bonus will rather come in Fiat and not Btc because I am not sure any firm can take such step at this time.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 02:51:51 PM

Yes any company that gave around 100 employees a btc is generous according to me, this was just one of the bonus they get more as per their work. So isn't it generous and oh trust me the company value is huge more than one can even think of.
Imo, 1 btc is likely same amount with 1 month salary in rich countries or around 2 months salary in third world countries. So, if that 1 btc is his annual bonus, then that amount is not big imo, especially when you saying that company value is huge. I know your point is that company trying to introduce the bitcoin to its employees, but it doesnt mean the company is generous by doing that.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:06:20 PM

If my company offered me a bonus in bitcoin i'll be happy cause it's value obviously will increase from time to time. In other hand offering bitcoin as bounus for their costumers will cause more people know about it, i know i could purchase 1 bitcoin with my own money but it's awesome when you  received your salary plus bonus in bitcoin, but it's kinda impossible due to the company that i work for is not finance related i truly believe i am the only one who used bitcoin here.
So does he spend them or hold them?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: