Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:21:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e Accounts were hacked.  (Read 7351 times)
bradmurmz

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:30:59 PM

How much have you all lost?

we need to start a public demand for payback of lost funds. This is the worst customer support I've ever heard of in my life. This needs to go public and I'm working on a press release to put out to all major publications to warn people not to use btc-e

Please PM me your email or just post here publicly if you would like to be involved in this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
z12 (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:42:31 PM

Well i didn't lose much
Just 30 ltc. But it still means a lot to me, I feel scammed and it was not because of my own mistake. I'm lucky i have stashed the rest of my coins in a safe place. But i totally lots faith in crypto currencies  Sad
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:50:01 PM

Well i didn't lose much
Just 30 ltc. But it still means a lot to me, I feel scammed and it was not because of my own mistake. I'm lucky i have stashed the rest of my coins in a safe place. But i totally lots faith in crypto currencies  Sad

How is it possible to say something so silly?

If a thief robs your cash on the street, will you totally loose your faith in "money"?

TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:51:47 PM

I've been banned from chat for reporting that I cannot withdraw my LTC

FWIW, I have just withdrawn some LTC successfully.

z12 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:59:35 PM

Well i didn't lose much

If a thief robs your cash on the street, will you totally loose your faith in "money"?

No but if my money worths 1/3 of it's yesterday's price, i WILL lose faith in my money.
Specially if i see thieves stealing mine and others' moneys
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:05:33 PM

Well i didn't lose much

No but if my money worths 1/3 of it's yesterday's price, i WILL lose faith in my money.

Well, so it is very easy for the FED to eliminate any cryptocurrency: they just have to pump and dump it.

Stop thinking in terms of fiat money, cryptocurrencies are about freedom, just use them to buy goods and services and just invest them what you can afford to loose.

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:09:13 PM

Well i didn't lose much

And yet BTC is up over 500% since q1. Has your fiat EVER produced that kind of return? Has it EVER done anything but go down in value?
z12 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:15:10 PM

You are not helping.. I was not an early adapter like you were, i mined my btc from 0.01 btc daily and i didn't exactly have that kind of money to waste 30000$ on an asic, and i am so glad i didn't.
Most of it gone anyway, i'm just stuck with an electricity bill that's all
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:20:26 PM

You are not helping.. I was not an early adapter like you were, i mined my btc from 0.01 btc daily and i didn't exactly have that kind of money to waste 30000$ on an asic, and i am so glad i didn't.

You're still an early adopter, this is a game that will be played in the long run, Bitcoin is still a newborn and its economy is like a peanut... And what we were having was clearly a crazy speculative bubble in its purest form, which means that it's GREAT that it popped.

Don't be silly, is fiat which is not to be trusted. Just remember to make your investments wisely and do not invest what you cannot afford to loose.

kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:21:02 PM

Just tried logging into btc-e with the e-mail I used to register and it says my account does not exist.

z12 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:30:21 PM

You're still an early adopter, this is a game that will be played in the long run, Bitcoin is still a newborn and its economy is like a peanut... And what we were having was clearly a crazy speculative bubble in its purest form, which means that it's GREAT that it popped.

Don't be silly, is fiat which is not to be trusted. Just remember to make your investments wisely and do not invest what you cannot afford to loose.
I know what you are talking about, and i would have completely agreed with you if you said that to me yesterday
However, my electricity bill is due tomorrow and those 30 ltc which i was robbed off was exactly in my btc-e to pay for the bill. Instead btc-e screws up and not only i lose 30 of my coins but now i have to sell the rest of my coins cheap because i have to have electricity to live for the next month.
And i need to sell about all of my current coins (78.8 ltc) plus some of my own to afford the bill if the price don't go up. Well bad start for a newbie if you ask me.
TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:30:37 PM

Cool thanks for the update.. hopefully my missing coins will be somewhere..

However... I withdrew some BTC to Gox about an hour ago and nothing has shown at Gox yet.

May be a Gox problem though.

EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:46:06 PM

Official thread on Hacked BTC-e accounts started today

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173354.0

I was hacked for 8565 LTC. They didn't touch the 14 USD I had tho, what a relief  Angry
Please post there too.

alexh

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:51:22 PM

Sorry for all your losses. How are you dealing with something like that...?
bradmurmz

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 06:08:17 PM

Official thread on Hacked BTC-e accounts started today

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173354.0

I was hacked for 8565 LTC. They didn't touch the 14 USD I had tho, what a relief  Angry
Please post there too.

This is more in the same ballpark of what I lost ( 200BTC )

I'm putting together a press release, PM me if you want to get involved? I would love to go over some of the evidence with you...
TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:09:23 PM

Cool thanks for the update.. hopefully my missing coins will be somewhere..

However... I withdrew some BTC to Gox about an hour ago and nothing has shown at Gox yet.

May be a Gox problem though.

BTC finally arrived.

EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:33:05 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 08:40:22 PM by EvilLizardApparel

Sorry for all your losses. How are you dealing with something like that...?

Same way anyone else would deal with losing $45,000 (value at the time of theft) ...not well.
bradmurmz

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 09:55:34 PM

yeahh no well at all.
carpetbagger

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:00:41 AM

I have the can't login problem. Only had a small amount of litecoin at btc-e thankfully. Very sorry to hear about the large amounts at stake here.

Anger is justified, but if it helps, this is pretty standard behaviour for btce. Complete confusion, two word "support" messages, missing coins... Hopefully this plays out ok in the end. They covered everyone's missing coins in the other major breach, right? I try to be optimistic. Good luck everybody.

Keep clam & hodl on
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:07:26 AM

I know what you are talking about, and i would have completely agreed with you if you said that to me yesterday
However, my electricity bill is due tomorrow and those 30 ltc which i was robbed off was exactly in my btc-e to pay for the bill. Instead btc-e screws up and not only i lose 30 of my coins but now i have to sell the rest of my coins cheap because i have to have electricity to live for the next month.
And i need to sell about all of my current coins (78.8 ltc) plus some of my own to afford the bill if the price don't go up. Well bad start for a newbie if you ask me.
I hate to be that guy, but if youre banking your utilities on the value of ltc, then you are in serious need of some financial counseling bud.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: