Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash still a thing?  (Read 3488 times)
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 11:51:18 PM

FYI

https://www.dash.org/forum

Discussions:  7,132
Members:  6,191
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 12:03:02 AM

Dash is pure nonsense. Fraudulent coin distribution, bullshit marketed as novel technology, and incompetent leadership to top it off. There are a bunch of Dash shills who are still active here, but the community is in decline. Just look at how their subreddit can't even add 100 new followers a month.

Oh, and that masternode funding system they love to shill? Dysfunctional nonsense dressed up to appear "revolutionary". Just ask them how that vending machine is going. Or any of the other big projects that have been abject failures. Sad.

I agree with cryptohunter. Almost no one outside of Dash takes the project seriously. It's well known to be a scam, and they can't wash off that taint by changing their name to that of a laundry detergent.

As I predicted a year ago, the leaking of Dash's market cap into Monero's has accelerated.

That trend was obvious, since the Dash rebrand alienated loyal Darkcoin supporters like vertoe and all Dash's big projects have turned into dumpster fires.

XPOST:

Dash's "decentralized governance model" and "decentralized budget model" are proven liabilities, not assets.

The proof of that claim is the negative ROI and reputation damage done by Dash's many failed high-profile/high-budget resource allocations.

Rather than show the world how "distributed governance by blockchain" can work successfully, Dash repeatedly demonstrated the wrong way to do it.

Dash fails at basic tasks over and over again, because they become so convoluted and unaccountable.  It's like you Evan's Gate cargo cultists cannot learn from mistakes, because admitting fault would be "trolling" and "shilling for Monero."

Here in all its glory is

Dash's Litany Of Governance Failures

- aka -

2016 YEAR IN REVIEW

1) Legal work Part I - 1492 Dash - (Masternode rewards etc for IRS) https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-legal-sept.10457/
2) Legal work Part II - 1728 Dash - https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-legal-part-ii-oct.10786/

-So much money spent, and yet we still don't have a legal opinion on how Dash supposedly avoids the registration/regulation appropriate to an investment product like Masternodes (Howey Test) and the requirement to comply with Money Services Business licensing.

3) ATM Master Compliance Program Phase 1 - 748 Dash - https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-dash-atm-master-compliance-program-phase-i.10312/

-You DashHoles got scammed by your own community on this one.  They took the money and ran, and Scamassu says they've never heard of Dash.  Not to mention the very existence of Dash ATMs demonstrates Dash is not actually digital cash.

4) Marketing - Brand & Design - 350 Dash - https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-marketing-brand-design.11279/

-Another fiasco.  You idiots failed to account for changes in the Dash price, then reneged on your contract with the PR firm, thus demonstrating why nobody should ever expect a firm, enforceable arrangement with anything as flaky as "muh blockchain democracy."

5) Lamassu epic failure of a project - 7327 Dash - Multiple threads on forums, slack etc asking for updates and silence for months and months!

-This is my favorite.  Ira Miller scammed the hell out of you gullible cultists and it took you months to figure that out.  See what happens when you allocate resources without skin in the game?  That's right, you get mal-allocation as scammers show up in droves to eat the free lunches provided by Evan's monetary printing press.  I hope Daniel (Minotaur) and Ira are spending their free coins on beaches/booze/babes!

6) Proton Mail Integration - countless developer hours with many meetings and travel and nothing? Saying "we did our part" and its up to them it not good enough in my books. How are we being proactive etc.

-Yet another example of DashHoles prioritizing Hope & Dreams over solid, actually useful development.  If Proton saw an advantage to using Dash (which doesn't exist because BTC's privacy is better) they would add it without artificial incentives.

7) Mycelium Integration - ditto as above?

-LOL, That's Not Going To Happen.  Again DashHoles vainly try to force the invisible hand of the market by distorting the profit motive with out of band side channel bribes.

8. Soda Machine

-So much trouble and expense just for the sake of kissing MacAffee's ass for 5 minutes.  You incompetent buffoons could barely get the thing to work; the whole idea of a full node on every soda machine is beyond ridiculous and well into the real of self-parody.  The cherry on top was the cult losing a key supporter due to the rage quit engendered by working on this over-due, over-budget dumpster fire of a project.

9.  Dash Nation

-We are sick of the Dash Spam.  Enough duplicate posts.  Enough in-post advertising.  Do you guys know what they do to spammers in Russia?

Thats 11645++ Dash gone into thin air with NOTHING to show for it

WHO WAS RUNNING THESE PROJECTS, and why was there not even questions asked internally from the Dash core team??
Why did no one ever care to keep these projects on track or accountable?

Core team keeps trying to bite off more than it can chew.

FINISH a few projects to completion with high quality is better than having many sitting there unfinished with wasted money and no momentum.

Of course the DashHoles will ignore all of this and deflect by calling me a "troll."

But they can't do that to Stealth923, a Dash Foundation Member who is now calling BULLSHIT on Dash's scamming and thus on the brink of liquidating his Masternodes and rage quitting.

Quote from: Stealth923
As much as I hate saying this, I will be voting no against @babygiraffe and the core team proposals.

They keep asking for money but have zero responsibility and accountability to provide updates.

If there are no updates throughout January, I will start offloading my masternodes as continual behaviour like this will never result in a successful project.

@kot @babygiraffe many people have been asking for updates for months for projects you are running. Stop ignoring us.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 03:30:59 AM

Dash is pure nonsense. Fraudulent coin distribution, bullshit marketed as novel technology, and incompetent leadership to top it off. There are a bunch of Dash shills who are still active here, but the community is in decline. Just look at how their subreddit can't even add 100 new followers a month.

Oh, and that masternode funding system they love to shill? Dysfunctional nonsense dressed up to appear "revolutionary". Just ask them how that vending machine is going. Or any of the other big projects that have been abject failures. Sad.

I agree with cryptohunter. Almost no one outside of Dash takes the project seriously. It's well known to be a scam, and they can't wash off that taint by changing their name to that of a laundry detergent.

As I predicted a year ago, the leaking of Dash's market cap into Monero's has accelerated.

That trend was obvious, since the Dash rebrand alienated loyal Darkcoin supporters like vertoe and all Dash's big projects have turned into dumpster fires.

XPOST:

Dash's "decentralized governance model" and "decentralized budget model" are proven liabilities, not assets.

The proof of that claim is the negative ROI and reputation damage done by Dash's many failed high-profile/high-budget resource allocations.

Rather than show the world how "distributed governance by blockchain" can work successfully, Dash repeatedly demonstrated the wrong way to do it.

Dash fails at basic tasks over and over again, because they become so convoluted and unaccountable.  It's like you Evan's Gate cargo cultists cannot learn from mistakes, because admitting fault would be "trolling" and "shilling for Monero."

Here in all its glory is

Dash's Litany Of Governance Failures

- aka -

2016 YEAR IN REVIEW

1) Legal work Part I - 1492 Dash - (Masternode rewards etc for IRS) https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-legal-sept.10457/
2) Legal work Part II - 1728 Dash - https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-legal-part-ii-oct.10786/

-So much money spent, and yet we still don't have a legal opinion on how Dash supposedly avoids the registration/regulation appropriate to an investment product like Masternodes (Howey Test) and the requirement to comply with Money Services Business licensing.

3) ATM Master Compliance Program Phase 1 - 748 Dash - https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-dash-atm-master-compliance-program-phase-i.10312/

-You DashHoles got scammed by your own community on this one.  They took the money and ran, and Scamassu says they've never heard of Dash.  Not to mention the very existence of Dash ATMs demonstrates Dash is not actually digital cash.

4) Marketing - Brand & Design - 350 Dash - https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-marketing-brand-design.11279/

-Another fiasco.  You idiots failed to account for changes in the Dash price, then reneged on your contract with the PR firm, thus demonstrating why nobody should ever expect a firm, enforceable arrangement with anything as flaky as "muh blockchain democracy."

5) Lamassu epic failure of a project - 7327 Dash - Multiple threads on forums, slack etc asking for updates and silence for months and months!

-This is my favorite.  Ira Miller scammed the hell out of you gullible cultists and it took you months to figure that out.  See what happens when you allocate resources without skin in the game?  That's right, you get mal-allocation as scammers show up in droves to eat the free lunches provided by Evan's monetary printing press.  I hope Daniel (Minotaur) and Ira are spending their free coins on beaches/booze/babes!

6) Proton Mail Integration - countless developer hours with many meetings and travel and nothing? Saying "we did our part" and its up to them it not good enough in my books. How are we being proactive etc.

-Yet another example of DashHoles prioritizing Hope & Dreams over solid, actually useful development.  If Proton saw an advantage to using Dash (which doesn't exist because BTC's privacy is better) they would add it without artificial incentives.

7) Mycelium Integration - ditto as above?

-LOL, That's Not Going To Happen.  Again DashHoles vainly try to force the invisible hand of the market by distorting the profit motive with out of band side channel bribes.

8. Soda Machine

-So much trouble and expense just for the sake of kissing MacAffee's ass for 5 minutes.  You incompetent buffoons could barely get the thing to work; the whole idea of a full node on every soda machine is beyond ridiculous and well into the real of self-parody.  The cherry on top was the cult losing a key supporter due to the rage quit engendered by working on this over-due, over-budget dumpster fire of a project.

9.  Dash Nation

-We are sick of the Dash Spam.  Enough duplicate posts.  Enough in-post advertising.  Do you guys know what they do to spammers in Russia?

Thats 11645++ Dash gone into thin air with NOTHING to show for it

WHO WAS RUNNING THESE PROJECTS, and why was there not even questions asked internally from the Dash core team??
Why did no one ever care to keep these projects on track or accountable?

Core team keeps trying to bite off more than it can chew.

FINISH a few projects to completion with high quality is better than having many sitting there unfinished with wasted money and no momentum.

Of course the DashHoles will ignore all of this and deflect by calling me a "troll."

But they can't do that to Stealth923, a Dash Foundation Member who is now calling BULLSHIT on Dash's scamming and thus on the brink of liquidating his Masternodes and rage quitting.

As much as I hate saying this, I will be voting no against @babygiraffe and the core team proposals.

They keep asking for money but have zero responsibility and accountability to provide updates.

If there are no updates throughout January, I will start offloading my masternodes as continual behaviour like this will never result in a successful project.

@kot @babygiraffe many people have been asking for updates for months for projects you are running. Stop ignoring us.

Sure when I do it, I'm spamming, but when you do it it's called "XPOST"ing. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.  Wink

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 04:54:41 AM

Stealth923, a Dash Foundation Member who is now calling BULLSHIT on Dash's scamming and thus on the brink of liquidating his Masternodes and rage quitting.

Sure when I do it, I'm spamming, but when you do it it's called "XPOST"ing. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.  Wink

You put #DASHSPAM advertisements in the body of your posts, ignoring the instruction from theymos to put them in your sig.

You make duplicate posts in the main Dash thread and your spam archive echo chamber thread, which is also against the rules.

You receive monetary compensation from THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC. for making these attempts at astroturf (fake grassroots) marketing.

OTOH, my 100% on-topic crossposts represent ancient internet tradition and I am not paid by "Dash Nation" to make them.

Please spam less, listen more, and stop presuming to correct your elders/superiors.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1452

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:27:46 AM

Is dash still a thing? Worth investing? Any new tech to believe? Hype?

If you have been here at bitcointalk long enough you will realize and know that Dash is only a scam. There was a ninja premine in the beginning. That alone should tell you the real motive of the founder of this project.
Scam, scam, scam. You remind me of my favorite Allen Iverson video.

"We talkin' about practice. We talkin' about practice, man. Not the game, not the game, we talkin' about practice."

Just because you say something over and over again like a mantra doesn't make it true. Dash is far from a scam, it's a serious project with great technology and the capacity for great things, up to and including usurping Bitcoin's position. Just check out the Dash Nation Progress thread to realize the things Dash is up to.

Everything you just said is what a scammer would say or what a person who believes in the scam would also say. Do you really believe that Dash will become a real currency? Wake up and never forget the ninja premine. There is no excuse for what Evan has done.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:11:15 AM

Anyone that claims that Dash had a premine either

A : does not understand the definition of premine
B : use it anyways to spread FUD
C : both

Dash has never been been premined, this can be observed from its blockchain and by looking at coinmarketcap
(premined coins are indicated there also)

Anyways, thank you guys for confirming Dash is still a thing by so heavily commenting in this thread.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 07:37:04 AM

Stealth923, a Dash Foundation Member who is now calling BULLSHIT on Dash's scamming and thus on the brink of liquidating his Masternodes and rage quitting.

BS
I'm so glad that the influence of BCT posters is waning due to the many other venues out there to discuss Dash... the quality of posts here is going downhill fast.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 07:38:53 AM

If you have been here at bitcointalk long enough you will realize and know that Dash is only a scam. There was a ninja premine in the beginning. That alone should tell you the real motive of the founder of this project.

"We talkin' about practice. We talkin' about practice, man. Not the game, not the game, we talkin' about practice."

Just because you say something over and over again like a mantra doesn't make it true. Dash is far from a scam, it's a serious project with great technology and the capacity for great things, up to and including usurping Bitcoin's position. Just check out the Dash Nation Progress thread to realize the things Dash is up to.

Everything you just said is what a scammer would say or what a person who believes in the scam would also say. Do you really believe that Dash will become a real currency? Wake up and never forget the ninja premine. There is no excuse for what Evan has done.
Of course I do! Why wouldn't it? It has all of the properties of money, and all the properties of the internet. Its potential is limitless, and it's just getting started.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 07:49:05 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 09:26:12 AM by iCEBREAKER

I'm so glad that the influence of BCT posters is waning due to the many other venues out there to discuss Dash... the quality of posts here is going downhill fast.

Changing the subject to meta about "quality of posts" is a transparent attempt to discuss something other than Dash's Lamassu ATM integration fiasco.

Are you going to address the content of Stealth923's post, or just keep complaining about the forum on which we are posting?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1452

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:25:17 AM

Of course I do! Why wouldn't it? It has all of the properties of money, and all the properties of the internet. Its potential is limitless, and it's just getting started.

Ok then that is up to you. No one is trying to change how you think the same way no one should try to change on the way how I think about Dash. I think what Evan did with the ninja premine was scammy and greedy. I want to ask you, do you think the Dash ninja premine was a good thing to do? Please state why you think it was a good move.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:54:48 AM

I think what Evan did with the ninja premine was scammy and greedy.

LoL !

What a load of faux-ethic sanctimonious bs  Cheesy

We're talking about a crypto - one that was nothing more than a worthless experiment at that time. Whatever the background to its origins it eventually turned into a serious asset. That was thanks to its developer more than anyone, with endorsement from the market.

So please stop with the d.i.y. moralising and get real. It's one of the most valuable and investable projects out there now.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:19:19 AM

I think what Evan did with the ninja premine was scammy and greedy.

LoL !

What a load of faux-ethic sanctimonious bs  Cheesy

We're talking about a crypto - one that was nothing more than a worthless experiment at that time. Whatever the background to its origins it eventually turned into a serious asset. That was thanks to its developer more than anyone, with endorsement from the market.

So please stop with the d.i.y. moralising and get real. It's one of the most valuable and investable projects out there now.

It's a scam coin. Get over it and move on to better projects.

Ha ha "whatever the background"

Yeah that's the attitude.

"whatever the background"  yeah good one.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:24:03 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 10:35:19 AM by cryptohunter

Anyone that claims that Dash had a premine either

A : does not understand the definition of premine
B : use it anyways to spread FUD
C : both

Dash has never been been premined, this can be observed from its blockchain and by looking at coinmarketcap
(premined coins are indicated there also)

Anyways, thank you guys for confirming Dash is still a thing by so heavily commenting in this thread.

This guys is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

What is the big difference between a premine and a captive instamine??? not much

A premine = they mine before they announce the launch so there is no competition mining on the chain

A captive instamine - they announce it but have no windows wallet so windows miners can't compete on the chain. They also have 100's of amazon instances ready all fully set up to hit mine the second the announce it so they have overwhelming firepower to rape the chain with no competition. As proven by just one of the devs saying he pulled in 120 000 dash in a few hours. Imagine what Evans had aimed at it probably more than the 100 instances that internetape had.

Guess what het result is pretty much the same with the devs and insiders with their noses in the trough whilst the vast majority are held out on purpose. The captive instamine just gives them the bullshit excuse of a fair launch. It's a premine but just a dishonest way of doing one. Its saying to you it's fair and not a premine when it is just that.

This guy is a scam enabler and pumper. Jail him with Evans because Premines are illegal if not handled correctly. This is a premine with the pretense of a fair launch as they advertised it on the OP.

In fact I would give Evans more credit than these other dash whales, he knows that dash is forever going to be doomed compared to competing projects long term. They are trying to turn legit but you can never turn legit with a scamming past. So it going to eventually be reeled in by similar projects with no scam start hampering it forever.

Best thing do the 2 000 000 dash coin air drop he promised to the board to "balance it out"

Shall we start another air drop poll??? I mean Evans himself said he only called it off because he did not want to piss off dash whales to please a SMALL majority on this board. What if we can prove the VAST MAJORITY will welcome their share of a $20 000 000 dollar air drop? Any takers?

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:36:56 AM

WOW no way. Every other ALT that is remotely serious will claim the same thing. They are not 100% proven scams to start with.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:32:50 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 11:52:51 AM by toknormal

Get over it

There's no "it" to get over.

My priorities have already been endorsed - over a period of nearly 2 & a half years now. It's your argument that got trashed.

The "demise" you so often spoke of back then never came to pass. Development, community participation, mining participation, marketcap, media interest, you name it all grew and continue to do so. Not to mention the establishment of a 4000 strong, collateralised active node network valued at nearly $12000 a pop which are in ever increasing demand and short supply.

Look yourself in the mirror and that advice might be vaguely relevant  Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 12:06:33 PM

Get over it

My priorities have already been endorsed - over a period of nearly 2 & a half years now. It's your argument that got trashed.

The "demise" you so often spoke of back then never came to pass. Development, community participation, mining participation, marketcap, media interest, you name it all grew and continue to do so. Not to mention the establishment of a 4000 strong, collateralised active node network valued at nearly $12000 a pop which are in ever increasing demand and short supply.

Before you get too self-congratulatory, there are at least 19 coins that outperformed dash in 2016--most more than doubled dash's performance and moved up the marketcap ratings, not down.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1732516.0

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 12:21:05 PM

Before you get too self-congratulatory, there are at least 19 coins that outperformed dash in 2016--most more than doubled dash's performance and moved up the marketcap ratings, not down

Depends how you measure "performance".

I've often made the case that loads of coins surpassed Dash's cap in the past - including the likes of NEM, FCT etc.

The problem is they didn't sustain it because most are subject to speculative pumps. So ending the year on the price it's at is amazing performance for a 3 year old coin. (In fact just still "being around' is good performance).

Another good example is Monero. It got the a*ss pumped out of it recently, not because it was a great long term investment but because some opportunists saw major competition on the horizon and decided to use a couple of "news items" to launch a market feeding frenzy on its only significant exchange. Problem there is that the last of that "news feed" is about to run out in a few days and get sold off (which is why you're all here desperately fudding Dash as it's starting to rise again).

I'm sure XMR will be milked for all it's worth before then though and as much BTC fleeced from willing noobs as humanly poss. Parr for the course Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 12:25:34 PM

Before you get too self-congratulatory, there are at least 19 coins that outperformed dash in 2016--most more than doubled dash's performance and moved up the marketcap ratings, not down

Depends how you measure "performance".

I've often made the case that loads of coins surpassed Dash's cap in the past - including the likes of NEM, FCT etc.

The problem is they didn't sustain it because most are subject to speculative pumps. So ending the year on the price it's at is amazing performance for a 3 year old coin. (In fact just still "being around' is good performance).

Another good example is Monero. It got the a*ss pumped out of it recently, not because it was a great long term investment but because some opportunists saw major competition on the horizon and decided to use a couple of "news items" to launch a market feeding frenzy on its only significant exchange. Problem there is that the last of that "news feed" is about to run out in a few days and get sold off. O'm sure it will be milked for all it's worth before then though and as much BTC fleeced from willing noobs as humanly poss Wink

Quoted for posterity. Hope it goes right along with, "cryptography isn't a major part of cryptocurrency." (paraphrasing, feel free to add the direct quotation or attempt to downplay the comment with a bunch of hand-wavy rationalizations).

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 12:52:01 PM

Get over it

My argument?Huh?? do you mean the presentation of factual events proving it is a scam?? Please explain MY PERSONAL argument you mention? I believe you mean the presentation of the observable events that took place right? this has been trashed really?Huh? tell me more.

Personal opinions mean little here yours or mine. I am happy to discuss only the facts if you don't want to accept that such a known scam can never gain the acceptance something of equal use without the scam start holding it back.  

Wow the ponzi is still running?? this is your rebuttal to my facts that it started and remains a scam coin??

Try again. Dash was ahead of its time in some way technically, it is no longer and the scam nature of Dash is always going to be there unless he does something about it. This is my opinion but if you believe otherwise that is your call.

Besides many investments I have taken since 2014 have increased about 10 x more than dirty dash which is propped up by a big ponzi scheme of insiders and devs.

Let's stick to the facts about the captive instamine on a huge scale and the slashing of the minting and the bolstering of their unfair advantage through the ponzi master nodes scheme.

There is no point in trying to sidetrack with your blathering about dashs great accomplishments over the last 2 years. Let's talk about now they are no longer the top anon coin and many others are catching up too. So dash has floated along and is now starting to get overtaken this will continue in the future because there are better teams that will not be continually facing these scam proof threads every time they try to announce some gimmick they dreamed up.

They took the wrong direction trying to go legit. You can't start with that degree of dirt and decide to go clean. It will never wash.

Dash was the only real anon game in town back when it started. There are many better projects now and none of those are considered a scam by anyone not a dasher. Dash is a proven scam. Please realise this and cash  your masternodes into something with a future. Holding a lot of dash masternodes is playing with fire for small returns in crypto context.

Amanda BJ is another one I need to get on this board and grill as to her motives and understanding of the scam instamine start. How much is this shill paid to pump people with gimmicks and dreams yet forgets to tell everyone how it is a huge scam? another one I would love to see doing some hard time for facilitating scams.

I would prefer to see more of TAO with his dash credibility destroying vids, this guy need immunity from jail when the time comes he is being taken for a ride. Poor guy. It's terrible to imagine a bunch of vulnerable people like this pushing this scam along. Besides unknowingly he is doing more damage to dash so that should be taken into account when he is located and apprehended

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:33:13 PM

Fresh from the press you lucky bastards  Grin

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/12-1-announcement-finalized-date-project-update.12614/#post-110534

Happy New Year!

It’s been awhile since I’ve done a full announcement about the status of development, both of the core project and Evolution. We have had a lot of positive news in recent months that we’ve been working on, and I thought now would be a good time to update everybody on our progress, which has been quite good. In fact, we are progressing on many fronts simultaneously.

VERSION TWELVE POINT ONE / SENTINEL RELEASE

Launching a new software release on the network requires that all budget proposals be re-submitted into the system. Due to the timing of superblocks, we have a short window to launch, near the beginning of the month. In order to ensure we launch the most stable possible version of the software without interfering with the budget system, we would like to hold off until early February to launch 12.1. Launch date: February 5th, 2017.

CORE DEVELOPMENT

The first area of progress is Dash Core. In addition to running the network at present, Dash Core also serves as the backbone of the Evolution engine. We have done a great deal of work on Sentinel, our large-scale decentralized programmable database solution, which is going to allow us to move radically faster than any other organization in cryptocurrency. Among other things, Sentinel will allow us to push updates to Dash Core much more quickly and easily.

Sentinel can also be re-geared and deployed to operate digital companies that have a built-in workforce, infrastructure to deploy again, and as an engine for storage and retrieval of information. This is the concept we’re working on, which will allow companies to run on the Dash Network and compete with centralized companies that refuse to work with Dash. It’s a simple divide and conquest model.

We have recently moved a good deal of our funding into paying some new hires, who have now integrated into our team and have pushed through many new versions of the software. Among other things, they have fixed various issues with the stability of the daemon, the syncing of governance objects, and the workability of the new Sentinel system. Sentinel uses a complex set of rules and conditions for validation of objects and maintaining the consensus of the network.

STRATEGIC EXECUTION

Ryan Taylor, Dash’s CFO, has coordinated a deal with Arizona State University’s SkySong incubator, allowing us access to their top tier facility in Tempe, Arizona. There are 29 fast-growing, innovative startups sharing this location, and we look forward to talking with many of them. We also look forward to hiring exceptional talent from the University.

NETWORK UPGRADE

Feb. 5 is the date of the launch of our new platform. Enforcement will be turned off for this network upgrade, meaning nodes running the old version of the Dash software (12.0) will quickly stop being paid (contingent on miners upgrading). That means masternode rewards will be shared amongst a much smaller pool of upgraded nodes. This should provide a strong incentive to upgrade quickly; it will be very lucrative to upgrade your nodes as quickly as possible.

EVOLUTION UPDATE

Lead evolution developer Andy Freer has been locked away producing huge amounts of documentation for the various concepts of Evolution. This comes after months of conversations between Andy and myself about how each component of Evolution works, then reimagining it and improving the components and designs systematically. Since the original research phase, documentation, specifications, plans and diagrams have been being drafted, growing into a collection of documents that will be put into a wiki with full documentation for Evolution’s end-to-end design and implementation.

EVOLUTION RESEARCH

In January 2016 we released an early Evolution prototype based on Electrum which enabled basic functions such as registering a username and paying friends by name.

The prototype was pretty basic, with user interaction limited to just paying a few friends and user data stored on a dev server, but at least it proved the concept.

What we set out to do then was to design and prototype all the key technologies that would make these functions work in a purely P2P way, with data secured on the Dash blockchain and accessible from anywhere on any device, with integrated SPV based security and no centralized intermediary services required, and using the most common and censorship resistant protocol available - HTTP(S)

What we have designed and prototyped in various parts is a system that will let people signup to Dash, connect with friends, connect with merchants and buy products and services online with options to refund or pay recurring subscriptions, using just a web browser, without going through any intermediary service or having to integrate their own full node. It’s also a system that lets websites and apps become Dash enabled as easily as signing up for an API key and then cut and pasting a few lines of code into their business application that pops up a payment form and bills the user automatically, with all customers and payments visible to the merchant in DashDrive.

What this enables is the first usable digital cash built for the digital economy, because rather than having to integrate an esoteric P2P system into existing digital applications and services using complex infrastructure and interoperation or a centralized intermediary, Dash Evolution can be accessed by an HTTPS API that works more like a decentralized cloud, using familiar data structures such as Users, Accounts and Orders instead of transactions, blocks and crypto addresses, secures user information like a cloud service, but behind the API functions as a purely P2p, decentralized service. We believe this will be the key to gaining mainstream traction for users and businesses on P2P cryptocurrencies, i.e. they won’t even know it’s a P2P cryptocurrency they are using, because it’s as quick, familiar and easy to use / integrate as any existing payment systems used in the mainstream digital economy, all of which are API service based.

EVOLUTION FRONTEND

The 3 main areas of frontend design and development have been to design a secure, SPV based Web Wallet, merchant tools to enable drag-and-drop checkout on a website, and an SDK that connects web clients to DAPI.

The Web Wallet has taken the form of an SPA (single page application) that web users can download as a single HTML page and hashcheck to use securely from their desktop, that enables users to login and manage their accounts, contacts and merchant relationships, including an integrated marketplace for products and services. Users hold their account password and account HD seed on the client side, and on the network side, all of their account meta data is encrypted and stored on the network. After designing the UI / UX in July, ongoing work has been to develop the web wallet platform and soon work is starting to port the work to Android and iOS Evolution wallets. A revamped Dash.org is also being designed (following from the upcoming launch of dash.org v2) to provide a signup to Evolution call-to-action on the homepage and a download or hosted link to the Web Wallet code (and mobile versions).

The merchant tools have taken the form of code that can be cut and pasted into their web page and server to instantly enable Dash payments by user’s name against products the merchant is listing, including a Dash Checkout modal that can handle the payment automatically on the client side. The merchant can also list the products directly in DashDrive to enable Users to make one-time payments, moderated refunds or recurring auto-payments within any DAPI enabled client (such as the Web Wallet) and access full CRM information for their sales / product listings in DashDrive via DAPI.

The SDK (Dash.js) is a single library that web clients and servers include to easily access all wallet and merchant functions using their user accounts or API keys for merchants. This has been based initially on BitPay’s BitCore API and ongoing work has included a variable SPV implementation for the library which enables clients to specify the level of security they wish to balance this between performance and amount of data that needs to be downloaded.

EVOLUTION BACKEND

Evolution Backend Development has leveraged two strategies this year. The first has been to port BitPay’s Bitcore Platform to Dash including merging Bitcore Node to DashCore 12.1 for native API support.

The second ongoing strategy is to leverage this platform to fulfill long-term Evolution requirements while filling more immediate needs. Through this approach we’re now positioned to leverage the entire BitPay ecosystem, most notably Copay (https://copay.io) and the new Insight API. We anticipate having a Dash variant of the Copay wallet available on testnet by the end of January 2017.

In support of the v0.12.1.x Dash Core release, we’ve integrated the Governance Object model into the Bitcore platform (e.g. Budget Proposals). This integration has led to the development of a client-side budget generator as well as an extension of Insight API which returns active budget proposal objects. Moving forward this type of close integration between Bitcore and the Governance Object system will be a huge asset and a foundational piece for continued innovation in v0.12.2.x and beyond.

Work has also included with ProtonMail and Sean Ryan (Node40.com) has also delivered a Payment Processing API which is capable of connecting directly to the Bitcore Wallet Service. A compatible WooCommerce plugin has been developed and is intended to act as both a Proof of Concept for this API as well as a Prototype for future eCommerce integrations. More information on this plugin and related API will be released in early January 2017.

EVOLUTION CORE

Evolution Core work has been focused on first providing a basis to the new system in the form of Sentinel and improving DashCore to be implementation-agnostic to governance functions and objects.

Additional work has been the design / prototype of several key technologies needed at the core level, ranging from the RPC/ZMQ interface to DAPI, a generic Object system governed by a shared Schema protocol that enables Users to secure Object state transitions on the Dash Blockchain and store Object Data sharded across Masternodes (DashDrive). This work has also included upgrading the existing Masternode design to retain proposals, votes, and rewards in DashDrive to provide blockchain consensus. After 12.1 release, work will focus on implementing these designs in conjunction with the frontend and backend work.

Thanks to everyone involved!

Evan Eduffield

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: