Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ORO] OroCoin ■ Join TeamORO! ■ C-Cex | NOVA | Cryptopia | CoinExchange  (Read 29223 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:44:14 AM

<the following is not a diss of this project, but ... >

I think I figured it out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31536 How close am I? He and camosoul live very close to one another (Live Oak, FL, area).

<all times depicted by me are PST; subtract 3 hours for EST>

camosoul deleted the following mere hours prior to the domain orocoin.co being created:

OP by camosoul saved here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703373.msg17087782#msg17087782

BITCOIN DESERVES IT'S OWN TLD

DotBTC.co intends to create the .BTC TLD and make it available for anyone to use for any bitcoin-related website or any company accepting bitcoin for its products or services.

Unfortunately, the hard costs associated with registering a new TLD are approximately $500,000 USD, plus additional costs required to maintain and manage the TLD and operate as a registry.

camosoul posted only once between the time he deleted the above and his first appearance in this thread:

Are you guys still doing the Christmas offer?

OroCoinCS' first post was the OP of this thread on January 02, 2017, 05:06:41 PM
camosoul penned the second reply (third post) on January 02, 2017, 05:21:20 PM

This looks super interesting!

I'm a miner and would love to get involved ASAP. PM me if you want to discuss, OP.

I can also help a bit with testing, development, and marketing if needed.

OroCoinCS replies on January 02, 2017, 05:33:20 PM

This looks super interesting!

I'm a miner and would love to get involved ASAP. PM me if you want to discuss, OP.

I can also help a bit with testing, development, and marketing if needed.

We'd love to have you involved. Will PM now!

camosoul replies on January 02, 2017, 06:11:16 PM:

Good talking to you, OP. I'm all in as well!

camosoul starts thread for OroCoin's sig and avatar campaign on January 03, 2017, 10:34:04 PM: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1738572.0
camosoul starts thread for OroCoin's Twitter campaign on January 03, 2017, 01:31:34 PM: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1738159.0

<again, not a diss, but it is what it is; OroCoinCS is on record in stating that he lives near camosoul, hence welcoming his services>
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OroCoinCS (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 02:17:37 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 02:35:20 AM by OroCoinCS

<again, not a diss, but it is what it is; OroCoinCS is on record in stating that he lives near camosoul, hence welcoming his services>

Haha no, but nice detective work. Camosoul was one of the first people to comment in this thread and he reached out to me so we starting talking and he volunteered to do some of the promotion campaigns, since he has a a hero account and ours is a mere newbie account (in other words, he can embed images and and fly a sig, but we can't). He offered to do it for free, so long as we keep him in mind if we need help or new team members in the future.

Prior to this thread, I'd never talked to him before in my life, but he mentioned some of his own experiences trying to get projects off the ground, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to utilize the help he offered.

He just seemed helpful and sincere, and I appreciated that (and still do!). I wouldn't trust him with any BTC of ours or anything (no offense camosoul), I don't know him that well, but when someone volunteers to help, it's worth a shot. He was one of a couple different people who volunteered to help, and I can't thank those people enough, by the way.

Oh and by "near me", I meant on a bit larger scale. Not like we found out we were next door neighbors or anything.

If you're trying to figure out what my old account (prior to OroCoin) is, I don't even think I could figure it out. I haven't signed in to it in ages and don't even remember where I saved the username and password. Over the last year or two I mostly just read the forums, didn't post much, if at all. I was active a few years back, but it's been quite a while. A couple of our other team members have been more active than I over the more recent years, but it's up to them if they want to reveal themselves or not. It's not my place to do so.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ OROCOIN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"The new 'gold standard' of cryptocurrency."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Our TwitterOur WebsiteOur ANN Thread Our SlackTrade ORO on C-Cex ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:56:49 AM

Haha no, but nice detective work. Camosoul was one of the first people to comment in this thread and he reached out to me so we starting talking and he volunteered to do some of the promotion campaigns, since he has a a hero account and ours is a mere newbie account (in other words, he can embed images and and fly a sig, but we can't). He offered to do it for free, so long as we keep him in mind if we need help or new team members in the future.

Prior to this thread, I'd never talked to him before in my life, but he mentioned some of his own experiences trying to get projects off the ground, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to utilize the help he offered.

He just seemed helpful and sincere, and I appreciated that (and still do!). I wouldn't trust him with any BTC of ours or anything (no offense camosoul), I don't know him that well, but when someone volunteers to help, it's worth a shot. He was one of a couple different people who volunteered to help, and I can't thank those people enough, by the way.

Oh and by "near me", I meant on a bit larger scale. Not like we found out we were next door neighbors or anything.

If you're trying to figure out what my old account (prior to OroCoin) is, I don't even think I could figure it out. I haven't signed in to it in ages and don't even remember where I saved the username and password. Over the last year or two I mostly just read the forums, didn't post much, if at all. I was active a few years back, but it's been quite a while. A couple of our other team members have been more active than I over the more recent years, but it's up to them if they want to reveal themselves or not. It's not my place to do so.

I'll accept the above, bud. As for camosoul, personally I would have no prob trusting him with my BTC given I have his dox and the dude's clean, at least according to the wew.
Jewelettes

Activity: 581
Merit: 254

I am simply ME.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 08:08:37 AM

Thecryptochat community is watching this coin. Good luck on the development. Our expectations are high.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
▬    Announcement    ▬
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

Thecryptochat community is watching this [Suspicious link removed]d luck on the development. Our expectations are high.

Thanks Jewelettes! We appreciate the support.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Our TwitterOur WebsiteOur ANN Thread Our SlackTrade ORO on C-Cex ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 07:16:08 PM

all coin are bitcoin clone......so eth, doge and so are all scam?

haven't you learnt already that 99.99% of coins are scams?

It's all about increasing your BTC stack.......

ICOs are fucking scams as well....

Roll Eyes

Despite the dev jumped in and out here, it is a shitcoin by many facts:
- launched by a newbie - trying to hide his identity for a quick money grab and then disappear
- ICO with no credibility
- coin has nothing new, so many shitcoins "pegged to gold", a typical scam.

Dev, jumping in and out does not help, show us:
- what is your credibility?
- what new things you did for this coin, list them in details (not high level blah blah)?

Do you think people out there are so stupid and will "invest" in your shitcoin? unless you put some facts there, it will be no way!
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 07:39:02 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 07:52:45 PM by OroCoinCS

- launched by a newbie - trying to hide his identity for a quick money grab and then disappear

- what new things you did for this coin, list them in details (not high level blah blah)?

Do you think people out there are so stupid and will "invest" in your shitcoin? unless you put some facts there, it will be no way!

Stop shitting on our thread. We've already responded to this once before.

If you don't like our project, don't get involved, but stop coming in here with the sole purpose of shitting all over the place and making baseless accusations.

LOL @ "nothing new" - Makes it clear you didn't even read the info.

dfox101

Activity: 551

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:14:21 PM

Stop shitting on our thread. We've already responded to this once before.

If you don't like our project, don't get involved, but stop coming in here with the sole purpose of shitting all over the place and making baseless accusations.

LOL @ "nothing new" - Makes it clear you didn't even read the info.

Better letting people know what it is under the cover, than to cheat some ignorant "investors". Let people know the truth is not a bad thing.

It is an epidemy for newbies to launch coins and do ICOs...
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 08:18:06 PM

Better letting people know what it is under the cover, than to cheat some ignorant "investors". Let people know the truth is not a bad thing.

It is an epidemy for newbies to launch coins and do ICOs...

Well that's the whole point of releasing the source code, which is SOP for most coin projects.

No one here is cheating anyone.

It's ok to decide you don't want to be involved in a project, but to make baseless accusations makes you the ignorant one, not the investors. Stating something as fact when you have no evidence of it is just bad form.

Best of luck to you though!

millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:59:32 PM

I hope this coin will be famous and success, I am sure that the developer only want to make better of eco friendly algorithm and other good thing. Coin users need the developer that keep moving forward to make the better thing like lower energy usage or faster transaction.
SourThunder

Activity: 196

:)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:27:27 PM

I hope this coin will be famous and success, I am sure that the developer only want to make better of eco friendly algorithm and other good thing. Coin users need the developer that keep moving forward to make the better thing like lower energy usage or faster transaction.

Let's see how he pulls his strings. DBIC(Dubai Coin) almost had similar ideas and is struggling to exist. However, I'd say this coin has seeked a lot of attention. All it needs is investors and a good starting balance will give it a good boost. I am waiting to see this coin in Yobit or other exchanges soon enough.

" The first cryptocurrency with block rewards creatively and uniquely pegged to the rice of gold. "
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Visit Our TwitterWebsiteANN Thread & SLACK ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:25:24 PM

As with any currency, the value will ultimately be dictated by supply and demand in the various exchanges and markets, and the associated trading activity, but we hope the value of gold and the effect it has on the block reward will be an added influence working to maintain value. Theoretically, the relationship between the price of gold and the block reward of OroCoin should, at least to an extent, result in an inverse correlation with the value of existing OroCoins on the market, and a direct correlation with the value of mining OroCoin. These two effects, along with the "fair market value" effect, should balance each other out nicely to insure a bottom line value, but also allow the market volatility to dictate the day to day price.

Our code will be open source and will be made public likely in the next week or so on Github. We will include a link to it on our website as well as the initial post in this thread when we release it.

well i'm not convinced that the price of Gold will have any serious impact on the price of OroCoin.

a guick glance at gold over the last year suggest the price has gone between between about $1100 and $1350.
that would give the block reward a variability of 11 - 13.5,
with 5 minute blocks and 12 coin reward, that would add 3,456 coins/day, or 24,192 coins/week

compare that to the ICO possible distribution of 2.5 million,

also, when you look at the ICO "rules"
let's guess that you receive 12 btc in total, divide that equally over the the three phases of the ICO, and that might equate to a total of 18,000 ORO
leaving 2.488 million coins in the dev fund.

what are your plans for the remaining funds after ICO?
will they be locked away for a while?

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:38:29 PM

As with any currency, the value will ultimately be dictated by supply and demand in the various exchanges and markets, and the associated trading activity, but we hope the value of gold and the effect it has on the block reward will be an added influence working to maintain value. Theoretically, the relationship between the price of gold and the block reward of OroCoin should, at least to an extent, result in an inverse correlation with the value of existing OroCoins on the market, and a direct correlation with the value of mining OroCoin. These two effects, along with the "fair market value" effect, should balance each other out nicely to insure a bottom line value, but also allow the market volatility to dictate the day to day price.

Our code will be open source and will be made public likely in the next week or so on Github. We will include a link to it on our website as well as the initial post in this thread when we release it.

well i'm not convinced that the price of Gold will have any serious impact on the price of OroCoin.

a guick glance at gold over the last year suggest the price has gone between between about $1100 and $1350.
that would give the block reward a variability of 11 - 13.5,
with 5 minute blocks and 12 coin reward, that would add 3,456 coins/day, or 24,192 coins/week

compare that to the ICO possible distribution of 2.5 million,

also, when you look at the ICO "rules"
let's guess that you receive 12 btc in total, divide that equally over the the three phases of the ICO, and that might equate to a total of 18,000 ORO
leaving 2.488 million coins in the dev fund.

what are your plans for the remaining funds after ICO?
will they be locked away for a while?

Well that's kinda the whole point. We don't want gold to have too much of an impact on the price. We just want it to influence a creative and variable block reward method.

Any unsold ICO coins will be held by the devs for future fundraising for additional features, marketing, etc. They will not be dumped on the market post-ICO.

bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:16:54 PM

You have paid the twitter participants faithfully. With it many people will have started to trust on the team of orocoin. I also believe on you and one friendly advice is that you launch the ICO on escrow so that the ICO boost up.
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:16:39 AM

Well that's kinda the whole point. We don't want gold to have too much of an impact on the price. We just want it to influence a creative and variable block reward method.

Any unsold ICO coins will be held by the devs for future fundraising for additional features, marketing, etc. They will not be dumped on the market post-ICO.

i'm interested to see how it pans out, looking forward to see how you manage the pegging.
good luck

ps
if you need a mac wallet let me know Cheesy

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 06:23:45 AM

You have paid the twitter participants faithfully. With it many people will have started to trust on the team of orocoin. I also believe on you and one friendly advice is that you launch the ICO on escrow so that the ICO boost up.

Thank you for the kind words and support. Much appreciated! We will be announcing a trusted escrow for the ICO very shortly!

i'm interested to see how it pans out, looking forward to see how you manage the pegging.
good luck

ps
if you need a mac wallet let me know Cheesy

Thank you!

blackice2013

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:36:41 AM

Hi!

No sources yet?  Huh Huh
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 06:41:28 AM

Hi!

No sources yet?  Huh Huh

It's coming, I promise! We're just making sure everything is 100% ready to go. We don't want to release anything prematurely. Hopefully we will be ready within the next day or so. Stay tuned!! Smiley

Mbah Slamet

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:43:30 AM

Yes of course, I think instead of just waiting in the exchanger, let us investment. I'm optimistic if this coin could be accepted many communities. That makes me optimistic and trust is the OroCoin slogan of which is "The first cryptocurrency with the block reward uniquely pegged to the price of gold." This slogan certainly gone through a long consideration and their vision.
JANGKRIK BOSS

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:47:11 AM

If any users that doubt with your project, please don't blame. According the previously experiences, without escrow services are very prone to money on take it away. The best way I suggest you use an escrow. With escrow, certainly there is no doubt from investors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: