Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet Claims - Who can access? / Who gets 404 error?  (Read 3619 times)
pyedpyper (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:07:27 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 12:52:22 AM by pyedpyper

Okay I got it now. You can't use your bookmarks. You need to go to the instawallet.org and paste /w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to the url.

pyedpyper have you tried it this way?

I have finally got it to work!

Boussac this may be useful for you to know:

1. Accessing via bookmark does not work.
2. Cutting and pasting the full URL from a document does not work.
3. Accessing Instawallet.org and then APPENDING /w/xxxxxxxxxxx does work.

I do not understand why this should make any difference, but it does.

This will be good for others to know.

So the reclaim process worked for you if you did:

1. Go to instawallet.org in browser <enter>
2. Copy /w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from whenever and pasting it in after instawallet.org in the adress line of browser, then <enter>

?

In that case, the procedure for how to do it should be described in minute details on their web page. Perhaps they are not criminals after all, but surely they're arrogant persons with lack of respect for their customers. If a business were to ignore all customers with a complaint, they surely would not have much customers after a while...

I think any way of accessing the url should be accepted, but I do think there should be added a captcha system of sorts to prevent any automated scripts to try try to reclaim wallets.

Yes, that is the only way it works - pasting after instawallet.org

And they should definitely state this on their main page. Most people will try what I did, bookmark first then cut and paste - and then be stuck.

There is a captcha on the page.
Tronlet

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:35:23 AM

Here is the claims page, for those who want to know. Probably looks different if the balance is over 0 though, someone else please take a screenshot, censor out the URL in Paint or whatever, and post.

pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:56:33 AM

Here is the claims page, for those who want to know. Probably looks different if the balance is over 0 though, someone else please take a screenshot, censor out the URL in Paint or whatever, and post.

Thanks,

We need Boussac to address what people should do regarding these "zero balance" pages when funds were actually sent to these wallets shortly before Instawallet went offline. How do we claim? And when do we get the opportunity?

I am probably on the ignore list, so someone else needs to voice it.
pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:50:47 AM

The last transaction into my one wallet for the claim came from another wallet I control. I would like to do the "Cryptographic proof of ownership" thing:

"If you or someone you know controls the private key of a Bitcoin address that sent a transaction to this wallet, you can help us by providing cryptographic evidence. The owner of the emitting Bitcoin address can sign a message and generate a signature which we can use to prove ownership of this wallet. In the fields below, enter the Bitcoin address of the emitter, a message, and the signature of the message generated by the private key associated with the Bitcoin address."

Can anyone advise a non-tech how to do this??

Thanks

I've never done that - but there should be guides around letting you know how to do it. This is one of the pieces of proof that could be used, in my opinion, to reclaim a wallet.

I think at this point in time Boussac should do a recording of how the reclaim process works and post it here, video with his cell, and uploaded within 30 mins of this post, or else it's just all false. :p

Have posted the question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174041.0

Thanks for the suggestion Smiley

This has been answered for Blockchain wallets. See link above.
nellybear

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:48:25 AM

I personnally tested my urls on the claim form and it worked.
If you are getting a 404 error it could be that your url is made up.
All instawallet urls that have received transactions are in the database.

Hi Boussac,

I get a 404 on all three previously valid Instawallet URLs I have.

I happen to have a screenshot of the one with the most BTC in, dated not long before the incident occurred, so I know for a fact that the wallet URL was valid and had an above-zero balance of 1.2725 BTC.  OK, this might be small beans compared to some other claimants, but it's still my money and I'd like to claim it back.  I can also show that in the blockchain that its public address received funds over a period of time:

http://www.use.com/images/s_2/b619cb1b60a364d3278c_1.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=564987143035

http://www.use.com/images/s_2/b619cb1b60a364d3278c_2.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=575795160838

http://www.use.com/images/s_2/b619cb1b60a364d3278c_3.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=326376916141

See them up close at http://www.use.com/b619cb1b60a364d3278c

How do I claim my money when my wallet addresses all get a 404?

Thanks.
nellybear

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:58:33 AM

Never mind, I managed to put a claim in for that address by using the workaround others have mentioned (go to https://www.instawallet.org/ first and then paste the wallet ID in after).  You really should have it set up so that original wallet URLs work to get to the claim pages - the instructional text on the Instawallet front page is currently misleading.

The workaround doesn't appear to work for my other two wallets by the way, they each get a 404-looking error but different to the one I pasted earlier:

The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

Undecided
nellybear

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:22:16 AM

I just like to add that despite the pressures Boussac and team must be under for what was a free service with an up-front low security warning, they're doing a marvellous job.

I'm pleased that my idea to add a CAPTCHA was included as well as someone else's idea to have the option to cryptographically sign from an address associated with a wallet.

Good work and thanks Smiley
trout

Activity: 333
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:22:46 AM

after doing the copy-paste trick the wallet shows up, but there's no form to fill!

Anybody else has the same problem? How is that supposed to work?
trout

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:27:23 AM

OK I get, there's no form because the balance is 0. This has to be fixed! Boussac, please let those with 0 balance fill the forms, becayse the 0 is wrong for many
Crenel84

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 08:20:40 AM

Got through the claim process, although definitely not smoothly. When I was on page 1 of this thread I went to try it and got the 404 result. Registered on the site to post that experience in this thread. The restrictions on Newbies slowed me down, so I read more and finally figured out the weird copy/paste thing. I'm guessing you have to get a session or similar cookie on the front page and then that allows the wallet URL to work? Not sure, but it's odd and a seemingly-pointless hassle. I only had a token amount in my wallet, and who knows if those funds will ever reach me, but for what it's worth -- now that I'm not in Newbie jail anymore -- the claims can work.  YMMV, apparently.
Keimoasd

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:26:45 AM

I personnally tested my urls on the claim form and it worked.
If you are getting a 404 error it could be that your url is made up.
All instawallet urls that have received transactions are in the database.

My URL is not made up and I can't acces to the claim process.  Angry

Okay I got it now. You can't use your bookmarks. You need to go to the instawallet.org and paste /w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to the url.

Date Registered:    April 04, 2013, 07:51:52 PM

Possible shill alert.

I am a legimate wallet owner. I just registered on this forum 'cause of this Instawallet mess.
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:38:00 AM

Ok, glad i waited until the morning to enter any claims as the advice regarding the URLs has saved me a lot of stress. Smiley

I have so far entered 6 URLs and all have been found with full balances. These range from 8BTC to 162BTC and i have been working from the lowest up so all good so far.

Now onto the bigger ones (more tempting for hackers). Fingers crossed.
Kotcha

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:49:49 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 09:00:18 AM by Kotcha

I'm still getting this never-ending loading page on https://www.instawallet.org, I can see no front page at all? 404 errors on all of my URLs even when I paste them at the loading page :s

Boussac can you shed any light on this? What's the next step?  Huh

Edit: Very strange, the only way I can access the claims form is through a proxy? Will this affect the legitimacy of my claim?
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:01:48 AM

I'm still getting this never-ending loading page on https://www.instawallet.org, I can see no front page at all? 404 errors on all of my URLs even when I paste them at the loading page :s

Boussac can you shed any light on this? What's the next step?  Huh

Hi Boussac

This is happening to me now

Are you just overloaded?

Got all my time dependent (<50BTC) ones in anyway Smiley
pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:04:47 AM

OK I get, there's no form because the balance is 0. This has to be fixed! Boussac, please let those with 0 balance fill the forms, becayse the 0 is wrong for many

This appears to be working now Smiley

Thank you M. Noizat
Tronlet

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:40:16 PM

Try reading the page again. See that little notice addressing exactly what you're talking about? I even screenshotted it for you to be helpful, scroll up.

twolifeinexile

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:19:16 PM

Ok, glad i waited until the morning to enter any claims as the advice regarding the URLs has saved me a lot of stress. Smiley

I have so far entered 6 URLs and all have been found with full balances. These range from 8BTC to 162BTC and i have been working from the lowest up so all good so far.

Now onto the bigger ones (more tempting for hackers). Fingers crossed.
Man you are rich , by the way. Just to release you some stress.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:00:03 PM

Confirming that I was able to access my bookmarked URL and submit a claim. Have received an email with a confirmation number.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
trout

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:03:31 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 08:59:20 AM by trout

great, now 0-balance wallet URLs can be claimed as well.

I managed to  claim mine.

for those still getting 404:
 copy-paste  exactly this: www.instawallet.og/w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(with your wallet of course). If you copy-paste something else and then edit
(such as removing extra /, as I did when copying the address by parts) then you get 404

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:26:46 PM

Need to watch this thread, and it is more convenient to me to do so via 'reply' vs. via 'watchlist'.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: