Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:31:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79918 times)
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:38:37 AM

My opinion, if you really want to do something, anything, then you should join others. You have nobody to debate and you'll apply your knowledge and logic on what is already known / what was known and just say bluntly, "it won't work". You also seem to be very proud and that certainly ain't helping. You aren't in your prime and it's probably hard for you now to work with people half your age that may know more than you do. There are most likely 10000 things that aren't fixed yet and can most likely be fixed with easy workarounds you or anyone else haven't thought about. Just because you don't know about programming it only mean there wasn't found a solution / workaround yet. You seem to be a bit close minded.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:43:26 AM

iamnotback ........you had me at ICO  Roll Eyes

(had me skipping this thread).
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:54:47 AM

iamnotback ........you had me at ICO  Roll Eyes

(had me skipping this thread).

That is why we have free markets. So everyone can decide for themselves what they want to support and invest in. And then there will be winners and losers.

And I am extremely competitive. Losing for me is not an option. It is only something I succumb to if I've killed myself trying to win. I was running full court basketball with 20 year old filipinos and my son a couple weeks ago. Was my first time to do that in years. I literally didn't have the reflexes nor the conditioning, so I was nearly delirious and couldn't breathe trying to run up and down the court (since they have one guy stay back and just heave the ball so I was literally sprinting nonstop). I was determined to not lose the game. While I was in the game we were leading the score purely because of my effort on defense (as I was the tallest player on the court but not the highest jumper there was actually a smaller guy who could nearly dunk it).

But eventually I couldn't breathe at all and had to stop and the other team won. I was pissed off. I don't plan to lose the next time we play.

52 year old man running full court with 20 year olds. And sick with liver disease. Am I competitive or what?

It is quite enjoyable to have people doubt me and bet against me. I love that. I just need my health so I can follow through with my competitiveness.
mining1

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:58:53 AM

Then buy a pair of asics and start running.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:29:23 AM

My opinion, if you really want to do something, anything, then you should join others. You have nobody to debate and you'll apply your knowledge and logic on what is already known

I engage others in debate as I did with @jaekwon but he just banned me and shut down the Github issue when he decided he didn't want to let me explain further how his project is broken and can't be fixed. He expect me to unravel the obfuscation they have done with protocol and that is not my job. I already understand the fundamental reason blame is impossible. It is their job to find out how they obfuscated this fundamental in their understanding of their design. Or later I can take the time to write or hire someone to write a formal refutation of their Proof of Accountability. Why should I encourage them to stop working on their project and wasting their time? Much better for me to have one less potential competitor and not to lose my precious time doing their work for them. At the right time, we can make it 100% proven that their projects are a total failure. And that will best done when my project is already released. Don't wake up a sleeping dog prematurely.

I also agree it is important to work with others and the point of the ICO would be to make that happen, but why should I work with some dumb ass Millennials who have their ego up their ass. I would prefer to work with some top notch programmers from outside of our dysfunctional ecosystem who don't get easily offended when having technical discussions. The drama in our ecosystem is like 5 years old fighting over toys or throwing sand.

Actually Steem's main coder appears to be very good (from browsing his code). I might like to steal him away, but I don't know him yet. We just exchanged some words recently on a blog where I had refuted Dan Smiley

Hopefully can find some guys to work with who are low on drama and high on professionalism and production.

I don't disrespect Vitalik and Vlad. Some of Vitalik's blogs are helpful and I have cited 2 or 3 of them. Vitalik has been good for our ecosystem. His approach is interesting. Someone wrote recently that Ethereum could even be viewed as important as a teaching tool and bringing others into crypto. I am not so closed minded as to not appreciate other vantage points.

But I don't like Vitalik's style of mgmt and budgeting. I don't like how he approaches development. I have decades of experience actually developing software that shipped to millions of users. Vitalik is a young guy living in a fantasy. Sorry he is too out-of-touch with the harsh realities and it offends my past experience of actually shipping software. In other words, I don't think professional programmers would work for him. Programming should be a pretty much invisible activity only seen by those who are in the trenches on Github. Not weekly video Hangouts on Google and slack. All that time wasting verbiage such as we are doing now here in this thread.

what was known and just say bluntly, "it won't work". You also seem to be very proud and that certainly ain't helping.

You stay with V&V. And let's see how the reality works out.

Of course you will say that. Do you have experience creating software and shipping it to millions of users?

Interacting is important. But interacting with Vitalik and Vlad as I have observed ends up being a lot of noise. Because they are making it up as they go along. They haven't studied enough to be expert on the topic they are working on. Professionals arrive prepared and much less verbiage is required.

Yes I would love to work with experts and prolific coders. That would be very fun. But you've also got to work out the financial aspects. Programmers aren't cheap. And in our dysfunctional ecosystem here, all the devs want to have a portion of the money supply. Or you've got purely voluntary contributors such as for Monero, but this can drag on for a long time and even be abandoned (3 years for Monero to produce a GUI I heard).

You aren't in your prime and it's probably hard for you now to work with people half your age that may know more than you do.

It is difficult for me to work with Millennials who are into political correctness and easily offended. I didn't realize that until I actually started to interact with them.

That doesn't mean there might not be some younger guys who are very professional.

As for knowing more than I do, be careful with that presumption. You seem to not value experience. If experience isn't valuable, then WTF?

You are also presuming that my intellect isn't unique. It doesn't mean I am the most astute mathematician or any particular attribute.

You can't judge a person's abilities based on what you would like to believe. You will only know based on the results or unless you interact with that person closely and can observe their true abilities.

I will just tell you that someone who was an adjunct professor at George Washington Univ and was a Dept head at SAIC recently told me in LinkedIn that he thought in college I would be the one to cure cancer. I told him I was going to attempt to change the monetary system instead.

There are most likely 10000 things that aren't fixed yet and can most likely be fixed with easy workarounds you or anyone else haven't thought about. Just because you don't know about programming it only mean there wasn't found a solution / workaround yet. You seem to be a bit close minded.

I am expert programmer. Do you not know I have written millions of lines of code for software that shipped to millions of users.

It is quite funny to see a non-expert arguing with an expert. You are certainly free to go on thinking what ever you wish. It is a free market.

I don't care to justify everything to you. I'd rather compete with you. It is amazingly slow and inefficient to sit here and argue with every person.

I think it is more productive to go do what I want to do. You can do what ever you want. Doesn't bother me.

You will learn in the end if I was correct about Casper. But since I was correct about everything else, why would I be wrong this time. But you are apparently not familiar with my record. C'est la vie.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:31:04 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 12:19:08 PM by iamnotback

Then buy a pair of asics and start running.

You are quite the presumptuous one. I run up to 5 miles per day (averaging about 15-20 miles per week but 20 makes me too thin and frail). Been doing that for months.

And it seems you don't acknowledge that I have serious liver disease (or something) or you think I am hallucinating or otherwise not really very ill for years. As if I am not already trying to do as much sports training as I possibly can which I already mentioned. Do you not think maybe the liver disease is impacting the ability of my body to develop endurance? Do you not know that I was a long-distance runner in high school and ran for example 4:30 mile, low 10s for 2 miles and 35 minutes for a 10K (didn't train for the 10K). Seems you make so many presumptions without knowing all the details about what you are commenting on. So if I can't get back to my former endurance levels even though I am trying my best, maybe just maybe it is because I am chronically ill and have abdomen pain when jogging. Duh.

But it indicates you have no experience at anything you pontificate about. You do not understand that basketball sprinting is not the same conditioning as slow paced long-distance running.

Also I don't think you comprehend that a 52 year old man can't typically sprint the full court with 20 years olds, no matter how much training he does. He can't do it for 48 minutes night after night. It is physically not normally possible. There is such a thing as an age decline regardless of how hard one exercises. This can be mitigated to great extent for long-distance running (losing only maybe 5 - 10% off the best performance of the youth if one is not suffering a chronic illness), but sports based on speed and dexterity are much more difficult for an older man to remain competitive.

You Millennials/Westerners will argue about everything. It is so pleasant to interact with you.

Adding an edit:

Please all those who PM me with health tips, please stop. I have tried everything. I have tried every possible supplement and dietary change. I have tried each one in isolation and in various combinations. I have a serious liver and digestive illness or something. It isn't a figment of my imagination. It isn't mental or anxiety. It is a physical problem in my abdomen and possibly even viral as well. I hope to have some definitive diagnosis in couple of weeks, so I can scan a document and show it to anyone who thinks or doesn't understand that illness can actually be real. If someone had cancer, you wouldn't mess around telling them that maybe they can cure it with yoga or vitamin C or what ever. Welcome to try all those homeopathic experiments. I certainly did. They didn't work. Period.
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:31:27 AM

Stop your fucking self-sabotaging/procrastination and continue coding please.

Loads of people are waiting to throw serious BTC at you.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:36:34 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 12:08:07 PM by iamnotback

Stop your fucking self-sabotaging/procrastination

Why do you feel a need to make these aggressive words? What sabotage? What procrastination? I am answering some false allegations.

There is nothing anyone can do which will satisfy all of you. Everyone of you has some fucking complaint.

What is the problem with you guys?

I work for days and say nothing about this other than my few posts in the Decentralization thread. Someone makes a thread and drags me into this. I had no intention of discussing all of this.

You guys can make accusations and I can't respond? WTF?

Loads of people are waiting to throw serious BTC at you.

Everybody knows that. Can you say something worth saying?

Some people have questioned various aspects and I have responded. Are you arguing I should not be communicative to the community?

WTF do you guys want? Seems there is nothing that satisfies you. You want to complain everything and anything.

Edit: I think you need to remember that mining1 is big supporter (shill) of ETH. I am not attacking him. I am just responding to him calmly. I have no beef with him. I am not trying to be the altcoin police.

I think perhaps you guys want to see a happy community of interaction. And you want all that camaraderie and cheerleading. "Yeah we have a great team and with  our vast cooperation we are going to accomplish great things".

Hopefully there will be professional ecosystem developed. That probably has very little if any correlation with me debating some ETH supporters and others who hate ICOs.
VultureFund

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:37:50 AM

C'mon Shelby destroy all these wannabe low IQ haters, we're really impatient to see your solutions!! Cheesy

100% trust in you man, you must be the only one here who has a deep knowledge about what are we doing here and your POV will be surely accurate  Smiley

Good luck!
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:39:42 AM

OP I would very much appreciate if you'd lock the thread.

Okay I will try to get out of here. Have fun with this.
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:01:47 PM

Because we want you to succeed you fucking muppet.

Stop being such a dramaqueen and get your project going.

Kiss
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:16:02 PM

Bottom Line:
All the bullshit aside if you can launch a truly better coin with real innovation with out doing an ICO then absolutely you have my full support.
I am leaning towards thinking you have the skills to do that... BUT !
I actually have not seen proof you have the required coding skill level (pertaining to crypto) to pull it off.

Your claim of an "Early 2017 Launch" ? = Good luck Wink

I guess it's plausible if you unload yet another ICO (YAICO) and then kick back and say "Coming Soon"
Then yeah... you could launch it "Early 2017" hahhahhahahhahaha

So if I come to the table with a completed fully functional self funded cryptocurrency, that is running in an Open Beta, you would not have a problem with an IPO/ICO open to everyone at the same buy-in cost of say $010/coin?

Also, when I said fully functional, it has a market place, chat, alternate user wallet names, etc.

Just wondering...

Fuserler's ostrich ...

lol if you knew ANYTHING about dan you'd know you'd be fucking happy to be his ostrich.

not to go tooo far off topic but it takes all of 5 minutes of reading to see what a solid, albeit stupidly delayed, project eMunie is. It's a shame more projects do not follow its model of production quality even if that same quality level is a burden.

Agree totally, I'll be buying some EMU for sure, the self-serve debit card loading looks like a killer feature on its own, and I know there's a load more features.

My three picks for 2017 that I'm saving for are
EMU
KOMODO
Anonymint's

All have good chances, all competitive with btc and xmr
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:32:48 PM

This is not adequate to know what is really going on, but it already indicated problems.

Mild fatty liver disease, roughed kidneys indicating inflammatory problem, some slight sludge in my bile, and 50% enlarged prostate:

PikachuYou

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Me is Cute

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:36:26 PM

so potential prostate problems in the future then......

iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:47:28 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 01:24:37 PM by iamnotback

so potential prostate problems in the future then......

I was tested for prostate and pancreas cancer markers and they were negative (but that isn't 100% definitive).

But yeah, it isn't an encouraging sign. If I can get my athletics back to a very high level, perhaps I can moderate that if it is due to hormone imbalance. I expect my testosterone was very low since 2015, since I stopped getting erections. I've been getting back my libido past 2 weeks getting back on the barbells and also taking the high doses of Vitamin D3 again. The high dose Vitamin D3 + intense barbell is the only thing that has ever worked. But in past experiments it is not curative and eventually I crash into a relapse. And high dose vitD3 is dangerous for kidney stones and may damage the liver. Thus I think what ever my problem is, it also causes hormone problems.

Hope I can get a definitive diagnosis.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:07:06 PM

Proof-of-work coins such as Bitcoin, Monero, and Zcash will lose all their security in the coming crisis, because miners won't be able to exchange BTC for fiat to pay their electricity.

Considering how stupid that statement is, I highly doubt the answer is yes.

I was referring to Jim Rickards' prediction that the elite will shut down the financial system for a period of time. I am saying that if that period of time is of sufficient duration that BTC can't be exchanged for fiat to pay for electricity, then mining farms have to shut down.

If the world is in such a chaos that the entire world financial system can be shut down and no one can move any fiat for some period of time, then proof-of-work miners can also be affected because they have bills to pay.

Whereas, a proof-of-stake system would not be so affected because it doesn't require consumption of an external resource. We might argue that such chaos would also shut down the entire Internet, but I tend to think the Internet is much more global, resilient and diverse than a few mining farms in China.

So please enlighten us as to which of us is stupid?

bathrobehero, are you challenging me to an intellectual contest? Do you really think you can challenge me intellectually?

So your coin will use PoS? But Proof of stake has been already discarded as safe, it has many exploitable angles such as the nothing on stake problem, it will just never be as solid as having a network of computers that is the biggest in the world backing it vs people holding coins... how do you pretend to compete with bitcoin with a PoS system? PoS coins already exist and nobody cares, they are just another altcoin, so how do you pretend to make your project just not another altcoin?

Also if financial chaos ensues, I doubt people is going to bother paying for electricity or for anything at all.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:26:02 PM

So your coin will use PoS?

Not PoS, not PoW.
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:17:19 PM

Re: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?

Really???

This guy is just a broke forum addicted troll. He will never ever deliver anything.
As far as this genius issue goes. He is trolling Vitalik (a guy who has built a billion dollar network) since months, without showing just one line of code from himself. He is just a genius in babbling online.
And I remember him begging that skycoin would work with him. Of course he doesn´t.

And be carful, broke and ill is a dangerous combination for your money.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
mining1

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:19:25 PM

By debating, i meant some work coleague / friend to do constructive debates with, so you learn from each other so you won't have to rely on your own logic and knowledge only, as i said. These are just vanity type of debates on internet (between you and that chinese guy, or whatever he is ) that can be hardly won and where mostly non technical people are reading and where the "winner" is the one with better punchlines. And you also know that in these type of debates you don't have to win the wise understanding minority, but the large non technical majority, that's where the funds come from, for your future ICO. Tell me i am wrong.
Also, blockchain is still uncharted territory, no one fully understands how to or the capabilities of blockchain yet, that's the reason of these 1000 type of blockchain flavors out there, and we don't have yet a fully working, without any flaw, long term product yet. Because bitcoin certainly isn't. Maybe ethereum, that if they manage to solve scaling and implement it without major security risks.
So, if all along you thought all these projects were flawed and you thought you had the solution, you still had many years to come with something better. From my point of view, you're staying on the sidelines, try to learn from the mystakes of those that tried something before you, meanwhile criticising all their work and research. There's also a consequence of that, willingly or not, you're building hype around yourself, here on bitcointalk, where you know there are mostly potential investors.
Now, i think you may come up with something, eventually, but i don't think it will live up to the hype you're building, willingly or not. Because, when you criticise something you have to surpass them. By a long shot.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:31:16 PM

I don't think so : an altcoin, whatever his technology may be will never defeat Bitcoin, because to elect the best crypto-currency, we look at how many people use it. No altcoin will ever surpass Bitcoin because the average people absolutely don't care about the internal problems, and I do not see any internal problem as of today. The branding is whatever matters the most, and good luck defeating Bitcoin's branding ! Most of the people that know some economical things knew about Bitcoin, but absolutely none about things like Ethereum or Litecoin. Good luck releasing something that beats Bitcoin on all the points, which is basically impossible if you conduct an IPO or an ICO.

I disagree. If someone comes up with an actual solution that delivers the same levels of army grade encryption and protection against quantum attacks like bitcoin does now, while being able to send fast onchain transactions for cheap at visa level volumes... that would be something a lot of people if not everyone involved in BTC would buy at. BTC will always have the first mover advantage, no coin can survive as long as BTC because it was the first, but if at least on paper, a coin solves BTC problems, its going to get a lot of money, if in practice it works its yet to be seen.

Thing is, I doubt a bitcoin killer actually exists, but i will remain skeptical.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: