Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:54:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: r0ach's Cryptomarkets Watch & Scamcoin Observer  (Read 47184 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 06:31:05 AM

Poloniex is getting slammed. The pages will only load sometimes. Panic altcoin selling, BTC buying.

I tried to tell you all to buy at $660, because I could sense it was getting ready to break out over $700.

Next stop is high $700s ($800ish) at the cup & handle, which is what I predicted on Sept 3. It was the only prediction I made. I am not cherry picking from several statements I made.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 09:06:30 AM

I actually find it funny how all the altcoin lovers that preach against Bitcoin being slow and not profitable enough, are now selling their so loved altcoins for BTC in order to benefit from the increase lately. Cheesy

Those who want more profits try to trade between BTC and altcoins on a see-saw. After BTC peaks, then the altcoins go on a run up, as BTC runs out to altcoins. Then back to BTC or hold in dollars again. Repeat.

Also taking speculations on ICO and mined launches of best-of-breed altcoins has been a way to accumulate more BTC.

Smart money wants to build their stack of BTC any way they can and doesn't waste time with hands-tied-behind-back perma-bull, uni-asset ideology.

Crypto-curreny is an ecosystem. Not a monotheism. Leave the religion to the losers. Smart money is objective.
iamnotback

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 05:17:26 AM

BTC is likely only a pause as some are taking profits out at $700+ to altcoins. After that is complete, it should resume move up and they will come racing back in dumping altcoins even more feverishly for BTC.
iamnotback

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 06:03:01 AM

Any one buying precious metals right now and not Bitcoin @$700 is an idiot.

You should be buying BTC aggressively and plan to diversify into any best-of-breed altcoins at the right timing. For example, once XMR and ZEC (Zcash) bottoms, you should be buying aggressively, which will probably after the current up move in BTC matures.

Those who stay in precious metals are going to see losses in 2017 (due to a surging dollar) and then only at most a 4 X gain from current prices over next several years.

Those in solid crypto-currency speculations are going to see 10 - 100 X gain in that same timeframe.
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 07:58:43 PM

A segment of my reply to Anonymint's love of the USD and hatred of metals:

You keep repeating over and over that the world is "short US dollars" (implying there is a permanent demand to satisfy the shorts as a counter party).  The world is not short US dollars.  Those are called unserviceable debts.  When people have no intention of fulfilling those contracts, those are toxic assets and not shorts with any type of counter party.

On the other hand, when you see places like Comex running unallocated, fractional reserve gold at 100:1 or more, those actually are shorts because the demand on the object for which they are attached never goes to zero unlike the bond market.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 08:21:11 PM

Those who stay in precious metals are going to see losses in 2017 (due to a surging dollar) and then only at most a 4 X gain from current prices over next several years.

400% gain over several years ?

Life's a bitch ~LOL~
iamnotback

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:56:12 PM

A segment of my reply to Anonymint's love of the USD and hatred of metals:

And a segment of my slapdown:

What kind of person willingly subjects themselves to being scammed on purpose?

Yeah. And you are being scammed, by the very group you think are fighting. They have you so fooled.

You keep repeating over and over that the world is "short US dollars".  The world is not short US dollars.  Those are called unserviceable debts.  When people have no intention of fulfilling those contracts, those are toxic assets and not shorts with any type of counter party.

They have every intention of fulfilling them. We will get a massive push back into the dollar before we get any default on dollar loans. Later yes defaults, but I am talking about what happens in 2017, not 2018 or beyond.
iamnotback

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:58:25 PM

400% gain over several years ?

Life's a bitch ~LOL~

That is the maximum possible. And good luck actually cashing out with that gain. And good luck with your governments not declaring you a terrorist and money launderer for having gold and silver.

You are walking into a hornet's nest by buying that pathetic shit. It is a trap laid for you by the psyops of the global elite. They are promoting you to buy this shit.
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 08:37:44 PM

They have you so fooled.

There is no way to be "fooled" by holding something that acts as both a commodity and currency if you buy anywhere near the bottom (silver that is, btc isn't an actual commodity).

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
iamnotback

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 03:43:03 AM

They have you so fooled.

There is no way to be "fooled" by holding something that acts as both a commodity and currency if you buy anywhere near the bottom (silver that is, btc isn't an actual commodity).

I have explained ad nauseum (<--- read the entire thread) that precious metals do not and will not ever again act as any form of currency.

r0ach I like you. I hope you gain rationality on this issue.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 05:37:26 PM

I have explained ad nauseum (<--- read the entire thread) that precious metals do not and will not ever again act as any form of currency.

Well, excuse us for missing your succinct rational arguments ~LOL~
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:52:01 PM

lmao at ppl trying to prove how wrong those who speak the truth are.

scams have been 90% of alts and will continue to be.  stop "investing" into BULLSHIT and stick with winner coins only.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
iamnotback

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:19:35 PM

Well, excuse us for missing your succinct rational arguments ~LOL~

If you expect complex issues to have succinct arguments, then you aren't rational.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 02:42:08 AM

Proof-of-work coins such as Bitcoin, Monero, and Zcash will lose all their security in the coming crisis, because miners won't be able to exchange BTC for fiat to pay their electricity.

In the Econ. Total. thread I mention a little about The Road to Ruin, the brand-new book by Jim Rickards.  I just started.  I will have lots more to write about it as I explore his ideas.

Of interest is that many of his ideas, so far anyway, parallel Armstrong's ideas.

He is saying that ~2018ish when the defaults go bezerk, the central banks will be trapped, and the global elite will close the financial system, so that the elites can buy up all the distressed corporations and assets, before they reopen the financial system.

Hard assets will preserve wealth long-term but they won't be liquid during that period:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1665943.msg16749910#msg16749910

THAT would be the acid-test of a new crypto: whether the black market guys would accept it.

I disagree. I am not here in crypto-land to create black markets. I am here to create a mainstream market of billions of people using crypto-currency.

For liquidity, you are going to need crypto-currency. And that is why you need crypto-currency with billions of users for massive liquidity. Bitcoin isn't going to get us there fast enough. That is why I will release the "Bitcoin killer" early 2017.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:05:12 AM

Proof-of-work coins such as Bitcoin, Monero, and Zcash will lose all their security in the coming crisis, because miners won't be able to exchange BTC for fiat to pay their electricity.

I was looking at the last 6 Months of the US Dollar Index, and I Totally Agree with You ,   Smiley

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/dxy

The US $ is Going Up,
The Best Investment at the Current Time is the US$ , not PoW Cryptos or Metals which will all collapse in price against a Strong Dollar.
Soon the Smart money players will dump everything for the US$, Charts are already starting to show it.

Cool

iamnotback

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:44:17 AM

Hmm.  Rickards also thinks 2018 is when the bad stuff starts...

By "he", I meant Rickards, not Armstrong.

My point re black markets is that participants CHOOSE their currencies.  I am not saying anything about creating black markets, only noting that some of them already like BTC.  But, BTC seems too hard to use for the masses.

Actually, I look forward to seeing anything you have to release in 2017.  "Massive liquidity" sounds promising.

Now get back to work!   Wink

I just mean that we need mainstream markets, so that we have enough liquidity to minimize the control the elite would have by collapsing the financial system they control. I think of black markets as being illegal, distrusted by most, and heavily fought by TPTB.

The elite do not fight what is popular, rather they try to co-opt it. Because they know it is futile to stop people from that which they can't stop people, e.g. having sex. Instead they co-opt sex with their control over media.

Bitcoin is co-opted by economies-of-scale in mining because proof-of-work is not the correct design. These mining interests are blocking larger block size, because unlimited block sizes means bankruptcy for all miners when minted rewards get closer to zero. We have a technical problem combined with a political problem, but the political problem originates from the choice of proof-of-work as the consensus mechanism. I explain this in great detail in my white paper. The following are applicable:

http://btcmarketwatch.com/2015/08/the-blockstream-business-plan/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1671480.msg16837201#msg16837201

Add this from my whitepaper:

Quote from: @AnonyMint's whitepaper rough draft
2. A normal system in nature is small things grow exponentially faster than large things. Most small things don't grow large enough to become stable large things, e.g. the competing saplings in the forest, because they have more competition and friction, e.g. a higher portion of a lower income is budgeted for food instead of savings and investment. A stable power-law distribution appears to be one where large things peak and decay, which retains competition and renewal.

Satoshi's design appears to be a power vacuum which can only reach equilibrium at winner-take-all on mining, thus appears to be incongruent with a long-term stable power-law distribution. Examples include the selfish and stubborn mining attacks and propagation delays, all of which accrue more than proportional rewards (thus accumulating ever more hashrate) to those with more hashrate due to wasted mining of the others¹. Also there is variance[Meni2011] and the cost of verifying a disproportionate volume of transactions. These factors force miners into pools and ostensibly eventually the winner-take-all pool. We can't presume that a multitude of pools aren't all controlled by the same entity behind the scenes, i.e. a Sybil attack on objective decentralization of the network hashrate.

As explained in the Power-law Distribution Control section, the long-term stabilty of the power-law distribution is not the same as the Nash equilibrium of the game theory of the protocol.

3. If the block size is constrained then the transaction fees will rise to value of the most expensive transactions, as transaction volume exceeds the block size. If the block size is unbounded then the transaction fees will decline to less than the marginal validation costs since some transactions will be added by other than the marginal cost miner. And as marginal miners are less profitable (for this reason and those from #2) eventually transaction fees drop to the validation costs of the winner-take-all miner, yet at this point the miner can presumably require any transaction fee the market will bear[Recycled]. Monero has a variable block size algorithm, but this is effectively the same scenario as the unbounded block size because block size will trend to the transaction volume and fees which are profitable for the lowest validation cost miner[TPTB2016].

A perpetual (aka tail) block minted (aka coinbase) reward subsidy complicates the analysis, but due to #2 the winner-take-all monopoly (first perhaps a cartel) insures that transaction fees will eventually rise to what the market will bear in order to maximize income for the victors.

There is no possible solution to the block size dilemma in Satoshi's proof-of-work design.

[Meni2011] https://arxiv.org/abs/1112.4980
[Recycled] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.msg16853429#msg16853429
[TPTB2016] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1183043.msg13850005#msg13850005
¹ https://arxiv.org/abs/1311.0243
  http://eprint.iacr.org/2015/796
  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.msg15823439#msg15823439
  https://blog.ethereum.org/2014/07/11/toward-a-12-second-block-time/

As for the masses trusting and desiring crypto-currency and wanting all their data in a decentralized consensus ordering database (not necessarily a blockchain if we don't use blocks), Steem(it) already demonstrated some innovations and we need to tweak the aspects that Steem(it) did incorrectly.

Taking money from the collective and paying it out to participants via voting is an incorrect paradigm for onboarding the masses, for reasons I have already explained in my blogs on Steem(it) and also in the Steem thread in the Altcoin Discussion forum. The consensus system employed by Steem(it) is DPoS and although this is an improvement from Satoshi's proof-of-work, it has some technical weaknesses around asynchony liveness and is subject to a winner-take-all power vacuum on stake control of the delegate witness and the fees they are paid.

My design fixes all of this. Yet the implementation is vaporware at this moment.

As you all know, I have a problem with my liver and digestive system. For example, I just woke up from 8 hours sleep, but I feel exhausted and lacking of energy to think clearly upon waking up. It is as if I didn't sleep. But if I don't sleep, it gets even worse, where I am in delirium. So there is no way that in this health condition, that I am coding and working with the energy and efficiency of my healthy self. I not even producing at 1/5 the rate that I would without such a health problem. Any way, I am limping along as best as I can, and will be in Singapore at the National University Hospital which has research department and entire building for Hepatology and Gastroenterology. And they have research doctors there who had originally been schooled and trained in the UK. So I go there in 2nd of January to get a proper diagnosis and hopefully also some sort of treatment. I can't know in advance if the problem will require surgery or if it is microflora (bacterial) or what. They've got to look inside (endoscopy and MRI) and do lab tests that aren't available here in the Philippines. I wanted to go in November, but it didn't work because 1) I only have 9.5 BTC of funding and no medical insurance, so I am hoping for a higher BTC price by January, 2) the head of the entire department will be my doctor, but he is on vacation from end of November until Dec 19 and I couldn't arrange my exit clearance with immigration and the flights for early November and I don't want to go mid-November, because maybe not enough time to complete the treatment before he goes on vacation, 3) going around Xmas & New Years is prohibitively expensive for the flights & hotel, 4) my immigration fees and visa for Philippines is paid through January 13, so better to not waste that by leaving the country earlier.

So for example I will go jogging now, because that is what seems to give me a bit more energy. I have been tending to jog 2 - 3X per day. But it doesn't stop the yellow color and pain at my abdomen. There is something seriously wrong inside there at my liver and upper portion of the digestive system. In January, I will have documents I can scan and share so that no one will be able to think I was lying. Believe me, if I wasn't sick, I wouldn't writing anything here in these forums. I'd be having too much fun producing and making progress at a much faster rate. I am praying my problem can be resolved in January. Thus NUHS has also done FMT (fecal microflora transplants) as well as I am sure very expert in surgery if for example my organs in there are bound together after floating in stomach acid in 2012 due to the perforated ulcer I had at the time. However, one thing that is perplexing to me is that well before the perforated ulcer in 2012, even as early as 2009/10, I was having the symptoms of swollen feet and uncontrollable muscle contractions (especially in my feet) which I still get now and seem to be correlated with my gut problem. So perhaps my health problem is something viral or bacterial, which preceded and precipitated the perforated ulcer. January is a significant month in my life. I been in 4.5 years of utter hell healthwise. And since 2006 when my ex gave me a very nasty strain of HPV that had me bed ridden for a month and never quite the same hence, I've been having autoimmunity symptoms. So maybe I am just destroyed. I will hope to find out in January. Nevertheless, I will release this crypto project even if I can't be cured. I will need to find another programmer if I am not going to get back my normal health. I will have to transition just to a thinker and adviser in that case. I have a plan B for that, which will involve a small ICO after making it to testnet, so I can hire a top notch programmer. Until January, I am trying to get as much work done as I can in this poor health condition.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:54:59 AM

The US $ is Going Up,
The Best Investment at the Current Time is the US$ , not PoW Cryptos or Metals which will all collapse in price against a Strong Dollar.
Soon the Smart money players will dump everything for the US$, Charts are already starting to show it.

I am not sure if the stampede into the dollar will take down Bitcoin. I do know dollar up, gold down, but Bitcoin has been somewhat anti-correlated to gold.

Bitcoin can also be a conduit for people to move capital out of where it is, and into dollars, e.g. China.

Bitcoin is likely to move to an ATH in 2017 with the news about Lightning Networks (LN) coming closer to live. But I think it will be a "buy the news, sell the outcome", because Bitcoin's scalepocalyse isn't going to be solved, and LN will be a masterful clusterfuck failure.

We'll need a replacement for Bitcoin waiting in the wings...
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:34:15 AM

I was looking at the last 6 Months of the US Dollar Index, and I Totally Agree with You ,   Smiley

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/dxy

The US $ is Going Up,

Cool

Are you really serious, can you tell me why US dollar still remain strong in the market, we all know from expereince that financial market is all about burst and boom, there is a reason for Bitcoin, it was created to free people like me and defend us from financial burst that  is coming
iamnotback

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 02:08:32 PM

Are you really serious, can you tell me why US dollar still remain strong in the market, we all know from expereince that financial market is all about burst and boom, there is a reason for Bitcoin, it was created to free people like me and defend us from financial burst that  is coming

You have some reading to do in the Martin Armstrong thread of the Economics forum.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 08:54:38 PM

The correction from $750 due to the fake China scare appears to be a flag pattern. So I am now thinking we may blast right through that cup handle ~$788 and head towards $900.

The (probably complicit) Bitfinex hack and China fake news are probably the Chinaman loading up his wagon with more cheap BTC from shorting. Now time to let it run (up) before the next shorting smash up manipulation.

All the way to test the ATH before 2017 ?

I doubt we'll get that much acceleration, but let's see what happens.

My intuition would lean rather to a pullback before ATH and a breather before reaching an ATH in 2017. But let's see how my reading of the tea leaves changes between now and then.

Let me add that we need to get past $750 first. That isn't certain yet, although looks likely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: