Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:01:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79918 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:57:10 PM

I was back to work yesterday. I will write more about that later.

Here is the big picture of why what we are doing is important and destined for great wealth...

I've read through the PM's & Collapse thread...

But iamnotback makes some great points, namely:

during ww2 gold was used because it already the backbone of the system, unlike now.

as long as infrastructure survives (indicating a financial system collapse) the internet & the speed at which solutions can be engineered outside of governmental avenues. and crypto is blooming, could soon be as ubiquitous as mobile phones. if crypto overcomes onramping obstacles it could serve as the path of least resistance ie stored & sent via mobile phones.

that a total financial system collapse could shove us into a dark age of food shortages (4 meal theory) and need for weapons. in isolated or war torn areas, are PM's more viable than food or ammo.

And incorporate the creative destruction aspect of Stage #5.

So clearly we see what is being created is the antithesis of the NWO, i.e. the decentralized society that is rising to become Stage #6.

This is why the goldbugs are entirely wrong. The NWO is going to take Universal Surveillance control over the tangible economy and destroy it. All tangible stores of wealth will die, and only the new decentralized forms of capital in the Knowledge Age will survive.

And unlike the Fall of the Western Roman Empire, this NWO will be geographically global. The frontier this time will not be geographical (i.e. no Byzantine Eastern Empire), but rather the decentrzalized online economy will be the release value and frontier that provides the way out of the creative destruction.

This is absolutely crucial to understand. And I as @AnonyMint have been explaining this since 2012 with my seminal essay in the Economic Devastation thread and then the various quotes since such as in 2014.

The only source of Marxism is the Jews, it does not originate from anywhere else.

The actual source is the power vacuum created by the natural requirement to concentrate fixed capital in the Industrial Age. The banksters just stepped into that natural power vacuum.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:15:46 AM

You seem to once again give me the impression you don't get it.
Coding complexity ?

Yup.. it's pretty much paramount.

BUT !

There is far more to making and getting a currency used then the coder with his head buried in the screen.
You seem to have tunnel vision on that one single aspect alone.

And many creations were simply an accident.. like recorded audio.

Shelby you are indeed smart and an asset to crypto i think but i wish you would pull out and see the bigger picture more and with less controversial conspiracy theories.

Like you think bitcoin itself is a conspiracy.
And i get the feeling you want to make a Bitcoin Killer to right this wrong and defeat the conspirators.
Have you given much thought to getting the new currency used ?
There seems to be one thing we are lacking in crypto.. adoption.
And that is not because of a lack of good code.
I would wager that would be because you have coders selling the product.
Or maybe assuming the product will sell itself.

Which goes hand in hand with the negatives.
Such as Anon shit, dark markets, ICO's etc.
Do you think the average person out there likes that crap ? If they did we'd know Wink

I think you have a huge uphill climb and it's not your health or even coding the coin.. it's ADOPTION.
Or are you not interested in average users ?

It's clearly not that hard to whip up a convoluted tech scheme here for profits if that is your goal.
And i will repeat the entire point is INITIAL Distribution.
So you can't launch an ICO or *partial ICO then claim to have created something better than Bitcoin.
I will NEVER work !

Far more to it than mathematical elliptical curves & shit man Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:25:22 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 01:08:27 PM by iamnotback

I should thank Spoetnik for raising some points that give me an opportunity to clarify some issues. But  I hope we don't get in any lengthy cat fights, because it distracts from real work.

Our work on altcoins is critically important for our survival as a human species. <--- PLEASE CLICK THAT LINK!!

You seem to once again give me the impression you don't get it.
Coding complexity ?

Yup.. it's pretty much paramount.

Open source is the solution. Given enough contributors, all complexity is shallow. The free market works it out.

For example, anything I might bring to the ecosystem, is my contribution to the ecosystem. The crypto ecosystem will digest it and decide whether my particular fork of the action is worthy of a leadership role, yet in either case my contribution will be absorbed into the collective knowledge of the ecosystem.

There is far more to making and getting a currency used then the coder with his head buried in the screen.
You seem to have tunnel vision on that one single aspect alone.

We need many focused experiments to end up with those which end up being useful.

Shelby you are indeed smart and an asset to crypto i think but i wish you would pull out and see the bigger picture more and with less controversial conspiracy theories.

Like you think bitcoin itself is a conspiracy.
And i get the feeling you want to make a Bitcoin Killer to right this wrong and defeat the conspirators.

My stance on Bitcoin is more nuanced than that.

It is very likely that Bitcoin was created by the DEEP STATE (the same one that is pulling the strings with Wikileaks that got Trump elected on purpose in order to blame the global collapse on the free market proponents) in order to force the destruction of the existing nation-state paper currencies in order to usher in a cashless society and their aims for a NWO.

They (Satoshi) clearly understood that the mining would become centralized and thus they would have complete control over the protocol.

However, I also believe that the scientists working for Rothschild et al, outsmarted their bosses. And I believe similar what the DARPA engineers did in the case of the WWW (see quote below) knew damn well that they were launching a decentralized experiment which would spawn better technologies which would displace Bitcoin and defeat the NWO plan.

The divergence point for this history is in 1983-1984, when the leadership of DARPA lied through its teeth to Congress about who was being allowed access to the Internet. The pretense being maintained was that only direct affiliates of government-sponsored, authorized research programs were being allowed on. DARPA knew very well this wasn’t true; they had a broader vision of where the Internet might lead, one that wouldn’t be realized for another ten years. They viewed the yeasty, chaotic culture of casual use by all manner of ‘randoms’ (unauthorized people including, at the time, me) as what would later be called a technology incubator – a vast Petri dish from which amazing serendipities would spring in due time.

This optimistic view was entirely correct.

I believe you can see that this entire thesis fits into a holistic understanding of our future per my prior post in this thread (and make sure you have clicked the links in that prior post!).

Spoetnik, what you need to understand is that the regulated world is the one that is destroying itself. Your call for regulation is merely the type of self-destruction we will see in Stage #5. <---- CLICK THIS LINK!!!

Of course that will not be evident to the masses (and you), because if it was, they wouldn't do it and destroy themselves. But instead you all will indeed support the NWO and the police state totalitarianism. It is well underway...

Have you given much thought to getting the new currency used ?
There seems to be one thing we are lacking in crypto.. adoption.

Extensive thought. This will be revealed soon.

I am still trying to get back up to speed. My energy level is about at 50% of normal (which means I am too sleepy 50% of the normal waking hours) and my mind has finally started (as of last night) to start programming in my sleep again. I had lost this cognitive function over the past couple of years. And during the first 2 - 3 weeks of my anti-TB treatment, my energy levels was at about 5 - 10% and I could barely do anything but eat and sleep (and no thinking in my sleep).

Yesterday was the first day that I did technical work since before I started treatment on Jan. 21. Yesterday I read 6 chapters of a math and programming book in about 2 hours. And did extensive technical reading and research on comparing Go and JavaScript (especially the concurrency model).

And that is not because of a lack of good code.
I would wager that would be because you have coders selling the product.
Or maybe assuming the product will sell itself.

Which goes hand in hand with the negatives.
Such as Anon shit, dark markets, ICO's etc.
Do you think the average person out there likes that crap ? If they did we'd know Wink

I agree there is a lot more hype than actual adoption (especially non-speculative adoption) of the altcoins.

Some level of hype is necessary to get some interest. I have a plan to achieve real adoption. Readers will just have to evaluate it when I reveal it. We can't discuss vaporware. And I will not try to refute your skepticism. You have every right to be skeptical and you might even end up being correct in the end in my case as well. All I can say, is I will be straight forward with the information at the appropriate time.

Note there is no ICO, there is nothing right now. So please hold your criticism until there is something to actually critique. Because bogging me down in cat fights won't help us get to the point where you can actually critique something that is announced.

I think you have a huge uphill climb...

I agree with that! I am not even 100% healthy yet. I have 27 more days of the intensive 4-drug antibiotics. Then after that 16 weeks of 2-drug regimen. But my energy level and digestion is gradually coming back towards normal now. And beyond the health, there are huge mountains to climb. Please don't add to my stress by reminding me. I just have to keep focus on climbing.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 08:51:28 AM

Open source is the solution. Given enough contributors, all complexity is shallow. The free market works it out.

For example, anything I might bring to the ecosystem, is my contribution to the ecosystem. The crypto ecosystem will digest it and decide whether my particular fork of the action is worthy of a leadership role, yet in either case my contribution will be absorbed into the collective knowledge of the ecosystem.

I can only applaud the clarity of that vision.

My stance on Bitcoin is more nuanced than that.

It is very likely that Bitcoin was created by the DEEP STATE (the same one that is pulling the strings with Wikileaks that got Trump elected on purpose in order to blame the global collapse on the free market proponents) in order to force the destruction of the existing nation-state paper currencies in order to usher in a cashless society and their aims for a NWO.

They (Satoshi) clearly understood that the mining would become centralized and thus they would have complete control over the protocol.

However, I also believe that the scientists working for Rothschild et al, outsmarted their bosses. And I believe similar what the DARPA engineers did in the case of the WWW (see quote below) knew damn well that they were launching a decentralized experiment which would spawn better technologies which would displace Bitcoin and defeat the NWO plan.

I'm not sure about whether Bitcoin was created by the deep state, but in any case, the one who did so, probably did them a service, but also opened pandora's box.  So whether or not it was someone on the payroll of deep state, doesn't, in the end, matter.

The fact that one cannot find who is Satoshi, talks for your hypothesis.  On the other hand, it could indeed be a very careful individual.  In the end, it doesn't matter.

Spoetnik, what you need to understand is that the regulated world is the one that is destroying itself. Your call for regulation is merely the type of self-destruction we will see in Stage #5. <---- CLICK THIS LINK!!!

Of course that will not be evident to the masses (and you), because if it was, they wouldn't do it and destroy themselves. But instead you all will indeed support the NWO and the police state totalitarianism. It is well underway...

Amen.

iamnotback

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:02:05 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 04:49:48 AM by iamnotback

I want to reiterate again how critically important our work on decentralization technology is:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495527.msg17900578#msg17900578

Eventually I will publish a well defined technological plan...
Jumanji7

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:34:24 AM

I want to reiterate again how critically important our work on decentralization technology is:

When will your coin be released?
alkan

Activity: 149
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:44:54 AM

I've recently published an article about decentralization and would love to hear your opinion on it:
https://hackernoon.com/decentralized-objective-consensus-without-proof-of-work-a983a0489f0a#.4w7fb6ona
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:28:09 AM

I am not against decentralization ..i am against people faking it.
I am not for laws but on the other hand society would collapse if it wasn't there.

You can't have some laws that benefit you and cast away the rest.
The financial regulations are there for a reason.
They funded the Multi-Trillion dollar US military force and paved roads.

Take away the laws and there will be garbage piled 100 feet high in the streets.
AKA: Marshall law.

The economy would have ALREADY collapsed had the US govt not put out bail-out packages etc years ago.
Which was CAUSED by a lack of regulations which was admitted by Greenspan.

That evil NWO you are talking about is the very reason you have a roof over your head and you are not flying the North Korean flag guys.

EDIT:

@Shelby
Here is a mind fuck for you Wink
What is NWO ?
Why did Trump get elected ?
Because he was not one of "them" the old evil politicians ?
So he's trying to implement a NEW WORLD ORDER ?
And you ..wouldn't know it ? Wink
uhhh ohhh  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:59:00 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 07:47:17 AM by iamnotback

Spoetnik you are describing the fact that the lack of top-down order is a power vacuum due to Coasian costs. I agree, but I want you to read the thread from the following quote forward to the third quote, because Coasian costs become compatible with higher levels of entropy as mankind progresses (credit @CoinCube with that conceptual discovery) and we are leaving the Stage #4 Industrial Age:

How many times have I told you both publicly and in private messages that top-down control doesn't mean there is only one top authority. A diversification of cults each with their own top-down control, is consistent. Never do we have in the universe a falsifiable example of a single top-down authority for any phenomenon. Even you noted that religions are not all the same.

The Coasian barrier of the need for concentration of fixed investment capital in the Industrial Age was the cause. Click the quoted thread below for more in depth analysis:

The only source of Marxism is the Jews, it does not originate from anywhere else.

The actual source is the power vacuum created by the natural requirement to concentrate fixed capital in the Industrial Age. The banksters just stepped into that natural power vacuum.

Yeah r0ach's white supremacists are going to get their wish to end complexity and go back to very low productivity of the Amish with horse drawn plows. A gun under every blade of grass will be entirely useless. Checkmate. (those guns will ultimately likely be turned on each other as the economic failure results in every white supremacist warlord for himself with Rothschild ROFLMAO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO5FKjWfb-Y (Btw, I can add numbers in my head MUCH faster than those two in the final although I've seen videos of geniuses who are faster than me, but I don't have Ainan's extreme memory.)

Well I am not sure if I don't have some unique memory capabilities. For example, I do seem to code in my head while sleeping and for example I fell asleep for 4 hours this afternoon (effects of the strong antibiotics) then woke up and was reciting everything I had written in my head earlier in the day, while laying in bed and realized I wanted to go to the computer to make the following edit:

That Nature journal is a controlled propaganda sourcegatekeeper.

Also I remember once (in my late 30s) I had written several hundred lines of code and lost it due to power outage or somehow mismanaging the backups or something, and I was able to rewrite the code nearly verbatim from memory as if I had a photographic memory (I could literally still see the code if I closed my eyes). But I think I remembered it because I remembered everything the code was doing conceptually.

I know I am not good at quickly memorizing sequential tones (there was a game Simon that other kids used to be better at than me). My memory seems to excel at remembering details in a conceptual context, e.g. the tones of Simon had no relevance for me to memorize them with.  That is why my reading comprehension tested very high (above 99th percentile), but the other aspects of my verbal abilities such as vocabulary was only in the high 80s to low 90s percentile.

I am an abstract concepts sponge. As I had described recently somewhere (see perhaps the first thread that was quoted), as a very young child I always wanted to understand how everything worked conceptually.

Note during the TB illness (and even now while under treatment) I have been so low on energy at times which causes discombobulated delirium thought processes (as if the signals in my brain are crossed and short-circuited and all I get out is noise and words and sentence fragments reverberate and get all mixed up), such that my intellect (and emotional state) has been severely hampered and perturbed. I am very interested to see if it all comes back as I complete the treatment.

I've recently published an article about decentralization and would love to hear your opinion on it:
https://hackernoon.com/decentralized-objective-consensus-without-proof-of-work-a983a0489f0a#.4w7fb6ona

Hey alkan, thanks for trying to update me on your progress but my (detailed technical) cognitive energy is very limited right now and my priorities are now on implementation and so I don't have time to go digging in long documents to understand every person's conceptual ideas. Any tl;dr? Preferably a long technical document should start with a short abstract summarizing the conceptual contents.

When will your coin be released?

No ETA for anything yet, as I am still trying to determine when I will be back up to full speed cognitively. I am still climbing out of a hole and am not yet juggling all the balls.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:16:42 PM

I hope that the recovery is a success and so is the coin. Im sick of not being rich, my head hurts all day, and one of my eyes is always a bit blurry, I also have eye floaters on this same eye. I cannot focus on doing any job that requires starting into a computer, and im not even high IQ so im not bright enough to code anything remarkable, so all I can do is browse all day and read about investing opportunities so I can at least make enough money to live off passive income. I only need another property so I don't need to work. I don't even want a lambo lifestyle, just be able to not worry about paying bills (even tho the lambo would be cool im not going to lie)

So I browse all day looking for opportunities. Byteball looks good, but im worried that since they are giving away basically free GBYTE, investors will dump.

Pascalcoin already peaked in a pretty big pump, I may consider entering once it finally stabilizes. I think it's starting to look like a good entry point for the next pump:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/pascal-coin/

of course there is always the possibility of continued stagnation tho...

anyway I hope you can eventually deliver something gamechanging and hopefully the market will respond accordingly (making rich the early investors). I will never rest until I somehow make it and I hope this is the one.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:01:04 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 10:17:48 PM by iamnotback

Im sick of not being rich, my head hurts all day, and one of my eyes is always a bit blurry, I also have eye floaters on this same eye. I cannot focus on doing any job that requires starting into a computer

Specifically for the eyes, I highly recommend you supplement daily with Lutein and Bilberry extract. A very inexpensive and good brand you can order from the USA is Puritan's Pride HerbaVision with Lutein, which is what I've been taking to successfully treat my blurred vision. I got immediate relief.

I also installed the Redshift utility to remove excessive blue light from my display.

In general it sounds like you might have some sort of chronic infection and/or you may have a toxic diet high in HFCS and probably low in beef (beef has many vitamins). Eat T-bone steaks instead the manufactured Frankenfood you've presumably been eating.

anyway I hope you can eventually deliver something gamechanging and hopefully the market will respond accordingly (making rich the early investors). I will never rest until I somehow make it and I hope this is the one.

There are many factors involved and I don't know if any developer can promise to juggle and excel at all of them.

I do expect to develop something very important, assuming my health is indeed cured. I am still getting fatigue about 50% of the waking hours, so I am not yet totally back up to speed and my confidence is a bit shaken by how fast everything is changing in our ecosystem and the global economy and how I've been bogged down in sleeping and taking antibiotics. But today I did write some technical information. And I will be sharing a link to that later if I complete some other work on that. But I really need to be moving at a much faster pace, so I am counting down the days remaining on the intensive treatment phase (25 more days as of this morning's dose...2am here where I am), while trying to ramp up work even during these 25 remaining days of fatigue (apparently primarily from the Ethambutol).

Quote from: Wikipedia for Ethambutol
Common side effect include problems with vision, joint pain, nausea, headaches, and feeling tired.

I sort of "helicopter perspective high-level" described my solution recently:

The money supply will always be power-law or exponentially distributed for any resource. I document this claim with some references in my whitepaper.

What my design posits to do is maintain the consensus algorithm decentralized regardless. They key is finding a way to eliminate a Sybil attack without relying on a resource that becomes centralized. And to remove advantages due to economies-of-scale in the economics that impact the consensus algorithm and its long-term stability. I believe I have achieved it theoretically via separation-of-concerns. In other words, I slice-and-dice the responsibilities for achieving consensus such that no party has economy-of-scale incentives. I do this with a feedback mechanism, which I view as analogous to Byzantine fault detection. The design needs peer review, so assume a flaw may be found.

When increasing the scale of systems, we should also increase their decentralization. That is the only way phenomenon can scale.

I agree about the lack of a price floor though. Industrial demand gives metals a price floor cryptocurrency lacks.

I posit this will be the transactional demand that will develop because crypto-currency is the only way possible to exchange value (and other things such as data, blockchains are not just for money exchange) globally that is supranational, decentralized, and occurs at the speed-of-light. The Internet gave us decentralized networking, but it did nothing to decentralize the data persistence and coordination issue. Blockchains do.

This is why I have argued for a bifurcation, because it is impossible for the world government's SDRs fiat to provide those capabilities.

Software (more generally knowledge) ecosystems do not invest in closed source, i.e. centralized paradigms. We all invest in the Internet, because we know nobody controls it.

Note those possible attributes are not yet perfected in any published technology (e.g. Bitcoin), but I claim they are theoretically perfected in some technology I have written down and am just awaiting my treatment so I can get back to being a programmer as I was before I was infected.

P.S. my doctors have discovered that I have a curable infection (most certainly had this infection since 2012 or before). It is not yet certain if that infection is (active and is) the cause of my current symptoms, but I think it is.

Actually at the start the money supply in my design is expanding. As it matures, the money supply can begin contracting.

I contrasted with PoS and PoW:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1744718.msg17558554#msg17558554

What interest me is the role bitcoin plays in improving the signalling mechanism of money.

Gold couldn't play that role very well because it didn't pay any income (although Armstrong claims he was the first to teach the Arabs how to lease gold), so it doesn't make sense to hold it until you think sovereign bonds will collapse, i.e. gold is only a hedge against collapse. So it doesn't signal until too late (and we can overshoot into MadMax).

Whereas, the crypto-currency I am going to offer (not only fixes Bitcoins problems) but it also has perpetual deflation (the money supply is forever asymptotically shrinking), thus it will provide the signaling you aim for. I am not making this up now, as this was already in my white paper which is already recorded online.

Now you might be getting closer to appreciating my bifurcation thesis.

Edit: in case this wasn't obvious, a few % a year of deflation (i.e. investment income for the holder) is a reasonable signaling option against a usury system that is dying, yet is not going to prevent someone from investing in the Knowledge Age which is growing at very high rates. The bifurcation thesis has many details to it.  Wink

Also the deflation of the money supply is probably even outweighed by the growth of the Knowledge Age and thus the increasing market value of the crypto-currency.

I really don't think we will achieve any panaceas of Utopias. More important is what the Knowledge Age can do to advance the maximum division-of-labor which is naturally destructive to finance.

You apparently myopically presume that the only purpose of decentralization technology is to enable illegal activities and defection from the aims of a well functioning society. The Internet is decentralization technology. Hello? Do you even understand that the base protocols of the Internet are decentralized.

Do you think blockchains are only about creating crypto-currency? Stay tuned...

And do you think crypto-currency only useful for subversion and investment and not for enabling production that aids a well functioning society that can't be done with the existing monetary systems. Again stay tuned...

Edit: I think one of CoinCube's points is that anonymity is incompatible with the world moving towards global surveillance as part of the lurch towards transparency as collectivism (carrying along with it the usurious monetary system) tries to become more righteous, especially with Asia (Singapore model) leading the way.

I believe CoinCube may be thinking that if crypto-currency enables untraceable cash, then the governments will join together to ban it.

I think they can do this for the crypto-currency that is used by the masses (presuming the masses agree that transparency is desired over privacy which is not a certainty), but I think they can't technically do this for every altcoin. One of the keys to that though is decentralizing the blockchain and putting the control in the hands of the users. No one has yet shown such a technology (but I have something).

In any case, I don't think the lack of anonymity will impact whether a bifurcation is possible, per my prior post. Note the decentralization of the blockchain is necessary for other reasons of scaling and network effects, not just for enabling robust anonymity. So the anonymity aspect is a red-herring.

I am glad I could clarify my writings for you. I didn't ever intend to imply that the shift must necessarily be monolithic. However, I probably at the time I wrote that essay several years ago, did not yet see how the economics could possibly bifurcate as I didn't understand crypto-currencies and blockchains yet.

Also the anonymity issue is a red-herring. As I have stated recently, until there is a 666 global world government identification number, it is simply impossible for the governments to regulate/tax trillions of globalized, cross-border crypto-currency microtransactions per year. So anonymity isn't a necessary element for the bifurcation to proceed. The governments don't have the resources and technical capabilities to effectively tax and regulate trillions of $0.0001 transactions that cross borders. As for the larger players, they will use tax jurisdictions (thus they aren't breaking the law) and anonymity to raise the costs of government to even know who they are (and if you have millions of $millionaires doing this then it becomes too costly for government to track).

The Chinese have a culture of hidden defection (don't raise your head too high above the poppy seeds). Thus they will go along with the Singapore model, while circumventing it in sneaky hidden ways. That is the way their culture works because their public face is not the same as their private face ("saving face" in public). In essence they are being fake in public, but this is also real for them, i.e. my understanding is they believe the public result is very important (and what they accomplish privately is okay as long as the public result is always improving). Some Chinese (perhaps even many or most) may even try to match their private actions to their public ones, yet there would be significant numbers who don't. Notice how periodically there are major public uproars in Asian countries about corruption of high ranked officials, and they resign or are forced out in shame. It is as if the Asians are aghast that their overlords are not also following the same culture. In Singapore, it seems the corruption is probably tied up in the determination of and then gaming of the myriad of subsidies and tax benefits for certain industries and investments. Of course if you are a doctor it would behove you to migrate to Singapore, since the government is mandating that the citizens save 20% for medical care, so the medical system is poised to grow. Which is wonderful for me that there is a high quality medical system nearby.

The statists are going to double-down on more government, but nature will not be denied an escape valve. As always... (e.g. even iin the Dark Middle Ages, the economics escaped to the East)

NEVER listen to a Monero shill.. you will go broke  Cry

As usual, you are ruining some good points by going too far off into hyperbole.

Investors in Monero (at the liftoff point when I wrote to buy it, after the initial nosebleed bubble ostensibly caused by Risto) have done very well.

However, presuming that Monero guarantees your untraceability from the authorities is not going to end well for those dumb enough to believe that.

The technical reasons have been covered ad nauseum in the past by myself:

* Sybil attacks on anonymity sets
* Meta data correlation (such as IP address and browser fingerprints, etc)
* Combinatorial unmasking of anonymity sets (I had to fight with both @smooth and Shen-noether about this)
* Rubber hoses (even against those you transacted with)

But you make a good point. Polo is a single point of failure. Hint Hint...Bitsquare.io

* On/off ramps

Essentially I don't see crypto-currency's killer feature to replace what we already do with fiat paradigms. I rather see it opening up new capabilities that we can't do with existing fiat based, centralized systems.

CoinCube says the monetary systems can't bifurcate:

Thus what ever the cause of Leftism, I view it as a diseased religion that is on its deathbed as it culls itself because knowledge and technology are ready to move forward out of the Industrial usurious (high concentration of fixed capital) Age into a maximum division-of-labor (highly diversified annealing, low concentration of capital) Knowledge Age.

If the fundamental driver of leftism is usury then a decline in leftism is unlikely to proceed a decline in usury.

To reiterate, my thesis is that the economy may be bifurcating:

Yes, I disagree with the bifurcation part of your thesis.

On what rational grounds?

How is the usurious system placing any limits on growth of the Knowledge Age? Sorry I don't see it. I see it accelerating everyday.

Humans are not driven primarily by money but by their passions. That is why the monetary systems can diverge. The usurious system provides their tangible needs. The knowledge age feeds their passions.

I think you aren't aware of the revolution that 160 IQ genius Eric Raymond wrote about, helped drive, and well underway?

http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/magic-cauldron/magic-cauldron.html

Familiarize yourself with a gift culture and how it is orthogonal to physical needs.

Also the knowledge age is global and instantaneous already, but the usurious financial systems can't provide all functionality required. So this can be another reason for bifurcation. The Knowledge Age is already under way and can't wait for the decades it will take for a world government and some world currency unit that has a central bank controlling it so can be fractionally reserve debased (necessary for usury).

Apologies I've been suffering a bad GI infection past few days so my attention span was quite limited. I didn't see your reply.

TOR and I2P can be subverted by national security agencies (don't ask me to rehash the details of this as I already had these discussions long ago in the context of Monero and anonymity). Bottom line is that if a government wants to pinpoint an individual, they have the resources to do so. Again I repeat, Centralization is always the weak point.

Please read my prior post just above yours. Understand how the pathetic Apaches defeated the mighty Spanish.

Also it isn't just that the whales can be targeted by the authorities, but the whales themselves ruin the ecosystem. Only decentralized systems can scale. This is why open source trumps closed source. Who would invest in an ecosystem controlled by individuals.

Imagine if the underlying Internet protocols such as TCP/IP were controlled by whales.

[discussion of the mind control and hedonism of Internet addiction]

We can look at that as a market opportunity instead of as a destined failure:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.msg17529904#msg17529904

If you view the links I provided for Internet addiction in above quoted post, you will see that a driver is the lack of feeling of control or empowerment that Internet addiction soothes.

I have been following you for years with much interest, I post very little.  How to you plan to stablize the price of your coin?   I realize that the market will ultimatly decide the value of a coin but for mass adoption I believe you will need some measure of stability, even if it means a slow and steady increase in the value of your work.
  It seems most people will not 'mass adopt' unless there is some level of stability.

I visualize a mass adoption wherein the users are watching their balances grow continuously and thus they are not concerned about volatility because they are invested in the paradigm.

They are involved because they love the concept and what it provides for giving them more freedom to do various endeavors on the Internet. Do people use Facebook because the price might go up or down?

We can't successfully approach crypto-currency as a checking account. That will never happen. See my prior post about my bifurcation thesis.

Crypto-currency will serve a fledgling niche that can't be served by fiat. Why? Because fiat can't be spent globally in a millisecond to a microtransaction. There are billions of people who don't have a credit card or who wouldn't even hassle with entering their credit card number for some microtransactions. Onboarding is a key concept (millions or billions of them won't be buying the crypto-currency for these micropayments). The larger the ecosystem, the more demand for the crypto-currency, thus the price increases.

Thank you for all your inputs.  These are the differing ideas that I wanted to hear(who is correct only the future will tell).  Some very good points were brought up, my Idea of "mass adoption" equated to "mass use"...which was faulty.  I now have a better understanding of what crypto might achieve,

peace,
D

I was suffering a very bad GI infection when I wrote my prior posts, so I wasn't able to think or articulate well.

I think mass adoption is about enabling more software developers and users to find new ways of earning money and increasing their collective knowledge/experience (trading) that can't be done with the existing paradigms of payment systems and centralized databases.

The paradigm/system must be an open ecosystem and decentralized, analogous to the Internet itself.

And combining that with an onboarding mechanism that symbiotically drives it.

The blockchain technology must have certain performance and decentralization attributes in order to make this plausible. For example, we need sub-second transactions (both monetary and other blockchain events) and unbounded scalability.

Steem(it) had some of my ideas incorporated and I also gained some insight/ideas from that experiment. But I think some of the details of Steem are lacking.

Essentially I don't see crypto-currency's killer feature to replace what we already do with fiat paradigms. I rather see it opening up new capabilities that we can't do with existing fiat based, centralized systems. However, I am not intending to disparage any other project's differing strategy or perspective. Decentralized experimentation is good, per the Apache versus Spanish story I linked above.

We all know that essentially the only way to monetize these days is advertising. But advertising is only worth about at best $1 per CPM, thus less than $0.001 per page view.

An economy is about trade. There are billions of creative people out there who would feel a lot better about themselves if they were trading instead of being Facebook zombies (see quote below). The transition from the one-way media of TV to interactive media of the Internet was more engaging, decentralized, and thus more valuable to the viewers/users. But still the users are basically powerless in the economic system and configurations of the Internet, i.e. the economic system and configurations of the Internet is up to now still more of a one-way action analogous to the TV era. Let's disrupt that and create another revolution.

Essentially Google's business model has to die. And they know it. They are trying to diversify into products, but that is not the solution. The solution is disrupt Google.

More details about what I have in mind should hopefully be forthcoming. As much as possible I want the project to be adaptable to decentralized improvements, analogous to how HTTP sits on top of TCP/IP. I am designing a base protocol and the world has to innovate on top of it if I am correct. Also I need to adjust to feedback and learn as I proceed.

We need an initial kickstart feature to drive it.

Also what reasoning do you apply to put Hedonism in Cycle #6 and not #5?

Seems to me the hedonism will head for a peak as the Marxist crap heads for a peak in Cycle #5 because it is the Marxist crap that finances wide-scale hedonism.

Hedonism as a mechanism of mass control is not yet ready for prime time. Much like most of us are not yet ready to be knowledge workers. Both of these are coming but not quite yet. The links below highlight some of my thinking on the upcoming power of hedonism.

At war with World of Warcraft: an addict tells his story
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/aug/29/world-of-warcraft-video-game-addict
At the height of his addiction Ryan van Cleave had little time for his real life. World of Warcraft, a video game, had crowded out everything: his wife and children, his job as a university English professor.

Living inside World of Warcraft (WoW) seemed preferable to the drudgery of everyday life... "Playing WoW makes me feel godlike," Van Cleave wrote. "I have ultimate control and can do what I want with few real repercussions. The real world makes me feel impotent
Kids turn violent as parents battle ‘digital heroin’ addiction
http://nypost.com/2016/12/17/kids-turn-violent-as-parents-battle-digital-heroin-addiction/
“He would refuse to do anything unless I would let him play his game,” she said. Barbara, who had discarded her TV 25 years ago, made the mistake of using the game as a bargaining tool.

When she tried to take his computer away, he attacked her “with a dazed look on his face — his eyes were not his.” She called the police. Shocked, they asked if the 9-year-old was on drugs.
Virtual reality is coming to sex, sports and Facebook
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/03/27/virtual-reality-oculus-rift-facebook-vr-will-be-everywhere/70547882/
VR now is poised not only to challenge reality's stranglehold on the way we engage with life, but possibly even eclipse it for sheer thrills.

Gaming. Concerts. Family reunions. Sporting events. Even sex – all of it will be experienced in a hyper-real fashion and with a commonness that technologists predict will rival our incessant smartphone use today.

“'VR has been around for decades, but it will stick this time.'” - Todd Richmond, USC
Then there is the whole robot 'girlfriend' thing
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/first-interactive-robot-girlfriend-china-7800073
China has unveiled its first interactive robot - which can chat away to humans and even take orders from iCloud.

When the researcher says "hello" to the robot, she replies: "Yes, my lord, what can I do for you."
When asked to "please wave your hand" she does just that, much to the astonishment of those watching.
Her developers say she is programmed to match human facial expressions, body and mouth movements.

Hedonism will probably be the primary mechanism of social control but not quite yet its time is coming.  
The surveillance state by contrast is more or less ready to take off now.

First comes Orwell [surveillance state] then Huxley [the blue pill].

Ah I see you are employing the definition of hedonism to a wider scope than I was contemplating. I of course already concurred with the blue pill future:

https://steemit.com/society/@anonymint/the-red-pill-blue-pill-election-nyc-slumlord-vs-globalists

I was thinking of the peaking of sexual liberalism which seems to me is financed by socialism so I was thinking that as socialism peaked, sexual liberalism (e.g. feminism, rampant birth control, etc) would lose its financial support:

Are you sure that such control is that far into the future? Had you not heard on the recent Pokemon Go phenomenon?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3693814/Chaos-Central-Park-gamers-leap-cars-leave-engines-running-catch-rare-POKEMON.html

Internet addiction is another drug escape, and potentially capable of creating much more controllable zombies:

http://www.techaddiction.ca/internet_addiction_statistics.html
http://www.techaddiction.ca/video_game_addiction_statistics.html
alkan

Activity: 149
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:32:34 PM

Hey alkan, thanks for trying to update me on your progress but my (detailed technical) cognitive energy is very limited right now and my priorities are now on implementation and so I don't have time to go digging in long documents to understand every person's conceptual ideas. Any tl;dr? Preferably a long technical document should start with a short abstract summarizing the conceptual contents.
Hey iamnotback, you're absolutely right that I should have started my article with an abstract (I'm going to add one soon).
In the meantime, feel free to read my short introduction post here to get the gist of the article:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782870.msg17781997#msg17781997

Here's a post about my concept made by Phil Raymond:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/distributed-objective-consensus-beyond-pow-pos-phil-raymond

iamnotback

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:28:41 PM

In the meantime, feel free to read my short introduction post here to get the gist of the article:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782870.msg17781997#msg17781997

Sorry I don't think you've achieved anything:

The general idea is to have special accounts (minter accounts) as a second token. In contrast to regular accounts which can be created for free, a minter account pays out interests on its current balance. These accounts cannot be created at will, but are given to the minters who successfully build blocks. Such “child” accounts, having a market value, can then be sold to new owners. As the interests are paid to every minter account (not just the one that creates the block), a single entity has no incentive to own more than one account, while the trade with existing accounts is strongly disincentivized.

The blockchain is exclusively built by the owners of minter accounts whose number will grow over time. As a consequence, the consensus gets increasingly decentralized and secure. A 51% attacker would not only have to pay a lot of money to get enough accounts, but he would also need to spend a lot of time (in fact, he would have to keep buying child accounts for a period of time corresponding to the current age of the blockchain).

Your assumptions about any second token not becoming centralized are incorrect.

Sorry you are wasting your time because of the inviolable bolded sentence below, otherwise stated as any resource will always become power-law or exponentially distributed:

The money supply will always be power-law or exponentially distributed for any resource. I document this claim with some references in my whitepaper.

What my design posits to do is maintain the consensus algorithm decentralized regardless. They key is finding a way to eliminate a Sybil attack without relying on a resource that becomes centralized. And to remove advantages due to economies-of-scale in the economics that impact the consensus algorithm and its long-term stability. I believe I have achieved it theoretically via separation-of-concerns. In other words, I slice-and-dice the responsibilities for achieving consensus such that no party has economy-of-scale incentives. I do this with a feedback mechanism, which I view as analogous to Byzantine fault detection. The design needs peer review, so assume a flaw may be found.

Please keep your replies on your design in your thread, not here.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:20:41 PM

Hmmm...I wonder if @iamnotback really has something unique up his sleeve?
iamnotback

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 09:57:48 PM

How to not design a Bitcoin killer.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:29:53 PM

How to design a Bitcoin killer.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 09:51:38 AM

I am doing a little bit of technical work but frankly I have delirium while I am writing:

https://github.com/keean/zenscript/issues/17#issuecomment-280900711

Three consecutive posts were collectively very funny:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703300.msg17906350#msg17906350

The meds are still making me quite fatigued. 24 more days to go on the 4 antibiotics. I think it is the Ethambutol that is making me so tired, as it is listed on Wikipedia as one of of the common side effects. I feel so fatigued that I can't concentrate well enough to do any sustained mental activity, such as actually loading up a lot of concepts in my head and code around those concepts. I can barely still write a sentence without having typos. This is very frustrating because time is slipping away and my finances will be getting precarious soon. I haven't sold any of the BTC yet (from most recent angel investors who financed my medical trip to Singapore), but will need to this week because the bills have piled up. I am desperately trying to work, but I find I really should just sleep all the time (productivity is very low when trying to work). I've had some bursts of energy but not consistent. I did run 2X today for a total of 3.5 kms and 4 x 80m sprints (I haven't had much energy to run or do any exercise since I started treatment Jan. 21). I can say that my abdominal pain is very muted. I only felt something very, very slight on the sprints not during the 2.5 km run at all. So my body is definitely being cured, but these antibiotics are so exhausting. 24 more days, but I need to work now. After 24 days, I stop the Ethambutol and Pyrazinamide, and continue only the Isonazid and Rifampicin for 18 more weeks. I sure hope the change to the 2 antibiotics regimen in March will give me back my normal energy level.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:34:08 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 11:44:44 AM by vapourminer

glad youre feeling a bit better.

when on massive antibiotics taking probiotics can sometimes help with your guts functioning..

btw if this is your volume of typing while under the weather.. well i cant help but wonder what kind of keyboard you use when youre fully up to speed.. is your plank water cooled by any chance? or do you just replace em when the keycaps melt off from the friction?

anyway looking foreword to more info on your project, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:00:35 PM

when on massive antibiotics taking probiotics can sometimes help with your guts functioning..

Ethambutol is not like a typical antibiotic you have taken. Read up on it. My digestion is functioning very well by now. The anti-TB drugs are very toxic and for example they deplete the body of b vitamins causing neuropathy. So they mess up the energy level and the brain. I take a b complex supplement, but this doesn't entirely counteract the toxic effects.

My intellect is still there, but I can't keep it turned on for any length of time. I often lack the energy to get my memory turned on and lose memory of something specific that I can vaguely remember that I know but can't pull out its name from memory. Ditto technological facts I know I know. Even often when I am writing a sentence, I don't have the energy to keep my eyes focused on what I am writing and I lose consciousness of what I am writing (sort of like coming in and out of consciousness or focus sporadically every few seconds). The energy just isn't there to keep up normal function. I need to go lay down and go into dreamland most of the time.

Right at this moment, I am charged with a burst of energy because I was just watching a boxing video. But I will energy crash after my adrenalin rush subsides.

I should be okay after I stop the meds, hopefully in 24 days after stopping the two most toxic of the 4 drugs.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:15:25 PM

Ethambutol is not like a typical antibiotic you have taken. Read up on it.

my mistake, just read up on it. pretty potent stuff. im sure the side effects suck a lot. it will be worth it when you come out the other side well.

when i was laid up for a year with a broken back (now fused with 90% of my mobility back) i had a nook (the original e-ink one that the display looks like paper), an ancient (even by the standards of the day) notebook and plenty of real books by the bedside. friends hit the library every few days for me for books as well as bringing food and companionship.

body may of been wrecked but i at least didnt want my mind to atrophy too. hence, no TV for me, not that there was much worth watching then (or even now unless you count the science and history channels).

incidentally my cat loved me being in bed for months on end except for the hour walks i needed to take several times a day. curled up by my neck and slept more or less continuously. never saw a cat sleep so much in my life Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: