Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:22:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNSOLVED] WEX.NZ REFUSING TO UNLOCK MY ACCOUNT (thousands of dollars)  (Read 14473 times)
bit79

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:24:16 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 10:36:21 PM by bit79

That's not money laundering if he uses the same bank account he used before... That's basic exchange functionality? Say BTC-E used to receive fiat from his bank account 1234 at bank XXX under the name of John Smith.

Stevn009 could use this bank account again to prove his identity, and/or ask BTC-E to withdraw his balance to that bank account? If he has used it with BTC-E before, and it is the same bank account.

That's also how many other websites assert the true identity of bank account/credit card owners. (like PayPal, they send a few cents to your bank account and then they ask you to confirm how much you received to prove you are the real account owner)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
krack-r

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:06:06 AM

That's not money laundering if he uses the same bank account he used before... That's basic exchange functionality? Say BTC-E used to receive fiat from his bank account 1234 at bank XXX under the name of John Smith.

Stevn009 could use this bank account again to prove his identity, and/or ask BTC-E to withdraw his balance to that bank account? If he has used it with BTC-E before, and it is the same bank account.

That's also how many other websites assert the true identity of bank account/credit card owners. (like PayPal, they send a few cents to your bank account and then they ask you to confirm how much you received to prove you are the real account owner)

he has to exchange the bitcoin to fiat first
and to do that he has to prove his identity
we'll see
if he does nothing from this point on - then this is a sign that the guy is unable to prove his identity
no need for further spam

My Vanity address - 1KrackryDQCJTm8R21uUzrPXJTUpgMudin
paxful profile - https://paxful.com/user/krack-r
Steven009 (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:18:07 AM

we'll see
if he does nothing from this point on - then this is a sign that the guy is unable to prove his identity
no need for further spam

I've said this but I'll say it again: I'm waiting for @btc-e.com to come here and say they require a hard-copy of my passport. I also want them to send me their "Moscow's Office" address.

*Image Removed*
krack-r

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:11:42 AM

we'll see
no need for further spam

I've said this but I'll say it again: I'm waiting for @btc-e.com to come here and say they require a hard-copy of my passport. I also want them to send me their "Moscow's Office" address.

Just ask them through here - https://support.btc-e1.com/ and end this already. Tell them - I will send you a notarized hard copy of my passport over regular mail, would that be enough to prove my identity? If so - please provide a shipping address.
You're acting as if you don't care about the coins. That's what's making your claims look suspicious.
BTC-e won't be coming here, because you have to show initiative.
This could have ended weeks ago.

Steven009 (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 01:15:26 AM

Just ask them through here - https://support.btc-e1.com/ and end this already. Tell them - I will send you a notarized hard copy of my passport over regular mail, would that be enough to prove my identity? If so - please provide a shipping address.
You're acting as if you don't care about the coins. That's what's making your claims look suspicious.

@Krack-r, it's more than obvious now that I've already sent them a ticket regarding such issue. They have not replied since 30/01, they went completely cold with this. If I wasn't interested about my own money, I would've ignored this ages ago. But it got so ridiculous that I had to bring this public.

*Image Removed*
krack-r

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:58:11 AM

@Krack-r, it's more than obvious now that I've already sent them a ticket regarding such issue. They have not replied since 30/01, they went completely cold with this. If I wasn't interested about my own money, I would've ignored this ages ago. But it got so ridiculous that I had to bring this public.

try their icq and email as well if they don't reply, you could try sending a letter with an explanation and the notarized document to their hq address
someone has posted a screenshot with it somewhere in the topic

sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:02:00 AM

[...] try sending a letter with an explanation and the notarized document to their hq address

I would strongly advice against sending any notarized documents to an address "someone has posted a screenshot with it somewhere" on the interwebz...  Lips sealed

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 11:58:06 AM

try their icq and email as well if they don't reply, you could try sending a letter with an explanation and the notarized document to their hq address

Are you completely mad? Tell your puppetmasters to respond to support tickets and stop spreading this stupid shit.
krack-r

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 03:50:33 PM

@suchmoon

Dude,  Cheesy I don't have puppet masters.
I am in no way affiliated to btc-e.
cryptodevil - his defender - has provided the address.

bolinao

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:23:27 PM

It's blatantly obvious who are the scammers here, @btc-e.com now refuse to answer any of his emails and also have stopped responding to this thread.

and how anyone could defend them is beyond me.

Donate: 35o4ZzUNr1oEKYyhoBW8MgfgTWsrm5YLaw  thanks
krack-r

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:11:47 AM

It's blatantly obvious who are the scammers here, @btc-e.com now refuse to answer any of his emails and also have stopped responding to this thread.

what's beyond me is you defending a guy who has no proof that he actually owns the account
if he had a shred of viable evidence - good
waiting 13 months and providing shitty, edited screenshots with wiped out email addresses is very shady
especially when it comes to half a million dollars worth of bitcoin

bolinao

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:39:19 AM

what's beyond me is you defending a guy who has no proof that he actually owns the account
waiting 13 months and providing shitty, edited screenshots with wiped out email addresses is very shady

Well I am not actually defending him, what I am saying is that your puppermasters are not helping the situation by not responding to his tickets and by stop posting here, they are acting like typical scammers.

Not sure why you keep saying "waiting 13 months" when you have been proven wrong on this point ?

Donate: 35o4ZzUNr1oEKYyhoBW8MgfgTWsrm5YLaw  thanks
krack-r

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:45:11 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2017, 12:43:16 PM by krack-r

Well I am not actually defending him, what I am saying is that your puppermasters are not helping the situation by not responding to his tickets and by stop posting here, they are acting like typical scammers.

Not sure why you keep saying "waiting 13 months" when you have been proven wrong on this point ?

u kiddin?
sending emails is not chasing half a mil
if that's a small amount of money to you it's not to anyone else
i'd be on an airplane within 1 hour after that happens

And again - the guy has no viable proof other than his word
by this logic - I claim all forgotten accounts on BTCe, Kraken and Bitstamp - I don't have the original mailboxes, phone numbers, wallets and I've changed the emails to all

BTW: Google doesn't delete accounts. One has to prove their identity to reinstate an account in google.
Ask their support if you don't trust me. And why would the guy change the account's email?
Explain that.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:23:03 AM

I've already sent them a ticket regarding such issue. They have not replied since 30/01, they went completely cold with this.

Steven, if they've closed that ticket, which may be the case, can you open a new one and then post the ticket number here?

That way we might be able to more easily use it as reference when trying to push them into actually resolving it instead of them lazily regurgitating the same speculative accusations we saw from Krackhead. If there is evidence showing Steven is not the same person as shown on the identity documents they have on records for those funds, then it is unacceptable for them to merely accuse him of wrongdoing without actually presenting supporting evidence to prove it.

The more they ignore this and choose to only revert to unfounded accusations, the more suspicious their continued failure to resolve this extremely-overdue issue is.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
krack-r

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:00:53 PM

I've already sent them a ticket regarding such issue. They have not replied since 30/01, they went completely cold with this.

Steven, if they've closed that ticket, which may be the case, can you open a new one and then post the ticket number here?

That way we might be able to more easily use it as reference when trying to push them into actually resolving it instead of them lazily regurgitating the same speculative accusations we saw from Krackhead. If there is evidence showing Steven is not the same person as shown on the identity documents they have on records for those funds, then it is unacceptable for them to merely accuse him of wrongdoing without actually presenting supporting evidence to prove it.

The more they ignore this and choose to only revert to unfounded accusations, the more suspicious their continued failure to resolve this extremely-overdue issue is.

You're one of those Social Justice Warriors, right? You defend the poor from the Evil Rich. Well in this case this is very strange, because you don't have a leg to stand on!

...it is unacceptable for them to merely accuse him of wrongdoing without actually presenting supporting evidence to prove it...
ya kiddn - ir's very acceptable, because the one not showing viable proof is Steven009
he could reinstate both Gmail and Skype
the claim that he's incapable of doing that also supports my claim
and those are the easiest ways, since they're electronic and take no time to do!

There is absolutely no reason to believe this guy. And your vicious and aggressive replies only support my claims.

And BTW: you never replied as to how much did he offer you in order to defend him???

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:08:50 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 06:25:07 PM by sbogovac

[...] And BTW: you never replied as to how much did he offer you in order to defend him???

Dude, you're threading on thin ice here. Let's see, who's more respected/trusted here: the one being "Legendary" with a +45 trust score, or the other one who's a "full member" with a -2 trust rating...?

Anyway: watch it with the unfounded accusations...

On the other hand I must say that I find Steven's story less probable with each passing day. All electronic verifications are not possible for one reason or the other. And the passport picture - as said by others - is easily fakeable... don't know, but I've been doing business with BTC-e for years now, without any issues...

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:07:07 AM

[...] And BTW: you never replied as to how much did he offer you in order to defend him???

Dude, you're threading on thin ice here. Let's see, who's more respected/trusted here: the one being "Legendary" with a +45 trust score, or the other one who's a "full member" with a -2 trust rating...?

Don't worry about it, I've had Krackhead on 'ignore' ever since it became apparent he was persisting with repeatedly posting the same false 'facts' which Steven had already corrected him on. He's either part of BTC-E's strategy for discrediting Steven or he's just another tweaker asshole incapable of thinking straight. Either way he's not helping or helpful to the task of getting BTC-E to properly resolving this situation.

On the other hand I must say that I find Steven's story less probable with each passing day. All electronic verifications are not possible for one reason or the other. And the passport picture - as said by others - is easily fakeable... don't know, but I've been doing business with BTC-e for years now, without any issues...

It is fair enough to say that you find Steven's story 'less probable', but BTC-E have the ID documentation of the account owner on file and Steven has emailed them scans of his notarised ID documents which he is also willing to courier in hard-copy to them if they'd actually provide a serviceable address for delivery. Hell, they even told him he'd need to visit their offices in Moscow to prove his ID, something which is grossly improper a demand to make, and he said he would be willing to do so but they then dropped that demand just as fast as all the others they've tried using to deny restoring his funds to him.

That the Gmail and Skype accounts are unrecoverable are not two separate issues, they are effectively only one because the Skype account could be recovered if he had access to the Gmail account, but he does not. Losing access to a Gmail account is hardly a far-fetched claim and neither is no longer having the private key for an old BTC address. Perhaps his PC/Laptop was seized/compromised/destroyed, or any number of perfectly ordinary events which can lead to this kind of situation arising a few years later.

So, in that Steven says he can prove with internationally recognised legal documentation that he is the same person as the identity BTC-E already have on file for that account, it matters not what spurious and baseless accusations people want to throw around about how they wouldn't have gone about things the same way or describing how they would have handled the situation differently.

BTC-E have closed multiple tickets on Steven about this matter without properly resolving it. Whatever your thoughts are on Steven or BTC-E, you cannot deny that to witness how BTC-E are incompetently responding to what is just an 'account recovery' process, should at least raise questions as to their professionalism or even their honesty.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
krack-r

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:23:44 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 08:44:35 AM by krack-r

The negative rating was added by cryptodevil because of this thread here.

Which is a desperate action of a guilty man.

EDIT: And BTW many "trusted" people on the forum turned out to be Major scammers. Some have stolen hundreds of bitcoins and they were among the pillars here. That's why the trust setting must be available only to people you actually traded with on the forum - with proof etc. Otherwise anyone could boost/destroy your rating without even knowing you.

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:24:51 PM

[...]

I really don't know, a lot of "he said, she said" going on here. And that to the tune of half a million US$...  Huh

Maybe it's "just me" but for that kind of money I'd be communicating with my local and respectable lawyers with all the legalised documentation instead of here on BCTC...

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:36:27 PM

[...] Let's see, who's more respected/trusted here: the one being "Legendary" with a +45 trust score, or the other one who's a "full member" with a -2 trust rating...? [...]

The negative rating was added by cryptodevil because of this thread here. [...]

The fact that you've "conveniently" forgot to mention the negative trust ratings you got from:

Recargasbitcoinrapidos
Steven009
bamous
Donatelo
serenpower
Donatelo
playerbtc
Satosher

do not really help make you more trusthworthy in my opinion...  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print