Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:36:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone "Day Trade" Bitcoin  (Read 13286 times)
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:29:38 PM

Bitcoin's price is showed daily many times on Bloomberg TV. The price instability and the huge spikes are making it perfect for trading! Traders are looking for currencies they can trade for which they can also make the most profit they can. Having $100.000 in Bitcoin makes every cent moving matter. Instead of GoldOZ/USD which moves only by a few dollars with every important change, Bitcoin can even double or triple.
Hammerschmidt (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:42:20 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone buys and sells bitcoin like a day trader. Like maybe watching for a small gain, selling a few, watching for a small dip, buying back more from what you just sold, and so on.

Are there any reliable sites for this?

Thanks in advance for all who offer insightful advice.
Not daily but i will sell my bitcoin if the price is increase yeah buy low sell high even it's small profit, better than never. I focused on how to make steady income by trading, sometimes i lose but not a big deal since i know it's one of the risk in trading.
there are reliable sites out there like bittrex, poloniex and ccex i highly recommend those sites, i personally trade on our local exchanger trading bitcoin to our local currency so those profit i can send them to my local bank.

Yeah that's the idea, many, small profitable trades can outperform one large one. I'm also looking for a way to automate my trades so I don't have to watch for price swings myself. I heard a few people mention trading bots running on certain exchanges. Do we get to "input" our trading buy/sell criteria into these bots? Are they trustworthy?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:49:21 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone buys and sells bitcoin like a day trader. Like maybe watching for a small gain, selling a few, watching for a small dip, buying back more from what you just sold, and so on.

Not daily but i will sell my bitcoin if the price is increase yeah buy low sell high even it's small profit, better than never. I focused on how to make steady income by trading, sometimes i lose but not a big deal since i know it's one of the risk in trading.
there are reliable sites out there like bittrex, poloniex and ccex i highly recommend those sites, i personally trade on our local exchanger trading bitcoin to our local currency so those profit i can send them to my local bank.

Yeah that's the idea, many, small profitable trades can outperform one large one. I'm also looking for a way to automate my trades so I don't have to watch for price swings myself. I heard a few people mention trading bots running on certain exchanges. Do we get to "input" our trading buy/sell criteria into these bots? Are they trustworthy?

That's exactly how they work. Yeah, they're trustworthy because they're open source. Try one of these: https://sourceforge.net/directory/?q=bitcoin+trading+bot

There are bots available for almost every exchange.

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 07:03:27 PM

I used to day trade bitcoins in past, and sometimes also did arbitrage with success.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 07:08:07 PM

I know a few people in our circle of friends that really is into day trading bitcoin. They are posting their profits every time they made a good day out of that. Also, shorters seem to enjoy this current situation in btc right now. Instability in prices is like the waves of the shorters in surfing.
twodrive01

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 07:12:26 PM

Or do you mean does anybody make money day trade bitcoin? answer: No.
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:34:14 AM

i trade bitcoin futures on OKC (up to 20x leverage)

weekly not daily (day trading is very stressful)

here is the link :

invite code promotional:

https://www.okcoin.com/?invid=2021275

you can also trade btc up to 20 times your capital (futures)

here is a tutorial :

http://okcoin-tutorial-begginers-guide.blogspot.de/

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:31:54 AM

Tradingview.com offers a nice feature called paper trading where you can trade with fake money. I've been playing around with it for about a week. it's much better than trading with your real money when you are learning. I'm planning on doing it for a few weeks and eventually try real money trading.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will try this later if I have the time. Sometimes all that we need is a little practice in trading to make us get used to it. We neither have the formal training or the experience for it so playing with play money is always good.
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:29:54 PM

That's exactly how they work. Yeah, they're trustworthy because they're open source. Try one of these: https://sourceforge.net/directory/?q=bitcoin+trading+bot

There are bots available for almost every exchange.

Wow thanks that's EXACTLY what I was hoping for!
R00TC0IN

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 03:49:30 PM

You can always try my bot out if you like for the poloniex lending system, Its a good way to make your bitcoin earn money while you sit back and let the bot do the market analysis and make percentile loans and looks to take advantage of "spikes" in the lending and order books.

Have a look at the topic if your interested in day trading. We also do trading on the platform and offer a signals service for alerts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1744380.0

Trading signals

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1747026.0

Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:07:57 PM

Before you begin you need to know that:

Over 90% of traders lose money (any market).
You are basically competing with the best mathematicians in the world and their hardware.

Having said that, since you are going to trade anyway, good luck and enjoy your losses ! Grin

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm in my second year of doing this. You don't need any math beyond 1st year calculus and an understanding of first and second derivatives. Most smart high school seniors and any freshman science or engineering major will possess the skills to mitigate losses and make steady progress.

By my charting, 2.9 BTC of my 8.0 were accumulated profits over a span of call it 18 months. Not sophisticated trading. Just understanding the rate of change and rate of rate of change indicators, and keeping track of each small piece of BTC and what was paid for it.

If I were to give an appropriate metaphor, imagine a jigsaw puzzle fully completed, and on the back was a different BTC amount and what was paid for it. Any trade to follow that is a sell, select only those pieces with smaller purchase BTC. You can see how this turns the "mystique" of it all into a game a child could play.

Hahaha, sure, it's so easy that 90% are making money instead of losing...where's the money coming from then I wonder?

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:20:25 PM

Before you begin you need to know that:

Over 90% of traders lose money (any market).
You are basically competing with the best mathematicians in the world and their hardware.

Having said that, since you are going to trade anyway, good luck and enjoy your losses ! Grin

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm in my second year of doing this. You don't need any math beyond 1st year calculus and an understanding of first and second derivatives. Most smart high school seniors and any freshman science or engineering major will possess the skills to mitigate losses and make steady progress.

By my charting, 2.9 BTC of my 8.0 were accumulated profits over a span of call it 18 months. Not sophisticated trading. Just understanding the rate of change and rate of rate of change indicators, and keeping track of each small piece of BTC and what was paid for it.

If I were to give an appropriate metaphor, imagine a jigsaw puzzle fully completed, and on the back was a different BTC amount and what was paid for it. Any trade to follow that is a sell, select only those pieces with smaller purchase BTC. You can see how this turns the "mystique" of it all into a game a child could play.

Hahaha, sure, it's so easy that 90% are making money instead of losing...where's the money coming from then I wonder?

He said 90% are losing money.

Smiley
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 08:08:39 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 08:23:21 PM by deisik

Anyone care to offer some INSIGHTFUL advice instead?

i did in the past i learned few stuff but not so much, about for example bollinger lines, that if those get out of the average you need to short or long

but besides this i still find it too much of a gamble, and also many other agree that TA is bullshit

It seems that now you finally got it

It seems also that you are talking about exchanges

And there are many of these. One of the posters mentioned btc-e earlier and I agree with such a choice. Regarding day trading, this is probably not the best thing for a novice. If you blindly follow some strategy based on TA, you are in for losses, but in order to trade smartly you need experience and psychological resistance to possible losses. The best thing you can go for given the circumstances is likely doing dollar cost averaging. You can find more about that in Google

Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 02:15:49 AM

Anyone care to offer some INSIGHTFUL advice instead?

i did in the past i learned few stuff but not so much, about for example bollinger lines, that if those get out of the average you need to short or long

but besides this i still find it too much of a gamble, and also many other agree that TA is bullshit

It seems that now you finally got it

It seems also that you are talking about exchanges

And there are many of these. One of the posters mentioned btc-e earlier and I agree with such a choice. Regarding day trading, this is probably not the best thing for a novice. If you blindly follow some strategy based on TA, you are in for losses, but in order to trade smartly you need experience and psychological resistance to possible losses. The best thing you can go for given the circumstances is likely doing dollar cost averaging. You can find more about that in Google

At a very high level, I can't force myself to agree with the "short term mostly loses" mentality. Is not the "long term," by definition, the sum of many short terms? If compared with an even longer time scale, is not your hypothetical long term a relative short term? If so, you have created a "losing fractal," and at every scale, losses exist.
ashcrypto

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:32:25 PM

Bitcoin's price is showed daily many times on Bloomberg TV. The price instability and the huge spikes are making it perfect for trading! Traders are looking for currencies they can trade for which they can also make the most profit they can. Having $100.000 in Bitcoin makes every cent moving matter. Instead of GoldOZ/USD which moves only by a few dollars with every important change, Bitcoin can even double or triple.
It' such a fkn aggravation. Buy and hold. Every time I fkn sell my positions it goes up. Last night I sold at 4840 thinking it was coming back down a bit and I wake up to an over 5k bitcoin. I'm so fkn pissed. Now will have to wait for a retracement. TRading is one of the most aggravating things you can do. Buy and HOLD unless it's really confirmed that it will fall.
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:53:42 PM

It' such a fkn aggravation. Buy and hold. Every time I fkn sell my positions it goes up. Last night I sold at 4840 thinking it was coming back down a bit and I wake up to an over 5k bitcoin. I'm so fkn pissed. Now will have to wait for a retracement. TRading is one of the most aggravating things you can do. Buy and HOLD unless it's really confirmed that it will fall.
You hold it but you have not any target, therefore how do you take profits? Depends on each cycle? Nope, I do not think this is the good choice for a professional trader or a really investor. This is the way for gamblers.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:19:16 PM

How many exchanges do you know that you could freely day trade and earn any profit? trading alt coins for Bitcoin is possible to do and earn something worth the time, but Bitcoin to fiat is not worth it if you are small.

🖤😏
ntb85

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

ETHEREUM BULLISH

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:44:13 PM

selling high and buying lower is not risky, but shorting them on leverage can be... Roll Eyes
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:42:40 PM

I used to day trade bitcoins in past, and sometimes also did arbitrage with success.
Daily can really be stressful but comes with a huge profit if you are good at it. Apparently, more stress, more money. At first it almost cost me sleepless night when I first started and ended up having insomnia as everything on my mind is usually the trade I was missing at that moment in time.
It was fun though and for anyone with the strength or time, it is actually a good one when mixed with long term as well.
grayhound

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:45:28 PM

Hello everyone,

I had tried day trading before but i cannot tolerate the stress it brings you really have to guard the capital invested on a day to day basis which is hard for me and really stressful. Thats why I shift to long term investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: