Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ** NEXT GENERATION ** CredaCash -- The Most Private Cryptocurrency in the World  (Read 9801 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CredaCash (OP)

Activity: 219
Merit: 29

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 07:57:01 PM

Definitely some issues with the sending process.  Tried sending 100,000 out of a balance of 212,000 and it says insufficient funds after cutting it up into 25 transactions. Right now seems like sending multiple small chunks manually is working far better than large lump sums.

Noted, thank you.  You could try stopping the wallet and then restarting with the command line or configuration file option "--tx-new-billet-wait-sec=180".  This will cause the wallet to wait 3 minutes for an expected incoming billet to clear before reporting "Insufficient funds".
Hashpool.eu

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 07:57:10 PM

No, problem not resolved by itself. But i didnt use ready version, used github and compiled. Maybe that could be problem?
Because old version worked correctly but new one doesnt find peers
Alexander45

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 07:58:13 PM

everything works fine. Transactions are cleared and coins can be sent. You just have to wait.
CredaCash (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 08:00:59 PM

No, problem not resolved by itself. But i didnt use ready version, used github and compiled. Maybe that could be problem?

Ok, big apologies, this is our fault.  The new distribution has a different rendezvous.lis file and it has not yet been updated for the Linux build process.  We will update it shortly and reply again when it is available to download.  Our most sincere apologies, and thank you for bearing with us...
CredaCash (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 08:25:39 PM

Ok, big apologies, this is our fault.  The new distribution has a different rendezvous.lis file and it has not yet been updated for the Linux build process.  We will update it shortly and reply again when it is available to download.  Our most sincere apologies, and thank you for bearing with us...

You can get the latest file by re-running the script ./get_genesis.sh and then restarting ccnode.exe and waiting a few minutes for the tor network to bootstrap.  Please let us know if that works for you, and our apologies again for the oversight.  Thank you.
Codect

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 08:29:34 PM

Definitely some issues with the sending process.  Tried sending 100,000 out of a balance of 212,000 and it says insufficient funds after cutting it up into 25 transactions. Right now seems like sending multiple small chunks manually is working far better than large lump sums.

Noted, thank you.  You could try stopping the wallet and then restarting with the command line or configuration file option "--tx-new-billet-wait-sec=180".  This will cause the wallet to wait 3 minutes for an expected incoming billet to clear before reporting "Insufficient funds".

Seems like no additional billets are being generated / cleared. I should clarify I was trying to consolidate my balances across numerous wallets, however, no amount of waiting appears to remedy the issue. It's been at least 10 min since I attempted sending coins and now even attempting to send 500 coins results in the below message.

The wallet appears to have sufficient balance, but there are not enough billets available to construct the
transaction. It may be possible to manually solve this problem by sending transactions to yourself to split the wallet
balance into more output billets.

Error:
{
  "code" : -6,
  "message" : "Insufficient funds"
Alexander45

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 08:31:09 PM

Seems like no additional billets are being generated / cleared. I should clarify I was trying to consolidate my balances across numerous wallets, however, no amount of waiting appears to remedy the issue. It's been at least 10 min since I attempted sending coins and now even attempting to send 500 coins results in the below message.

The wallet appears to have sufficient balance, but there are not enough billets available to construct the
transaction. It may be possible to manually solve this problem by sending transactions to yourself to split the wallet

Error:
{

Transactions are cleared and coins can be sent. You just have to wait.
CredaCash (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 08:46:36 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2019, 09:13:35 PM by CredaCash

Definitely some issues with the sending process.  Tried sending 100,000 out of a balance of 212,000 and it says insufficient funds after cutting it up into 25 transactions. Right now seems like sending multiple small chunks manually is working far better than large lump sums.

Noted, thank you.  You could try stopping the wallet and then restarting with the command line or configuration file option "--tx-new-billet-wait-sec=180".  This will cause the wallet to wait 3 minutes for an expected incoming billet to clear before reporting "Insufficient funds".

Error:
{

Our apologies for the difficulties.  Does the command "ping" work?  Is the console output of ccnode.exe still reporting new blocks (the latest block as of this post is level 203683).  If you do a listsinceblock command, how many transactions do you see with zero confirmations and what is the total value of their output billets? (Note that unconfirmed transactions should be listed last, but it may take a while for this command to complete because it filters out and does not report unconfirmed mint transactions that did not earn a mining reward.)  How does this compare with the balance reported by getbalance?  If you use the command cc.poll_destination <destination/address> to poll the address of one of the unconfirmed transactions, does the transaction then show as cleared after a short time?  Does the command listunspent show any unspent billets, and what is their total value compared to the amount you are trying to send?

P.S., did you at some point copy the wallet .ccw file to another computer and then start using it at two computers at the same time?  If so, then the balances of the two wallets might overlap, and when you send funds from one wallet, it could have made those same funds unspendable in the other wallet.
Hashpool.eu

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 09:17:16 PM

You can get the latest file by re-running the script ./get_genesis.sh and then restarting ccnode.exe and waiting a few minutes for the tor network to bootstrap.  Please let us know if that works for you, and our apologies again for the oversight.  Thank you.

Yes, now looks ok, thanks.
CredaCash (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 10:03:19 PM

Yes, now looks ok, thanks.

Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know, and please let us know if you run into any additional issues. Thank you.
Codect

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 10:04:47 PM

Definitely some issues with the sending process.  Tried sending 100,000 out of a balance of 212,000 and it says insufficient funds after cutting it up into 25 transactions. Right now seems like sending multiple small chunks manually is working far better than large lump sums.

Noted, thank you.  You could try stopping the wallet and then restarting with the command line or configuration file option "--tx-new-billet-wait-sec=180".  This will cause the wallet to wait 3 minutes for an expected incoming billet to clear before reporting "Insufficient funds".

Error:
{

Our apologies for the difficulties.  Does the command "ping" work?  Is the console output of ccnode.exe still reporting new blocks (the latest block as of this post is level 203683).  If you do a listsinceblock command, how many transactions do you see with zero confirmations and what is the total value of their output billets? (Note that unconfirmed transactions should be listed last, but it may take a while for this command to complete because it filters out and does not report unconfirmed mint transactions that did not earn a mining reward.)  How does this compare with the balance reported by getbalance?  If you use the command cc.poll_destination <destination/address> to poll the address of one of the unconfirmed transactions, does the transaction then show as cleared after a short time?  Does the command listunspent show any unspent billets, and what is their total value compared to the amount you are trying to send?

P.S., did you at some point copy the wallet .ccw file to another computer and then start using it at two computers at the same time?  If so, then the balances of the two wallets might overlap, and when you send funds from one wallet, it could have made those same funds unspendable in the other wallet.

So ping is working fine, block is showing 204721

Listsinceblock doesnt seem to be working for me, however, I ran cc.poll on both wallets, but only 1 would finish the other would hang.  So far I still see a bunch of unconfirmed transactions according to listtransactions.

Running listunspent I see the following:

wallet 1
Sum unspent = 42.3076
Getbalance = 1042.2348

wallet2
Sum unspent = 210994.93
Getbalance = 210994.93

Attempting to send from wallet 1 continues to fail even when sending 100, however, wallet 2 I was just able to send 50,000.

As far as the wallets are concerned these each should have been unique to each PC mining separately and then I've since consolidated all the wallet files to a single PC. I've been trying to consolidate the balances as I had quite a few different machines/wallets.

****** update *****

First wallet seems to have a phantom 1,000, but the other wallet is functioning just fine now. I think there may have been a ccnode issue hindering wallet 2, but something funky happened with wallet 1. I am not worried about the 1,000 coins from wallet 1 so don't waste your time unless you are curious to investigate.

I'll confirm once I've consolidated all coins, but I think it should be fine from here on out :crossfingers:
CredaCash (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 10:32:12 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2019, 10:44:53 PM by CredaCash

Listsinceblock doesnt seem to be working for me, however, I ran cc.poll on both wallets, but only 1 would finish the other would hang.  So far I still see a bunch of unconfirmed transactions according to listtransactions.

wallet 1
Sum unspent = 42.3076
Getbalance = 1042.2348

wallet2
Sum unspent = 210994.93
Getbalance = 210994.93

Attempting to send from wallet 1 continues to fail even when sending 100, however, wallet 2 I was just able to send 50,000.
listsinceblock will work, you just have to give it more time.  The wallet may contain up to a million mint transactions, and listsinceblock is paging through all of them.  The advantage of listsinceblock is that it will filter out and not display uncleared mint transactions.

listtransactions might be easier to use.  By default it only gives 10 transactions, and if none of those are cleared, you should ask it to see more until you get all the uncleared transactions.  To see more transactions, use listtransactions "" <n> where n is the number of transactions you want to see.  listtransactions will show uncleared mint transactions with the category "immature".  Any uncleared mint transactions will not clear at this point, so these can be ignored.

Are any of the uncleared transactions in category receive?  If so, the address of the receive billet is the one you want to use in cc.poll_destination.

As a last resort, you can try to stop wallet 1, restart it with the --reset-wallet command line option, then run the listunspent command to see if that changes the wallet balance.

As far as the wallets are concerned these each should have been unique to each PC mining separately and then I've since consolidated all the wallet files to a single PC. I've been trying to consolidate the balances as I had quite a few different machines/wallets.

The question was if you at some point copied the wallet file.  It is the copying of the wallet file and using it on two machines that can cause the funds to overlap (among other problems).

First wallet seems to have a phantom 1,000, but the other wallet is functioning just fine now. I think there may have been a ccnode issue hindering wallet 2, but something funky happened with wallet 1. I am not worried about the 1,000 coins from wallet 1 so don't waste your time unless you are curious to investigate.

I would go ahead and try stopping wallet 1, restarting it with the --reset-wallet command line option, then running the listunspent command to see if that changes the wallet balance.
qq386437050

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 08:57:47 AM

The original replica wallet used an address, exceeding the balance of 6.8 million. Has the extra disappeared?
CredaCash (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2019, 11:01:12 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2019, 02:00:29 PM by CredaCash

The original replica wallet used an address, exceeding the balance of 6.8 million. Has the extra disappeared?

6.8 million is the maximum size of a single billet (coin). (Note that the current implementation could support single billets with a size up to 687 trillion, but the blockchain and zero knowledge proof currently enforce the smaller 6.8 million maximum as a precaution.)

The wallet can hold an unlimited number of billets, each one with a value up to 6.8 million. If funds in the wallet came from mining, then the wallet would contain multiple billets with a value of 1000 each (the amount of the mining reward).
Codect

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 04:12:23 PM

wallet 1
Sum unspent = 42.3076
Getbalance = 1042.2348

wallet2
Sum unspent = 210994.93
Getbalance = 210994.93

listsinceblock will work, you just have to give it more time.  The wallet may contain up to a million mint transactions, and listsinceblock is paging through all of them.  The advantage of listsinceblock is that it will filter out and not display uncleared mint transactions.

listtransactions might be easier to use.  By default it only gives 10 transactions, and if none of those are cleared, you should ask it to see more until you get all the uncleared transactions.  To see more transactions, use listtransactions "" <n> where n is the number of transactions you want to see.  listtransactions will show uncleared mint transactions with the category "immature".  Any uncleared mint transactions will not clear at this point, so these can be ignored.

Are any of the uncleared transactions in category receive?  If so, the address of the receive billet is the one you want to use in cc.poll_destination.

As a last resort, you can try to stop wallet 1, restart it with the --reset-wallet command line option, then run the listunspent command to see if that changes the wallet balance.

The question was if you at some point copied the wallet file.  It is the copying of the wallet file and using it on two machines that can cause the funds to overlap (among other problems).

I would go ahead and try stopping wallet 1, restarting it with the --reset-wallet command line option, then running the listunspent command to see if that changes the wallet balance.

So looks like resetting the wallet is working, but for larger wallets I have to reset it 2-3 times to extract the full balance. The listunspent amount typically doesn't reflect the full getbalance after a single reset. Not sure if its because of the amount of transactions or not waiting long enough, but at least its working.

To answer your earlier question I copied the .ccw files from multiple other PC's and I am loading them 1 at a time on this local machine. There is only 1 active wallet at present, but the .ccw files were copied (after other wallets were shutdown).
CredaCash (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2019, 04:29:55 PM

So looks like resetting the wallet is working, but for larger wallets I have to reset it 2-3 times to extract the full balance. The listunspent amount typically doesn't reflect the full getbalance after a single reset. Not sure if its because of the amount of transactions or not waiting long enough, but at least its working.

The most likely cause of this is pay-to-self billets (from merge transactions or transaction change) that have not yet been detected as cleared.  These should show with zero confirmations in listtransactions, and polling their receive addresses using cc.poll_destination should make them clear faster.

This should also resolve itself if the wallet is left running and connected to ccnode long enough.  And while the wallet is designed to hold many transactions, it will probably run a little faster and more efficiently if the balance is sent to a fresh wallet that doesn't contain all of the mint activity.
xryy1982

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 02:17:21 AM

A new version of the CredaCash software can be downloaded at https://CredaCash.com/software/ . This version supports the sendtoaddress function on the live network (mainnet).  The Quick Start Guide will be updated shortly.  A testnet will be setup next week to allow users who do not hold any CredaCash currency to test the software.

Please let us know if you have any questions or run into any issues, and thank you for your support.

when update The Quick Start Guide?
CredaCash (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 02:45:59 AM

when update The Quick Start Guide?

Next week, after we setup a testnet...
Solomon yu

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 03:14:36 AM

When to release GUI Wallet
CredaCash (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 03:34:52 AM

When to release GUI Wallet

Our apologies, that is important and it is on our development roadmap but we don't currently have a time frame on it.  We will let you know if that changes.  Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: