Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:33:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ascendancy IPO Turned Into a Scam - Investigation in progress  (Read 38316 times)
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:18:20 AM

Nothing says funds would pass before to an adress not watched by the escrowers, which seems crazy and irresponsible. Why not simply an adress with a 3 of 4 keyholders ?
Escrowers seem legit but do lack responsability and on my part do not feel trustworthy for this activity that they do not practice properly.

That's common sense. If you see an address to send BTC to which is different than the stated escrow address. Guess what? It's not the escrow address.

See previous posts on responsibilities of escrows.

Where does it say the funds passed by an adress not controlled by the escrows ?
Nowhere ! And it changes everything.

It says very clearly in the escrow document: "All funds sent through our website will stay/be converted to Bitcoin if necessary. Bitcoin funds will be transferred over to the Escrow address every 8 hours in order to reduce the number of API requests."

Wheres that document? Why that wasn't declared on the first page of ann and why the three escrows trusted in a annon person? The escrows are going to lose all the good reputation they have if they dont refund everyone.

They should refund with their own pocket money, the team members who are not scammers should be responsible for the scam too, hope all losers will get refunded.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SparkIt

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:22:52 AM

Nothing says funds would pass before to an adress not watched by the escrowers, which seems crazy and irresponsible. Why not simply an adress with a 3 of 4 keyholders ?
Escrowers seem legit but do lack responsability and on my part do not feel trustworthy for this activity that they do not practice properly.

That's common sense. If you see an address to send BTC to which is different than the stated escrow address. Guess what? It's not the escrow address.

It says very clearly in the escrow document: "All funds sent through our website will stay/be converted to Bitcoin if necessary. Bitcoin funds will be transferred over to the Escrow address every 8 hours in order to reduce the number of API requests."

Wheres that document? Why that wasn't declared on the first page of ann and why the three escrows trusted in a annon person? The escrows are going to lose all the good reputation they have if they dont refund everyone.

They should refund with their own pocket money, the team members who are not scammers should be responsible for the scam too, hope all losers will get refunded.
I just want to add that I've worked 8-10 hours per day with Ascendancy, for over a month.
I don't care about my loss, I got experience instead of money. I care about the investors only, just like superwoot, Darkstar Lutpin and the three escrows.
We are trying to find some kind of solution, we have been discussing this matter for almost 6 hours now.
realm

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:28:40 AM

your best chance to find them is to use their domain. Ascendancy.io is registered at namecheap but it is whois protected and they also used vultr for hosting. You should contact a police authority to ask from namecheap to provide their payment info, the same for vultr. Just hope that they didn't use bitcoin. An other way is to ask theymos for the user's emails and see where this gets you.
CryptoMrM

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:31:59 AM

I just want to add that I've worked 8-10 hours per day with Ascendancy, for over a month.
I don't care about my loss, I got experience instead of money. I care about the investors only, just like superwoot, Darkstar Lutpin and the three escrows.
We are trying to find some kind of solution, we have been discussing this matter for almost 6 hours now.

I feel for you guys. It's not easy when you had the best intentions and it's still my opinion you guys did nothing wrong, so I wish you the best of luck.

your best chance to find them is to use their domain. Ascendancy.io is registered at namecheap but it is whois protected and they also used vultr for hosting. You should contact a police authority to ask from namecheap to provide their payment info, the same for vultr. Just hope that they didn't use bitcoin. An other way is to ask theymos for the user's emails and see where this gets you.

I'd also use Skype. I used to understand that because it's partially p2p you can get IP's from it. Might be something they overlooked if trying to cover their tracks.
bientang

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:32:12 AM

How did that scammer change the btc address from the escrow address without let you guys know? There must be some system(website) trick.

Well, that's the point. They didn't have to. The deal was, that the investors send the BTC to the scammer team and the scammers promised to send the BTC to the escrowers. FAIL!

So it is mean ASC is big scam, right?
I am join twitter campaign and today twitter from ascendancy was gone and website cannot access
altcoinrich

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:33:32 AM

Good point, lauda is a mod, should be easily contact Theymos soon, hope they can report police and get the scammer's IP address, but scammer should use TOR to hide info.
DenyAryanto

Activity: 509

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:36:32 AM

escrow system ascendancy is bad because not direct send in escrow addres, but added to dev addres before sending to escrow addres
Bitcoin funds will be transferred over to the Escrow address every 8 hours in order to
reduce the number of API requests.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 01:36:51 AM

Good point, lauda is a mod, should be easily contact Theymos soon, hope they can report police and get the scammer's IP address.
Lauda used to be a mod, they are no longer. Even back then, it was hard to reach out to theymos.
Futher, I'm unsure what kind of information the forum is willing to give out about the accounts connected to ASCs "founders".

Nothing to be added there.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
altcoinrich

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:44:21 AM

Good point, lauda is a mod, should be easily contact Theymos soon, hope they can report police and get the scammer's IP address.
Lauda used to be a mod, they are no longer. Even back then, it was hard to reach out to theymos.
Futher, I'm unsure what kind of information the forum is willing to give out about the accounts connected to ASCs "founders".

Thanks, I just view Lauda's profile, not a staff any more, what is wrong?? Huh  He was staff&mod days ago, but why he resigned or quited the position?
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 01:48:51 AM

Damn i always thought this could be a huge projectm

look at the thread design, escrows everything seems that the dev want this project to be the future.

But oh well.

Btw for all the resource the ascendancy team prepare, like thread design, website how much would it cost?
SanFrancisco

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:02:36 AM

How did that scammer change the btc address from the escrow address without let you guys know? There must be some system(website) trick.

Well, that's the point. They didn't have to. The deal was, that the investors send the BTC to the scammer team and the scammers promised to send the BTC to the escrowers. FAIL!

So it is mean ASC is big scam, right?
I am join twitter campaign and today twitter from ascendancy was gone and website cannot access

Yes, a scam.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:06:59 AM

Thanks, I just view Lauda's profile, not a staff any more, what is wrong?? Huh  He was staff&mod days ago, but why he resigned or quited the position?
Please stay on topic, that question should not be asked on here and discuss any longer. If you want to know what happened and what's the reason behind that, just check their trust rating or in meta section.
So sad to know another ICO went scam again after Opair, Declouds, and Ebitz.

malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:09:26 AM

Thanks, I just view Lauda's profile, not a staff any more, what is wrong?? Huh  He was staff&mod days ago, but why he resigned or quited the position?

Stop posting retarded questions. You dont add value to the entertainment.

There are many threads for your sig penny
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3172

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 02:10:09 AM

Let me get this clear.

Was it clear from the beginning that investors will send the BTC to the scamteam first and the scamteam said "we will forward the invested BTC every 8 hours to our escrowers"?
Are you kidding me? Then why do you fucking have escrowers? LOL... how stupid can someone be, to join this scam as an escrower, if this was the deal? The job #1 of an escrower is to get the money directly from the investors. If you don't follow this rule #1 as an escrower, then your are guilty in my eyes.

You have an absolute right without hatred towards escrower. It is very weird that none of the three escrow guys he thought of this scenario. Of course, it is easy to criticise his now, and we do it smart.
now I watch latest @ AscendancyTeam posts and investors pay in last hour more than 30btc. sorrow

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
altcoinrich

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:28:58 AM

Please stay on topic, that question should not be asked on here and discuss any longer. If you want to know what happened and what's the reason behind that, just check their trust rating or in meta section.
So sad to know another ICO went scam again after Opair, Declouds, and Ebitz.

It is related, lauda was mod, I posted that to help people because he should be easier than us to contact theymos to find the criminal's track, but it is too sad, another ICO scam.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 02:38:34 AM

It is related, lauda was mod, I posted that to help people because he should be easier than us to contact theymos to find the criminal's track, but it is too sad, another ICO scam.
It is not, the reason for lauda not longer being a moderator of this forum has nothing to do with this topic/this IPO.
You can look up the reason yourself, it doesn't take long to find it out. There's no point in discussing it right here.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
yseph

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

life is learn

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 02:47:10 AM

What steps will be taken?
You see the manager for this bounty indicated SCAM.
You should immediately take a decision for the sake of saving the ASC project.
Maybe it could take steps to replace the new Manager

◎¦Ok Computer¦◎
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:54:10 AM

I'm traumatised if this actually happened.@sparkit @superwoot,@darkstar is the slack channel already deleted ? Please message me asap or create a new discord channel.
@sparkit,keep a track on the addresses where coins are being moved.Let me see if I can find  information about them.

@yahoo : might wanna be careful about the leaving negative feedbacks.I haven't got paid jack shit you can see my address right in the escrow document.
altcoinrich

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:23:07 AM

I'm traumatised if this actually happened.@sparkit @superwoot,@darkstar is the slack channel already deleted ? Please message me asap or create a new discord channel.
@sparkit,keep a track on the addresses where coins are being moved.Let me see if I can find  information about them.

@yahoo : might wanna be careful about the leaving negative feedbacks.I haven't got paid jack shit you can see my address right in the escrow document.

Are you kidding? You know nothing but you were scammed too? Will you blame hacker? Aren't you the man used ascteam account? I am puzzled by your drama.
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:29:56 AM

Are you kidding? You know nothing but you were scammed too? Will you blame hacker? Aren't you the man used ascteam account? I am puzzled by your drama.
No I did not have  access to the ASC team account.Its did come as a surprise to me since last message I had from one of the Dev was about using react library for building the front end of the project. This was around 12-13 hours back when this actually happened.Didnt had slightest clue about their intentions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: