Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:38:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin hyped by miners?  (Read 729 times)
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:40:15 PM

Technology will always be ahead of everything in its time ! Early and payment terminals was not on the cards erased a protective layer to send SMS Smiley

Sorry, I don't understand what are you trying to say and at the same time I'm intrigued, could you please elaborate what are you talking about?

And to add to my list posted before, payment cards (Visa, Mastercard etc.) is hyped all the time, you can see their ads everywhere, their also directly earn from every transaction and millions of people and merchants use these systems.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:05:59 PM

I am struggling to understand how Bitcoin is going to be used.
I know its long standing coin, gold like qualities, not hackable etc.  But when it comes to how it can be used, I could not find any answer.  High transaction fee, limited coins cause deflation, too volatile etc.  General public, corporations cannot use it.  Gold is different, there is nothing like gold but we have better coins than this. 

Will this be used for only speculation, betting?  How would general public / institutions use it in future?

We have seen in countries with collapsing currencies that Bitcoin can be used as a store of value. I personally think it will become the reserve currency of the world. The British pound use to be the reserve currency before the dollar and I don't think the dollar will hold much longer.
rindayle

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:32:25 PM

I think that on some side it is correctly said, because at a time when bitcoin was not so well known, it is very much mined. At the moment I believe that the price has stabilized and shows the real value of bitcoin.
SventraPapere

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:44:47 PM

This system is not perfect yet.It still has a lot of work to do.Let me give you a simple example.Remember those times when we were little.Only very rich and business people had cell phones.And now every person, from a child to an old man in the hands of powerful smartphones.The same will happen with bitcoin.They're like cell phones, everybody's gonna have them.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
NickkiJonathan

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:30:14 AM

We still accept it when the rate is too high, so this causes Bitcoin to inflated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: