Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily use of bitcoin?  (Read 42396 times)
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:58:15 PM

Do you pay directly to the Starbucks itself or does it go through a third party? Do they(Starbucks) actually verify your transaction, or is it still done by the regular network? I like the idea, I'm just a little confused. Seems like it might be a little unsafe too.

There's nothing to be confused of, you can pay directly to them, we don't need a third party or an escrow there? When you pay for your groceries you just need to go to the cashier to pay right? It is the same, though there are differences, on paying bitcoin directly, there are also verification of the transaction, though it is very fast and simple All you got to do is open your wallet, the cashier will be letting out their QR code on how much will you pay, you will scan it, and send your payment from your bitcoin address, that quick.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 06:10:35 AM

Do you pay directly to the Starbucks itself or does it go through a third party? Do they(Starbucks) actually verify your transaction, or is it still done by the regular network? I like the idea, I'm just a little confused. Seems like it might be a little unsafe too.

There's nothing to be confused of, you can pay directly to them, we don't need a third party or an escrow there? When you pay for your groceries you just need to go to the cashier to pay right? It is the same, though there are differences, on paying bitcoin directly, there are also verification of the transaction, though it is very fast and simple All you got to do is open your wallet, the cashier will be letting out their QR code on how much will you pay, you will scan it, and send your payment from your bitcoin address, that quick

This is nowhere near either fast or quick

And this is a difference of kind, not of degree. When you pay with cash, the transaction takes up the amount of time required to count the bills. If you pay with your payment card, the transaction time includes contacting the payment processor (in most cases it will be the bank which issued your payment card) and confirming the transaction. In both cases, it takes no more than a few seconds to get done with. No one is going to wait even a minute to get Bitcoin transaction confirmed. Until there are instant payments via Bitcoin as well, Bitcoin is totally useless in anything which involves immediate payments (e.g. at a cashier's)

centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:26:55 AM

There's nothing to be confused of, you can pay directly to them, we don't need a third party or an escrow there? When you pay for your groceries you just need to go to the cashier to pay right? It is the same, though there are differences, on paying bitcoin directly, there are also verification of the transaction, though it is very fast and simple All you got to do is open your wallet, the cashier will be letting out their QR code on how much will you pay, you will scan it, and send your payment from your bitcoin address, that quick

And this is a difference of kind, not of degree. When you pay with cash, the transaction takes up the amount of time required to count the bills. If you pay with your payment card, the transaction time includes contacting the payment processor (in most cases it will be the bank which issued your payment card) and confirming the transaction. In both cases, it takes no more than a few seconds to get done with. No one is going to wait even a minute to get Bitcoin transaction confirmed. Until there are instant payments via Bitcoin as well, Bitcoin is totally useless in anything which involves immediate payments (e.g. at a cashier's)

This is correct and a good post, fiat (cash & credit) is generally plentiful & expendible. Trying to scale/do fast payments on Bitcoin or anything else that RISES in value over time never worked out.
Why do people not buy coffee with the stocks?
Why do people not buy coffee with their gold?
Why do people not buy coffee with the house?

Scaling can easily be achieved on bitcoin indirectly the same way it works with fiat transactions (fiat scaling = uses 3rd party credit counterparties, Visa, Mastercard), so indirectly scale Bitcoin via 3rd party counterparties.

If anyone reads this and wants to understand the dynamics of Bitcoin and why it is the ultimate store of value asset, please read this post titled: "Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.0

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 07:26:54 AM

This is correct and a good post, fiat (cash & credit) is generally plentiful & expendible. Trying to scale/do fast payments on Bitcoin or anything else that RISES in value over time never worked out.
Why do people not buy coffee with the stocks?
Why do people not buy coffee with their gold?
Why do people not buy coffee with the house?

Scaling can easily be achieved on bitcoin indirectly the same way it works with fiat transactions (fiat scaling = uses 3rd party credit counterparties, Visa, Mastercard), so indirectly scale Bitcoin via 3rd party counterparties

That's the point I often make myself

Though I always refer to Gresham's law myself (or what's its current analogy) in such cases, asserting that it makes no sense to pay with "good" money when you can pay with "bad" money. But people still raise this question claiming that until you can pay with bitcoins in places like Starbucks (I've never been there myself, for the lack of such places in my whereabouts) buying things like a cup of coffee (I don't like coffee anyway), Bitcoin cannot be considered as a full-fledged currency. And, to tell the truth, I mostly agree with them since the term itself ("currency") implies being able to do all these things easily and effortlessly

megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:13:12 PM

It's not that popular online. Like as in online shops. Just try and see how many online shops that accept bitcoin you can find. I mean the list is growing by the day but still bitcoin payments are still in their infancy. But still, from what I can see things are looking up, slowly but surely.
I think the online store will not be used every day. you can not be spending then always pay the shipping costs continually, perhaps if it had been a lot of offline stores that accept bitcoin we could use bitcoin everyday

Even if it's not popular with online stores in your jurisdiction I believe with time as more people get on board it will gain popularity online too. Secondly, it needn't have to be used online alone but can interchangeably be used for both online and physical shops without any cause for alarm.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 03:34:32 PM

It's not that popular online. Like as in online shops. Just try and see how many online shops that accept bitcoin you can find. I mean the list is growing by the day but still bitcoin payments are still in their infancy. But still, from what I can see things are looking up, slowly but surely.
I think the online store will not be used every day. you can not be spending then always pay the shipping costs continually, perhaps if it had been a lot of offline stores that accept bitcoin we could use bitcoin everyday

Even if it's not popular with online stores in your jurisdiction I believe with time as more people get on board it will gain popularity online too. Secondly, it needn't have to be used online alone but can interchangeably be used for both online and physical shops without any cause for alarm.

Actually, if now mostly people can't use the bitcoin on online, Because in every country are not accepting the bitcoin from online, and i see mostly people prefer to save and hold the bitcoin instead of using it online shops.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:07:06 PM

Actually, if now mostly people can't use the bitcoin on online, Because in every country are not accepting the bitcoin from online, and i see mostly people prefer to save and hold the bitcoin instead of using it online shops.

Most people prefer to save Bitcoins because the price is constantly increasing, and we are looking for profit on long term, but it doesn't mean we can't spend BTCs sometimes. It's hard to buy things on the internet with Bitcoins, but it's good to hire online services and buy virtual stuff for BTCs, like to buy games, to hire services of designer or any other job you need to be done for you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
grandy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:14:11 PM

yes that is very right, as soon as time pass bitcoin is now becoming more and more popular, as in my country still there are very limited shops where shopkeepers are accepting bitcoin, but i am still hopeful that when the users of bitcoin will increase then the shops who are accepting bitcoin will also increase.
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:53:16 PM

I hope that Bitcoin will get used by many more people other than us nerds..
Yes, all of comunity think same with you, unfortunately it is not will be easy because there are not many stores accept bitcoin for payment method, right now bitcoin be used for investments usually for trading bitcoin to fiat and trading altcoins to bitcoin and getting profit from trading.
i think bitcoin can be use in our daily life in online shopping because there are many online shop who accepted bitcoin as currency and from there we could easily buy everything from small to large.
bitcoin is really acceptable in online shopping and its already use in our daily life and i hope we can be sooner able to use bitcoin in direct shopping and i heard that some local stores accept bitcoin for direct shopping.

yes and specially in  Brazil thee are dozen of physical which are accepting bitcoin for shopping. in my area still there is not a single shop who are accepting bitcoin but i am very hopeful that very soon i will also be able to use bitcoin for shopping in our local shops.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:10:23 PM

It will take some time for offline stores to start accepting bitcoin but still I like to shop from online shop because I do not need to go outside of my home to shop and I do not need to go abroad if I need to buy an imported good. I can shop from all over the world from my home.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 10:04:03 PM

It will take some time for offline stores to start accepting bitcoin but still I like to shop from online shop because I do not need to go outside of my home to shop and I do not need to go abroad if I need to buy an imported good. I can shop from all over the world from my home.

Problem is that people have no incentive to spend their coins on local level. Especially when you consider that payment services that are being used will require proper fees to be included in order to accept it, and allow people to buy stuff without needing to wait for 1 confirmation. Important to note is that it can only be done with relatively low amounts which I believe to be $25-$30 at most. For amounts higher than that you'll need to wait for that confirmation. Do you already see yourself buy something for $50 in Bitcoin and wait around 20-30 minutes before you can walk out? I don't think so.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 10:38:50 PM

I think it is accepted all over the world in online world and there is no any place where it is not accepted for online shopping. Only some stores do not have adopted bitcoin yet but they will also start to use bitcoin for their online purchases to benefit from bitcoin.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:15:31 PM

I think it is accepted all over the world in online world and there is no any place where it is not accepted for online shopping. Only some stores do not have adopted bitcoin yet but they will also start to use bitcoin for their online purchases to benefit from bitcoin.

Not sure where you get your information from, but the far, far majority of the merchants don't offer a Bitcoin payment option, and I don't see this change anytime soon. Mainly because of the fact that Bitcoin for a large part is still uknown to people and thus merchants, and a severe form of misunderstanding of the risks regarding the volatility. If I was you, I would do a reality check....
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:18:53 PM

It's a little more difficult to use Bitcoin in daily transactions now that the fees are about a dollar per transaction. Companies like BitPay are now including the fees in the transactions. Am I really going to spend a dollar on fees just to get a dollar coffee?
lemonade09

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 12:08:29 AM

Bitcoin currency is so high that if we exchange bitcoin for money we can get a lot of money..,
There are many uses of bitcoin in our every day life really we can use bitcoin to buy things that we may need.,
Also bitcoin is just like a real money and as we all know how important in us a money is ..
We use money for our living to survive and be alive .,,
Bitcoin is money and we can use in for our future investing to earn money etc.
Use bitcoin to buy food and anything that we may need.,

Just earn more bitcoin zzz .. Grin
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 12:52:21 AM

It's a little more difficult to use Bitcoin in daily transactions now that the fees are about a dollar per transaction. Companies like BitPay are now including the fees in the transactions. Am I really going to spend a dollar on fees just to get a dollar coffee?

Yes, that is the most challenging things to use bitcoins for small amount transactions. But you can consider using XAPO account for free transactions but if you receive very small amount then they do also get some charges. But until now they are not charging for sending money to other people.
stevano

Activity: 423
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 12:58:15 AM

often people assume that the transaction using bitcoin have to wait for some confirmation, if in this case the business selling hot coffee using bitcoin have to wait how the confirmation then need you to be quiet because a lot of time wasted by your customers, so my advice if you want more do not use confirmation in today's payment transactions for each transaction of bitcoin was not going back again just takes time to get into the purse of the recipient.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:49:18 AM

often people assume that the transaction using bitcoin have to wait for some confirmation, if in this case the business selling hot coffee using bitcoin have to wait how the confirmation then need you to be quiet because a lot of time wasted by your customers, so my advice if you want more do not use confirmation in today's payment transactions for each transaction of bitcoin was not going back again just takes time to get into the purse of the recipient.

I do not think you can removed the confirmation for the online transaction specially in bitcoin. But you think business which is do not need for rushing all the transaction you need to consider the time frame of the confirmation and i do not think customer used this in buying coffee.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:50:51 AM

Right now the acceptance is quite low compared to the physical fiat that we use on the daily requirements. Little by little the acceptance is increasing gradually. In my view bitcoin is much used for gambling and other needs than any sort of online shopping needs.
ethereumhunter

Activity: 2884
Merit: 541

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:42:10 AM

Yes, that is the most challenging things to use bitcoins for small amount transactions. But you can consider using XAPO account for free transactions but if you receive very small amount then they do also get some charges. But until now they are not charging for sending money to other people.

xapo is a good option for us if we want to send and receive the amount and i think xapo is one of the best wallet for me although i am not too often to use xapo. i think its only a few people that is doing daily transactions and the rest will safe their bitcoin and only spend if they have a needs to fill or they want to get cash.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: