Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:28:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way to store Iconomi tokens and get dividends paid?  (Read 2899 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:32:37 PM

Ok I may buy some of this just in case, even tho I can't trust it long term, but anyway, lets say I buy some in Kraken... how do I locally store them?

Why the fuck isn't there a video tutorial in how to do this? They spend 400k USD in marketing and they can't even bother making some simple videotutorials for the people that don't have time to read in between 400 pages in obscure forums? c'mon.

I've already had like 3 different answers. Some said myethereumwallet, other mist, other Omniwallet or Omnicore... what is the god damn correct answer? What a mess.

I just want to store the tokens locally, like wallet.dat with Bitcoin Core, but with ICONOMI and the software must pay me the dividends. I hope that you don't need to hold your coins in an online platform or something like that to get paid dividends otherwise that will be a disaster. All online wallets get hacked eventually.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 07:06:06 PM

Any of those wallets will work. Personally I hold mine in Myetherwallet. Most likely what will happen is Kraken will announce that they will distribute dividends to holders. So even if you hold them on exchange you will still get dividends.

Myetherwallet is very user friendly. You just create a wallet and send your Icn to your address.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 07:09:26 PM

I doubt Omniwallet would allow you to store your ICONOMI tokens as they are not based on the bitcoin blockchain. Myetherwallet or Mist both give you control and your private keys so as long as you have them you should be fine and able to receive the dividends , exchanges shouldn't allow you to do that unless they announce otherwise.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 07:17:22 PM

MadGamer is right. Stick to Myetherwalleet or Mist.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:39:35 PM

I think holding them in the online ico wallet will also work too. I only have a tiny amount but just left mine there.

MadGamer
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:28:49 PM

I think holding them in the online ico wallet will also work too. I only have a tiny amount but just left mine there.

Definitely not something I would recommend to OP , I mean It's unlikely that they will get hacked but It's definitely possible as It's an online platform and always a target for hacks , even them , don't recommend keeping ICNs on their platform.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:11:29 PM

God this is so complicated.

Myetherwallet and mist are both offline wallets?

Can somebody care to create a youtube video explaining how to properly store your ICN offline in a way that you will get paid dividends once it starts working? if they give a shit about their customers they should be creating those videos, nobody wants to read a wall of text nowadays, just give us a step by step video in how to do this.

I personally don't want to download the ETH blockchain, it's too big and I have enough by having a Bitcoin Core full node. I don't care that much about ETH or its tokens, i just dont want to hold them in an exchange.
DeLion

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:18:17 PM

Lmgtfy
10 seconds later:
https://medium.com/iconominet/how-to-add-iconomi-t-icn-apptokens-to-ethereum-wallet-f15f637f8db8#.uc964y8k5
Np
Edit: has been there since October 2016
MadGamer
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:45:40 PM

They do care about their customers and they provided tutorials for both Myetherwallet and Mist . If you participated in the ICO you should've seen these links in their official thread multiple times. You should consider Mist as a full node while Myetherwallet is a client-side tool where is no need of downloading the blockchain . Just like Bitaddress.org with bitcoin , I suggest downloading the source code and run it locally on an offline computer just in case and make sure to keep a backup and print a paper wallet.
buyingcoins

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:13:09 PM

Here's a step by step guide to setting up a wallet and buying Iconomi tokens: https://getcrypto.info/iconomi/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: