Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:18:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning a new language  (Read 14132 times)
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 02:39:58 PM

I would like to learn some Scandinavian language, but there are no training course for those in my country, at least there is none in my city.
Since I can only do that by myself I have chosen Finnish as it seams most easy for me. I have use some applications with word games, but I cant remember the names of those, since that was long time ago, lately I don`t have much time to get into it. Now I am only left with music and movies, so I watch Finnish movies every time I got chance for it. And since I like metal music, there is a lot of Finnish bands to listen.

I think that Finnish is one of the most difficult to learn of Scandinavian languages but if you know one Scandinavian language, it is much easier to learn the rest. The process of learning requires patience, discipline and time. Also some philological abilities  Smiley

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LibreMan (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:02:19 PM

If you speak English what other language do you want to learn and why, may I ask.

English is a widely spoken language in the world.
But chinese is used too much in language like spanish.
I want to learn chinese. I want to know about Chinese culture and history.

Chinese is good to learn for business, you can even get good salary job with it. It is hard to learn language like chinese, especially if you start from scratch. I recommend official schools, and it will take probably years until you master it.

Yes, learning Chinese is a bit more difficult than in other languages. Even people in different parts of China may not understand each other.
The alphabet they use is very different. Someone who is accustomed to Latin letters may find it difficult to learn Chinese letters.

But china is a very old civilization. I want to get to know this civilization more closely.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:59:03 PM

If you speak English what other language do you want to learn and why, may I ask.

Chinese is good to learn for business, you can even get good salary job with it. It is hard to learn language like chinese, especially if you start from scratch. I recommend official schools, and it will take probably years until you master it.

Yes, learning Chinese is a bit more difficult than in other languages. Even people in different parts of China may not understand each other.
The alphabet they use is very different. Someone who is accustomed to Latin letters may find it difficult to learn Chinese letters.

But china is a very old civilization. I want to get to know this civilization more closely.

Yes you are right about chinese language and its difficult than other languages. And i dont want to speak about difference of parts of China and not understanding. I had work with Chinese people and all i learned is to say Hello Cheesy . China have realy large history, but I am more interested in Japan. I think that Japan is more beautiful than China, but that is me Cheesy .
LibreMan (OP)

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:28:35 PM

Yes you are right about chinese language and its difficult than other languages. And i dont want to speak about difference of parts of China and not understanding. I had work with Chinese people and all i learned is to say Hello Cheesy . China have realy large history, but I am more interested in Japan. I think that Japan is more beautiful than China, but that is me Cheesy .

Japan has developed especially after the nagasaki incident. Japanese culture attracts me. In general, I am curious about far east countries. You all have an old history.

There are so many countries to visit and see in the world. Every country has its own history. I guess life is not enough to see it all Smiley
Maskedman

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:33:32 PM

Going to school is still the best way for me. Anything that has to do with websites is bad since it will cost you a damn amount of money.
SlaughterGirl

Activity: 288

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

I would like to learn some Scandinavian language, but there are no training course for those in my country, at least there is none in my city.
Since I can only do that by myself I have chosen Finnish as it seams most easy for me. I have use some applications with word games, but I cant remember the names of those, since that was long time ago, lately I don`t have much time to get into it. Now I am only left with music and movies, so I watch Finnish movies every time I got chance for it. And since I like metal music, there is a lot of Finnish bands to listen.

I think that Finnish is one of the most difficult to learn of Scandinavian languages but if you know one Scandinavian language, it is much easier to learn the rest. The process of learning requires patience, discipline and time. Also some philological abilities  Smiley

Finnish looks most easy one for me cause it seams that most words are spoken similar ways as it written (as it is case with my language: Serbian, this is maybe `cause Finland is near to Russia Cheesy so it has influence to it)
I dont think that knowing one Scandinavian language would help learning the rest since there is large difference between them. For example Swedish and Norwegian are Indo-Europian type of languages and Finish and Estonian are Uralic.

bitcoinsay

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Presale starts on 28th of April!

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:25:13 AM

I tried to learn a  Korean language. But it is very difficult for someone who is used to the very Latin alphabet.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄██▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄██▄▄
▄████████▄     ▄████████▄
███████▀▀  ▄   ▄  ▀▀███████
██████▀  ▄█████████▄  ▀██████
██████  ▄█████████████▄  ██████
█████  █████████████████  █████
██████  █████████████████  ██████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
████  ███████████████████  ████
▀▀█▀   ▀███████████████▀   ▀█▀▀
▄      ▀█████████████▀      ▄
█▄   ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄   ▄█
▀  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████  ▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
               ▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄██████
   ▄▄▄███████▀████
▀█████████▀ ▄████
   ▀████▀ ▄██████
      ▀ ▄███████
        ██▀█████
        █   ▀██

▄▄▄▄
      ▄█████
      ███
    ▄▄███▄▄
    ███████
      ███
      ███
      ███
           ▄▄▄
 █▄       █████▄▀
 ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀
  ▀█████████████
   █████████████
    ▀██████████
    ▄████████
▄▄████████▀▀

██▄     ▄██▄
 ████▄  ▄█████
 ███████████ █
 ██████████ ██
 █████████ ███
 ████▀███ ████
 ████  ▀ █████
 ▀███     ▀▀██
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
cubradford

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 10:17:31 AM

The best way to learn a new language is to communicate with native speakers. When you constantly hear a new language, you start to learn, to speak and to think in that language. Personally, I'am trying to read books, and even have a special application on my phone where I'am learning new words and grammar. And I am attending courses as well.
Matthias Green

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 07:14:51 PM

In my opinion to learn other language online Duolingo website is one the best methods.
Was trying to learn German but on some other resources. Is this one decent enough?
Learning german is really a pain in the ass. I work in Austria for a year now, but still not sure when to use der, die or das. Cheesy (I've earned language certificate like 10 years ago, but never used german after that for 9 years).
Either Austrians are really polite or you have a real innate talent. Grin Yes, to learn those I really lack patience...
epitome

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 11:05:12 PM

Going to school is still the best way for me. Anything that has to do with websites is bad since it will cost you a damn amount of money.
Even if you go to school it will cost you a lot of money .If you are really determined to learn a language then you could find contents online where you can learn the language but you cannot perfect the language without a good tutor.
blockcha1n

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 02:14:57 PM

I started to learn Japanese months back. I bought Babbel app on my Android and it works very good. The app allows you to practise everywhere for example when you visit the authorities and need to wait. I have printed some free learning material from the web, too, which supports the learning.

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge Dice GameJackpotsRakebackPlay / Earn / Invest

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
WCAMN

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 03:53:38 PM

Well the best way is to practice as much as you can. For example when I was still young I mastered English by frequenting english sites and using it alot (accompanied with some studies). Right now I'm starting German from scratch using Duolingo, and it is quiet helpful! Of course you must study as much as possible. Other than that I've tried a few other apps and books. But now I'm gonna give Rosetta Stone a try (it seems good).
wh04m1

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:41:22 AM

Well the best way is to practice as much as you can. For example when I was still young I mastered English by frequenting english sites and using it alot (accompanied with some studies). Right now I'm starting German from scratch using Duolingo, and it is quiet helpful! Of course you must study as much as possible. Other than that I've tried a few other apps and books. But now I'm gonna give Rosetta Stone a try (it seems good).

It is possible to learn up to a certain level with applications and books. You can learn the theoretical knowledge from such sources. But in order to learn a new language, you have to be in the environment where the language is spoken. It can help you watch movies about the language you want to learn. But the best way is to go to the country where that language is spoken.
yescopyleftsounds

Activity: 215
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 05:46:46 AM

first learn bad words from language which you want to learn.
then automatically you will learn normal .
WCAMN

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:47:23 PM

It is possible to learn up to a certain level with applications and books. You can learn the theoretical knowledge from such sources. But in order to learn a new language, you have to be in the environment where the language is spoken. It can help you watch movies about the language you want to learn. But the best way is to go to the country where that language is spoken.

Indeed. One should frequent the language's communities or anywhere it is spoken. Else he will have a tough time learning pronounciation, dialects and the such.
zikel

Activity: 188

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:09:29 PM

Indeed. One should frequent the language's communities or anywhere it is spoken. Else he will have a tough time learning pronounciation, dialects and the such.

Yes, this is the fastest way to learn a language. And, you can see the video courses. There, too, you can hear the correct pronunciation of words
BigBall

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:16:24 PM

I can learn german language really fast because I was learning and I was best in class in 2 schools and best grades and I learn german so fast so I will soon start to learn it again because I like it.
s0nix

Activity: 784
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:08:29 PM

The best is the practice.
So I learned Russian at school.
But no one spoke Russian in my region and I had no contact with Russian-speaking people.
And all the Russians I had met in Europe or worldwide wanted to speak English - so no chance for Russian.

chmod777

Activity: 80

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:08:53 AM

I would recommend watching a movie if you want to learn a new language. You already have to learn grammar. To increase vocabulary knowledge in one of the most important subjects. After you have done these things, you should always practice speaking. The best way to learn language is to use that language.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:24:49 PM

Japan has developed especially after the nagasaki incident. Japanese culture attracts me. In general, I am curious about far east countries. You all have an old history.

There are so many countries to visit and see in the world. Every country has its own history. I guess life is not enough to see it all Smiley

What make east Asia countries fascination is the thing that they was isolated from Europe for long time. History of those countries is so rich and so big that people spend quite some time learning it. But i my self is more interested in Japan, more than i China. China have richer history, but still i love Japan more Cheesy .
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: