Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]PiCoin [POS+POW] [SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN]  (Read 150777 times)
rotzbouf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:46:34 AM

Nice to see progress going on. Just voted for the logo, there are quite some really good examples. I also got the weekend some hardware ready which I will use for the project for testing. If all things run fine, it will move to production server Smiley

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hoop
Legendary

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 08:26:04 AM

Joined the signature campaign, and looking forward to seeing PiCoin future. Good luck with your newCoin.
 by the way is there a poll for alg POW,POS or POS+POW?

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
PCindy

Activity: 601
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:33:54 AM

why no ico sir?
rotzbouf

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:46:25 AM

why no ico sir?

Cause the dev has been disappointed several times while participation in ICO's which gave false promises. So he decided to launch his own coin without ICO and without promises which cannot be realized. The development is progressing at his own timeline and as there is no ICO, the pressure for releasing the coin is less from the community.

I wish great success to this project.

spark.bet

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 09:51:29 AM

Even if the choice of distribution is excellent.
The coin does not bring anything really new.
If picoindev wants his coin to have sucess, he should find and develop innovative applications around it.
Lopchi

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:18:22 AM

If picoindev wants his coin to have sucess, he should find and develop innovative applications around it.

A coin doesn't need to bring new things or be innovative. You have many apps out there that do the same things or almost the same things and still they are succesfull. It's all about developing something that brings good experience to the users. Even if he would just develop a chatapp it can be a succes if it can draw users to it.

rotzbouf

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 01:24:16 PM

A coin doesn't need to bring new things or be innovative. You have many apps out there that do the same things or almost the same things and still they are succesfull. It's all about developing something that brings good experience to the users. Even if he would just develop a chatapp it can be a succes if it can draw users to it.

Coins which are only created to generate profit for the dev will most probably fail at some point. But here, I do not see the focus on making profit, but to create something "new", even if the "new" part is only the community he put together.

rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:12:31 PM

but i think as spark.bet say that have a good point too, need a innovative application which can help PIcoin has a great opportunity to become a good coin and can compete with another coin, Well lets say chat app i think that is also innovative application.
supersnips

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:29:23 PM

Nice to see progress going on. Just voted for the logo, there are quite some really good examples. I also got the weekend some hardware ready which I will use for the project for testing. If all things run fine, it will move to production server Smiley

voted 2, wish best luck for the coin
supersnips

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:43:34 PM

how does airdrop exactly work? Can someone explain it to me.

thanks
picoindev (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 07:11:21 PM

Joined the signature campaign, and looking forward to seeing PiCoin future. Good luck with your newCoin.
 by the way is there a poll for alg POW,POS or POS+POW?

You have been added Smiley
We have had a poll about POS only or hybrid. Algo is x13 right now, might be changed later if we see many asicminer joining picoin. But with running airdrop the mining amount might not be high enough for drawing attention of asic miners Wink

why no ico sir?

Cause the dev has been disappointed several times while participation in ICO's which gave false promises. So he decided to launch his own coin without ICO and without promises which cannot be realized. The development is progressing at his own timeline and as there is no ICO, the pressure for releasing the coin is less from the community.

I wish great success to this project.
Yes, thank you for posting this Smiley I see big problems with ICO because you can get scammed very easy. If the devs collects BTC and disapears, he is most likely gone and your BTC is also gone.
We also think that makeing an ICO is not good for new people in cryptocurrencies. In order to receive coins on an ICO or normal mining you must have mining equipment or invest into the ICO. Both situations are forceing you to invest money and that is not like want PiCoin to be. PiCoin will be available for anybody joining the signature campaign. This is also why the airdrop lasts for 6 months and not only for 2 weeks. One of our goals is it to create a strong community which is growing. Right now, you can see that more and more people are posting again here on the ANN. So there are not only lurkers who signup for airdrop, dump, and leave the coin.

Coins which are only created to generate profit for the dev will most probably fail at some point. But here, I do not see the focus on making profit, but to create something "new", even if the "new" part is only the community he put together.

I agree with you. Coins should have unique specs and features to be successfull. But right now, i think we just need a working wallet and a release. We have plans for the future, but again, if we promise something we can't hold in the future, this would be like we DON'T want to be.
I personally think, that our coin distribution and haveing a new born coin without any collection from the community besides time and signature/bounties, is showing that this coin is not made to make the two devs rich. Of course we want to have a nice coin and we have future plans. If we promise we will have a very very nice feature in let's say 2 months after the release. We then notice that implementation is very hard and we need more time. We would disapoint the whole community and the price will drop.
Just look on early coins. The all have been a clone of bitcoin. Then litecoin hit and new clones of litecoin. Some of the old coins are still being traded. Orbitcoin for example. It started as a scryptcoin. Then POS has been implemented. Scrypt asics have been a big problem for smaller/low hashrate coins. So the dev decided to move it's algo to neo-scrypt. Asics are no problem anymore. What i want to say is, that even if we launch a coin with no real "unique" features right now, we still have a stable wallet and two people behind it who want to have a good coin. So future development will happen and x13 might be changed to a different algo if we realise that asics are actually a problem.

how does airdrop exactly work? Can someone explain it to me.

thanks
The airdrop will last for 6 months. You can be a part of the airdrop by joining the signature campaign or complete/win a community contest. As a newbie you will need atleast 10 activity points in order to receive free PI. This is to prevent multiaccounts.
flaminius

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:39:49 AM

By the way, unless it has been spelled incorrectly on purpose, signatures should probably read "Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily", not "Join the signature campaign and earny free PI dayli".
picoindev (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 07:37:22 AM

By the way, unless it has been spelled incorrectly on purpose, signatures should probably read "Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily", not "Join the signature campaign and earny free PI dayli".

Thank you for reminding me about that. I don't know how often i say this "earny" but thought i'll first do something else. Signatures have been updated (also the pastebin link).
Please update your signatures :-)
qratzpalatz

Activity: 309

Too weird to live,too rare to die ;)

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:32:41 AM

Joined the signature campaign Cool
Ferrero

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 01:37:52 PM

I have updated my signature.

I'm a little lost, can someone explain to me how will the distribution work? Which wallet should I set up in order to receive coins?

Thanks
ryon

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:35:29 PM

must join signatur to receive airdrop?
rotzbouf

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:49:34 PM

I have updated my signature.

I'm a little lost, can someone explain to me how will the distribution work? Which wallet should I set up in order to receive coins?

Thanks

+1

Wallet is not yet released. As soon as the wallet will be available, it will be posted here.  Should be available on the coming weeks.

rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 05:11:37 PM

must join signatur to receive airdrop?
Not really, you can sign up in https://picoin.club/signup/ but better you also join PIcoin signature campaign,that the best way to earn more PIcoin as i see there if Jr.member allowed to join
castiloros

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:05:13 PM

i want to joined picoin signature campaign sir
Duchess

Activity: 232

Rubic stays cubic

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:25:50 PM

Looking forward to the airdrop. March is coming.

█████ ███ ██             ▐     Multi chain swap    ▐               Rubic Exchange              ▌    DeFi ecosystem    ▌             ██ ███ █████
Swap between 15000+ assets on 11 blockchains (ETH, BSC, Polygon, Avalanche, Moonriver, Fantom, Harmony, Solana, Arbitrum, Aurora, NEAR)
To add exchange widget to project site
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: