Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL might be shipping soon?  (Read 2432 times)
junbin (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:53:27 PM

From their forums:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html#post24150
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:58:46 PM

So there goes april.........heh.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

Don't worry guys, just one more month! I'm getting pissed right about now.. I have 2 SC Single pre-orders. How about a structured business plan, rather than a crash course with all of our money? I was one of the first 1200 to pre-order.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 12:23:27 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 07:05:28 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Short update today, more to come in the next day or two, hopefully.

We've been working on getting the software and firmware nailed down. Things are mostly stabilized at this point and with our current boards (we do not have the redesigned boards in house yet), power usage exceeds the 1w/GH, unfortunately, but it's much better than anything out by 40 - 50%, at the wall. We are gearing up to start shipping out some dev boards and a few Jalapeno's most likely this week (at least a few dev boards) and then as more chips roll in we'll be shipping out the Jalapeno's. When the new boards land in KC, we'll start shipping Little Singles and Singles at that time. I don't currently have a time frame for those, but I should have something later this week in regards to that.

Obviously, the minirig can't fit 1.5 TH/s in a case the size of what we were planning, but we have some interesting solutions with regards to that. Expect and update on there as well, but I did want to let everyone know we have several solutions to solve the minirig issue and we are moving forward on that front.

I did want to quash any rumors that there was something wrong with the chips; there isn't. The chips themselves are fine (other than using more power than we expected), the delay is strictly due to having to re-engineer the power system on the boards (which requires a larger PCB redesign to a degree) and refine/streamline our processes for getting chips from silicon to mounted on boards. Things will be rolling along soon, albeit a bit slow at first, and then picking up speed as the whole process is optimized and finalized.

Shoot a little bit lower boys, for they're riding shetland ponies...
Peleus

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:26:23 AM

TL;DR - SoonTM

Same as always.
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:36:19 AM

I expect they'll be out by June.

etheral

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:00:44 AM

I'm happy I didn't buy....
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 01:20:43 AM

Only 4-6 weeks to go!

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:31:09 AM

I expect they'll be out by June.

heh, you're being generous.

ThemThereHills

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:12:35 AM

It seems that the biggest contribution BFL is making to BTC is by teaching very gullible people a very valuable lesson.

They are the Jim Jones of BTC.
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:39:49 AM

Short update today, more to come in the next day or two, hopefully.

We've been working on getting the software and firmware nailed down. Things are mostly stabilized at this point and with our current boards (we do not have the redesigned boards in house yet), power usage exceeds the 1w/GH, unfortunately, but it's much better than anything out by 40 - 50%, at the wall. We are gearing up to start shipping out some dev boards and a few Jalapeno's most likely this week (at least a few dev boards) and then as more chips roll in we'll be shipping out the Jalapeno's. When the new boards land in KC, we'll start shipping Little Singles and Singles at that time. I don't currently have a time frame for those, but I should have something later this week in regards to that.

Obviously, the minirig can't fit 1.5 TH/s in a case the size of what we were planning, but we have some interesting solutions with regards to that. Expect and update on there as well, but I did want to let everyone know we have several solutions to solve the minirig issue and we are moving forward on that front.

I did want to quash any rumors that there was something wrong with the chips; there isn't. The chips themselves are fine (other than using more power than we expected), the delay is strictly due to having to re-engineer the power system on the boards (which requires a larger PCB redesign to a degree) and refine/streamline our processes for getting chips from silicon to mounted on boards. Things will be rolling along soon, albeit a bit slow at first, and then picking up speed as the whole process is optimized and finalized.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:55:19 AM

These clown have huge shoes.  I can't believe I placed a preorder with them but glad I got a refund when I did. I was able to buy BTC at 41, ride it to 225, sell and am waiting for it to go back to 41.  More profit from the refund than I would have ever made with their imaginary machines.

To the early preorder folks I say sell your preorder and buy BTC - you'll make more, even in the long run.

Look at that post above - back in October JZ was more concerned about the minirig's case.  With the Singles putting out over 150W of heat you would be lucky to even put 4 Singles in there without it turning into an oven.

Clowns....
Marrs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:52:08 AM

I'm looking forward to buying some of those cute asicminer USB miners, and some third party miners using Avalon's ASIC chips.

At this point, neither are actually available for sale, but I'll probably get both before I get my BFL SC.
barneyss

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:56:55 PM

yeah... sure...
i'll wait until this weekend to see with my eyes, if no ship, i sell my pre-order.. anyone interested in 2 x 5gh's?  Roll Eyes
northcape

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:58:43 PM

Perfect.  Cheesy
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:07:18 AM

Only 4-6 weeks to go!

'Till you get your dev unit Wink

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:20:10 AM

Congrats. Seems to me the biggest winners are those that simply just turned their computer off last year, and simply held onto their bitcoins. LOL! Talk about unnecessary customer frustration.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:43:27 AM

Congrats. Seems to me the biggest winners are those that simply just turned their computer off last year, and simply held onto their bitcoins. LOL! Talk about unnecessary customer frustration.

I actually didn't visit these forums from September to February.  I just ran my FPGAs and worried about how the reward halving would impact profitability.

My estimate last June was that February was the earliest plausible delivery if they had competent staff.  I was right about the date, but missed the team that would deliver in that time frame.
barneyss

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:59:23 AM

I actually didn't visit these forums from September to February.  I just ran my FPGAs and worried about how the reward halving would impact profitability.

My estimate last June was that February was the earliest plausible delivery if they had competent staff.  I was right about the date, but missed the team that would deliver in that time frame.

atm u can still make some profit if u bought a 5 gh's, its easy to sell on ebay for 2x paid price.
if u bought a 25 ghs your profit will be used to pay ebay
if u bought 50 u'll lose some money but not much
if u bought 1500... you probably have a lot of money and dont care about it
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:43:24 AM

I'm holding my breath!  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All