Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: TaaS — Tokenized Closed-End Fund  (Read 277149 times)
RAGEmond

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:56:07 PM

atm TAAS is investing in good projects .. also in longterm partnerships (like bancor) however how do you make a netprofit when you invest in a project and hold for longterm? Sure the value increses but theres no net profit = no profit-sharing .. and since the first profit-sharing will be soon we can expect 0.00$ cause theres no sell of any investments = no profit .. am I missing something?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LightSamuel

Activity: 100
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:57:49 PM

this is awesome!  I knew TAAS team is pro!

maybe TAAS would take a look for invest in great Slovenian ICO with innovative platform for trading energy!  

What do you think?   http://www.suncontract.org

Hi leetcoiner,

Thank you very much for providing us your ideas and feedbacks!

atm TAAS is investing in good projects .. also in longterm partnerships (like bancor) however how do you make a netprofit when you invest in a project and hold for longterm? Sure the value increses but theres no net profit = no profit-sharing .. and since the first profit-sharing will be soon we can expect 0.00$ cause theres no sell of any investments = no profit .. am I missing something?

Hey RAGEmond,

The team is looking forward to providing long lasting innovations to the community.
At the end of each quarters, profits sharing are still considered as profits sharing and everyone will get what they are entitled to get.

Thank you!
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:03:13 PM

That is awesome I also think Taas will grow rapidly because this team taking wonderful decision soon all holders will make nice profit so keep doing like this.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
LightSamuel

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:07:41 PM

That is awesome I also think Taas will grow rapidly because this team taking wonderful decision soon all holders will make nice profit so keep doing like this.

Hey TeraBite,

Our team is thrilled by this new investment and looking forward to getting new amazing partners!

Thank you for your comment and the trust you seem to be putting in us; it really is heart warming.
RAGEmond

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:08:06 PM

Hey RAGEmond,

The team is looking forward to providing long lasting innovations to the community.
At the end of each quarters, profits sharing are still considered as profits sharing and everyone will get what they are entitled to get.

Thank you!

Yes but my question was: how does TAAS generate profit which they will be able to share during quarterly "profit-sharing" if 1/7 of the capital has been invested in a longterm partnership which will be a HODL. Imo there is no net profit in july so nothing to share?
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:14:05 PM

Hey RAGEmond,

At the end of each quarters, profits sharing are still considered as profits sharing and everyone will get what they are entitled to get.

Thank you!

Yes but my question was: how does TAAS generate profit which they will be able to share during quarterly "profit-sharing" if 1/7 of the capital has been invested in a longterm partnership which will be a HODL. Imo there is no net profit in july so nothing to share?

Yeah I have the same question. But I think profit sharing will start from next quarter.
LightSamuel

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:03:21 PM

Hey RAGEmond,

Well, to be clear about the situation; long-term partnerships does not mean that they don't generate capital gains.

In practice, a portfolio reshuffling (not necessary but is an option if some of the positions are really hot and profitable) can happen on the last day of the quarter if needed. At any given point, we understand the FIAT value of ETH that we need to allocate for the payout and may gradually accumulate it OR liquidate some of the positions.

Thank you!

Yeah I have the same question. But I think profit sharing will start from next quarter.

Hi anahata,

You can refer to the answer I provided to RAGEmond.

Also; profits sharing are to start this quarter and the current date is scheduled to be in August.

Thanks!
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:24:13 PM

I hope this investment will raise Taas coin value. I'm still waiting for Bittrex to list Taas. I don't want to use Liqui, Livecoin or other small exchanges. Taas is over 3$ again now.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:12:36 PM

I was gutted when I got hacked by that etherwallet phishing site and lost over 500 TAAS to the hacker, but I will try to buy up some more over the next few days so at least I can have some TAAS long term as I really believe in this project.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
ccs5t

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:50:10 AM

Hey RAGEmond,

Well, to be clear about the situation; long-term partnerships does not mean that they don't generate capital gains.

In practice, a portfolio reshuffling (not necessary but is an option if some of the positions are really hot and profitable) can happen on the last day of the quarter if needed. At any given point, we understand the FIAT value of ETH that we need to allocate for the payout and may gradually accumulate it OR liquidate some of the positions.

Thank you!

Hi anahata,

Also; profits sharing are to start this quarter and the current date is scheduled to be in August.

Thanks!

You know that doesn't make sense and is making me concerned to be an investor in TAAS. There are zero capital gains if a position is held. IE if TAAS invested $1mil into BANCOR they would have to sell that position to have liquid gains to pay investors. So it seems what actually is going to happen is that TAAS is going to look at their paper returns from the 3 ICO investments and then pick an arbitrary number to return to TAAS token holders. That really isn't terrible, but it could go very wrong if the positions reverse ending up with a paper loss. This sort of model could quickly turn into a ponzi scheme...
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:27:52 AM

Hey RAGEmond,

Thank you!

Hi anahata,

Thanks!

You know that doesn't make sense and is making me concerned to be an investor in TAAS. There are zero capital gains if a position is held. IE if TAAS invested $1mil into BANCOR they would have to sell that position to have liquid gains to pay investors. So it seems what actually is going to happen is that TAAS is going to look at their paper returns from the 3 ICO investments and then pick an arbitrary number to return to TAAS token holders. That really isn't terrible, but it could go very wrong if the positions reverse ending up with a paper loss. This sort of model could quickly turn into a ponzi scheme...

it depends on if they don't hold any liquid assets to make payouts on their profits from the beginning (i.e. not over-leverage their ETH/BTC holdings).  Also, technically TAAS could never be a ponzi scheme, since they wouldn't be taking in any new capital investment.  The premise of a ponzi is to pay out dividends to investors from new money that flows into the fund.  They could do something similar, but I think the premise of the cryptographic audit they will be providing should allow for transparency and allow for confidence in the funds.
ccs5t

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:40:43 AM

[/quote]

it depends on if they don't hold any liquid assets to make payouts on their profits from the beginning (i.e. not over-leverage their ETH/BTC holdings).  Also, technically TAAS could never be a ponzi scheme, since they wouldn't be taking in any new capital investment.  The premise of a ponzi is to pay out dividends to investors from new money that flows into the fund.  They could do something similar, but I think the premise of the cryptographic audit they will be providing should allow for transparency and allow for confidence in the funds.
[/quote]

Well thats the thing it seems they wont be holding any liquid assets. As an investor I wouldn't even want them to be forced to liquidate positions just to issue a quarterly payout. While not a traditional ponzi it could work in a pretty similar manner. They could hold onto their existing positions and use funds raised to pay the quarterly dividends for a period, this would raise the value of the token and allow them to profit from that.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:52:47 PM

I am glad to know that August we will receive the dividends and I managed to purchase a few more TAAS the other day. I only have 130 but it's better than nothing. I hope I can get more soon if I make any profits trading over the coming days.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
daniweb

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:54:46 PM

TaaS first profit-sharing is scheduled at the beginning of August. Anybody knows how this will be done?
LightSamuel

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:48:45 PM

TaaS first profit-sharing is scheduled at the beginning of August. Anybody knows how this will be done?

Hey daniweb,

Well; it is in fact quite simple. TAAS are made with an Ethereum smart contract feature which allows the team to automatically send the calculated and proper amount of profits shares to each and single tokens.

Your TAAS address is in fact an ETH address where the ERC20 token is stored. As long as you are storing your tokens in a wallet that allows such contracts to be ran (example: MyEtherWallet or Mist); you will receive what you are entitled to get at the minute that the code is executed on the blockchain.

Hope I answered your question!

hrbt
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:33:17 PM

Hey daniweb,

Well; it is in fact quite simple. TAAS are made with an Ethereum smart contract feature which allows the team to automatically send the calculated and proper amount of profits shares to each and single tokens.

Your TAAS address is in fact an ETH address where the ERC20 token is stored. As long as you are storing your tokens in a wallet that allows such contracts to be ran (example: MyEtherWallet or Mist); you will receive what you are entitled to get at the minute that the code is executed on the blockchain.

if u have xxx coins in fund.taas wallet    and xxx coins on livecoin  will i get both dividends or i must put all coins to   taas.fund wallet?
LightSamuel

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:48:37 PM

if u have xxx coins in fund.taas wallet    and xxx coins on livecoin  will i get both dividends or i must put all coins to   taas.fund wallet?

Hi hrbt,

That is correct! You would get the profits sharing in both Ethereum addresses. That being said; the feature isn't available at the moment on exchanges. It is currently a work-in-progress (implementation).
To be noted that even if the feature is added; I wouldn't recommend anyone to store their TAAS on an exchanges for obvious security reasons.

I would advise you to store them on our website (taas.fund) or on MyEtherWallet for a better overall security.

Thank you!
Scam Exposer

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:42:16 AM

Hi LightSameul,

What would you like to say about the fraud your campaign manager is trying to do.

See this- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1922777.msg19470158#msg19470158
They have found another way to scam users.
They are paying less than required. And saying it to be a totaling mistake.

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1792938.msg19464309#msg19464309

You can also see there are more such mistakes like that in case of 'ether19' . His total comes out to be 132.45+20.71+59+42.01+10 = 264.17
but he is getting only 224.73 Taas according to final sheet

There may be more victims that may not even have noticed how they got scammed.

Archived pages-
Final total- http://archive.is/sARoF

Another thing that caught my sight. In the final bounty spreadsheet, he allotted 400 TaaS to Mr. Lee Trader for counting and calculation. Most probably it would be himself only.
So he is taking around $1200 for counting and calculation. Which aren't correct and have lots of mistakes.

If it's not him. And he has paid someone else for counting and calculation, he is an idiot. I would have done such calculations for $100 only.
daniweb

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:55:19 AM

Hey daniweb,

Thank you for your reply. I want to ask you if it is possible to get the profit-sharing if I keep the tokens in taas.fund website? I understand that I have to move them from liqui.
Otherwise I will move them to myetherwallet.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:04:00 AM

if u have xxx coins in fund.taas wallet    and xxx coins on livecoin  will i get both dividends or i must put all coins to   taas.fund wallet?

Hi hrbt,

That is correct! You would get the profits sharing in both Ethereum addresses. That being said; the feature isn't available at the moment on exchanges. It is currently a work-in-progress (implementation).
To be noted that even if the feature is added; I wouldn't recommend anyone to store their TAAS on an exchanges for obvious security reasons.

I would advise you to store them on our website (taas.fund) or on MyEtherWallet for a better overall security.

Thank you!

I will download the coins I bought form the exchange livecoin in order to get the dividends. I managed to get a few more but I am still way short of the 500 I had before I got them hacked but still even the few I have is better than nothing I guess. Who knows one day they might even reach 30 bucks a token!

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to: