Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:11:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150346 times)
Signus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:24:09 AM

Documentation is what I'm waiting for. I'm not going to invest in a set of chips that I may not have the hardware or steady hands to build. I always start with an initial design and a simple BOM before I even bother dropping the money.

I know the guys over at the DIY ASIC Build thread have come up with some concepts, but considering nobody really knows anything about these Avalon chips yet it is probably mostly educated guesses, which I'm fine with. I'll have to read more and see if any of them found anything.

But I will have to see if I can find a place to do batch jobs with a reflow oven. I just want my own, damnit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samurai1200

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:19:17 AM

At work (where I am an EE doing PCB design), I or my assembly ladies routinely solder down QFN-28 + thermal pad packages (careful use of a hot air gun). With my current order (12 chips), if I plan on making the PCB myself, for myself, I'll probably go this route. If I find that there's interest in my board on this forum (as I'll also be doing microcontroller firmware and PC interface also), then I'll probably open up a service where I do a batch assembly order (for BTC!). I would imagine theres a bazillion others on this forum planning on doing the same thing though. So it might end up that I just use their services.

Once Avalon releases the necessary information (essentially an app datasheet for the Avalon processor), I'll likely be developing applications for single chips ("just plug it in to USB and go"), 4 chips, and 10 or 12 chips (depending on data bandwidth scalability of common 32-bit processors). Again, I would imagine many people on this forum are planning the same. Lotta bright people round these parts.

But for now, we're all just salivating over the idea of the Avalon processor app note/datasheet.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
Signus

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:39:58 AM

At work (where I am an EE doing PCB design), I or my assembly ladies routinely solder down QFN-28 + thermal pad packages (careful use of a hot air gun). With my current order (12 chips), if I plan on making the PCB myself, for myself, I'll probably go this route. If I find that there's interest in my board on this forum (as I'll also be doing microcontroller firmware and PC interface also), then I'll probably open up a service where I do a batch assembly order (for BTC!). I would imagine theres a bazillion others on this forum planning on doing the same thing though. So it might end up that I just use their services.

Once Avalon releases the necessary information (essentially an app datasheet for the Avalon processor), I'll likely be developing applications for single chips ("just plug it in to USB and go"), 4 chips, and 10 or 12 chips (depending on data bandwidth scalability of common 32-bit processors). Again, I would imagine many people on this forum are planning the same. Lotta bright people round these parts.

But for now, we're all just salivating over the idea of the Avalon processor app note/datasheet.

If you do that, I'd be interested because any amount of simplification in building the system will make it worthwhile in the long run. Once I get those datasheets I'm going to designing throughout the night!

samurai, do you primarily use Altium or Eagle? I'm fond of Eagle, but I'm getting into Altium as I like a lot of it's routing features. Eagle to me was like fighting with..well..an Eagle. Haha.
samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:59:10 AM

If you do that, I'd be interested because any amount of simplification in building the system will make it worthwhile in the long run. Once I get those datasheets I'm going to designing throughout the night!

samurai, do you primarily use Altium or Eagle? I'm fond of Eagle, but I'm getting into Altium as I like a lot of it's routing features. Eagle to me was like fighting with..well..an Eagle. Haha.

I "grew up" on OrCAD 10 through 15, which had tons of bugs and quirks but was powerful once you knew how to work around them. For the past 2 years I've been using Eagle at work and home. I have not had the chance to use Altium, PADS, Pulsonix or others. Altium seems to be the de facto standard these days, but seats are SO EXPENSIVE.

I've gotten used to hand-routing everything anyway (used to do a lot of analog design), so Eagle is fine for me. Luckily I haven't had to do too much impedance-controlled lines, and what I have had to do I've just calculated/routed by hand.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
Signus

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:15:18 AM

I "grew up" on OrCAD 10 through 15, which had tons of bugs and quirks but was powerful once you knew how to work around them. For the past 2 years I've been using Eagle at work and home. I have not had the chance to use Altium, PADS, Pulsonix or others. Altium seems to be the de facto standard these days, but seats are SO EXPENSIVE.

I've gotten used to hand-routing everything anyway (used to do a lot of analog design), so Eagle is fine for me. Luckily I haven't had to do too much impedance-controlled lines, and what I have had to do I've just calculated/routed by hand.

That's nice. I wish I had used Altium for my RF projects. I always ruined the trace width in Eagle, since I couldn't group a set of traces to change the width on the final product at the end of the day would have different traces and impedances per line. It was awful.

I like OrCAD, but I think it has terrible part integration. I can deal with Eagle more than I can OrCAD, which I just use for simulation.
daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:05:17 AM

I do all my work in gEDA - gschem and pcb.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:10:58 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2013, 08:21:18 AM by Bicknellski

So we send to John? Or to you OP? Little confused here.

Bicknellski   20 BTC   with fees  the total is 20.5 BTC.

The total chips is 256.410256410256 or 256 chips in total rounded down to nearest whole number.

I agree with the terms and the escrow. We will also need to provide via email our shipping preferences to us and our address or are you going to use only 1 shipping agent OP?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:38:33 AM

I have received the email from OP and I'll verify it when I get home. I'm on mobile currently. Thanks.
I confirm I have received the following from OP
:

1. A scan of my driver's license.
2. A picture of me holding and showing my driver's license.

qbits

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:13:09 AM

hi JohnK, i will be sending btc on monday onto the add in this thread, please confirm that i will be able to vet chips in eu. another thing: most of buyers aren't interested in chips per se but rather working miner. is there any eta for those? i would prefer that, if someone will provide pcb and assembly service, my stuff is sent to the person providing such a service. i assume service will be provided for a fee. there is no need to duplicate work needlessly... br
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:53:51 AM

hi JohnK, i will be sending btc on monday onto the add in this thread, please confirm that i will be able to vet chips in eu. another thing: most of buyers aren't interested in chips per se but rather working miner. is there any eta for those? i would prefer that, if someone will provide pcb and assembly service, my stuff is sent to the person providing such a service. i assume service will be provided for a fee. there is no need to duplicate work needlessly... br

Please confirm with OP before sending the coins. I assume that he will require the total amount to be pledged successfully before initiating the sending process. There's talks of people who offer such services; please follow the thread closely.
qbits

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:48:09 PM

Please confirm with OP before sending the coins. I assume that he will require the total amount to be pledged successfully before initiating the sending process. There's talks of people who offer such services; please follow the thread closely.

I'm in the spreadsheet already for 38,46 chips. Can I please ask OP to increase my stake so that I'm in for a round 40 chips please? Seems that there is someone in Germany who can make 10 chip modules and I can only use an order which is a multiple of 10. thanks!!!

Can I transfer funds to the escrow address? What confirmation do you need from me? a message signed with my private address pm-ed to you? thanks!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:05:19 PM

According to OP here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.msg1890717#msg1890717
We will send BTC when 780 BTC is reached.

Yes, please just post to request OP to increase your stake here - he'll be happy to do so.

Please proceed with the payment after ragingazn628 gives to go-ahead. Please post the amount you'll be sending before sending the coins or sign your tx with your btc address to prevent others claiming your payment
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:52:35 PM

I'm in for 1btc if I can.  Are there any specs so far?
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:30:14 PM

Like Qbit, I was also hoping to get an even 40 chips. Could I go to 3.25 btc to get just above 40 chips?

Thanks!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:31:42 PM

Anyone who wants to up their stake can do so by posting and confirming here. OP will come along and update the list shortly when he comes online.

Heck, I can update the list if he wants...
fnordfnordfnord

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:57:47 PM

Anyone who wants to up their stake can do so by posting and confirming here. OP will come along and update the list shortly when he comes online.

I am interested in a small number of chips, like a dozen, has a price been settled upon?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:59:08 PM

I am interested in a small number of chips, like a dozen, has a price been settled upon?

Read the first post for all information pertaining to this please.
GodFader

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:33:25 PM

Hey, I'm on the spread sheet for 5.125BTC, just want to know if i can add it to 5.277BTC just to include the shippment to Israel, and if I can do it should I transfer the extra ship payment to josh already ?
ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:56:38 PM

added

I don't see myself on the list...
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:14:48 PM

Hey guys!

~~~Please DO NOT send any BTC to anyone yet!~~~

We will send to JohnK's escrow address and that address only!

this is because we are waiting until we reach 780 BTC so we can divide up the avalon shipping costs! If you already sent then you will have to send again once everything is calculated in!

@ JohnK I just gave you editing privileges on the google spreadsheet! Feel free to adjust any increment if anyone wishes to increase or decrease their BTC contributions. You can also add people etc. Just please confirm that you already did so I don't readd or change again Wink

1BTC = ~12 chips

Hey, I'm on the spread sheet for 5.125BTC, just want to know if i can add it to 5.277BTC just to include the shippment to Israel, and if I can do it should I transfer the extra ship payment to josh already ?

I changed to 5.277 - I won't know shipment to Israel until I get the chips. DO NOT SEND ANY UNTIL WE REACH 780!

added

I don't see myself on the list...

You're #54!

I'm in for 1btc if I can.  Are there any specs so far?

Added. SPecs? it's about 282mhs per chip.

Like Qbit, I was also hoping to get an even 40 chips. Could I go to 3.25 btc to get just above 40 chips?

Thanks!

DONE! Smiley

Documentation is what I'm waiting for. I'm not going to invest in a set of chips that I may not have the hardware or steady hands to build. I always start with an initial design and a simple BOM before I even bother dropping the money.

I know the guys over at the DIY ASIC Build thread have come up with some concepts, but considering nobody really knows anything about these Avalon chips yet it is probably mostly educated guesses, which I'm fine with. I'll have to read more and see if any of them found anything.

But I will have to see if I can find a place to do batch jobs with a reflow oven. I just want my own, damnit.

JohnK confirmed me Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: