Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL GROUPBUY 2 - 10% DISCOUNT - Mini and Quad 200 units max - GROUPBUY OVER  (Read 5148 times)
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:37:24 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 05:37:28 AM by bittawm

after over 120 units sold in the last groupbuy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1692452.0

Baikal is stil going to continue to honor this agreement please use the code: "Bittawm" when purchasing/communicating or purchase through me

10% discount

this groupbuy is for minis and quads

there is a maximum of 200 units available at this discounted price (quads count for 4 and minis count for 1)

GROUPBUY CLOSED ALL 200 UNITS SOLD

PRICE IS NOW BACK TO 300USD

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
ihong154

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:16:52 AM

The ROI for the quad will be around 7 months ish right?
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:32:17 PM

It is sent from China?
What value is on invoice? (because in EU is high VAT...)

felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 06:16:23 PM

no giants this time?
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:40:22 PM

we will be making a seporate Giant group buy, something extra special

beware of impersonators
charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:19:37 PM

Shipping cost for one and for two quads to EU?
kcheel

Activity: 188
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:15:33 PM

I would be interested in a Quad unit.  What would total price be shipped to NC, USA?  Any customs charges?
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:25:17 AM

Like kcheel, I too am interested in a single Quad tower.  Could be convinced to tack on an additional Mini if it positively affects shipping.  Illinois, USA.
I have BTC ready.  What must one do to get in on the group buy?

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
baikal

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

www.baikalminer.com

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:33:38 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 01:53:46 PM by baikal

Dear All,

After the first successful Group-buy which was planned to end at the beginning of the holiday of Chinese New Year, then extended to the end of holiday, and then to now. some frined just come to know now...

Thank you very much to all of you for the trust on baikal, very happy to see your satisfactions. We will always attempt to be better and better in the future.

Now, we officially announce that we will take out 200units more for this group-buy(10% discount), discount will invalid after sold out.

Some answers:
- For delivery, Yes, worldwide. Usually will use DHL/UPS, (Russia specifically use S.F.Express), other remote district can be sent by EMS. Shipping charge please contact to us and provide your purchase quantity and detailed address.
- Video guide for installing Baikal mini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FyeZr-Y95w
                                           quad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8QxuULLlU
                                           Giant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shybNOibvX8
- As Bittawn mentioned, We will launch another Group-buy for Giant soon.

Contact informtion please check as listing below.
(Kindly note our official skype is "baikalminer")

Any questions, simply drop your email to us.

Best regards.
Baikal

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!
galixxx

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:26:23 PM

I just got my Baikal Quadruple Miner which I ordered from one of the group buys mentioned in this thread. I just would like to share some experience I've made so far with the miner and with baikalminer.com. I had 2 scrypt miners from Innosilicon and thought I could buy an A4. But then I read the issues they had with multipools and in addition the skyrocketing diff change from Litecoin made me think not to invest in scrypt anymore…at least for the moment 
So as already mentioned I saw the offer via group buy in this forum and thought give it a try since also prohashing.com announced to offer an X11 multipool.
Ordering:
I ordered the miner during the Chinese holidays directly via email. I had few questions to baikalminer.com. Although they stated several times the response time could take longer than usual I got the response every time within few hours. I got my questions clarified, got the BTC address and paid with my hardly earned BTC’s.
Shipment:
The shipment was super-fast to Europe (Switzerland). February 3rd – 7th with DHL. I was on short vacation and postponed it to February 9th. The usual issues with DHL when getting an SMS at 07.30 am stating the delivery will be between 2pm and 5 pm and 15minutes later the doorbell is ringing… 
Unboxing:
The miner comes in a padded parcel which is not bigger than the dimension of the miner itself. The dimension of the miner is 140mm(L) x 100mm(W) x 355mm(H) and the weight 1650g according to the official website from baikalminer.com. It actually comes with all the needed wire. You have a wire with four single power plugs (to feed four units) at one end and on the other end a PCI-E plug which you can connect to a PSU. Alternatively you could buy four separate four power supply 2V/5A which I think I will buy going forward. Currently I am feeding the quadruple through a PSU from an open rig.
The other bunch of wires which got delivered is for connecting the four units together. The following video did help me to setup the miner properly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8QxuULLlU .
After that I had just to plug in the Ethernet wire into the quadruple and the miner was ready for its first start.
Initial operation:
I was very surprised that the first start was a success. Every unit has three led’s. A red led (assuming is the power led), a blue led which is blinking during the start-up and in the middle of the two a smaller green one which is blinking from time to time (assuming traffic light).
The miner obtains its IP through DHCP setup from your local network (I didn’t find an option so far to assign a static internal IP address to the miner though – maybe through terminal option within the GUI?)  Typing the IP address into a browser brings me to the login page where the standard password “Baikal” is needed.
Now I am into the GUI to communicate with the miner. It has 5 tabs – current miner overview (temps, pool information, hashrate per unit etc.), miner (pre-defined pool information, but also the possibility to enter your individual pool information and some sgminer options), settings (timezone settings, web password change, email alert and some options on remote control functionality), backup (backup and restore options) and terminal (self-explanatory).
Currently mining for approximately 10 hours with almost steady 600MH/S on X11 and quark coins. So far no issues and stable operation of the miner…tbc…

Let me know if you find that review useful or if you have any questions I could answer.
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:09:28 PM

I just got my Baikal Quadruple Miner which I ordered from one of the group buys mentioned in this thread. I just would like to share some experience I've made so far with the miner and with baikalminer.com. I had 2 scrypt miners from Innosilicon and thought I could buy an A4. But then I read the issues they had with multipools and in addition the skyrocketing diff change from Litecoin made me think not to invest in scrypt anymore…at least for the moment 
So as already mentioned I saw the offer via group buy in this forum and thought give it a try since also prohashing.com announced to offer an X11 multipool.
Ordering:
I ordered the miner during the Chinese holidays directly via email. I had few questions to baikalminer.com. Although they stated several times the response time could take longer than usual I got the response every time within few hours. I got my questions clarified, got the BTC address and paid with my hardly earned BTC’s.
Shipment:
The shipment was super-fast to Europe (Switzerland). February 3rd – 7th with DHL. I was on short vacation and postponed it to February 9th. The usual issues with DHL when getting an SMS at 07.30 am stating the delivery will be between 2pm and 5 pm and 15minutes later the doorbell is ringing… 
Unboxing:
The miner comes in a padded parcel which is not bigger than the dimension of the miner itself. The dimension of the miner is 140mm(L) x 100mm(W) x 355mm(H) and the weight 1650g according to the official website from baikalminer.com. It actually comes with all the needed wire. You have a wire with four single power plugs (to feed four units) at one end and on the other end a PCI-E plug which you can connect to a PSU. Alternatively you could buy four separate four power supply 2V/5A which I think I will buy going forward. Currently I am feeding the quadruple through a PSU from an open rig.
The other bunch of wires which got delivered is for connecting the four units together. The following video did help me to setup the miner properly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8QxuULLlU .
After that I had just to plug in the Ethernet wire into the quadruple and the miner was ready for its first start.
Initial operation:
I was very surprised that the first start was a success. Every unit has three led’s. A red led (assuming is the power led), a blue led which is blinking during the start-up and in the middle of the two a smaller green one which is blinking from time to time (assuming traffic light).
The miner obtains its IP through DHCP setup from your local network (I didn’t find an option so far to assign a static internal IP address to the miner though – maybe through terminal option within the GUI?)  Typing the IP address into a browser brings me to the login page where the standard password “Baikal” is needed.
Now I am into the GUI to communicate with the miner. It has 5 tabs – current miner overview (temps, pool information, hashrate per unit etc.), miner (pre-defined pool information, but also the possibility to enter your individual pool information and some sgminer options), settings (timezone settings, web password change, email alert and some options on remote control functionality), backup (backup and restore options) and terminal (self-explanatory).
Currently mining for approximately 10 hours with almost steady 600MH/S on X11 and quark coins. So far no issues and stable operation of the miner…tbc…

Let me know if you find that review useful or if you have any questions I could answer.

love the review mate, glad you are happy

beware of impersonators
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:58:37 PM

Hi Great review. Btw can you point each of 4 miners to different pools or algos. Or they work as one?
TheKoolaider

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:25:29 PM

So is it 300 Dash or 300 USD(18Dash?) for a Mini?
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:44:18 PM

300 USD, 1200 for quad. 10%  discount from shipping+miner.
TheKoolaider

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:19:50 PM

300 USD, 1200 for quad. 10%  discount from shipping+miner.

Oh man, this sounds tempting. I'll keep an eye out. Do you have a cut-off date?
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:24:40 PM

So it would be $300 plus an additional 10% off?  Do I order directly from their site and just include your group buy code?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
galixxx

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:33:51 PM

Hi Great review. Btw can you point each of 4 miners to different pools or algos. Or they work as one?
Hi, thx. No, the miner works as 1 single unit. I dint' find an option in the GUI to split the miner into 4 subminers. Maybe someone from baikal can comment this question?
What you can do is switching pools on the fly through the GUI. It takes a while but it works great.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:50:24 PM

Hi, thx. No, the miner works as 1 single unit. I dint' find an option in the GUI to split the miner into 4 subminers. Maybe someone from baikal can comment this question?
What you can do is switching pools on the fly through the GUI. It takes a while but it works great.

I think the only difference between the single unit and the tower is the cord that connects them together.  So unplug that cord, plug in 4 ethernet cables and configure each one separately to a different pool.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:15:40 PM

So it would be $300 plus an additional 10% off?  Do I order directly from their site and just include your group buy code?

you can either go direct or go through me, either way discount applies

beware of impersonators
galixxx

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:32:28 PM

I think the only difference between the single unit and the tower is the cord that connects them together.  So unplug that cord, plug in 4 ethernet cables and configure each one separately to a different pool.
I just see one ethernet plug at the bottom of the miner...so no possibilities to enter 4 cords into each unit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: