Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BFL a scam?  (Read 1294 times)
BNO (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:00:50 PM

I would like to hear your Opinions. After 6 months of promises and not delivering do you think there will finally be shipped something or not?

Greetings

The thinking that has led us to this point will not lead beyond - Albert Einstein

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:02:21 PM

I think they will ship something. The question is... what?
GodFader

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:03:21 PM

Nobody really knows.
It looks like it but for some reason there are alot of people who believes in this company.
wojtek

Activity: 75
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:04:48 PM

depends on definition of scam. it is quite legit company, just incapable of delivering what it sold.
if you would preorder duke nukem forever, wait 10 years of delays and it was quite bad int the end, is it scam or not?
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:08:25 PM

They are having problems and n some sense maybe not handling them well.  Luke-JR has a device in order to write the mining software for it.  so it does exist and does mine. 

They will ship, just not sure when.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:15:38 PM

Nobody really knows.
It looks like it but for some reason there are alot of people who believes in this company.
There is a need to believe. Avalon's 75 BTC miner is out of most people's price range.
mcarturr

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:25:50 PM

its not a scam, but they are delaying the release date because they are mining at their own, with your asics
BNO (OP)

Activity: 157

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:31:18 PM

its not a scam, but they are delaying the release date because they are mining at their own, with your asics

This is something i thought about a lot. Imagine your are souless person. The perfect business model for you:

- You don't need money you customers are paying the machine through the preorders
- You get such a large quantity of computers
- you mine with them and grow rich
- meanwhile you tell everyone about technical difficulties
- in the end you deliver so no trial no court but you got rich with others people money

The thinking that has led us to this point will not lead beyond - Albert Einstein
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:38:25 PM

While they may or may not be scammers, they are indeed liars, which can clearly be seen by the never-ending shipment delays. I think most people would agree that liars are more likely to scam, especially when they are not even willing to own up to their lies.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:40:53 PM

So it's a scam but not really a scam?
Awesome logic.
MouseTrap

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:43:07 PM

No its a scam, when you take money and lie you are scamming.
deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:47:22 PM

No its a scam, when you take money and lie you are scamming.

+1

alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:16:54 PM

They are scam in my eyes, no reaction at all since ages.
haaning

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:18:13 PM

i think they will ship at some point, but it will be a while.
zellt5

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:22:25 PM

its clearly a scam
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:28:35 PM

I would like to hear your Opinions. After 6 months of promises and not delivering do you think there will finally be shipped something or not?

Greetings

Here is a prior 23 page post on whether BFL is a scam or not.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.0

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Cosmorph

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:31:51 PM

Partly yes, delivery date promises then constant delays due to in part what is probably just poor engineering from the ground up. Avalons are ugly to look at but from what i've read they seem reliable and reasonably efficient compared to any GPU rig. (Butterfly Labs if you're reading this, they don't need to be pretty and they don't need to be super power efficient (as nice as it would be) mining 50Ghs at 600 Watts is fine by me.) We really need a new competitor in this field someone who's ready to deliver now (a man can dream). That being said beware of scams tons of those out there right now.
Cosmorph

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:34:01 PM

Greetings

Here is a prior 23 page post on whether BFL is a scam or not.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.0

Noobs can't comment outside of the noob section. Unless you can change that?
Dougie

Activity: 211

You are not special.

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:35:49 PM

depends on definition of scam. it is quite legit company, just incapable of delivering what it sold.
if you would preorder duke nukem forever, wait 10 years of delays and it was quite bad int the end, is it scam or not?
Great comparison! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Lurking since 2011...
1J4DhU3q6RxxCTfAAcg5ExVK6FfxkmzkTH
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:46:34 PM

Avalons are ugly to look at but from what i've read they seem reliable and reasonably efficient compared to any GPU rig.

The first part of the quoted statement is subjective. I find Avalons to be fine looking machines.

The second part of that sentence is rather silly. Avalons are not "reasonably efficient compared to any GPU rig". Avalons are an order of magnitude more efficient than the most efficient GPU rig. There's no way you could assemble anything near 66Gh/s of Bitcoin mining hardware based on GPUs and have them consume 620w. Not even close.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: