April 27, 2024, 04:47:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 [5978] 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368477 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:30:08 AM

We'd probably correct at about these levels anyway at some point. But the fact that any Chinese fart of the news can cause such moves is not doing any favour to Bitcoin and us who'd like to trade it. There's just no safety anymore that you could rely on charts, orderbook, momentum, fundamentals when any moment some shit could come from China and cancel all that.

I mean what's the point of waiting 3d MACD to cross when China could cause a hit to the price any moment.

?? do you really think trading is that easy?

There's no easier way on the Earth to make money than crypto trading in normal circumstances.

there s could be some truth about it. but if you cant take BTC trading because of the FUD, you shouldn t try forex... There s nothing more difficult than forex trading.

But i guess you have to see it by yourself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:30:25 AM

We'd probably correct at about these levels anyway at some point. But the fact that any Chinese fart of the news can cause such moves is not doing any favour to Bitcoin and us who'd like to trade it. There's just no safety anymore that you could rely on charts, orderbook, momentum, fundamentals when any moment some shit could come from China and cancel all that.

I mean what's the point of waiting 3d MACD to cross when China could cause a hit to the price any moment.

Trading is gambling.  You can make a living doing either.  Or you can lose everything doing either.  Once again, as has been shown today, I feel compelled to re-state that TA does not work with bitcoin.  Anyone who thinks it does has either simply got lucky a few times and so concludes that their TA is accurate, or they simply use it as a psychological support tool.
rudius

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:32:56 AM

Trading is gambling.  You can make a living doing either.  Or you can lose everything doing either.  Once again, as has been shown today, I feel compelled to re-state that TA does not work with bitcoin.  Anyone who thinks it does has either simply got lucky a few times and so concludes that their TA is accurate, or they simply use it as a psychological support tool.

TA IS a psychological support tool. What did you think it was?

TA works because traders use it.
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:33:00 AM

Was it really China? Or was it this:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/16/us-bitcoin-mtgox-idUSBREA3F09U20140416
Either way, this is plain stupid. When will they learn not to panic sell into a flash crash?

https://twitter.com/Magiicaltux/status/456329209624154112

Cheesy
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:34:00 AM

Had to laugh at the quote above "The Silly Americans are selling on this news" both sides blaming each other
But that is the American writing, yes?
strawbs
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:34:45 AM

In commodity markets, yes.  In BTC, no.  I repeat, no.
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 10:35:06 AM

There's no easier way on the Earth to make money than crypto trading in normal circumstances.

there s could be some truth about it. but if you cant take BTC trading because of the FUD, you shouldn t try forex... There s nothing more difficult than forex trading.

We'll see, I'm not doing bad last few days and I tend to learn a lot. It's pretty volatile too though.

I don't care about FUD here on forums and such, that means a little. CHinese FUD controls the market though and I can't trade anymore without being safe that they won't drop bollocks each minute and completely ruin my position.
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:35:14 AM

Had to laugh at the quote above "The Silly Americans are selling on this news" both sides blaming each other
But that is the American writing, yes?

Nope, not American.
xalex

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:35:56 AM

I entered at 140, never bought back in 2011. wasn't really good with money back then and it wasn't easy to buy coins then.

Those gains were when we were around 650. I doubt I'd collect more than 200 times gains now even if I'd sold all alts I have at highest price and that's impossible with such bad liquidity.

Buying coins in 2011 was indeed hard.

In 2011 there was gox for defining the price, and a wire transfer to Japan would take months (no joke). Building your own GPU mining rig was actually considered the #1 easiest way to get BTC.
I ended up driving to the other side of the country (this was in 2012) to trade face to face with a community member who had the patience of sending euro's to Japan.

The growth in the economic foundations (not talking about $ here) we have seen with cryptocurrencies is just insane. How many new exchanges do we have today? How more professional are they? How many new bitcoin businesses? There is so much time and value invested in the usage of this distributed ledger i have a hard time believing this could be anywhere below the current BTC market cap.

A new economy is being built from the ground up because of new technology, and it's being built extremely quick.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:36:44 AM

So how many of you traders just lost money because of this China "news" thing? Come on, i know there must be a bunch of you here. Please tell me so i can laugh in your face.
strawbs
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:37:28 AM

In commodity markets, yes.  In BTC, no.  I repeat, no.

Lol repeat LOL

Grin
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:37:42 AM

There are two reasons I want to leave btc trading and go to forex and stock trading:

1. My money is not safe on unregulated overseas crypto exchanges.

2. When I trade bitcoin I do not feel like I can be 'flat' on the market. There are two positions:

a. BTC. I am betting on the rise of BTC, but if I'm wrong, I lose value in USD and am 'losing money'.
b. USD. In this case I am betting on the fall of BTC, but if I'm wrong, I lose value in potential coins to buy and am 'losing coins' or 'missing the train'. Since bitcoin is in a huge historic uptrend, the implications of losing coins are high. Some bitcoiners even measure their wealth in coins and not dollars. In addition, when I hold USD I am also taking risk and betting on the safety of the funds on an exchange (see a).

So there is no position where I am 'flat on the market' and not making some type of bet and am content on leaving. I am tied to the market 24/7 to make sure I'm in the right binary position. It is a highly stressful and obsessive situation which has wreaked havoc on my life.

In forex, on the other hand, being in USD is always perfectly fine and you don't obsess about missed opportunity costs in one of the dozen currencies (or hundreds of other assets besides forex) you can trade.
seleme
Legendary

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 10:40:52 AM

I entered at 140, never bought back in 2011. wasn't really good with money back then and it wasn't easy to buy coins then.

Those gains were when we were around 650. I doubt I'd collect more than 200 times gains now even if I'd sold all alts I have at highest price and that's impossible with such bad liquidity.

In 2011 there was gox for defining the price, and a wire transfer to Japan would take months (no joke). Building your own GPU mining rig was actually considered the #1 easiest way to get BTC.
I ended up driving to the other side of the country (this was in 2012) to trade face to face with a community member who had the patience of sending euro's to Japan.

The growth in the economic foundations (not talking about $ here) we have seen with cryptocurrencies is just insane. How many new exchanges do we have today? How more professional are they? How many new bitcoin businesses? There is so much time and value invested in the usage of this distributed ledger i have a hard time believing this could be anywhere below the current BTC market cap.

A new economy is being built from the ground up because of new technology, and it's being built extremely quick.

To be honest I wasn't extremely interested back then. I was Internet marketer and have read about Bitcoin on some forums, came here once or twice, registered to ask some stupid question, checked Gox once or twice and that's it.

I did check it few months later though, I remember going on Gox and seeing 3-4$ price and saying meh, this is over  Grin

But when I bought my first coins in March 2013. and when that bunch started to grow and grow with trading I got addicted.
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:41:56 AM

That's a great point.  I checked out BTC back then but it was so difficult/convoluted to buy it didn't seem worth the hassle.  You had to be fully committed, so those who made that commitment were rewarded.

Those who couldn't be bothered (like me) will live with that regret on the ledger.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:42:38 AM

What alts are people in at the moment ? Theres been some wicked growth the last couple of days ?
Meridius

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:43:01 AM

There are two reasons I want to leave btc trading and go to forex and stock trading:

2. When I trade bitcoin I do not feel like I can be 'flat' on the market. There are two positions:

a. BTC. I am betting on the rise of BTC, but if I'm wrong, I lose value in USD and am 'losing money'.
b. USD. In this case I am betting on the fall of BTC, but if I'm wrong, I lose value in potential coins to buy and am 'losing coins' or 'missing the train'. Since bitcoin is in a huge historic uptrend, the implications of losing coins are high. Some bitcoiners even measure their wealth in coins and not dollars. In addition, when I hold USD I am also taking risk and betting on the safety of the funds on an exchange (see a).

So there is no position where I am 'flat on the market' and not making some type of bet and am content on leaving. I am tied to the market 24/7 to make sure I'm in the right binary position. It is a highly stressful and obsessive situation which has wreaked havoc on my life.

In forex, on the other hand, being in USD is always perfectly fine and you don't obsess about missed opportunity costs in one of the dozen currencies (or hundreds of other assets besides forex) you can trade.

Which exchange you prefer for cryptos?
rudius

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:43:37 AM

So there is no position where I am 'flat on the market' and not making some type of bet and am content on leaving. I am tied to the market 24/7 to make sure I'm in the right binary position.

All of that makes sense to me. I have bought BTC and i m hodling in paper wallet. I don t want to day trade it. It s a beast. Even more than GBP/JPY...

What you want is day trading. Looking to make a living on it, i assume. That is the most difficult thing to achieve. I whish you luck, but looking at reactions on this forum 90% of people will not last long on forex trading.
Especially for news time ^^  forex news is a bitch, never forget that

seleme
Legendary

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 10:43:59 AM

Absolutely that too. It would be amazing if we could see some huge rally soon so I could become rich Cheesy and then just leave some bitcoin position as investment, and trade some small part of my new riches on Forex/stocks from Monday til Friday because I love trading, it's exciting and I always dreamed about doing it.
p0peji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:45:30 AM

Extremely bullish patterns emerging  Shocked
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:47:26 AM

So how many of you traders just lost money because of this China "news" thing? Come on, i know there must be a bunch of you here. Please tell me so i can laugh in your face.

You really enjoy it , right? =)))))
Pages: « 1 ... 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 [5978] 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: