May 04, 2024, 03:41:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6605 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 6613 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 [6655] 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 ... 33320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371746 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:29:40 AM

Same as last weekend really, definately not worth trading it and be ready for the big green dildos when you least expect it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
edwardspitz

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:33:56 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 09:52:16 AM by edwardspitz

I educated some friends/family on bitcoin and kept them on call for a breakout. They were originally very interested and bullish about the fundamentals and were going to buy at $800 but I advised against it and to wait for the bull market to start. So I kept them in the loop all the way through the gox crash and through the (second) china crash. They were still interested most of the time. However, as we got to April/May, they started losing interest. I advised multiple times to buy at $450 but now things were looking too grim, "it is volatile - we thought it would be less volatile", "this thing is all over the map", "its been going down too long", "i dont feel the same way about bitcoin anymore", etc.  I alerted them again as the breakout at $460 occured and as it was passing $490 but they completely lost interest by that point.  I guess they will probably buy now at this point at $625. It is ridiculous the mentality of the average person to buy high and sell low.

Afterwards, you knew in advance.

Let us hope they start buying now Smiley I remember the dip to $340 and thinking "this is the end". I took me a long time @ $450 I started feeling just a bit confident that the fractal wouldn't repeat and that it might be a good time to buy.

Currently the sentiment is so bullish. I just witnessed how multiple "small" traders was taking out a buy wall that in principle was way too big for them. They could have waited and tried to use the wall to their advantage, but they just bought it. It took them an hour to get the job done Smiley Is now the time to be fearful or to hope that whoever put up the wall will soon need to buy back at a higher price? I think it best to always be fearful when trading Bitcoin Smiley
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:57:43 AM

I educated some friends/family on bitcoin and kept them on call for a breakout. They were originally very interested and bullish about the fundamentals and were going to buy at $800 but I advised against it and to wait for the bull market to start. So I kept them in the loop all the way through the gox crash and through the (second) china crash. They were still interested most of the time. However, as we got to April/May, they started losing interest. I advised multiple times to buy at $450 but now things were looking too grim, "it is volatile - we thought it would be less volatile", "this thing is all over the map", "its been going down too long", "i dont feel the same way about bitcoin anymore", etc.  I alerted them again as the breakout at $460 occured and as it was passing $490 but they completely lost interest by that point.  I guess they will probably buy now at this point at $625. It is ridiculous the mentality of the average person to buy high and sell low.

I think it best to always be fearful when trading Bitcoin Smiley

Yeah, it sounds like the best way to minimize your profits. You guys make me feel i do have an edge on most of you even if i don't believe in TA. I just think there is a 90%+ probability that we will be north 10 000$ by the end of 2015 and bought a lot of BTC. I believed a BTC for 600$ is a steal, and i bought, and again at 550$, 500$ to 425$ which is my lowest buying. Unfortunately i missed the fall to 340$ because i am in the wrong GMT. At 425$ it was an obvious buy, but you guys were posting random charts to say we might go a few bucks below so you have not bought for most of the daytraders. And now we are at 622$ and instead of double thinking and wondering if it is amazingly cheap, you are trying to buy at like 610$ risking to see 700$ overnight.

At some point many of you should realize hodlers have an edge on most of you, and especially you edward.
dreamspark

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:59:28 AM

Its a fact that most traders lose money and buy and hold is the best stratergy for most. IF you can play the game though there are good profits to be made.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:00:28 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:02:04 AM

Wait, but I thought Professor Bitcorn said $10 by end of Q2?

End of Q2 is June 30, so 30 more days.  Doesn't seem very likely, but still possible.
dreamspark

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:05:44 AM

End of Q2 is June 30, so 30 more days.  Doesn't seem very likely, but still possible.

I'd safely bet my house on it to be fair...

Bitcoin isn't going that low again unless there is a serious problem with the protocol itself IMO.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:16:03 AM

Yeah, it sounds like the best way to minimize your profits. You guys make me feel i do have an edge on most of you even if i don't believe in TA. I just think there is a 90%+ probability that we will be north 10 000$ by the end of 2015 and bought a lot of BTC. I believed a BTC for 600$ is a steal, and i bought, and again at 550$, 500$ to 425$ which is my lowest buying. Unfortunately i missed the fall to 340$ because i am in the wrong GMT. At 425$ it was an obvious buy, but you guys were posting random charts to say we might go a few bucks below so you have not bought for most of the daytraders. And now we are at 622$ and instead of double thinking and wondering if it is amazingly cheap, you are trying to buy at like 610$ risking to see 700$ overnight.

At some point many of you should realize hodlers have an edge on most of you, and especially you edward.

You are 100% correct. These traders are completely obsessed with charts, fractals and lines and fail to see that buying and holding is very often (way) more profitable.
They are obsessed with ridiculous buy in goals which they rarely get. The few times they make some profit is not worth it because they lose it again plus more when they miss the train. Which in the end they pretty much all do.

We all know the result. Sad and pathetic attempts to spread doom around here because they need the market to go down.

Anyway, it's kinda fun to watch so i hope they won't stop.
ihaveaquestion

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:27:05 AM

You are 100% correct. These traders are completely obsessed with charts, fractals and lines and fail to see that buying and holding is very often (way) more profitable.
They are obsessed with ridiculous buy in goals which they rarely get. The few times they make some profit is not worth it because they lose it again plus more when they miss the train. Which in the end they pretty much all do.

We all know the result. Sad and pathetic attempts to spread doom around here because they need the market to go down.

Anyway, it's kinda fun to watch so i hope they won't stop.
Yeah, i kind of enjoyed the trolling of fonzie. Unfortunately it seems he had rough days lately. It is not easy to have the guts to come trolling here when you were shorting BTC during a rally.
edwardspitz

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:29:02 AM

It is good to be fearful when trading Bitcoin because bad news can strike at any moment. A DDOS on an exchange is all it (could) take. For this reason I always have a stop loss in place. My overall strategy is to add to winners and quickly take down losers. It is pretty easy for me to enter and exit because I only have 10 BTC to play with. Currently I'm holding half my stash and I occasionally trade with the other half. Doing it this way gives me more confidence in my decisions, helps me sleep better at night, and still provides gives me a very good feel for where the market is currently headed. It is working out ok, but I would have done better if I had been holding all my BTC since $340 or indeed since $450. This is my first experience with a bull market and I'm still a newbe trader. The bear market taught me to cash out my winners early. I still do this with half my stash the moment I sense a drop is incoming. An example of this is when we had the latest drop: I got out just before it happened and I called the bottom perfectly. But then I took my winner to early and missed the quick rise back. I feel I keep learning and this is also important for me.
Threebits

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:30:24 AM

Really TA is something beyond my ability as I'm lazy spending time learning it. Because of my inability, I found it wired.

I must admit TA is not wired but useful in many cases, for many people. For me, I would just leave it as it gives me more uncertainty.

The certain thing under my territory is to buy dollar average cost and hodl, until my expectation appears. I wish this  works with bitcoin this time.
ShroomsKit

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:40:12 AM

Really TA is something beyond my ability as I'm lazy spending time learning it. Because of my inability, I found it wired.

I must admit TA is not wired but useful in many cases, for many people. For me, I would just leave it as it gives me more uncertainty.

The certain thing under my territory is to buy dollar average cost and hodl, until my expectation appears. I wish this  works with bitcoin this time.

There is no TA in the Bitcoin market. The prices are controlled by whales who pump and dump how and when they like. And also by the news. 2 things the traders can't control or predict. All they can do is run behind it and hope they get lucky.

And that's exactly what you see most traders here do.
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:45:31 AM

Because of my inability, I found it wired.

I must admit TA is not wired..

Do you mean 'weird'....or is this some new street slang?

What is weird about (what is essentially) mathematics?
ShroomsKit

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:47:42 AM

You are about to learn one of the biggest secrets in the history of the world…it’s a secret that has huge effects for everyone who lives on this planet. Most people can feel deep down that something isn’t quite right with the world economy, but few know what it is. Gone are the days where a family can survive on one paycheck…every day it seems that things are more and more out of control, yet only one in a million understand why. You are about to discover the system that is ultimately responsible for most of the inequality in our world today. The powers that be DO NOT want you to know about this, as this system is what has kept them at the top of the financial food-chain for the last 100 years

Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/gab_gallery/the-biggest-scam-in-the-history-of-mankind-debt-ceiling-truth/

Uh...ok Morpheus.
Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:49:22 AM

You are about to learn one of the biggest secrets in the history of the world…it’s a secret that has huge effects for everyone who lives on this planet. Most people can feel deep down that something isn’t quite right with the world economy, but few know what it is. Gone are the days where a family can survive on one paycheck…every day it seems that things are more and more out of control, yet only one in a million understand why. You are about to discover the system that is ultimately responsible for most of the inequality in our world today. The powers that be DO NOT want you to know about this, as this system is what has kept them at the top of the financial food-chain for the last 100 years

Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/gab_gallery/the-biggest-scam-in-the-history-of-mankind-debt-ceiling-truth/

It's called the Mandrake Mechanism. According to the legend, when the root(Mandrake) is dug up, it screams and kills all who hear it.

Excellent video.
edwardspitz

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:51:15 AM

I haven't studied TA carefully yet, but I think Bitcoin might be a good case for TA, so I plan to get more into it in the future. I have tried drawing some lines and have sometimes been successful. If you see a pattern forming then go with it, but if it stops behaving like you expected then reconsider.

The main things I monitor/use are:
- Support and resistance
- Candles and MACD on different time frames
- RSI (not sure how useful it is, but used in conjunction with other indicators it can help to make a more informed decision)
- The sentiment
- The average BTC price (I some times use this to determine if walls are put in place because someone wishes to sell at that price or if they are used to push the price down)
- TA from TradingView + my own DIY TA
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:52:02 AM

There is no TA in the Bitcoin market. The prices are controlled by whales who pump and dump how and when they like. And also by the news.

C'mon Shroomsy...you've spent the last six months pointing out how 'good news' normally foreshadows a drop in price, so 'news' is hardly an accurate gauge for predicting market movement.

And do you really subscribe to the 'trollbox' world view of 'pump and dump'?  For alts with smaller market cap certainly, but BTC....I think those days are long gone.  Whales may set trends but manipulating the market to the extent of 'pump and dump'; too many actors now.
ihaveaquestion

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:53:16 AM

It is good to be fearful when trading Bitcoin because bad news can strike at any moment. A DDOS on an exchange is all it (could) take. For this reason I always have a stop loss in place. My overall strategy is to add to winners and quickly take down losers. It is pretty easy for me to enter and exit because I only have 10 BTC to play with. Currently I'm holding half my stash and I occasionally trade with the other half. Doing it this way gives me more confidence in my decisions, helps me sleep better at night, and still provides gives me a very good feel for where the market is currently headed. It is working out ok, but I would have done better if I had been holding all my BTC since $340 or indeed since $450. This is my first experience with a bull market and I'm still a newbe trader. The bear market taught me to cash out my winners early. I still do this with half my stash the moment I sense a drop is incoming. An example of this is when we had the latest drop: I got out just before it happened and I called the bottom perfectly. But then I took my winner to early and missed the quick rise back. I feel I keep learning and this is also important for me.

Well, now enjoy the bull market. You do realize we follow a log trend, even if we are still below it now? Don't underestimate resilience. Gox was THE exchange. Now there are dozens of exchanges so if one fails, even Bitstamp or BTC-E which are both untrustworthy in my book, as we have already experienced a major exchange's failure and recovered from that, maybe noobs won't be so afraid when early adopters will tell them "yeah routine, +1000% this year too.". Same goes with government shit. PBOC made unbelievable efforts to make Bitcoin look bad and still here we are.
Don't take a big fall for granted if any bad news, that is what happens in bear markets, not necessarily in bubble times when the momentum is here.

I am not saying you should never sell, i did sell the day of the announce of the malleability of the transactions with the goal of buying back later and did pick the bottom. But don't overestimate yourself, we might just have been both lucky on picking the bottom once. Besides, i DO believe your default choice should be to hold bitcoins, not fiat, especially on these times when we had rallies, are under the long term logtrend, and that you can see many noobs on reddit saying they are coming. Even dogecoiners are finally realizing that Bitcoin is way more valuable and are selling their doge to get bitcoins, as you can see on the DOGE/BTC chart. Yes, even them finallly understand the value of Bitcoin. They needed 6 months to understand why it is better than dogecoin, some people are slow learners.

Anyway good luck with your trading.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:56:07 AM

Just woke up (it's the middle of the night for US)... Pretty pleased to see the buy support holding prices in the $620s for right now.
edwardspitz

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:59:55 AM

There is no TA in the Bitcoin market. The prices are controlled by whales who pump and dump how and when they like. And also by the news.

C'mon Shroomsy...you've spent the last six months pointing out how 'good news' normally foreshadows a drop in price, so 'news' is hardly an accurate gauge for predicting market movement.

And do you really subscribe to the 'trollbox' world view of 'pump and dump'?  For alts with smaller market cap certainly, but BTC....I think those days are long gone.  Whales may set trends but manipulating the market to the extent of 'pump and dump'; too many actors now.

+ Even whales will move in patterns to maximize their profits. And whales have to manage risks just like everybody else. Being a small fish it is useful to understand this and try also and follow what they are doing. What the do is basically to buy at wholesale and sell to us at retail. I forgot to add volume to my previous list, but that is obviously also very important.
Pages: « 1 ... 6605 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 6613 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 [6655] 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 ... 33320 »
  Print  

Jump to: