May 02, 2024, 06:03:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 [6730] 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 6742 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370999 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2116

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:28:34 PM

Adam ,

why can´t Chart Buddy post ccmf trains & dinos once in a while ??

Rich, get a dino riding those waves pronto  Grin

Hmm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:29:18 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessicastillman/2014/06/02/entrepreneurship-at-oxford-less-harry-potter-more-bitcoin/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:35:23 PM

Nice surprise right when I woke up, rpietila showing his mansion at the front page of Helsingin Sanomat, Finland's largest news papers:

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/Suomalaismies+osti+kartanon+bitcoinilla/a1401596630456

From the article:
"34-year old Pietilä may be one of the few people who got rich with bitcoin before the virtual currency crashed in value"  Roll Eyes

Also my first post here, been lurking tightly since the last bubble when I first learned about bitcoin and bought my first ones. Bought a little more this morning after reading the news.  Grin

He looks a lot like Anders Breivik, I reckon.

I almost hate to say this; however, I cannot resist.

If someone who looks like this guy in this picture has a lot of money, then he needs to put that money to work for his own benefit, health wise.  I am NOT talking about the genetic factors that cannot be changed, and I am sorry if there are unknown genetic factors present.

What I am suggesting is that this person, seemingly admittedly Rpietila, is looking too sickly for a 34 year old in the 21st century.  These days we have longer longevities, but this picture looks like a person who is nearly on his death bed - pale and a kind of skinny fat.

Rpietila, I make this suggestion to you without hate and with your best interest in mind - b/c I would like you to be around in 1 year or 10 years or more, if possible. 

I would prescribe changing some of the health factors that are within your control, and you have additional control over several lifestyle matters b/c you are supposedly well off in the money department (you do NOT have to work, if you do NOT want to).   

Most important is diet.  You need to make sure that you are getting sufficient quantities of meat and fat in your diet.  Red meat, fatty fish would be good to make sure as staples.   Some green vegetables would be good too.  Cut out foods with added sugars, and especially a large number of processed foods, including those with fillers such as wheat, corn and soy.  Try to limit your carbs to less than 35% of your diet.  Actually less than 20% would be o.k. too, but up to 35% is acceptable so long as those carbs are mostly whole foods, and are not dominated by processed foods and sugars.

2nd :  Sleep.  Most people need at least 6 hours per day, but 6-9 hours may be o.k.  More than 9 hours may NOT be good.

3rd:  Exercise.  Of course this can vary based on your total activities, but from the look of the picture, you have NOT been getting too much exercise in recent years.  At minimum you should be getting 2 hours per week over 3 days.  I would recommend more however, such as 4-5 hours of exercise per week.   You do NOT want to over do exercise, b/c you need to control inflammation, especially if you are NOT used to exercise.    Also, most people need to space out their exercise in order to build in rest and recuperation times, especially as we get older. You can combine resistance training such as weights with cardio-vascular.  But since it looks like you may NOT exercise too much, you may want to warm up 5-10 minutes of cardiovascular before partaking in resistance training.  Usually, it is better to save the bulk of the cardio-vascular for the end of your work-out rather than the beginning b/c you do NOT want to wear yourself out with cardio-vascular when it appears that you may need some muscle building.

2 more advice:

No smoking

Light drinking

Gosh... they are even in the picture.   Yes..... agreed about the no smoking and light drinking - though I think those two are lower on the priorities (4th and 5th).  Maybe getting some sunlight would also be good?  I know being in the NORTHERN latitudes, this is NOT always easy in the winter months, but still getting sunshine is important, and you do NOT need as much when you are light-skinned - maybe 60 minutes a week.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:45:37 PM

Nice surprise right when I woke up, rpietila showing his mansion at the front page of Helsingin Sanomat, Finland's largest news papers:

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/Suomalaismies+osti+kartanon+bitcoinilla/a1401596630456

From the article:
"34-year old Pietilä may be one of the few people who got rich with bitcoin before the virtual currency crashed in value"  Roll Eyes

Also my first post here, been lurking tightly since the last bubble when I first learned about bitcoin and bought my first ones. Bought a little more this morning after reading the news.  Grin

If someone who looks like this guy in this picture has a lot of money, then he needs to put that money to work for his own benefit, health wise.  I am NOT talking about the genetic factors that cannot be changed, and I am sorry if there are unknown genetic factors present.

What I am suggesting is that this person, seemingly admittedly Rpietila, is looking too sickly for a 34 year old in the 21st century.  These days we have longer longevities, but this picture looks like a person who is nearly on his death bed - pale and a kind of skinny fat.

Rpietila, I make this suggestion to you without hate and with your best interest in mind - b/c I would like you to be around in 1 year or 10 years or more, if possible. 

I would prescribe changing some of the health factors that are within your control, and you have additional control over several lifestyle matters b/c you are supposedly well off in the money department (you do NOT have to work, if you do NOT want to).   

Most important is diet.  You need to make sure that you are getting sufficient quantities of meat and fat in your diet.  Red meat, fatty fish would be good to make sure as staples.   Some green vegetables would be good too.  Cut out foods with added sugars, and especially a large number of processed foods, including those with fillers such as wheat, corn and soy.  Try to limit your carbs to less than 35% of your diet.  Actually less than 20% would be o.k. too, but up to 35% is acceptable so long as those carbs are mostly whole foods, and are not dominated by processed foods and sugars.

2nd :  Sleep.  Most people need at least 6 hours per day, but 6-9 hours may be o.k.  More than 9 hours may NOT be good.

3rd:  Exercise.  Of course this can vary based on your total activities, but from the look of the picture, you have NOT been getting too much exercise in recent years.  At minimum you should be getting 2 hours per week over 3 days.  I would recommend more however, such as 4-5 hours of exercise per week.   You do NOT want to over do exercise, b/c you need to control inflammation, especially if you are NOT used to exercise.    Also, most people need to space out their exercise in order to build in rest and recuperation times, especially as we get older. You can combine resistance training such as weights with cardio-vascular.  But since it looks like you may NOT exercise too much, you may want to warm up 5-10 minutes of cardiovascular before partaking in resistance training.  Usually, it is better to save the bulk of the cardio-vascular for the end of your work-out rather than the beginning b/c you do NOT want to wear yourself out with cardio-vascular when it appears that you may need some muscle building.

Ok, I understand that you are a troll, but still, that's ill-spirited and harsh! It is not the best picture. Lighting is bad, angle is bad, etc. Also, Risto lives in Finland, no shit he is pale Cheesy

I don't know where you get your information about me supposedly being a troll.  That comment is total bullshit, and if you read much substance of my multiple posts, you would realize that I make my posts with genuine attempts to communicate relevant ideas and without any ill-intentions towards anyone, except maybe trolls.. hehehe, which I again assert that I am NOT... .  Accordingly, I even stated in my earlier post (and I meant it) that I did NOT make my comments towards Rpietila lightly or with any maligned intentions towards RPietila.

Regarding the substance of your comment.  Lighting and angle are NOT going to account for the bad health that is depicted in such picture.  Genetics may account for some of such depiction, and I stated that I was sorry, if genetics were the case... and that is why I largely attempted to focus my comments on the three main controllables (diet, sleep and exercise). 

ChrisML

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:50:04 PM

Bye bye BTC-E spike. Dumped hard  Cool
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 06:53:36 PM

Stamp still at ~630. The entire day.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:54:29 PM

Gann ratios tell me to expect a pop to 700 (top of the 1:2 channel), or else it drops to the 1:3 channel.
romneymoney

Activity: 193
Merit: 117

HODL

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:57:05 PM

wtf unsolicited health advice
gee, rpietila can be healthier if he eats better, exercises more, don't smoke/drink.   Like anybody with a pulse isn't already aware of that

ChrisML

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:57:20 PM

Gann ratios tell me to expect a pop to 700 (top of the 1:2 channel), or else it drops to the 1:3 channel.

The question is, when will this happen Tongue
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:59:14 PM

I don't know where you get your information about me supposedly being a troll.  That comment is total bullshit, and if you read much substance of my multiple posts, you would realize that I make my posts with genuine attempts to communicate relevant ideas and without any ill-intentions towards anyone, except maybe trolls.. hehehe, which I again assert that I am NOT... .  Accordingly, I even stated in my earlier post (and I meant it) that I did NOT make my comments towards Rpietila lightly or with any maligned intentions towards RPietila.

Regarding the substance of your comment.  Lighting and angle are NOT going to account for the bad health that is depicted in such picture.  Genetics may account for some of such depiction, and I stated that I was sorry, if genetics were the case... and that is why I largely attempted to focus my comments on the three main controllables (diet, sleep and exercise).  

You realize you post in a forum where, by virtue of the topic and the alignments with that topic, there's probably a pretty big overlap between users here and the crowd that populates your typical computer science/physics/math department...

When was the last time you have been to one of those? I'm afraid, you'd be advising a lot of people on the "three main controllables" in one of those
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:59:40 PM

DRK on Bitfinex guys, get it while its hot Wink
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:00:26 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:01:27 PM

no one has time for that

Rpietila won't live forever

bullish?

I got a chuckle out of your post, and admittedly, I probably already said more than my fair share about that situation.  So I will refrain from saying more, for the moment.

Adam: 

I am wondering whether you could make the poll into ranges rather than absolute numbers..  and maybe provide the date to which you refer (end of the week is ambiguous)

For example:

"By June 6th, BTC prices will be:

less than $500
$500-$549
$550-$599
$600-$649
$650-$699
$700-$749
$750-$799
$800-$849
More than $849?"

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:02:15 PM

The poll seems awfully bearish.
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:02:55 PM

The photo about rptiella is obviously overexposed, so you can't make any conclusion about his health.
If he likes to smoke, let him enjoy it, what's the point of having money, if you have to live like a super ninja monk or some health freak.

It's better to do what you like and be dead before going senile, then wetting yourself while you're waiting to die.
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:03:26 PM

From the article:

He was involantarily hospitalized in a mental institution a year ago. Now he is out, drinking alcohol and giving financial advice to the people who visit this forum.
And you're writing a 500 word post on how he looks unhealthy in his photo.

You guys concentrate on the weirdest things..
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:03:34 PM

It's better to do what you like and be dead before going senile, then wetting yourself while you're waiting to die.

+ 21000000
bpnave

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:06:34 PM

The photo about rptiella is obviously overexposed, so you can't make any conclusion about his health.
If he likes to smoke, let him enjoy it, what's the point of having money, if you have to live like a super ninja monk or some health freak.

I disagree, but only because I want different things out of life than just pleasure. Many people want a family and to be surrounded by loved ones, meaning every next moment they spend with those people is worth nearly any kind of suffering they may be feeling at the moment.

Honestly, I think interpersonal relationships are just more rewarding in the first place than any pleasure a person could get on their own.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:08:48 PM

The photo about rptiella is obviously overexposed...

Funnily enough (after seeing the photo re-quoted to exhaustion) I noticed exactly the same thing from the color of the wine. Unless the camera has an exceptionally crappy dynamic range but a professional photographer wouldn't have the shittiest dynamic range camera.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4466

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:10:30 PM

Wow. Risto sure has charisma.

I can't think of any other poster who garners so much gossip and personal attention.

No wonder he's not lacking in self esteem.

Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 [6730] 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 6742 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: