July 03, 2024, 10:31:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14324 14325 14326 14327 14328 14329 14330 14331 14332 14333 14334 14335 14336 14337 14338 14339 14340 14341 14342 14343 14344 14345 14346 14347 14348 14349 14350 14351 14352 14353 14354 14355 14356 14357 14358 14359 14360 14361 14362 14363 14364 14365 14366 14367 14368 14369 14370 14371 14372 14373 [14374] 14375 14376 14377 14378 14379 14380 14381 14382 14383 14384 14385 14386 14387 14388 14389 14390 14391 14392 14393 14394 14395 14396 14397 14398 14399 14400 14401 14402 14403 14404 14405 14406 14407 14408 14409 14410 14411 14412 14413 14414 14415 14416 14417 14418 14419 14420 14421 14422 14423 14424 ... 33502 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26410438 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:00:25 AM

Coin

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10454

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:17:05 AM

3K bidwall on BFX

EDIT: Aaaand it's gone.

lasted less than 1 minute, and someone sold 800 bitcoin to that wall. What do you think about this kind of trick ?

Looks like it backfired. Someone trying to push the price up or hold it up in a futile effort to keep the 1 HR moving average green.

Nobody's buying my coins retail. I have to keep lowering my premium and they still don't move. 

You are a fucking liar in this post.  You had plenty opportunity to sell your coins in the upper $420s in the past 12 hours or so, if you really wanted to sell your coins, and if you have any to sell.

The only reason you wouldn't be able to sell you coins is that you would have been attempting to sell them at a 1% or more above retail, and farting around with your price, as to never get them to sell.

So, yes, sincerity is important, when you are spinning such bullshit... regarding supposedly what you have been attempting to accomplish, but supposedly unable to accomplish.

Ok, let me explain to you how this works: I have a couple of coins that I sell retail. When I do, I take some of the cash I have sitting on the exchange and I rebuy the same amount I sell, thereby reducing the amount of fiat at BFX that is at risk of vanishing if the exchange goes gox while keeping my exposure to price changes neutral except for the coins I am using to ferry out my cash. 

I don't care if the price goes up or down. If it goes down far enough, I can buy with the cash I have on the exchange. If it goes up a little, I sell one or two coins at a time and rebuy with the same pile of cash. If it keeps going up and this becomes the next great bull market, I'll keep selling until my trading cash is exhausted and then I'll start selling my cold storage coins. I'll sell those until I run out and then you'll probably not hear from me again.

However if, as I suspect, this whole rally above the $300 range is a bulltrap that will end in fullblocalypse, then there will be some real bargains in the future and hodlers are going to miss an opportunity. You had better hope that doesn't happen because then this thread will get rather more sympathetic to my viewpoint.

I don't mind if members of the thread get sympathetic to your viewpoint as long as you are not just making things up.   

I certainly don't know how prices or the scaling blockchain is going to work out in terms of market dynamics, but it does seem likely that you will not be going away soon.  I mean, it sounds like the best case scenario for you going away would be if the price gradually went up and you cashed out, but historically, it seems that nothing is really gradual in bitcoin, and I really have my doubts that you would be good for your word and really leave bitcoin, in that best case scenario.   

in other words, your an addict, admit it...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:20:03 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2015, 12:34:11 AM by Fatman3001

[blah blah blah]
Regarding parties connected to myself, I don't really seek any of that; however, I imaging that quite a few mid-term BTC investors (those investing from late 2013 and even through 2014) are recently coming out of the red, and we gotta feel good about that, no?
[yada yada yada]

Not losing money isn't much to celebrate. In Bitcoin you'll have to make 10-100x what you invested in order to earn the silly hats and firecrackers.

Well, part of my point in bringing up examples about my personal BTC portfolio / strategies is to get feedback and to share information regarding bitcoin investment strategies....

Sure. Not really relevant to what I wrote or replied to, but short.

If you want to talk strategies you might want to stop bashing people who bought their coins at $1.20 instead of $1200.

And if that confederate flag waving hick, BJA, wants to cash out and make his life more comfortable for himself and his confederate flag waving children, I think he should be allowed to do so in his own time.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 12:32:57 AM

3K bidwall on BFX

lasted less than 1 minute, and someone sold 800 bitcoin to that wall. What do you think about this kind of trick ?

Looks like it backfired. Someone trying to push the price up or hold it up in a futile effort to keep the 1 HR moving average green.

Nobody's buying my coins retail. I have to keep lowering my premium and they still don't move. 

You are a fucking liar in this post.  You had plenty opportunity to sell your coins in the upper $420s in the past 12 hours or so, if you really wanted to sell your coins, and if you have any to sell.

The only reason you wouldn't be able to sell you coins is that you would have been attempting to sell them at a 1% or more above retail, and farting around with your price, as to never get them to sell.

So, yes, sincerity is important, when you are spinning such bullshit... regarding supposedly what you have been attempting to accomplish, but supposedly unable to accomplish.

Ok, let me explain to you how this works: I have a couple of coins that I sell retail. When I do, I take some of the cash I have sitting on the exchange and I rebuy the same amount I sell, thereby reducing the amount of fiat at BFX that is at risk of vanishing if the exchange goes gox while keeping my exposure to price changes neutral except for the coins I am using to ferry out my cash. 

I don't care if the price goes up or down. If it goes down far enough, I can buy with the cash I have on the exchange. If it goes up a little, I sell one or two coins at a time and rebuy with the same pile of cash. If it keeps going up and this becomes the next great bull market, I'll keep selling until my trading cash is exhausted and then I'll start selling my cold storage coins. I'll sell those until I run out and then you'll probably not hear from me again.

However if, as I suspect, this whole rally above the $300 range is a bulltrap that will end in fullblocalypse, then there will be some real bargains in the future and hodlers are going to miss an opportunity. You had better hope that doesn't happen because then this thread will get rather more sympathetic to my viewpoint.

I don't mind if members of the thread get sympathetic to your viewpoint as long as you are not just making things up.   

I certainly don't know how prices or the scaling blockchain is going to work out in terms of market dynamics, but it does seem likely that you will not be going away soon.  I mean, it sounds like the best case scenario for you going away would be if the price gradually went up and you cashed out, but historically, it seems that nothing is really gradual in bitcoin, and I really have my doubts that you would be good for your word and really leave bitcoin, in that best case scenario.   

in other words, your an addict, admit it...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I never denied it, but I am reducing my exposure and will continue to do so until the scaling issue is resolved or until I run out of coins, whichever comes first. I used to think that all I had to do was wait for the halving, but it is fairly clear that we'll get full blocks before then, and so the future is unknown. Anyone not in a position to wait until we have a better idea how this plays out is likely to make some bad trades.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:34:55 AM

If you want to talk strategies you might want to stop bashing people who bought their coins at $1.20 instead of $1200.

I told myself a handful of pages back that I was going to disengage from this particular branch of this thread.

Damn you, Fatman, for making an observation so pithy that it compels me to relate that I am very happy I had not a mouthful of coffee when I read it.  Grin
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 12:41:40 AM

if that confederate flag waving hick, BJA, wants to cash out and make his life more comfortable for himself and his confederate flag waving children, I think he should be allowed to do so in his own time.

I suppose if I had to pick a side in the War between the States, I would chose the South, but as an anarcho-capitalist, I really wouldn't have my heart in it.  Generally speaking, when two groups of statists fight each other, the winning move is to get out of the way.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:00:24 AM

Coin

Explanation
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:03:56 AM

$400 barrier is a bitch ain't it   Cheesy
Don't ask me what this post was about when it was $397 less than a month ago Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:06:57 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2015, 01:29:37 AM by JayJuanGee

3K bidwall on BFX

You are a fucking liar in this post.  You had plenty opportunity to sell your coins in the upper $420s in the past 12 hours or so, if you really wanted to sell your coins, and if you have any to sell.

I certainly don't know how prices or the scaling blockchain is going to work out in terms of market dynamics, but it does seem likely that you will not be going away soon.  I mean, it sounds like the best case scenario for you going away would be if the price gradually went up and you cashed out, but historically, it seems that nothing is really gradual in bitcoin, and I really have my doubts that you would be good for your word and really leave bitcoin, in that best case scenario.  

in other words, your an addict, admit it...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I never denied it, but I am reducing my exposure and will continue to do so until the scaling issue is resolved or until I run out of coins, whichever comes first. I used to think that all I had to do was wait for the halving, but it is fairly clear that we'll get full blocks before then, and so the future is unknown. Anyone not in a position to wait until we have a better idea how this plays out is likely to make some bad trades.

Well, that's a fair enough personal assessment, and if you put your money where your mouth is, then surely, you will be able to reduce your exposure over the coming months.

I personally believe that there is not any major need to reduce exposure, but each of us will need to decide based on our own personal situation and the totality of our various investments... At this point I anticipate continuing to accumulate BTC for quite some time ...

But, i certainly agree with the concept of rebalancing the totality of your holdings... so for example, if your average price is below $100 (or even below $20), and the price went from $250 to $500, you may feel it's a good idea to cash out some if not all of those coins.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:12:35 AM

[blah blah blah]
Regarding parties connected to myself, I don't really seek any of that; however, I imaging that quite a few mid-term BTC investors (those investing from late 2013 and even through 2014) are recently coming out of the red, and we gotta feel good about that, no?
[yada yada yada]
ç

Not losing money isn't much to celebrate. In Bitcoin you'll have to make 10-100x what you invested in order to earn the silly hats and firecrackers.

Well, part of my point in bringing up examples about my personal BTC portfolio / strategies is to get feedback and to share information regarding bitcoin investment strategies....

Sufficiently relevant to the extent that I chose to respond to your attempts at little and unnecessary digs...   And, long enough as I deemed adequate to make my point(s).

Looks like you are engaging in exaggerations in order to attempt to provide unsolicited advice.    Roll Eyes

And if that confederate flag waving hick, BJA, wants to cash out and make his life more comfortable for himself and his confederate flag waving children, I think he should be allowed to do so in his own time.

Who's attempting to stop him from doing what he wants regarding his BTC holdings.  He seems to be handling himself just fine in the conversation, no?

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 01:32:05 AM

^^Translation: "Fine, sell. I don't care. You sell now, I'll sell later. I don't care."

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

a $4 bump is hardly a reason for train gifs. What does a $10 bump get, rockets? 
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:38:57 AM

^^Translation: "Fine, sell. I don't care. You sell now, I'll sell later. I don't care."

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

a $4 bump is hardly a reason for train gifs. What does a $10 bump get, rockets? 

The train is going sideways...

Don't lecture me!
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:49:22 AM

[blah blah blah]
[yada yada yada]
Sufficiently relevant to the extent that I chose to respond to your attempts at little and unnecessary digs...   And, long enough as I deemed adequate to make my point(s).

Nope

Looks like you are engaging in exaggerations in order to attempt to provide unsolicited advice.    Roll Eyes

Nope

Who's attempting to stop him from doing what he wants regarding his BTC holdings.  He seems to be handling himself just fine in the conversation, no?

Sometimes, when you see someone facing an insurmountable task, you step up without being asked.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:53:07 AM

Well, you handled my thinly veiled insult with a convoluted wall of text... so at least I'm reasonably sure I am still conversing with the original owner of this nick.  Cheesy

I will take that as a joke comment, and maybe you will still plan to attend the break even party, if it were to occur, and even attempt a little gusto in the celebrations.    Tongue Tongue Tongue

Regarding wall of text, there is some meaning within those words, if you were to read them.   Wink

I'll forego commenting on your perception of BJA's "grievous lies".

I don't know about "grievous," but I was irresistibly motivated to point out the issue near the time of the occurence.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:56:45 AM

Sometimes, when you see someone facing an insurmountable task, you step up without being asked.

In some circles, that would be classified as "white knighting," no?   but whatever floats your boat.  If you think, BJA needs your assistance, then surely that's your choice.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:00:26 AM

Coin

Explanation
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:08:01 AM

In some circles, that would be classified as "white knighting," no?   but whatever floats your boat.  If you think, BJA needs your assistance, then surely that's your choice.

Other circles again would just call it trolling, but that's why I like this place.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 02:18:01 AM

What am I lying about, again? I was trying to sell a couple coins, they finally sold at about $430 (retail). I bought them back at a slight discount, but other than that my entire trading account is in cash. Honest injun.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:19:01 AM

Other circles again would just call it trolling, but that's why I like this place.

some trolling is tolerated in this forum and probably more so in this thread, since the topics entertained herein tend to be extremely varied and even diverging from their connection with bitcoin (though some of us could argue that most topics are somehow connected with bitcoin), but you've gotta admit that other trolling just goes too far, including Lambie and his/her / its various shell accounts.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:20:11 AM

What am I lying about, again? I was trying to sell a couple coins, they finally sold at about $430 (retail). I bought them back at a slight discount, but other than that my entire trading account is in cash. Honest injun.

Shhhh!!! Don't do that!!!

Can't you hear him typing?

Pages: « 1 ... 14324 14325 14326 14327 14328 14329 14330 14331 14332 14333 14334 14335 14336 14337 14338 14339 14340 14341 14342 14343 14344 14345 14346 14347 14348 14349 14350 14351 14352 14353 14354 14355 14356 14357 14358 14359 14360 14361 14362 14363 14364 14365 14366 14367 14368 14369 14370 14371 14372 14373 [14374] 14375 14376 14377 14378 14379 14380 14381 14382 14383 14384 14385 14386 14387 14388 14389 14390 14391 14392 14393 14394 14395 14396 14397 14398 14399 14400 14401 14402 14403 14404 14405 14406 14407 14408 14409 14410 14411 14412 14413 14414 14415 14416 14417 14418 14419 14420 14421 14422 14423 14424 ... 33502 »
  Print  

Jump to: