May 04, 2024, 09:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15040 15041 15042 15043 15044 15045 15046 15047 15048 15049 15050 15051 15052 15053 15054 15055 15056 15057 15058 15059 15060 15061 15062 15063 15064 15065 15066 15067 15068 15069 15070 15071 15072 15073 15074 15075 15076 15077 15078 15079 15080 15081 15082 15083 15084 15085 15086 15087 15088 15089 [15090] 15091 15092 15093 15094 15095 15096 15097 15098 15099 15100 15101 15102 15103 15104 15105 15106 15107 15108 15109 15110 15111 15112 15113 15114 15115 15116 15117 15118 15119 15120 15121 15122 15123 15124 15125 15126 15127 15128 15129 15130 15131 15132 15133 15134 15135 15136 15137 15138 15139 15140 ... 33321 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371843 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 09:03:14 PM

datacentercoin is coming, bitcoin will perish!
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoM!
I Imagine a future where individual states, universities, governments, corporations, banks are the ones running bitcoin nodes.
China and USA may not agree on a lot of thing, but they will be made to participate in nakamoto consensus!!
I simply do not care if there individual citizens can't run a full node without a 10,000$ investment.
Welcome to the future of money, its a BIG DEAL.
Again, either very foolish or stupid. Bitcoin was always about individual sovereignty and now you're talking about turning it into a government/corporation coin. Nice viewpoint.  Roll Eyes

you understand the distinction between controlled by 1 cooperation Vs decentralized amongst all cooperations. right?

the idea of bitcoin running on home computers while its only use is as a settlement layer only large corporations can afford to transact on is either very foolish or stupid.

maybe my point of view isn't "Nice" but at least its realistic.

lets not forget large corporations and banks have already said PASS on the bitcoin bandwagon, and they are on the Bitcoin bandwagon. weather you like it or not the idea of a decentralized "datacentercoin" as some like to call it, is coming. IMO, bitcoin will NOT be able to compete if it hodls desperately to maximal decentralization idealistic roadmap.

Probably one of the most dangerous dynamics in recent bitcoin discussions and publicity is when issues are framed as an "us" versus "them" manner, and causes more difficulties in compromising and more likely to go down the road of a forced hardforking, which if such forced hardforking were to occur would likely bring bitcoin prices back down into the below $200s and possibly even into the below $100s (or even single digits), which is not a positive development in terms of getting cheap coins.

It could take bitcoin some time to recover from a forced and/or contentious hard fork if it were not resolved within a short period of time... I think resolutions that define governing or mining consensus as 75% would lead to higher likelihoods of such potential contentious hardforks....   that is why resolutions of higher levels of consensus and softforks would likely be better for inspiring confidence in bitcoin.

the fork towards the view depicted in my post is not optional it will happen.

either in the form of bitcoin itself forking off this way
or
a new coin destined to fulfill bitcoin's original promise of nearly free TX's globally in a decentralized manner.

sooner or later you WILL be made to choose between high decentralization with high fees / second layer ?coming soon? Vs lower decentralization system with near 0 fees that everyone TX on equally

i believe its inevitable.

there's too much good to made from a global TX network that operate at little to no cost. if its not bitcoin that achieves this it'll be somthing like it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:20:58 PM

datacentercoin is coming, bitcoin will perish!
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoM!
I Imagine a future where individual states, universities, governments, corporations, banks are the ones running bitcoin nodes.
China and USA may not agree on a lot of thing, but they will be made to participate in nakamoto consensus!!
I simply do not care if there individual citizens can't run a full node without a 10,000$ investment.
Welcome to the future of money, its a BIG DEAL.
Again, either very foolish or stupid. Bitcoin was always about individual sovereignty and now you're talking about turning it into a government/corporation coin. Nice viewpoint.  Roll Eyes

you understand the distinction between controlled by 1 cooperation Vs decentralized amongst all cooperations. right?

the idea of bitcoin running on home computers while its only use is as a settlement layer only large corporations can afford to transact on is either very foolish or stupid.

maybe my point of view isn't "Nice" but at least its realistic.

lets not forget large corporations and banks have already said PASS on the bitcoin bandwagon, and they are on the Bitcoin bandwagon. weather you like it or not the idea of a decentralized "datacentercoin" as some like to call it, is coming. IMO, bitcoin will NOT be able to compete if it hodls desperately to maximal decentralization idealistic roadmap.

Probably one of the most dangerous dynamics in recent bitcoin discussions and publicity is when issues are framed as an "us" versus "them" manner, and causes more difficulties in compromising and more likely to go down the road of a forced hardforking, which if such forced hardforking were to occur would likely bring bitcoin prices back down into the below $200s and possibly even into the below $100s (or even single digits), which is not a positive development in terms of getting cheap coins.

It could take bitcoin some time to recover from a forced and/or contentious hard fork if it were not resolved within a short period of time... I think resolutions that define governing or mining consensus as 75% would lead to higher likelihoods of such potential contentious hardforks....   that is why resolutions of higher levels of consensus and softforks would likely be better for inspiring confidence in bitcoin.

the fork towards the view depicted in my post is not optional it will happen.

either in the form of bitcoin itself forking off this way
or
a new coin destined to fulfill bitcoin's original promise of nearly free TX's globally in a decentralized manner.

sooner or later you WILL be made to choose between high decentralization with high fees / second layer ?coming soon? Vs lower decentralization system with near 0 fees that everyone TX on equally

i believe its inevitable.

there's too much good to made from a global TX network that operate at little to no cost. if its not bitcoin that achieves this it'll be somthing like it.

Nothing is inevitable when we are dealing with markets and all the purposes that BTC potentially could serve.

Accordingly, even though you believe a hard fork is inevitable (and maybe even a contentious one is inevitable), it need not be inevitable especially if people do not want such a thing, which many reasonable people do not - because many reasonable people do not consider a contentious hardfork as "necessary", even though others are screaming that it is necessary and/or inevitable... because blah blah blah.. it is.

There may be momentum in one direction or another, and complete consensus surely is an unachievable goal, especially if the space remains decentralized and peer to peer, as is the case in bitcoinlandia.... yet if there is very high consensus, then changes can be made...

I think that it is unrealistic to expect too much too quickly from bitcoin, and even though bitcoin may be competing with paypal, credit cards and other payment systems in the long term.... in the short term, it is building its security, its confidence and its hopefully reliable storage of value which seems much more important than expecting too much too soon.

Regarding your earlier point about the daily candle, it is within two hours of closing, and looks like it could be red today.. it is going to be a close call, since price has been hovering between  $415 and $417 all day.. and maybe a little over $417.50 would cause the daily candle to come out green?  Nonetheless, at the moment, there seems to be quite a few coins blocking the way between the current price and $417.50 plus.

bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:48:11 AM

Regarding your earlier point about the daily candle, it is within two hours of closing, and looks like it could be red today.. it is going to be a close call, since price has been hovering between  $415 and $417 all day.. and maybe a little over $417.50 would cause the daily candle to come out green? 

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:37:56 AM

Regarding your earlier point about the daily candle, it is within two hours of closing, and looks like it could be red today.. it is going to be a close call, since price has been hovering between  $415 and $417 all day.. and maybe a little over $417.50 would cause the daily candle to come out green?

Yeah... final conclusion is that yesterday's daily candle on Stamp closed out red...

I did not really make any predictions based on the daily candle turning either green or red, but if you look at Bitstamp in the past 12 days, we have 5 daily candles in a row that closed out green, then one red, and then we have another 5 greenies, and then finally the one from yesterday closing red.

Adam's implied theory seemed to have been that if the daily candle closes out red then that could increase chances for a 2% or so downward price correction.  

I doubt that he was postulating BTC prices merely based on a technical analysis, and I personally have my doubts when it comes to relying too much on technical analysis....

I think that we continue to remain in a kind of price consolidation triangle that minimally goes back a few weeks, but really zooming out further, like 4 months, the consolidation triangle therein seems likely building up more and more and more (or is the proper term coiling?) for some kind of a break out..

up or down??? I'm personally kind of torn in my view, and I can see either direction and I could even see another month, or two or possibly more of sideways while the classic/core debate continues to simmer and people can decide whether or not the blocksize/fork/governance debate is continuing to scare them or if they are prepared to put some or all of those matters behind.  The resolution of such may be experienced through whether segwit is successfully implemented in May/June-ish, which seems decent odds for some kind of successful implementation, even though it may not really quell the contentious shouting, no?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 02:45:40 AM

Regarding your earlier point about the daily candle, it is within two hours of closing, and looks like it could be red today.. it is going to be a close call, since price has been hovering between  $415 and $417 all day.. and maybe a little over $417.50 would cause the daily candle to come out green?

Yeah... final conclusion is that yesterday's daily candle on Stamp closed out red...

I did not really make any predictions based on the daily candle turning either green or red, but if you look at Bitstamp in the past 12 days, we have 5 daily candles in a row that closed out green, then one red, and then we have another 5 greenies, and then finally the one from yesterday closing red.

Adam's implied theory seemed to have been that if the daily candle closes out red then that could increase chances for a 2% or so downward price correction.  

I doubt that he was postulating BTC prices merely based on a technical analysis, and I personally have my doubts when it comes to relying too much on technical analysis....

I think that we continue to remain in a kind of price consolidation triangle that minimally goes back a few weeks, but really zooming out further, like 4 months, the consolidation triangle therein seems likely building up more and more and more (or is the proper term coiling?) for some kind of a break out..

up or down??? I'm personally kind of torn in my view, and I can see either direction and I could even see another month, or two or possibly more of sideways while the classic/core debate continues to simmer and people can decide whether or not the blocksize/fork/governance debate is continuing to scare them or if they are prepared to put some or all of those matters behind.  The resolution of such may be experienced through whether segwit is successfully implemented in May/June-ish, which seems decent odds for some kind of successful implementation, even though it may not really quell the contentious shouting, no?

right i was betting on the pattern repeating itself.
but it didnt well sorta but the red candle we got today lacked legs.
which is surprising given the never ending Classic Vs Core talk that only seem to lead to one thing rage-quits.
my guess is market is smart enough to know that any resolution in whatever direction ( classic or core ) is bullish.
so as the segwit's release inches closer, progress in whatever direction is well inevitable!

we must move up!

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 02:54:17 AM

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 02:57:36 AM

so much for quiting bitcointalk.org
i just love the controversy too much!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:16:58 AM

it would be better if you didn't quit...

I mean who the fuck cares about the admins/mods... they are not really stopping you from saying what you want... except maybe when you get too much into direct attacks on them and their moderation...

And, it could be that if you step away from the keyboard for a little while, then come back after a vacation... hahahahahha...  Easier said than done...    I have at least three computers of the bitcoin prices running on an ongoing daily basis in various parts of my set up in order that I can monitor bitcoin prices and discussions from almost any angle and at any time that I want.. and then my phones as well.. so it remains really difficult to truly get away from bitcoin monitoring for more than a day or so......

just gotta get chartbuddy back.. or chartfriend, and the thread will be back in business... and ready to say fuck you to the banks.... well maybe not that much, but something in that neighborhood.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 03:29:11 AM

I mean who the fuck cares about the admins/mods... they are not really stopping you from saying what you want... except maybe when you get too much into direct attacks on them and their moderation...

And, it could be that if you step away from the keyboard for a little while, then come back after a vacation... hahahahahha...  Easier said than done...    I have at least three computers of the bitcoin prices running on an ongoing daily basis in various parts of my set up in order that I can monitor bitcoin prices and discussions from almost any angle and at any time that I want.. and then my phones as well.. so it remains really difficult to truly get away from bitcoin monitoring for more than a day or so......

just gotta get chartbuddy back.. or chartfriend, and the thread will be back in business... and ready to say fuck you to the banks.... well maybe not that much, but something in that neighborhood.

I still think that we should get away from BTC for the simple fact that the admin has been known to censor discussion.
you can't say he didnt, we have quotes of him saying talking about how censoring XT discussions will help kill BitcoinXT.
but it still the biggest forum.... and lot of poeple here have conflicting views, its nice to get to throw poop back and forth.

i get a totally different feeling when i'm on the other forum https://bitco.in/forum/
its more ?peaceful?, and the poeple are all like minded.
it kinda feel like bitcointalk.org the early days miunes the trolls
its cool too.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:45:45 AM

And, it could be that if you step away from the keyboard for a little while, then come back after a vacation... hahahahahha...  Easier said than done...    I have at least three computers of the bitcoin prices running on an ongoing daily basis in various parts of my set up in order that I can monitor bitcoin prices and discussions from almost any angle and at any time that I want.. and then my phones as well.. so it remains really difficult to truly get away from bitcoin monitoring for more than a day or so......

I still think that we should get away from BTC for the simple fact that the admin has been known to censor discussion.
you can't say he didnt, we have quotes of him saying talking about how censoring XT discussions will help kill BitcoinXT.
but it still the biggest forum.... and lot of poeple here have conflicting views, its nice to get to throw poop back and forth.

i get a totally different feeling when i'm on the other forum https://bitco.in/forum/
its more ?peaceful?, and the poeple are all like minded.
it kinda feel like bitcointalk.org the early days miunes the trolls
its cool too.

I've seen hundreds of posts about XT and classic in this thread, and it is not even the right thread for such... I mean , surely, you could argue that it relates to price some how, but really it is quite a tangent...

I've also seen a lot of threads in this forum that discuss XT and classic, but I don't participate in those threads because I already feel overwhelmed in this thread with that blocksize/governance/hardfork topic that does not really interest me, but I am forced into discussing it, over and over and over and over again.  

Personally, I would rather discuss the BTC price movement and the walls etc directly... but whatever, posters here divert into all kinds of wild and non-topical discussions of the world... and we can just scroll over those, I suppose.

And, really, you haven't answered the most important question about when are we gonna get some beers.....

I mean if you can last a few more months in this forum without getting yourself banned, then that achievement may be worth a few beers, don't you think?    Cheesy
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:39:47 AM

...about the admins/mods... they are not really stopping you from saying what you want... except maybe when you get too much into direct attacks on them and their moderation...

You really do live in a rose-colored bubble, don't you?

Well, other than your BTC price speculations, of course, which seem fairly moderated.*

* (see what I did there?)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:02:14 AM

ETH is in regression mode, sell and gtfo once and for all. H&S is complete and going south. Bring your profs back to BTC.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:02:57 AM

...about the admins/mods... they are not really stopping you from saying what you want... except maybe when you get too much into direct attacks on them and their moderation...

You really do live in a rose-colored bubble, don't you?

Not any more than the next guy.   hahahahaha... thanks for the prompt.  I really wanted an opportunity to use that statement.

Well, other than your BTC price speculations, of course, which seem fairly moderated.*

Well, thank you for that.

* (see what I did there?)

you made spaces in your post to separate subjects?   Wink
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

It's Not Enough

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:08:35 AM

no more rage?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:36:54 AM

I didn't believe you'd really leave. You can't really trust that other forum anyway. It's run by cypherdoc.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:35:24 AM

So we are moving sideways since almost 3 weeks.
When will SegWit be rolled out again?April?
Hope this will help to push up the price a bit.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 01:45:53 PM

I didn't believe you'd really leave. You can't really trust that other forum anyway. It's run by cypherdoc.

Not even that, but literally everything there is anti-core, anti-blockstream.

Gets annoying/repetitive after a while.
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:54:22 PM

If you're not getting deleted/banned, what is it you feel requires trust? I never had a post deleted there, have you?
Trust is needed only when a forum takes on the burden of censorship; only then does stuff like trust & impartiality come into play.
... Not even that, but literally everything there is anti-core, anti-blockstream.

It does, but consider how the users ended up on that forum.
People joined bitcointalk because they were interested in Bitcoin.
They joined bitco.in/forum because they were censored, or booted from, bitcointalk. Mostly due to their support of [that which must be unspoken].
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 03:15:36 PM

A lower high this week in all major markets except BTC-e (just barely). Now we wait to see if we also have a lower low this weekend.  I would think that it wouldn't only be safe to sell now, but a damn good opportunity. Of course I already sold all I am prepared to sell, so if enough people are like me, we'll go up instead.  

I just saw the movie The Big Short. It captured very well the agony of waiting for an upside down market position to pay off. Markets can stay irrrational longer than you can often stay solvent. I remain very bearish on the long-term viability of Bitcoin due to problems with governance, scaling and mining concentration. That, however, mean little with regards to short and medium term market direction.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:15:38 PM

If you're not getting deleted/banned, what is it you feel requires trust? I never had a post deleted there, have you?
Trust is needed only when a forum takes on the burden of censorship; only then does stuff like trust & impartiality come into play.
... Not even that, but literally everything there is anti-core, anti-blockstream.

It does, but consider how the users ended up on that forum.
People joined bitcointalk because they were interested in Bitcoin.
They joined bitco.in/forum because they were censored, or booted from, bitcointalk. Mostly due to their support of [that which must be unspoken].

Forums are businesses. They make money when they get large enough to charge for advertising and sponsorships. Would you use a totally uncensored forum owned by pirate@40, Josh Zerlan, or Mark Karpeles? Probably not because you wouldn't want to help them make any more money. It's more of a principal than a direct threat to the membership. Although, it would be possible for a forum operator to sell email address lists, passwords, contact info and make money that way. When you use a forum you need to trust the person running it unless you can register totally anonymous which I did here long ago. Sure, I used a throw away fake email to register over there but how many other people actually did that too?
Pages: « 1 ... 15040 15041 15042 15043 15044 15045 15046 15047 15048 15049 15050 15051 15052 15053 15054 15055 15056 15057 15058 15059 15060 15061 15062 15063 15064 15065 15066 15067 15068 15069 15070 15071 15072 15073 15074 15075 15076 15077 15078 15079 15080 15081 15082 15083 15084 15085 15086 15087 15088 15089 [15090] 15091 15092 15093 15094 15095 15096 15097 15098 15099 15100 15101 15102 15103 15104 15105 15106 15107 15108 15109 15110 15111 15112 15113 15114 15115 15116 15117 15118 15119 15120 15121 15122 15123 15124 15125 15126 15127 15128 15129 15130 15131 15132 15133 15134 15135 15136 15137 15138 15139 15140 ... 33321 »
  Print  

Jump to: