May 05, 2024, 01:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15018 15019 15020 15021 15022 15023 15024 15025 15026 15027 15028 15029 15030 15031 15032 15033 15034 15035 15036 15037 15038 15039 15040 15041 15042 15043 15044 15045 15046 15047 15048 15049 15050 15051 15052 15053 15054 15055 15056 15057 15058 15059 15060 15061 15062 15063 15064 15065 15066 15067 [15068] 15069 15070 15071 15072 15073 15074 15075 15076 15077 15078 15079 15080 15081 15082 15083 15084 15085 15086 15087 15088 15089 15090 15091 15092 15093 15094 15095 15096 15097 15098 15099 15100 15101 15102 15103 15104 15105 15106 15107 15108 15109 15110 15111 15112 15113 15114 15115 15116 15117 15118 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372170 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:03:45 PM

This is why btc can't lose to ETH, simply because it doesn't fight it. It's like claiming a fork is better than a knife.
Bitcoin is the swiss knife in the crypto world. It can be used to fit all your needs.

Oh? You can seal a contract with btc? Then please what can you say you lend me 50btc and we seal the contract through btc?
What is the collateral for your 50 btc loan?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:14:52 PM

We will return to the Dunning and Kruger Show in a moment. But first, a quick word from our sponsors...

Full marks for that reference Smiley  I had been thinking exactly the same thing.

I am reminded of the joke about two bald men fighting over a comb; in this case its two arrogant fools fighting over who has the least self-awareness.

>two bald men fighting over a comb
>hundreds of neckbeards fighting over blocksize limit
Mine's funnier.

You might want to be a bit more nuanced when comparing arrogant fools. Billy Joe is often dead wrong, but that's more of a "warped" than "stupid" -- like having spectacular IQ and, at the same time, believing they're controlled by Saurian J00z or being a twisted murderer. The world's full of people like that (usually not that grotesque, but you know what I mean). They're often fun to hang out with, because have weird ways of seeing the world/interpreting problems, and, since they're smart, coming up with weird/unusual solutions.

Now, granted, some of the things they come up with interesting solutions for aren't really pressing problems, or, rather, are problems for a very small number of people. Examples would be monowheel, death camps/self-sustaining human incineration ovens, internet-enabled toasters, and decentralized money.

And the solutions are, typically, very clever. Pulse-jet powered, clockwork & gyro-guided cruise missiles, perpetual crematoria as revolutionary and efficient as the Bessemer converter -- ignore the "problems" being solved, and the solutions become absolutely brilliant!

Now JayJuanGee, he's not that. He's a typical, run-of-the-mill buffoon who recycles other people's ideas and restates them in too many words. Without adding anything new. A waste of time. Neither hot nor cold, so the trick is to spit him out of your mouth.  
blunderer

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:19:59 PM

This is why btc can't lose to ETH, simply because it doesn't fight it. It's like claiming a fork is better than a knife.
Bitcoin is the swiss knife in the crypto world. It can be used to fit all your needs.

Bitcoin is the rock of the crypto world. You can use it as a hammer, or make crude knife-like stone cutting things out of it.
Of course, no point in doing that -- we have real hammers and knives, stop trying to be difficult Smiley
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:28:09 PM

Bitcoin is the rock of the crypto world. You can use it as a hammer, or make crude knife-like stone cutting things out of it.
Of course, no point in doing that -- we have real hammers and knives, stop trying to be difficult Smiley
Bitcoin is the Swiss army knife of the crypto world. Different tools attached to it are the sidechains. It is not difficult to understand this. Stop trying to be a dick.
blunderer

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:35:01 PM

Bitcoin is the Swiss army knife of the crypto world. Different tools attached to it are the sidechains. It is not difficult to understand this. Stop trying to be a dick.

Nah, if you insist on the army knife analogy, Bitcoin is the French, the French army knife.

Everything you need. Everything you need to get screwed before you surrender, that is.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:54:42 PM

ETH market cap just lost 100 million.  But no rise in btc?

the GSR between eth and btc must be off a bit.. if we compared gold and silver GSR with eth and btc GSR, we might be in for a shock. for one thing, while the GSR between silver gold is at all time highs. .. what does that mean ?? it means #GimpedCoin .. buy more silver .

aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:02:00 PM

Wot?

Adam is fired??

Firing seems a bit much.

On the other hand, some of his posts (maybe up to 10% of them or so) were getting a bit crazy in terms of spreading fucd in relation to achieving Bitcoin consensus.

Who's gonna make the weekly polls, now?

Maybe the rumor is not true?

Buddy, You have to know that you're stupid, right? I mean you sort of recognize those patient tolerant looks you get from people you know to be smart. Deep down you know you just don't have the cognitive horsepower. You try to tell yourself that your feels are just as important as those smartypant's thinks and in truth maybe they are, but they're not the same thing, are they?  I don't have a problem with stupid people. I work with stupid people everyday and we usually get along fine. Nobody at the firestation is trying to write a white paper critical of string theory. The problem I have is with stupid people who don't know they're stupid. These are the truly dangerous people who vote for sociopaths and give all sorts of terrible advice.

Actually, this is one of the dummiest posts that I ever read.

I am wondering what, in regards to my above post, sparked your post to proclaim thou art more smarter?

In essence, I am in no competition regarding smartiness.

Generally, I agree with you about the annoyance of people who attempt to go beyond their competence, but overall, I tend to have a pretty high tolerance of differences.

I have a practice in which I attempt NOT to give any advice to anyone except to the extent that they may be asking me, and even if asked, I tend to be reserved with my dolling out advice.  Accordingly, I am of the perception that each person needs to choose his/her own path.

Just tell me you know how dumb you are so I can relax and feel better, because otherwise I'm afraid you may be a threat to yourself and others.  or don't even tell me. Why should you care if I feel better? Just be honest with yourself. It's not the end of the world. everybody has limitations. You're probably nice to your family and kind to animals. It's not your fault that you can't process information very well, recognize patterns or apply logic to premises to gain a valid conclusion.

Is there any substance to your post?

It hurts my brain to follow your muddled disorganized thought processes whenever I read your writing. I can do it, but i just don't enjoy it.

It's your choice regarding which posts you choose to read.  Personally, I tend to not read posts that I do not enjoy.

I have to tell most of my brain to do something else when I do it. it's like watching a Shakespeare performance by a stutterer or listening to a tone deaf person sing.

Well, at least you have some strategies that may be helpful to you regarding this practice of yours.

I'm sure you're good at something, just not at thinking. Find that thing and do it.

I agree with you.  Most people have some things that they are better at than others.  Some people can learn, and get better, and other people are only going to become so good at any thing that they attempt.  There are also people who lack focus, and never really get too good at anything.

I am pretty good (above average) at a few things. Sometimes I do those things that I am good at, and other times, I attempt to learn new things.

What I am trying to say is that you have a tragic inability to understand the effect you have on people who have the misfortune of your company.  I am not attempting to be substantive because I know that it is futile.  You're too dumb to even know how dumb you are. It's not that you are unconvinced of your lack of intelligence. It's that you are unconvincible. It's like you've turned being a moron into a superpower. It's vexing. In a less civilized society this could perhaps be resolved with blunt force trauma to your cranium, but all we can do is suffer your existence.

You're the real world equivalent of Scrappy Doo.

not to mention: the personality of a soap dish and the brains and body of a decomposed turtle .
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:08:09 PM

Nah, if you insist on the army knife analogy, Bitcoin is the French, the French army knife.

Everything you need. Everything you need to get screwed before you surrender, that is.

Actual French army knife:

http://www.amazon.fr/Survivor-Couteau-Fourreau-transport-ceinture/dp/B004MGAEV8

It's even cheap Smiley
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:18:15 PM

Wot?

Adam is fired??

Firing seems a bit much.

On the other hand, some of his posts (maybe up to 10% of them or so) were getting a bit crazy in terms of spreading fucd in relation to achieving Bitcoin consensus.

Who's gonna make the weekly polls, now?

Maybe the rumor is not true?

Buddy, You have to know that you're stupid, right? I mean you sort of recognize those patient tolerant looks you get from people you know to be smart. Deep down you know you just don't have the cognitive horsepower. You try to tell yourself that your feels are just as important as those smartypant's thinks and in truth maybe they are, but they're not the same thing, are they?  I don't have a problem with stupid people. I work with stupid people everyday and we usually get along fine. Nobody at the firestation is trying to write a white paper critical of string theory. The problem I have is with stupid people who don't know they're stupid. These are the truly dangerous people who vote for sociopaths and give all sorts of terrible advice.

Actually, this is one of the dummiest posts that I ever read.

I am wondering what, in regards to my above post, sparked your post to proclaim thou art more smarter?

In essence, I am in no competition regarding smartiness.

Generally, I agree with you about the annoyance of people who attempt to go beyond their competence, but overall, I tend to have a pretty high tolerance of differences.

I have a practice in which I attempt NOT to give any advice to anyone except to the extent that they may be asking me, and even if asked, I tend to be reserved with my dolling out advice.  Accordingly, I am of the perception that each person needs to choose his/her own path.

Just tell me you know how dumb you are so I can relax and feel better, because otherwise I'm afraid you may be a threat to yourself and others.  or don't even tell me. Why should you care if I feel better? Just be honest with yourself. It's not the end of the world. everybody has limitations. You're probably nice to your family and kind to animals. It's not your fault that you can't process information very well, recognize patterns or apply logic to premises to gain a valid conclusion.

Is there any substance to your post?

It hurts my brain to follow your muddled disorganized thought processes whenever I read your writing. I can do it, but i just don't enjoy it.

It's your choice regarding which posts you choose to read.  Personally, I tend to not read posts that I do not enjoy.

I have to tell most of my brain to do something else when I do it. it's like watching a Shakespeare performance by a stutterer or listening to a tone deaf person sing.

Well, at least you have some strategies that may be helpful to you regarding this practice of yours.

I'm sure you're good at something, just not at thinking. Find that thing and do it.

I agree with you.  Most people have some things that they are better at than others.  Some people can learn, and get better, and other people are only going to become so good at any thing that they attempt.  There are also people who lack focus, and never really get too good at anything.

I am pretty good (above average) at a few things. Sometimes I do those things that I am good at, and other times, I attempt to learn new things.

What I am trying to say is that you have a tragic inability to understand the effect you have on people who have the misfortune of your company.  I am not attempting to be substantive because I know that it is futile.  You're too dumb to even know how dumb you are. It's not that you are unconvinced of your lack of intelligence. It's that you are unconvincible. It's like you've turned being a moron into a superpower. It's vexing. In a less civilized society this could perhaps be resolved with blunt force trauma to your cranium, but all we can do is suffer your existence.

You're the real world equivalent of Scrappy Doo.

There you go again using the royal "we."  You seem to think that there is some kind of consensus in your little brain, merely because you think something.  For some reason you are resentful because I publicly (and with good reasons) solicited you to be either banned or suspended from posting due to your apparent trolling, repetition, exaggerations, FUCD spreading, etc, and you have run out of arguments, and you are resorting to baloney personal attacks that have no merit at all...

maybe you have nothing better to do, because chartbuddy has disappeared?

Hopefully, I am not sinking to your low and pathetic level by even entertaining you in your nonsense.  In other words: Go fuck yourself.     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Consensus only matters if agreement is required. I am not attempting to persuade you. I am informing you that smart people already know that you're not one of us. There is universal consensus among the people who know that you are a moron that you are a moron. It's not obvious to everybody, but it is obvious to smart people. It may even be apparent to some dumb people, but for some inexplicable reason it is not apparent or even detectable to you.

It's not some subjective thing like whether you have good taste in clothing or literature. It's an objective fact  that you are a dullard. a numbskull. a person lacking full mental ability, the knowledge of that handicap, and the ability to ever acquire that knowledge.  

Imagine a baby born blind who grew up refusing to believe that such a thing as sight even existed. That's you, Pal. What can even be done with a person like that?

#whitematterdisconnects #synapticpruning very much explains the phenomenon "we" are experiencing ... his believing in his own delusions is most likely caused by having very small short frontal brain wrinkles, which may explain the schizophrenic hallucinations about bitcoin he has been having lately in the forum ... "they" might try to run a brain scan on him try to map the anomaly, but they would have to find his brain first . it seems to be contagious too, like the zyka virus, it is spreading through the forum as people are increasingly deluded that bitcoin is really worth $400+ even though it still cannot scale, and who knows if or when it ever will scale .
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:29:02 PM

If my understanding is correct, bitcoin and ETH are something vastly different.
ETH can't be superior because its purpose is different. Bitcoin is not even attempting to do what ETH does.

Also we are in need of more commercial breaks in here.

You're understanding is perfectly correct. But nobody understands it. Thousands of idiots own ETH without even understanding what it is and what is its purpose...

This is why btc can't lose to ETH, simply because it doesn't fight it. It's like claiming a fork is better than a knife. They're too different to be even compared.

in other words.. what ur saying is that BTC doesnt just do hard forks, now we are doing hard knifes with ETH too.. ok got it .
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:31:09 PM

Bitcoin hard forks and hard knifes all in one ..
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 03:36:46 PM

If my understanding is correct, bitcoin and ETH are something vastly different.
ETH can't be superior because its purpose is different. Bitcoin is not even attempting to do what ETH does.

Also we are in need of more commercial breaks in here.

it's nearly the same. the stack-based language of Ethereum is Turing complete. but the use case for this is unclear. there is really no need for having it Turing complete and it makes the security more week than with non Turing complete in Bitcoin.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:50:37 PM

Now JayJuanGee, he's not that. He's a typical, run-of-the-mill buffoon who recycles other people's ideas and restates them in too many words. Without adding anything new. A waste of time. Neither hot nor cold, so the trick is to spit him out of your mouth.  

That's ridiculous.  Roll Eyes
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:56:23 PM

bank of the england based in the falkland islands with their tungstein filled gold bars ---- sure ya have supercurrency, we believe ya:

Telegraph's Evans-Pritchard: Bank of England to Launch Bitcoin Rival

Read more: Telegraph's Evans-Pritchard: Central Banks Beat Bitcoin At Own Game With Rival Supercurrency

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/bitcoin-digital-currency-virtual-payment-economy/2016/03/14/id/719027/

better rush into pms before get wacked by the not doing anything about bitcoin scaling while keeping bitcoin pumped .
blunderer

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:04:50 PM

That's ridiculous.  Roll Eyes

I'm sorry, JJG,you weren't meant to see that.
What I meant to say was you're a fascinating, with much to proactively onboarding smart contract-transacting counterparties onto trustless blockchain technologies of our disruptive cryptospherical landscape space. Which is fast-paced and ever-evolving.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 04:05:37 PM

Bitcoin is not even attempting to do what ETH does.
Not true. Rootstock is doing it better because it is using the safest blockchain on this planet - the bitcoin blockchain.

The safest? With supermajority mining hardware within the political boundaries of the People's Republic of China?  That's like saying you're swimming in the safest pool except for that one giant shark.
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966

It's Not Enough

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:51:49 PM

Thing bout eth is I don't understand it's use at all
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:05:46 PM

Bitcoin is not even attempting to do what ETH does.
Not true. Rootstock is doing it better because it is using the safest blockchain on this planet - the bitcoin blockchain.

The safest? With supermajority mining hardware within the political boundaries of the People's Republic of China?  That's like saying you're swimming in the safest pool except for that one giant shark.
China is the nowadays 'factory of the world'. Supermajority of every hardware is produced there. There is no reason why Bitcoin mining hardware should be an exception. It is a good counter balance to the supermajority of bitcoin software developers living within the political boundaries of the United States of America and they all can be arrested by FBI in 5 minutes!
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:38:45 PM

bank of the england based in the falkland islands with their tungstein filled gold bars ---- sure ya have supercurrency, we believe ya:

Telegraph's Evans-Pritchard: Bank of England to Launch Bitcoin Rival

Read more: Telegraph's Evans-Pritchard: Central Banks Beat Bitcoin At Own Game With Rival Supercurrency

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/bitcoin-digital-currency-virtual-payment-economy/2016/03/14/id/719027/

better rush into pms before get wacked by the not doing anything about bitcoin scaling while keeping bitcoin pumped .

Only time will tell what the heck is going to be. My deepest fear is that a kind of BTC will be used as a single world currency ( but even a state one would be too much in my humble opinion) at some point. And there will be no going back
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:29:06 PM

So whats up with the huge walls on Stamp again the past couple of days?  I see a wall of 1000 coins right now. 

Strangely I take that as a bullish sign.  Someone is trying to keep the price down perhaps?
Pages: « 1 ... 15018 15019 15020 15021 15022 15023 15024 15025 15026 15027 15028 15029 15030 15031 15032 15033 15034 15035 15036 15037 15038 15039 15040 15041 15042 15043 15044 15045 15046 15047 15048 15049 15050 15051 15052 15053 15054 15055 15056 15057 15058 15059 15060 15061 15062 15063 15064 15065 15066 15067 [15068] 15069 15070 15071 15072 15073 15074 15075 15076 15077 15078 15079 15080 15081 15082 15083 15084 15085 15086 15087 15088 15089 15090 15091 15092 15093 15094 15095 15096 15097 15098 15099 15100 15101 15102 15103 15104 15105 15106 15107 15108 15109 15110 15111 15112 15113 15114 15115 15116 15117 15118 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: