May 02, 2024, 03:30:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27711 27712 27713 27714 27715 27716 27717 27718 27719 27720 27721 27722 27723 27724 27725 27726 27727 27728 27729 27730 27731 27732 27733 27734 27735 27736 27737 27738 27739 27740 27741 27742 27743 27744 27745 27746 27747 27748 27749 27750 27751 27752 27753 27754 27755 27756 27757 27758 27759 27760 [27761] 27762 27763 27764 27765 27766 27767 27768 27769 27770 27771 27772 27773 27774 27775 27776 27777 27778 27779 27780 27781 27782 27783 27784 27785 27786 27787 27788 27789 27790 27791 27792 27793 27794 27795 27796 27797 27798 27799 27800 27801 27802 27803 27804 27805 27806 27807 27808 27809 27810 27811 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370671 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4148

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 07:01:15 PM

Alternating wildly between feeling "OK" and having a fever and headache. No coughing, no shortness of breath. Not yet anyway. Hopefully never.
Hey brother. You are fine. This might be normal virus fever with headache. Don't worry too much.

Careful about things like
Can not smell
Having diarrhea
Blisters in the mouth

Do breathing exercises, when inhale notice if you feel any pain in the chest. Obviously always have the oximeter. 97/98 is fine but regular person should have 99+

I am not a doctor but I am saying all these from experience being with covid patients.

I hope you get well soon brother.

Thx man.

I have the diarrhea unfortunately.  Sad
Smelling OK.
No blisters in mouth.
Do not feel anything bad when fully inhaled, and can keep it for a long time.

Will keep an eye on it.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 07:11:41 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2021, 07:29:10 PM by Dabs
Merited by Biodom (1), JayJuanGee (1), infofront (1), OutOfMemory (1), strawbs (1)

I'm strongly considering quitting my job, and doing something, anything else while living off crypto for the foreseeable future. This is the first day of work after a 2 week break, and instead of being "refreshed" and ready to work, all I can think is the break wasn't nearly long enough. Despite finding the work deeply unfulfilling, my job is stable and pays pretty well (a quick Google search says I'm in the top 97% within my state).

Probably the biggest thing holding me back is losing the structure that comes with the daily grind. I'm not completely confident I have the necessary self-discipline to create my own structure over the long-term, and while there are a lot of things I want to do (contribute to open source crypto software, write a novel, go back to school, etc), there's the non-zero chance I end up wandering aimlessly without purpose until wasting away.

Has anyone else gone through this or a similar thought process? This might be the only place (that I know of) with people who could relate.

Complete darkness in a much bigger room (other than a coffin) might be better. And either complete silence or some loud white noise.

Before the rise and crash, I was living off crypto for about 3 years. Then I lost it all and had to find other sources of income, mainly I got a job.

During that time, I was busy adjusting to living in a different country (I moved, and took my family with me), went to school for a year, learned some server stuff and got some microsoft certifications, enrolled kids to school, walked them to school, drove them to school, picked them up there or in a school bus ... I was also busy here and there trying to earn more corns because I was spending them too.

Maybe find some other hobby, other than work related or crypto / bitcoin related and focus on that. Perhaps one of those self-competitive sports. Maybe something like powerlifting or olympic weightlifting, where all you do is add 1 more pound or kilogram to the bar every training day. Build it up slowly and, while you'll never get anywhere near the world's strongest people, it's something you could do for decades (plus it keeps you healthy and strong.)

I would not recommend signing up for some streaming service and binge watching, although that's something you can add to your schedule. Maybe watch a bunch of "Planet Earth" videos. I have my own list of stuff I'm watching, or re-watching, and it's going to take me a year to finish it all at the rate of 1 every week. By that time, there are new stuff. I'm not in a hurry as it's all entertainment, and partly educational.

You could keep your job too and just not accept any further promotions or responsibilities, or maybe work even less hours. I think it's a good idea to keep your employment as it makes you look "normal" together with the rest of the people. You work, get paid, pay taxes. Your corns can be kept separate (whether you pay taxes on those or not is really up to you and how comfortable you are with all of it, maybe take time to study this area too.)

While working, you can probably add to your retirement fund, whatever it is called, 401k for those in the US, "super funds" for those down under, plus whatever social security / social insurance you get from the government, if you intend on claiming those.

The more important question is if your crypto or savings or retirement fund can pay for your annual expenses for the next 25 to 30 years. It's not how much you earn in a year, it's how much you spend. And sometimes, it's not how much you spend now, but how much you will spend, since a lot of people spend less when they don't have to drive to work or send kids to school.

Do you currently have an emergency fund where if you lost your job tomorrow and lost all income from that job, and lost all benefits, you can survive for several months or years?

In numbers, it would be quite simple. If you spend $40k per year, when you have $1m (and this is denominated in fiat), then you can retire and do something else. If you have car payments, a mortgage, kids, ... (friends and family) ... or you want to indulge and get stuff you don't currently own, you'll have to factor those in.

If you already have or had (in the last month or so) $1m worth of corns (assuming you only spend $40k per year), then you can probably quit your job now too, as you only need to get from corn what you need to spend, not the whole amount. As the price rises (and falls), you're likely to be able to live off it for at least 25 years and probably a lot more. By the 10th year, the corns you still have left will probably be worth more too. Only time will tell.

We still live in a fiat world, so you have to balance that and your corns.
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 7729

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2021, 07:25:45 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), OROBTC (1)

that is the front page of the monday's financial times Grin

hodl
hodl
hodl
 Cool
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2021, 07:39:34 PM

Thx man.

I have the diarrhea unfortunately.  Sad
Smelling OK.
No blisters in mouth.

Will keep an eye on it.
You have fever, headache and diarrhea.
Have you talked to any doctor yet?

If you have a qualified doctor in the family then reach out to them, give them a call and share them the symptoms. They may give you some better suggestion than anyone else us here or someone who are not qualified. If no doctor in the family then see a doctor near to you.

I hope it's not anything to be worried about but it's better to consult with a qualified person and follow their suggestion.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3850

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 07:41:04 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2021, 08:08:10 PM by Biodom

You could keep your job too and just not accept any further promotions or responsibilities, or maybe work even less hours. I think it's a good idea to keep your employment as it makes you look "normal" together with the rest of the people. You work, get paid, pay taxes. Your corns can be kept separate (whether you pay taxes on those or not is really up to you and how comfortable you are with all of it, maybe take time to study this area too.)

While working, you can probably add to your retirement fund, whatever it is called, 401k for those in the US, "super funds" for those down under, plus whatever social security / social insurance you get from the government, if you intend on claiming those.

^ This (highlighted is my plan as well).

EDIT: if corn exceeds 90% of your assets, maybe consider selling some, but when selling don't keep all in fiat, buy some less correlated assets: real estate (direct, no REITs), wine, collectables, timber, maybe some cheap emerging markets ETF. I was looking at some stonks-you can create quite diversified ETF portfolio (10-15 ETFs in different sectors) with >5% average annual yield.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 07:55:46 PM

that is the front page of the monday's financial times Grin

hodl
hodl
hodl
 Cool

Quote from: somebody
buy the rumor, sell the news.

So that's why corn dipped 10% today, maybe?
However, great frontpage feature in a great financial magazine!

EDIT: Meanwhile, in other news:

UK judge denies US request to extradite Julian Assange
Saniati

Activity: 410
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 07:56:35 PM

At present, the popularity of BTC is increasing day by day. So BTC will not be the same as before. in my opinion, we can see some dump and then pump🚀 but will not same as before.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:06:34 PM
Merited by P_Shep (1)

I'm strongly considering quitting my job, and doing something, anything else while living off crypto for the foreseeable future. This is the first day of work after a 2 week break, and instead of being "refreshed" and ready to work, all I can think is the break wasn't nearly long enough. Despite finding the work deeply unfulfilling, my job is stable and pays pretty well (a quick Google search says I'm in the top 97% within my state).

Probably the biggest thing holding me back is losing the structure that comes with the daily grind. I'm not completely confident I have the necessary self-discipline to create my own structure over the long-term, and while there are a lot of things I want to do (contribute to open source crypto software, write a novel, go back to school, etc), there's the non-zero chance I end up wandering aimlessly without purpose until wasting away.

Has anyone else gone through this or a similar thought process? This might be the only place (that I know of) with people who could relate.

Have been spending some time thinking about this.  Plan is to have two modest homes.  One in a ski town and one in a beach location.  We will alternate between skiing and surfing. I would also look into picking up triathlon in the summer town.  Regularly scheduled group exercise with goals (compete in X event is a great way to keep on track). 

That takes care of the body.  For the mind, Slinky Malinki and I have discussed going back to university and studying courses we are interested in, rather than stuff we studied to earn money.

I also have two start ups I would like to run for when the snow is bad or when it is raining at the beach town.  Both have a social justice component which will make the world a better place but are also profit driven so they are long term sustainable.  
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:07:54 PM

nothing like that. If it completes its cycle in a week, that would be great!]

In my 40s, quite fit, exercising every day, not overweight. Hopefully this will help kill it faster.

Really glad you're alive.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1825
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:09:34 PM

Apologies in advance for the low-tier pun of you suffering through a shitty deal.

Sincere hopes you start feeling better imminently, and bounce back from this at full strength.

EDIT: Huh. I just noticed I'm now a Hero Member or something. Like, whatever, brothers.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:13:00 PM

Thx man.

Smelling OK.
No blisters in mouth.

Will keep an eye on it.

You have fever, headache and diarrhea.
Have you talked to any doctor yet?

If you have a qualified doctor in the family then reach out to them, give them a call and share them the symptoms. They may give you some better suggestion than anyone else us here or someone who are not qualified. If no doctor in the family then see a doctor near to you.

I hope it's not anything to be worried about but it's better to consult with a qualified person and follow their suggestion.

Will get tested to confirm it first. The plan is to do it tomorrow. Pretty sure it's going to be positive...
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2091
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:13:30 PM

You have to be immune to people's talks, because not many can get along with somebody making a living of not working.

I already started to tell friends and relatives that soon I'll be working from home.

In reality, I'm thinking which hobbies I will try. The more the better, it's important to get busy.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:14:59 PM

I have the diarrhea unfortunately.  Sad

Apologies in advance for the low-tier pun of you suffering through a shitty deal.

Sincere hopes you start feeling better imminently, and bounce back from this at full strength.

Thanks Bob, I hope so...
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:15:44 PM

EDIT: if corn exceeds 90% of your assets, maybe consider selling some, but when selling don't keep all in fiat, buy some less correlated assets: real estate (direct, no REITs), wine, collectables, timber, maybe some cheap emerging markets ETF. I was looking at some stonks-you can create quite diversified ETF portfolio (10-15 ETFs in different sectors) with >5% average annual yield.

I'd probably get the REITs, or REIT ETFs. Also some high yield ETFs, maybe some of those so called dividend aristocrat ones. I'd also lean towards either S&P or even a total stock market ETF. My preference is Vanguard.

The so called "coach potato" style involves just 3, or even 2 ETFs. You balance it out between equities and bonds. Since you're at it, you might as well get some corn related ETFs / ETNs / GBTC even as that sounds counter to actually owning the actual corn in your own wallet.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:20:25 PM

I'd probably get the REITs, or REIT ETFs. Also some high yield ETFs, maybe some of those so called dividend aristocrat ones. I'd also lean towards either S&P or even a total stock market ETF. My preference is Vanguard.

yes, I looked at highlighted, but not only at those.
A contrarian in me wants to be a contrarian, lol.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:23:59 PM

I've been looking at corn related ETFs / ETNs, ... There are a few non-US ones, some in Canada, some in the UK, but almost anyone can get them subject to exchange rate between FX. No need to wait for Van Eck or others.

It would seem counter intuitive to do this when all of us here have the actual real corn, but it has it's purposes.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:31:52 PM

You have to be immune to people's talks, because not many can get along with somebody making a living of not working.

I already started to tell friends and relatives that soon I'll be working from home.

In reality, I'm thinking which hobbies I will try. The more the better, it's important to get busy.

What really has me is photography. You get up at 3am, just to reach that mountain top in time for a panoramic shot of all the alpine valleys within sight, covered by thick fog at a frosty sundawn sunset Cool
This kept me busy with a lot of travelling, learning how to edit DSLR raw files, planning location shoots... I extended my skills into product macro photography fields, but i kept it really low since my second kid was born. Now all of them are growing up slowly, so my extending amount of free time and better fitness will allow me to pick this up again. I poked my nose into drone photography some years ago, but then the regulations became shitty and expensive in my country, so i sold it all again.
Last year the EASA developed an EU-wide set of rules, including an online exam and flying tests to be allowed to fly drones of the OPEN class. So i learned some stuff, which was especially hard for me in the "legal and law" categories, so i had to cheat a little at the exam to pass it, because most of the other stuff i knew already.
If you happen to find a season-independent, go-out-and-play hobby like this, you should be set for decades.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:40:55 PM

Photography is awesome for when you get older or not suited to serious exercise.  I know people in their mid 80s that take amazing landscape photos. 

Also local wildlife photography can help advance science if you get the right niche for rare birds / critters in your area
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1825
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
Merited by Krubster (1)

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 09:10:15 PM

I've been looking at corn related ETFs / ETNs, ... There are a few non-US ones, some in Canada, some in the UK, but almost anyone can get them subject to exchange rate between FX. No need to wait for Van Eck or others.

It would seem counter intuitive to do this when all of us here have the actual real corn, but it has it's purposes.

yes, I have GBTC, CXBTF and QBTC-U.TO, all in IRA (regular and Roth US accounts).
CXBTF is really difficult to trade now as, despite being given an OTC symbol, it is not trading in US due to SEC objection, you have to talk to foreign desk (and pay $50/trade), same for QBTC.

just like that:

https://youtu.be/wzJv2dCJ2xk?t=84
watch (if you want) until 1:34
Pages: « 1 ... 27711 27712 27713 27714 27715 27716 27717 27718 27719 27720 27721 27722 27723 27724 27725 27726 27727 27728 27729 27730 27731 27732 27733 27734 27735 27736 27737 27738 27739 27740 27741 27742 27743 27744 27745 27746 27747 27748 27749 27750 27751 27752 27753 27754 27755 27756 27757 27758 27759 27760 [27761] 27762 27763 27764 27765 27766 27767 27768 27769 27770 27771 27772 27773 27774 27775 27776 27777 27778 27779 27780 27781 27782 27783 27784 27785 27786 27787 27788 27789 27790 27791 27792 27793 27794 27795 27796 27797 27798 27799 27800 27801 27802 27803 27804 27805 27806 27807 27808 27809 27810 27811 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: