May 07, 2024, 03:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28394 28395 28396 28397 28398 28399 28400 28401 28402 28403 28404 28405 28406 28407 28408 28409 28410 28411 28412 28413 28414 28415 28416 28417 28418 28419 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 [28444] 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 ... 33330 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373481 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 03:21:03 PM

Set a sell order at $67k just incase... for... reasons. Not that I expect it to shoot up that high, this soon.

Full Disclosure: Reset near-term sell target at $60.5k to take some pressure off. Order is waiting to be executed.

I am OK with this decision.

Off to get coffee and start our day.

bob you must have some serious steel balls as I remember you are fuckin' trading the high since 2017!
I couldn't ever do that!
respect

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 03:24:38 PM

Ride the pony !

I myself enjoyed riding other things in my youth, probably ain't happening again though...no worries, at my age, I have higher priorities...
like germinating seeds, (tis the season) throwing treats to the cats, sleeping in (because 2nd shift, albeit, thats gonna end soon , oh boo-hoo)
and educating the noob engineers at my work, (as I near retirement) because...
...well, they are noobs, born mainly during the nineties, and hence, only know how to swipe.....

GO BITCOIN

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10220

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 03:34:14 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), friends1980 (1)

......I had gone for about 5 years w out missing reading a single page of comments....

Yeah right.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You have barely been registered here for 2.5 years and your participation has largely been sporadic and shit-stirring... but of course, whatever, you do like to exaggerate a weeeee bit.  AmiNOTrite?

We could maybe speculate that your nym's tendency to exaggerate is a feature rather than a bug, no?

Just waking up and my jaw dropped when I checked the chart. I didn't expect that! Well played bulls, well played! Once again the panic sellers, trolls, bears, etc. were beaten hard

Sure, we got back into the $60ks, so kind of deflating the bets of those who were considering $60k as insurmountable in the short-term, but still the price move is hardly anything to write home about in terms of going from mid $58ks to mid $60ks.. with a little bit of a blip (so far) of $6,1222.  That would be around a 5% jump, so far.

For sure, I am not attempting to poo poo any of this, and of course, our weighted average may well get back in the top three and perhaps even get back in the top space, so maybe I should not even be downplaying this price move because I agree with the overall point about the price movement causing nervousness in the down voters.. including that some may have already been holding on by a thread and such further move up ends up s liquidating their position(s). 

So, surely having a BTC price that currently is within only about 1% of the current ATH of $61,782 makes the ATH seem almost inevitable to fall within a relatively short-period of time... will it fall in the next 24 hours, or no? how about the next 3 days?  week?  does seem that odds are in favor of it falling, then then next question might be whether we can get all the way to $65k? ort $70k?  or is there some higher price in our immediate future?  Surely there are some people suggesting that there is NOT a whole hell of a lot of resistance between our current place and $100k, and hard to argue with those kinds of claims, and once we consider that $100k within striking distance and decently probable, it just becomes a question regarding how long?  Are we talking weeks?  Months? or quarters? 

Any of those timeline scenarios would be bullish, and I would be more inclined to consider 1-3 months to $100k, even though hardly would be surprised by some other variation playing out.. because maybe I am only assigning around 35% or so odds to such a scenario - even if it may be amongst the scenario with the highest odds in my current contemplations.. and yeah, of course, the 5% or so jumpening of the last 12 hours or so, does help to support such current contemplations.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 03:36:50 PM

Again: A Double Top is only a Double Top when confirmed (that is, breaking long term support level(s)).
So as far as we can "see", we have a possible DT, but nor very likely, because the ascending triangle forms on a higher, midterm magnitude.
Well crap, should've mentioned that besides the most basic stuff I am pretty much useless when it comes to chart analysis, lol. Thanks for the information.

As I said earlier today, I'm all in anyway. Double top or not, f*ck it. I ain't gonna miss this year's ATH - I've missed enough already!
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 04:07:19 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (4), OutOfMemory (1)

I’m not getting the vax and I don’t buy the variants story..
Too convenient of an excuse to control..

It’s all too Orwellian for me, givin all the crazy shit going on in the world from the last us election to all the latest blatant pushing of propaganda including the normalizing of incredible degeneracy and the attempts to destroy western culture/people’s..

Nope I don’t trust a damn think any sort of media or authority says or wants me to do..

All in Bitcoin HODL..
Has quite nice advantages for things such as, say, disappearing somewhere else across the globe once the west becomes completely uninhabitable for someone like me..

I don’t have much confidence in the USA anymore, in the continuance of freedom and liberty there or just about anywhere else in the west..
If things keep going like this it’s gonna be abandon ship..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10220

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 04:27:53 PM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1), 20kevin20 (1)

Damn, I'm having mixed feelings about the outcome of today's market. This is either the beginning of another strong run or the beginning of a drop, because now we're clearly witnessing a double-top unless we go past the high we hit on the 13th of March..

Great morning it is, but tomorrow might suck if the bulls today turn out to be weak! Seems like market signs keep going bullish tho... fuck it, just go all-in and hodl.

What is a double top?  Just some made up shit that likely does not apply to bitcoin even if it might be looking like it is applying for some period of time, until it is not?

My thinking is if the price does not go above $61,782, then so what?  It will try again later, and largely we have been bouncing at the top of the range so why does it really matter very much if we happen to be 1-2% within the top or 5% within the top, 8% or some other relatively low variation?  merely because we go from 8% from within the top to 1% from within the top seems to largely be noise.. and in other words, a BIG SO FUCKING what.

Actually, there should be something that is nice and soothing about the BTC price bouncing between $50k and $61k - whether breaking new ATH or not.. gosh.. does not happen very often to have the BTC price staying at the top of the range for so long, and sure, it could all go to shit, but the odds surely seem to be decent that there is a reason that the BTC price continues to stay at (or near) the top of the range - and that reason seems to be an ability of buy support to catch up and keep up with recent BTC price movements.. is it scary?  is it scary?  Fuck no.  It should be soothing.. but some peeps want to get scared-ie-kitty by what seems to be a pretty decently good kind of ongoing BTC price dynamics.

Hey, by the way, I am a little bit bothered by shitcoins seeming to currently want to pump with bitcoin, but whatever, hopefully at some point some of that froth is going to get purged a bit more whether it is purged with BTC going up, down or sideways, hard to know, but sure in the more recent weeks there has been a bit of pumpening rather than purgening of shitcoins.. and hopefully not too many actually innocent peeps (normies) are getting hurt by participating in such.

Similar to the recent subject about when should we start to measure BTC's price because of course, one of the very first transactions to buy two pizzas for 10k bitcoin might not be as representative as prices a few months down the road when larger numbers of trades are allowed and even locations for conducting such trades become more common.. so in that regard, there is a kind of product of the number of transactions and maybe the passage of time, and I do have some troubles gravitating on any price analysis that uses 2010 data because it seems so sporadic.. but it seems by the time that we are getting to 2011, even if the BTC price discovery is relatively immature, it seems fair enough to start to use that data rather than waiting for 2013 or some further down the road date - at least in my thinking.

I'd agree. I think that, barring contrary evidence, that is perfectly fine to consider as the seminal event in the price discovery for Bitcoin. I've always been wary of wanting to throw out data because it doesn't fit a narrative.

As Wayne Gretzky said, “I skate to where the puck is going, not where it has been.”

When trying to predict "where the puck is going?", it's important to consider its current position and its position 1 second before.

Because you can extrapolate from that data.

Knowing the puck position from 5 minutes ago, or even from the start of the game would not be very useful...

One thing that is off about your attempt to apply a puck analogy to bitcoin's prices is that bitcoin price dynamics are way more complicated than mere momentum.  Sure momentum can tell you some things about short term direction, but bitcoin was designed with 4-year cycles and remains a fairly complicated matter in terms of so many factors that affect BTC's price including the evolution and development of its varying network effects.  the seven outlined by trace mayor are decent to consider,

And even network effects in bitcoin are NOT the ONLY thing affecting longer-term BTC price dynamics that tell us where the price is likely to be going in a longer timeframe in spite of some noise that seems to be playing out in shorter time horizons (even taking a few years to play out some of the ups and downs that end up bringing BTC prices back to their longer term and likely path.. but not inevitable, either) ....  because attempting to incorporate exponential s-curve adoption into your anticipations regarding where bitcoin prices might be going is likely based on longer bitcoin history rather than just picking more recent history which may well end up putting you in the middle of the s-curve rather than attempting to be able to appreciate such s-curve at an earlier (and likely relevant) stage of development that help to spring forth later stages of development (even though quite likely appearing to be quite dwarfed by where the later developments actually ended up going). 
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2021, 04:32:05 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (4)

The fact you are here writing this, is due to you likely having received the following vaccines in childhood.
Diptheria
Hepatitus B
Haemophilus influenzae type b
Polio
Tetanus
Whooping cough
Meningitus B
Pneumonia
Roravirus  
Meningitis
Mumps
Measles

I was never vaccinated as a child. It wasn't until I was made to take them in my 30s to go to Iraq that I got my first vaccine.

I wouldn't really call the COVID jab a vaccine. Moderna wasn't calling it a vaccine when they developed it. They considered it gene therapy. But then they found out they can get out of liability if it's called a vaccine so...*poof*...it's a vaccine.

They just started testing this mRNA approach on humans in 2017 for flu.

While I think the mRNA therapy may be something that can help with future illnesses, I remember my mom telling me growing up "don't try any new medicine unless it's been out on the market for at least 10 years". Sound advice. Though the reality is that I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever taken any medicine.

You can all be the guinnea pigs for this new medical procedure but I'm fine focusing on a natural healthy body that can take on anything. I already had the COVID, it lasted about 2 days. The second day when I realised what it was I took Vitamin D and Zinc in the morning with 1g of Vitamin C every hour. It knocked it right out.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2021, 04:32:40 PM

I read this morning that the reason the price jumped was a tweet by Musk saying "moon soon".
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2905

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 04:40:55 PM

Wasn't he referring to seasonal rains?
Poker Player
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 04:57:53 PM

You can all be the guinnea pigs for this new medical procedure but I'm fine focusing on a natural healthy body that can take on anything. I already had the COVID, it lasted about 2 days. The second day when I realised what it was I took Vitamin D and Zinc in the morning with 1g of Vitamin C every hour. It knocked it right out.

I too focus on natural health, although I am aware that at some point chemical treatment may be necessary.

The case you mention must have been due more to Vitamin C than to the other two components. It is a protocol that usually works very well when you have caught a cold/pharyngitis etc. 1 gram of Vitamin C every hour until you feel better or until you get loose stool (which signals that your body has enough Vitamin C and is expelling what is not needed).

For vitamin D the dose is not as important as the blood levels, I would say at least 60ng/ml but if they are 20 or 30 ng above better. In any case that is not achieved with one day doses but over time, unless you take 100k IU in a single day or sth.

There are many studies on how beneficial it is to have optimal levels of Vitamin D to pass the Covid without symptoms or with few symptoms, most of them are compiled at https://vitamindwiki.com/
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 05:00:56 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2021, 05:12:37 PM by OutOfMemory

Again: A Double Top is only a Double Top when confirmed (that is, breaking long term support level(s)).
So as far as we can "see", we have a possible DT, but nor very likely, because the ascending triangle forms on a higher, midterm magnitude.
Well crap, should've mentioned that besides the most basic stuff I am pretty much useless when it comes to chart analysis, lol. Thanks for the information.

As I said earlier today, I'm all in anyway. Double top or not, f*ck it. I ain't gonna miss this year's ATH - I've missed enough already!

Oh, no worries, i had to read it up too, recently, when it was in the talks a week ago or so.
I have to read up the same stuff pretty often, because i tend to forget  Grin
Hence my nickname

I wouldn't really call the COVID jab a vaccine. Moderna wasn't calling it a vaccine when they developed it. They considered it gene therapy. But then they found out they can get out of liability if it's called a vaccine so...*poof*...it's a vaccine.

While I think the mRNA therapy may be something that can help with future illnesses, I remember my mom telling me growing up "don't try any new medicine unless it's been out on the market for at least 10 years". Sound advice. Though the reality is that I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever taken any medicine.

They're all after the money, after all  Wink

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a natural blood thinner, prevents blood clotting. Zinc helps building up mucosa, the "frontline" barrier of our immune system.
Vitamin D is quite complex, actually a pre-hormone (calciferol) mainly used for the processing and distribution of calcium, in combination with vitamin K2.
Always take Vit-K2 with Vit-D, because VD is raising blood calcium levels and K2 makes sure that it gets where it belongs to (bones, teeth) instead of soft tissues, where it can cause a lot of harm over longer times of use.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 2904

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 05:02:28 PM

Isn’t it Bitcoin season?
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 05:12:09 PM

Personally I had 4 people I know die of this shit. I would say five, but B blew his brains out when he was sick enough that he needed to go to the hospital. So I guess that was a suicide. So far I seem to have no other effects from shot 1 other than feeling sleepy that afternoon and kind of punky the next day with arm hurting when I pressed on it till day 3.

i personally know one person who died of covid from my church. they had a family gathering. basically the whole family caught covid but just one died.

next week is my 2nd pfizer shot. 1st shot side effects were sore arm, mild headache and fatigue. cleared in a couple days.

people can do what they want but im with the science on this one. ive got comorbidities so ill let the deniers take the chance of long term damage from getting it.

couple of my friends will not get the shot. ive not tried to talk them into it aside from correcting some misinformation (like its a live virus thats injected etc). their choice. once im immunized we can hang out so it works out i guess. except for the part the virus now has willing hosts it can practice mutating in to become even better killers instead of dying.

I am 64 I get my first shot on Tues the 13th like you it is Pfizer.

Of 75-80 relatives going to holiday parties from Nov 2019 to New Years 2019 8 or 9 of us got it.

3 Went to hospital my wife included.
All survived.
But here we are 1 year and 4 months later with both me and my wife suffering from damage from having it.
Since you can get it  a second time and we had it early We do not want a variant. So we are getting the shots.

We found out my wife had a hidden issue which is why the disease was so hard on her.
She is finally having her lungs heal after more than 1 year of treatment.
I have type 2 diabetes which I can control with keto diet. I am a bit overweight 6 ft 195 lbs.

So frankly we are not taking chances.

Now we BTC taking off and me being well positioned to mine it for the next few years. We could do really well $$ or BTC BTC wise. So I want to be able to travel and have a bit of fun.

So Pfizer it is.

Yes, good choice, imho.
It is not clear how long the "natural" protection lasts.
I had 2 Pfizer shots already-first one arm was sore for a couple of days, but mostly if I pressed on it, second-the same, but even milder.
The side effects were so small that I am not even sure that a correct dose was administered (especially second time), so will check for antibodies soon.
6ft? How you even fit on a ship? I thought that navy always looks for smaller people to ease the personnel in. 6ft and above is a marine corps type situation.
I am close in height and weight, a bit younger, not by much...wicked.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 05:13:19 PM

Isn’t it Bitcoin season?

Yes, since 2009 actually  Grin
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 05:29:15 PM

Oh, no worries, i had to read it up too, recently, when it was in the talks a week ago or so.
I have to read up the same stuff pretty often, because i tend to forget  Grin
Hence my nickname

They're all after the money, after all  Wink

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a natural blood thinner, prevents blood clotting. Zinc helps building up mucosa, the "frontline" barrier of our immune system.
Vitamin D is quite complex, actually a pre-hormone (calciferol) mainly used for the processing and distribution of calcium, in combination with vitamin K2.
Always take Vit-K2 with Vit-D, because VD is raising blood calcium levels and K2 makes sure that it gets where it belongs to (bones, teeth) instead of soft tissues, where it can cause a lot of harm over longer times of use.

Some comments on vit regimens: if you take a large dose on any vitamin, especially water-soluble like vit C, other vitamins will be removed by kidney together with it, so at the minimum take some vit Bs with it.
1g of vit C/hour is a horse size dose anyway, but to each their own. For myself, 0.5g/once a day when i feel under weather is enough.
Interesting point reg vit K. It does help with bone metabolism, but it is also widely available in food (K1 in greens and K2 in meats, cheese and eggs) plus half of the daily requirement is being provided by the gut bacteria.
Since vit K is essential for blood clotting (which basically means helping survival), I found it interesting that we have a gut co-habitant (bacteria) that helps us to stay alive, which "benefits" them in turn.
It's funny how it all fits together.
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 708

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 05:31:11 PM

Isn’t it Bitcoin season?

Yes! It is but never ending season. Grin
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 05:44:30 PM

Some comments on vit regimens: if you take a large dose on any vitamin, especially water-soluble like vit C, other vitamins will be removed by kidney together with it, so at the minimum take some vit Bs with it.
1g of vit C/hour is a horse size dose anyway, but to each their own. For myself, 0.5g/once a day when i feel under weather is enough.
Interesting point reg vit K. It does help with bone metabolism, but it is also widely available in food (K1 in greens and K2 in meats, cheese and eggs) plus half of the daily requirement is being provided by the gut bacteria.
Since vit K is essential for blood clotting (which basically means helping survival), I found it interesting that we have a gut co-habitant (bacteria) that helps us to stay alive, which "benefits" them in turn.
It's funny how it all fits together.

Thanks for adding all the detail i lacked in my post (had to put a kid to sleep).
I'd like to add that K2 is also capable of removing (!) arterial plaque, which has been proven in a dutch study, which was a small one, but delivered clear results.
Seems like K2 generally helps to regulate clotting in body liquids.

A dose of 1g/h of pure vitamin C would make me shit my guts out after a few hours, btw.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 06:09:45 PM

Poor again.

Only 2% filled Sad

I feel so empty.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 2904

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 06:10:18 PM

$58, $59k, $60k, $61k, $60k, $59k..... seriously?

Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 06:14:11 PM

Poor again.

Only 2% filled Sad

I feel so empty.

You drunk mate? Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 28394 28395 28396 28397 28398 28399 28400 28401 28402 28403 28404 28405 28406 28407 28408 28409 28410 28411 28412 28413 28414 28415 28416 28417 28418 28419 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 [28444] 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 ... 33330 »
  Print  

Jump to: