May 06, 2024, 09:05:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 [28502] 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 28536 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372771 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 04:50:36 PM
Merited by vapourminer (2)

<snip>

edit: and i can feel those  Pfizer 5G nanobots feeding me lifeforce as i type, especially now that ive had the 2nd injection. 5 bars of 5G signal on my phone now and no 5G towers in 100 miles of here. sweet bonus, that! i have become.. become.. well.. something.

I don't believe you that, you know.
Because the Pfizer shot does contain no hydrogel which in turn is obviously needed for organically based wireless transmissions and nanobot implants.
Therefor: definitely no internet connection with the Pfizer shot and you will also not get better 5G signal either (math, science, etc.). Hell I even am not sure if you've really got any nanobots, people can say anything on the internets and I am 50/50 you are just bragging around with your nanobot implants  Grin

That's what the gubbermint of OZ has to say about the topic of internet connections through vaccines (they only talk about the Pfizer shot, so I wonder if the moderna stuff has better connectivity):

Can COVID-19 vaccines connect me to the internet?

COVID-19 vaccines do not – and cannot – connect you to the internet.

Some of the mRNA vaccines being developed include the use of a material called a hydrogel, which might help disperse the vaccine slowly into our cells.
Bioengineers have used similar hydrogels for many years in different ways. For instance, they've used them to help stem cells survive after being put inside our bodies.
Because of this, some people believe that hydrogels are needed for electronic implants, which can connect to the internet.

The Pfizer mRNA vaccine does not use hydrogels as a component.
The Pfizer mRNA vaccine contains a piece of mRNA which is coated in a lipid (fatty) droplet. The lipid helps the vaccine enter our cells, as the membrane holding our cells together is also made mostly of lipid. The vaccine and the membrane can fuse easily, depositing the mRNA inside the cell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 04:58:04 PM

Besides, you should be aiming to increase your overall wealth by minimum 10% each year. Then you only need to worry about choosing “his and her” matching colour Lambos... or his/his (Bob)

well, three really: yours, your wifes, and your wifes boyfriend*

*all genders to be adjusted to taste of course.

And remember this!!!

If your partner confesses that they cheated on you, I know the temptation is to ask, “with who?“

But that's inappropriate. Avoid it.

Instead ask, “with whom? “ It is important to speak good English.

Actually just skip that question and move straight to "GTFO". Saves a lot of time and BS.
birr

Activity: 868
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 05:03:07 PM

aminorex, aminorex, where art thou aminorex?
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 05:27:51 PM

Bloody Sunday has gone, however market is still surviving.

In fact, we're passing a crucial point in time. Hold your breath. Shit always happens on those panic sellers.

This is nothing other than a good time to accumulate. It's still a bull market. No need to hold the breath.  Grin

So, are we supposed to hold our breath or not?

Guess it's just volatile  Cheesy
2nd dip, still no fiat. Had to squeeze out about +25% of a ministash (sub 0.05) on some exchange via shitcoin trading.
Still waiting for news from the insurance, which took money back in the height of my tax refund, which they paid me too much six years ago.
Now it's about extending the insurance payments for another year or getting kicked out again, but the court will usually sort this out, until my brain works good enough to work in the IT inDUSTry again.

EDIT: So there are maybe a couple of months on low income ahead. But my lawyer said: "late news is good news", when it comes to the state insurance mafia company.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2021, 05:33:46 PM
Merited by psycodad (1)

<snip>

edit: and i can feel those  Pfizer 5G nanobots feeding me lifeforce as i type, especially now that ive had the 2nd injection. 5 bars of 5G signal on my phone now and no 5G towers in 100 miles of here. sweet bonus, that! i have become.. become.. well.. something.

I don't believe you that, you know.
Because the Pfizer shot does contain no hydrogel which in turn is obviously needed for organically based wireless transmissions and nanobot implants.
Therefor: definitely no internet connection with the Pfizer shot and you will also not get better 5G signal either (math, science, etc.). Hell I even am not sure if you've really got any nanobots, people can say anything on the internets and I am 50/50 you are just bragging around with your nanobot implants  Grin

That's what the gubbermint of OZ has to say about the topic of internet connections through vaccines (they only talk about the Pfizer shot, so I wonder if the moderna stuff has better connectivity):

Can COVID-19 vaccines connect me to the internet?

COVID-19 vaccines do not – and cannot – connect you to the internet.

Some of the mRNA vaccines being developed include the use of a material called a hydrogel, which might help disperse the vaccine slowly into our cells.
Bioengineers have used similar hydrogels for many years in different ways. For instance, they've used them to help stem cells survive after being put inside our bodies.
Because of this, some people believe that hydrogels are needed for electronic implants, which can connect to the internet.

The Pfizer mRNA vaccine does not use hydrogels as a component.
The Pfizer mRNA vaccine contains a piece of mRNA which is coated in a lipid (fatty) droplet. The lipid helps the vaccine enter our cells, as the membrane holding our cells together is also made mostly of lipid. The vaccine and the membrane can fuse easily, depositing the mRNA inside the cell.

I heard they're putting a full Bitcoin node in the next shots. More decentralisation. Be your own bank. Literally.
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 708

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 05:34:29 PM

I stacked some more btc today.  dip looks good.

@ Sayeds56

"Please share any news or Technical analysis behind this 60K Price prediction."

Wink is all I got Grin

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2896

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 05:36:20 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1)

“Seems like a lot of energy usage for something that's closed after 5 pm and weekends.”

Chart is from @ARKInvest's 2020 research
https://twitter.com/documentingbtc/status/1384140685071187981?s=21
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 05:37:49 PM
Merited by Krubster (1)

Ethereum the best

It’s been asked many times of you irritating fucking diptwat, please for you and your other deluded dumb-ass shill-trolls to take your nonsense to in the ethereumshitcoin threads.... you really have no respect for others? This is a BTC thread....

Have a great day, somewhere else.   Kiss

FTFY

Woah, that's quite a response. I feel... honored.

I'm just going to keep it short and give my view why I rather stay in BTC instead of fiat.

Selling month to month may sound like a crazy way to manage cash-flow. But see it as a salary or DCA if you like.

Surely, I would not be asserting that it will not work in all circumstances, but for the vast majority of normies (who might just be getting into BTC or attempting to balance their fiat cashflow in terms of how much BTC to hold versus fiat), they are likely going to be much better off planning beyond month to month, and I had suggested having a 6 month cashflow for someone with fairly basic (or not too complicate) financial circumstances, and something like 18-24 months with someone who has more complicated financial circumstances or just might want to project ahead further.

Bitcoin is my main source of income and has been so ever since I quit my job in 2016.

Surely, getting an income in bitcoin would not be the circumstances of most normies - and of course, income source would ONLY be part of the story - and the other part would be expenses..are those payable in bitcoin (or are they measured in dollars/fiat)?

Another aspect, of course, is tailoring to your own circumstances and perhaps tweaking along the way, so if you have already been in such a practice since 2016 - gosh that could be 5 years or so, then you have already been through some decent BTC volatility periods, and I will presume that you have been attempting to learn along the way, in the event that you might have had some adjusting/tweaking that you have had to do during that period.

Since we are in a public thread, it may well be helpful to share some of your tactics, if you believe that they could be of general applicability.

You know sometimes guys here will describe some circumstances or practices that they have, and sure it is tailored to their own situation, but if we do not know certain aspects of their own situation, then we might wrongly conclude that some practice like theirs might work for our own circumstances, too.. which may or may not be true.

The reason I'm staying all-in in BTC and not selling more than needed is because I feel that is the safest bet. Just like your strategy has been a success for you, this strategy has worked out pretty well for me. I'm doing OK.

I have been thinking about some of this in recent times too in terms of debt.  I surely am not against the use of fiat based debt to potentially leverage the amount of BTC that you are able to buy.  Michael Saylor and some others have brought this strategy to the spotlight in recent times, and one thing that allows him to engage in such aggressiveness in that direction remains a decent amount of assurance in his already existing cashflow that he can project out, and the asset values that he already has that he can project out.  It may sound a bit ironic to some, but over the years, I had gravitated into a kind of similar approach as Saylor in my use of debt - which I increasingly was able to accomplish in the very late 90s and moreso in the early 2000s... So for example, I would get pretty decent-sized loans that had really low interest rates, but I would largely already have the money to pay it back, but the loan would still give me greater flexibility in terms of putting some or all of that money to work, and so as that money was working to increase income, then I would be able to attempt to leverage more money based on the increase in my portfolios.  It's like a positive loop, as long as you keep your money working - and many folks get tempted when they have so much additional cash to buy consumption goods such as expensive cars or furniture or go out to eat at nice places, which likely end up being depreciating assets.  

Surely, some of those seemingly consumption items could be justified in terms of increasing income, so maybe a car is needed to produce income, and does the fancy new Mercedes or BeeMer end up bringing in value/utility that is greater than the Ford, Toyota or even Lexus?   Might there be some value (utility) in buying a car that already depreciated quite a bit in value, such as a 3 year old car (which still might be like new) rather than the new car?

Anyhow, most of my point here relates to attempting to use debt in ways to build value, especially in earlier years - and of course, you may well be able to splurge a lot more when you have reached certain levels of profitability, and even excess profitability - which does not likely come automatically, but may begin to be more measurable with the passage of time.

If this indeed was the top of the bull-run and we were to enter another crypto winter, I can manage that too. Either way, I will try to take advantage of the volatility with my trading stash, which currently is around 5% of my total stash.

I personally believe that the longer you are in, the more you should be able to build up comfort - as long as you do not screw up too much along the way.  Even with some screw ups, BTC can be relatively forgiving so long as you have been erring on the side of stacking sats - while at the same time, we know that past performance does not guarantee future results - even though we do have some current BTC price models that do seem to decently show us how to assign probabilities.

What's the worst thing that could happen, bitcoin going to zero over night because of some unpredictable event?

That would be pretty bad...and surely would suck for a lot of us.  I remember having those kinds of dreams (or maybe nightmares) a lot more in my earlier days in BTC (maybe between about 2014 and 2017), but have not been having them too much in recent times, even though every once in a while I will still get a kind of stray dream like that.  Surely, zero does not seem too likely, and I would suspect even going back to sub $10k or god-forbid sub $3k would be quite traumatic, even if it is NOT quite zero.

Fine, that's not the end of the world (or maybe it is?).

Hopefully it is not.  I think that even if such outrageous scenarios seem to be less than 1% or .001% in the more extreme scenarios (and hopefully you are not so deluded that you are assigning unrealistically low probabilities to events that have much higher probabilities of happening), it seems to me that there should still be some considerations and preparations for variations of such extremely negative scenarios... but also in my thinking, those kinds of outrageous and extreme scenarios ONLY deserve in the ballpark of as much considerations and preparations as their probabilities indicate (so in my thinking it would be completely ludicrous to put 10% or 20% preparations into various scenarios that only have 1% or even .001% odds of happening  ... there needs to be some proportionality and no problema with hedging a wee bit either).

If it's not, I guess I'll just have to look for a job again. At least I had one hell of a ride.

Actually, you are correct about considering your youth, your health and your various skills (employability).  Some people might not be ready, willing or able to unpull the fuck you lever once they pull it (meaning going back to work - including some people thinking that they could become something like a Walmart greeter.. and yeah, we have all likely seen people working or trying to gain income in various activities and ways that seem quite unsuited to their abilities and skills.

By the way, around late 2013 - right around the time right before I got into bitcoin, I had pulled some variation of the fuck you lever (actually, there were things that I had decided in the prior year or maybe more) that had largely contributed to my pulling of the fuck you lever in late 2013 to become almost inevitable by the time that it came.. It was not a complete pulling of the fuck you lever, but there was a certain lack of desire building in me to engage in the kind of hustle that would allow me to make the salary that I was making at that time.  So, even though there may well be circumstances that could allow me to either make that level of income or to exceed it, there is a decently high level of reluctance that has remained in me (and luckily I have not had to go down that road) to actually try to get a job that either pays anywhere close to that fuck you lever pulling job that I had, or even some job that might supplement my ability to live at some fraction of the level of income that I had from that job.

Another kind of funny and ironic thing is that I would have likely not had time to look into bitcoin or even to be motivated to get into bitcoin if I had kept my fuck you lever pulling job in late 2013 - and even though it largely took a few years for my bitcoin appreciation to exceed what I would have earned by staying in that job, even by late 2018 (referring to the correction) the value of my BTC investment had increased to a level that put me close to being on par from my fuck you lever pulling income, but surely, our most recent price run after September 2020 that seems to have tested $10k for the last time has allowed a kind of sealing of the deal in terms of not only bringing income and value to where I am at, but also provided future income that decently exceeds what I had been making on a monthly and regular basis while not really having to do much if any work (beyond managing it) for that exceeding value to be able to continue to be withdrawn - even into perpetuity - upon my choosing (and I largely have not started withdrawing any value yet - beyond various maintenances or incidentally) - and without having to work.. which I would surely consider a vast amount of what is going on in my own situation as passive income - even if Biodom does not like my categorization of withdraw of BTC value (or anticipation of it) as "passive" income because supposedly I am misleading people blah blah blah because once I start withdrawing value from my BTC, I would actually be depleting the number of my coins... blah blah blah... he can go fuck himself with his failure/refusal to appreciate the points that a decent level of assurances can be achieved in terms of how to measure value of an asset and ability to draw upon such value rather than waiting for some pie in the sky moment that forestalls pulling the fuck you lever in a meaningful way while still having enough youth and energy to enjoy such NOT having to work ever again (except completely voluntarily) (beyond perhaps managing your own money).
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 05:52:01 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Maybe, but no one should rely on dividends as a firm number. In 2008 many dividend paying stocks were decimated together with everything else.

There are some schools of thought that do not rely on dividends at all. They look at total equity or capital growth, and whether you take out dividends or not, the end result is the same. If those dividend paying stock companies choose not to pay out dividends but add it back to the company, then the value of the company may go up, then you can sell your shares for a higher price.

But we all know it's a little bit more complicated than that.

Some people like to get those dividend aristocrat companies (those that have paid dividends every year, and every year it has increased, for the past so many years, like 5 to 20 years.)

What they are saying is just get the whole market. It'll grow faster.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/personal-finance/gen-y-money/article-a-contrarian-argues-against-building-wealth-and-creating-income/

In my opinion, investing for dividend income is one of the most romanticized ideas in personal finance. The thinking goes that if you can buy up enough stocks with stable and growing dividends, then you will have achieved financial independence – you can live off of your dividends regardless of market volatility.

He's got a video of the same ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5j9v9dfinQ

About the only advantage to dividends is some of them may be taxed more favorably than capital gains below a certain threshold, something like the first $50k or something. Depends on your tax laws in your country.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12041

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 05:53:32 PM

Good for me....  Cheesy
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 05:59:01 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), OutOfMemory (1)

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1384127918557712385?s=20

https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/bitcoin-fundamentals/bitcoin-and-bonds-greg-foss/

Should be interesting, planB says so  Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 06:09:39 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Bitstamps order book (BUY SIDE) has been knocking around $50m to $60 million for months now. Today it has jumped to $135 million. This is the highest I have ever seen it. bullish

Aren't the walls of order books reverse indicators?  Or have times changed in BTClandia?

(no one sent me the memo... )

That's a kind of thing that happens to each of us if we happen to be so lucky as to get older, even if such thing might NOT happen in such extremes, some variation of that does happen with age.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 06:28:21 PM

1) A Tale of Two Crashes:

Coinbase, FTX, and the future of crypto.

https://twitter.com/SBF_Alameda/status/1384133118228004867?s=20

Nice thread about FTX, most innovative exchange imho
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 708

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 06:32:50 PM

Good for me....  Cheesy

Exactly. History proved this fact many times.

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2021, 06:39:53 PM

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7851

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2021, 06:44:07 PM

Bloody Sunday has gone, however market is still surviving.

In fact, we're passing a crucial point in time. Hold your breath. Shit always happens on those panic sellers.

This is nothing other than a good time to accumulate. It's still a bull market. No need to hold the breathGrin

So, are we supposed to hold our breath or not?

Yes?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 07:26:16 PM

I think that there is also a kind of consensus evolving in recent times that even today, you need $2million as compared to what a millionaire would have been in 2010-ish   So $1million will give you about $3,333 in passive income per month and sure double that with $2million.. to $6,667 per month of passive income.

There is NO consensus that 1mil gives you 3.3 thou a month of passive income.
Where are you getting these numbers?
Buying dividend stock or 10 year treasury is NOT passive income.
Spending down your 1 mil is also not considered passive income.
You keep saying that over and over, but it is absolutely erroneous.
I would be in agreement if you say that you can probably spend 3.3% of your stash every year without ever running out, but stop calling it "passive income".
Passive income is "earnings derived from a rental property, limited partnership, or other enterprise in which a person is not actively involved."
This is what passive income is, but it is NOT spending down your stash.

I am fairly certain dividends from stock/shares, interest received from savings, royalties, is a form of passive income. However, unless you are retired, DRP is the way to go!

Everyone’s situation is different and how they invest and plan for future retirement will be different, but the one thing we can all agree on is, we never want to worry about where to find that extra $100 to pay a late bill.

Besides, you should be aiming to increase your overall wealth by minimum 10% each year. Then you only need to worry about choosing “his and her” matching colour Lambos... or his/his (Bob)

I am not sure what DRP is, and if you are suggesting that it is a good supplement in terms of a type of asset to generate passive income?

Of course, if we keep most of our value in BTC (and maybe some in fiat), then we might consider ways to formulate systems that allow us to be able to draw from our BTC in some kind of way without having to either worry about the overly depletion of value within our intended timeframe or having psychological pressures regarding either from where to draw upon sources or that we might not have a sufficient cushion (your example of paying the $100 late bill).

It seems to me that if we are managing our own assets, even in the most toughest of times, we should have enough cushion that we are not overly worried about ways to pay various shorter-term expenses that might come in, but if times are rough for a considerable amount of time beyond expectations, we may well have to consider easier measures first in terms of cutting down on some of our costs/expenses in the short term so that later down the road we will not be running into figuring out our cash flow matters.

Regarding your target of increasing wealth by a minimum of 10% per year (I would add on average), I am in full agreement with that kind of targeting during accumulation of wealth phases, but once you get into either maintenance or even liquidation stages, the goals might change including whether you might merely be attempting to maintain value (however you measure that) or even starting to draw down the value.... So a goal of 10% per year minimum (on average) seems to ONLY apply to the accumulation phase - even if incidentally value might still increase in maintenance stage and even in liquidation stage, based on market movements.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 07:45:51 PM
Merited by Biodom (1)

[novel]

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 07:48:22 PM

That's a kind of thing that happens to each of us if we happen to be so lucky as to get older, even if such thing might NOT happen in such extremes, some variation of that does happen with age.

I'm pretty sure odd looking mustaches are optional. At least, I sure hope so.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 07:50:44 PM

Of course, if we keep most of our value in BTC (and maybe some in fiat), then we might consider ways to formulate systems that allow us to be able to draw from our BTC in some kind of way without having to either worry about the overly depletion of value within our intended timeframe or having psychological pressures regarding either from where to draw upon sources or that we might not have a sufficient cushion (your example of paying the $100 late bill).

If and when Bitcoin reaches stability, we will, of course, have to seek other options if we wish to grow our wealth. That'll likely be the traditional investment categories, stocks, shares, loans, the normal gubbins. Hopefully by that time, they will be denominated in Bitcoin. Just living off the stash might well be a reasonable option for many though.
Pages: « 1 ... 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 [28502] 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 28536 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: