7/21 - 1 (1%)
7/28 - 11 (11.2%)
8/4 - 16 (16.3%)
8/11 - 7 (7.1%)
8/18 - 5 (5.1%)
8/25 - 7 (7.1%)
After August - 51 (52%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 ... 28864 28865 28866 28867 28868 28869 28870 28871 28872 28873 28874 28875 28876 28877 28878 28879 28880 28881 28882 28883 28884 28885 28886 28887 28888 28889 28890 28891 28892 28893 28894 28895 28896 28897 28898 28899 28900 28901 28902 28903 28904 28905 28906 28907 28908 28909 28910 28911 28912 28913 [28914] 28915 28916 28917 28918 28919 28920 28921 28922 28923 28924 28925 28926 28927 28928 28929 28930 28931 28932 28933 28934 28935 28936 28937 28938 28939 28940 28941 28942 28943 28944 28945 28946 28947 28948 28949 28950 28951 28952 28953 28954 28955 28956 28957 28958 28959 28960 28961 28962 28963 28964 ... 33723 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26456627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10831

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 04:19:09 AM

100k in one hour ?

That's the spirit!!!!

That doesn't sound good. See El Salvador to airdrop $30 in Bitcoin to every adult citizen:
Prensa Latina notes El Salvador’s citizens will only receive the free Bitcoin after downloading the government-issued cryptocurrency wallet application.
A government controlled wallet sounds very bad Sad

Who cares?? ... It's free publicity. And they will eventually want to hold some sort of coin into their own hand. And if they want to sell and get out, the Government will buy it all at cheap price from the suckers that sell and then they will lend it against other currencies "under the sheets" deal with their own central bank. Smiley  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

*Edit(): Not to mention... THEY WILL LEND FIAT TO THEIR PEOPLE BACKED BY BTCiTCOIN AND THEY WILL HAVE TO PAY BACK BIG BUCKS!!! Cheesy Cheesy

At least someone is consistent.

That is the consistency of Save the RF not making hardly no senses.

Let's say Satoshi was a group, it would seem there is only one spokeperson who posted on the forums, as the posts are consistent up until he or she or they disappeared. So maybe he was working with a group but the main character is the only one posting as a single entity.

But doesn't explain why they haven't moved their stash of BTC though! Smiley

There are two simple explanations for that:

1. Satoshi died.
2. He deleted access to the wallets / never had access to them / mining computer nuked / did not care for value.

It's quite possible someone has more than enough money to resist the urge trying to cash out a few billion dollars worth of bitcoin, but that's unlikely.

The best theory I have seen (which CSW sued the guy to take the post down so obviously he's above the target) is that Hal Finney was the brains behind Bitcoin using his genius brain to put together all of the pieces created by so many smart cypherpunks before him. He enlisted the help of Dave Kleinman for his expertise as well they were both suffering from the same life threatening disease. While Finney did most of the background work Dave took on the Satoshi character understanding the implications of what they were doing. He knew that he needed to be completely anonymous so he asked his friend Craig Wright for some pointers on how to hide his identity very well. He then took on the "public" persona of Satoshi and was the Satoshi that we all know. He set up the first few nodes while keeping anonymous, bringing in Finney's nodes early on as a non-anonymous node though they likely were working together on everything before that.

Finney and Kleinman eventually died. Craig Wright, knowing that Kleinman was Satoshi tried desperately to get Kleinman's computers and USB drives from his family after his death. Also, it would make sense that CSW knew who Satoshi was otherwise he would not be so willing to come out and claim that he is Satoshi. The real Satoshi could always prove him wrong otherwise. CSW also likely knew some specifics about how Kleinman stayed anonymous so he was able to put some pieces together to make it look like it was him all along.

CSW can try to sue me for posting this but good luck finding me.

Whoaza!!!!  Elwar with the low down.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 04:21:24 AM

The best theory I have seen (which CSW sued the guy to take the post down so obviously he's above the target) is that Hal Finney was the brains behind Bitcoin using his genius brain to put together all of the pieces created by so many smart cypherpunks before him. He enlisted the help of Dave Kleinman for his expertise as well they were both suffering from the same life threatening disease. While Finney did most of the background work Dave took on the Satoshi character understanding the implications of what they were doing. He knew that he needed to be completely anonymous so he asked his friend Craig Wright for some pointers on how to hide his identity very well. He then took on the "public" persona of Satoshi and was the Satoshi that we all know. He set up the first few nodes while keeping anonymous, bringing in Finney's nodes early on as a non-anonymous node though they likely were working together on everything before that.

Finney and Kleinman eventually died. Craig Wright, knowing that Kleinman was Satoshi tried desperately to get Kleinman's computers and USB drives from his family after his death. Also, it would make sense that CSW knew who Satoshi was otherwise he would not be so willing to come out and claim that he is Satoshi. The real Satoshi could always prove him wrong otherwise. CSW also likely knew some specifics about how Kleinman stayed anonymous so he was able to put some pieces together to make it look like it was him all along.

CSW can try to sue me for posting this but good luck finding me.

... CSW and Kleinman are not nearly in Satoshi's league

... it's like comparing high school math teachers to Euler
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10831

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 04:27:43 AM

[edited out]

BuhJesus! Edited To Save BBS Real Estate Some Peeps either Has too much time or too many typing skillz!

So I get what you're saying, and for many peeps this is SoLiD F'n advice! But here's the thing... a lot of peeps AIN'T most peeps...

Seems to me that I attempt to provide overall guidelines regarding how to consider BTC allocation(s), and of course, each person is going to have to tailor to his/her own situation.

So I got the first house paid off in full. I got the bug out bag with a month's worth of food, Gold, & Silver. I got the adequate supply of tactically engineered Iron & Lead. And between my and my wife's jobs, we currently make approximately double our current expenses based on our current quality of life requirements,  and we both have approximately 25-30 more years of average income years in out estimated life cycles. We also have the 80 acres of rugged mountain land with a solid 1gallon/minute natural spring, fish able stream, and more than adequate woodland, arable crop field, and pasture land to support 10+ people, with a mapped out path from said house in the city to said mountain land w/o ever exiting heavy woodland coverage.

Nothing wrong with that, if you can afford it.

We have plans to buy another house somewhere between current house and mountain land that will be more of the kind of place where we'd want to live long term. The current house is being modernized and developed to be a rental property "smart-house" in the city targeted at the single executive or childless professional couple.

You going to kick out your tenant when you "need" the house - eg when Armageddon comes?

Debt is at absolute 0 (or rather cards are paid off monthly to keep credit active without ever accruing interest) and wife has a little over $10k left in a completely unmanaged 401k while simultaneously contributing weekly to an active and well managed 401k.
End result, if I never made a dime off of BTC and the US$ inflated into cheap kindling... I think we'd be fine.

Devil is in the details regarding how many BTC that you have and how many you believe that you might need.

BUT if I can outperform my wife's 401k's in 6 month's time, she has agreed to give me the dormant unmanaged $10k to grow as I see fit.

That seems doable in these upcoming 6 months, but surely BTC is more than just a short term investment, so usually it is best to have at least a 4-year time horizon (from the time that you last inject money into it) and a longer time horizon would be better, of course.

above you said that you have 25-30 years, which should be more than enough to reach whatever BTC accumulation goal that you might make for yourselves.. and yeah it could be helpful to have two people working in the same direction, as long as that lasts and seems to be working out.

If BTC stays low for a couple more months, then goes parabolic, easy-peasy I win... a missed boat. The 401k will likely crash & burn before I can get any real buy in opportunity and my best bet at that point is to leave it untouched until it recovers enough to be of any use.

Yeah.. so sure, you will have something quite similar to the hypothetical that I mentioned with a $10k being immediately available, and sure you could attempt to be strategic about investing it on the dip and somewhat attempting to figuring out where the BTC price might go without getting too greedy about it that ends up going against you.  Like I mentioned earlier though, if your time horizon is at least 4 years and even longer, then if your wife is onboard with the possibility that it could take a while to get that part back into the green, you could just attempt to come to some kind of joint agreement regarding how to invest the money into BTC.. but if she has given you complete discretion, and she knows that it could take 4 years or longer to become profitable, then that might be enough of an agreement from her (but we know that women can get finicky and change their minds.. so you may well have to attempt to explain to her what you are doing and why you are doing it the way that you are doing it so that she understands your approach and that she should also attempt to have patience). 

By the way, I do not recommend taking money out of a 401k - unless you are folding it into some kind of self-directed fund that you would not be paying penalties for early withdrawal.

However if I use my system to maximize gains and possibly even reach a point where I've been able to draw out as much as I've put in and still have significant value to continue playing upward, I will then have an additional $10k and my wife's full support and admiration to play it smart and solid from that point on.

Sure ongoing profitability could happen, but difficult to know on the short to medium term in regards to whether your plays will be profitable and keeping everyone contented.

You mentioned in a previous post that I should talk more about how my system plays out, but I did talk about it a bit a couple weeks ago and you very much didn't want to hear it.

Oh?  I don't remember that.  I suppose any of us can get moody, or maybe some ways of framing topics are more compelling than others?  perhaps?  I can hardly imagine anything too exciting happening in a matter of a mere few weeks or months.. and I surely don't get too excited about short term plays that seem more like gambling and guessing rather than having more long term strategies in mind.. maybe that is a bit of a bias that I have against anything that is coming off as gambling rather than a kind of investing strategy.

Basically I've chose 3 of the top 10 Alts (shitcoins) and I play the exchange rates against each other to maximize tradable volatility while still focusing on a weekly dollar cost average contribution to my system.

I doubt that very many folks want to hear about your dabbling in shitcoins, especially in this thread, and I surely am not interested in dabbling in shitcoins even if the purpose is to try to get more BTC out of that.  There are shitcoin threads that you can talk about those various distractions, if that is what you are into.

All of my buys & sells are at the same dollar amount and that dollar amount is equal to the dollar amount of my weekly contribution. So we'll call that dollar amount a "Lot". I started 3 weeks ago, so I have deposited 3 weekly Lot's into the portfolio's and I also added a lump sum equal to 10 Lot's to get me moving.
I currently have 4 Lot's of BTC at a CA 10% below current market value (and we're down right now), 4 Lot's of my Tier 1 Alt coin at CA about 5% over current market, 3 Lots of Tier 2 Alt at +10% and 1 Lot of Tier 3 at +2.5%. Plus I have 6 Lot's of US$ scheduled for BTC buys if the dippening continues through the weekend.

Again.. not interested in shitcoin discussions.

So currently I have 18 Lot's even though I have only invested 13 US$ Lot's. 6 of those Lot's are currently in US$ so I have a 7 to 12 risk to reward ratio. If my system blew up in my face right now I could still walk away with 6 Lot's in cash, 4 Lot's in BTC and hope like hell I can somehow recover my 3 Lot's out of the 8 Lot's of Alts. I'm feeling pretty good even though BTC is currently looking like it's on a Downward ladder for the weekend.

you are losing me when you mix shitcoins into the discussion because I am not interested.

Now my goal is to reach a 1 to 10 risk to reward ratio and feel confident in the fact that I can go for weeks on end without even thinking about where things stand and still easily pull out every dollar I've put in at a moments notice and have plenty of free BTC to continue growing. At that point I am certain my wife will be ready to hand over that neglected 401k whether we've reached 6 months or not, and I'll probably dive back in to make it grow in BTC but could just as easily decide to put it into another house, or Gold & Silver, or other investment opportunities depending upon how things develop between now and then.
At this point in time I feel pretty strongly that I'll be all in on my BTC system, but a lot can change in 6 months... especially when you're thinking forward 25-30+ years.

I think that it is o.k. to attempt to project ahead about some cashflows that you might have 6 months down the road, but until such cashflow is in your grubby little hands, it is merely theoretical. 

Even though my default would be to consider the matter of the $10k in the three categories of lump sum, DCA and buying on dips, exactly what I would do with the $10k might also depend upon where the BTC market is at that particular time, and I would consider just plugging such $10k into my already existing system, if it is already set up then it should be relatively straight forward to just plug the additional amount into the system in places that you are believing to be needing of buttressing, and if you decide that zero goes to lump sum investing, then there are only DCA and buying on dips that remain, and how far down the ladder you want to go with your buying on dips might depend where the BTC price is at the time that you get the money.

So my Stop/Limit buy at the lowest price I've been able to catch thus far, brought my total BTC Cost Average up $15... Cry

If you are looking at long term 4-10 years or more like 25 years, then it should not matter very much about your costs per BTC going up a wee little bit.

Saylor started out with BTC costs around $11k, and he kept buying up to around 105k BTC, and now his costs per BTC are around $26k, and he does not seem to give too many shits.
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 04:54:41 AM

there is no increase in new users anywhere except tron

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1801

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 05:01:25 AM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 4303

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 05:15:20 AM

budddeyyyy!
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1881
Merit: 3054

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 05:21:05 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2021, 07:01:06 AM by ivomm
Merited by El duderino_ (5), LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Hey! Where's everyone? Only @ChartBuddy and @LFC_Bitcoin observing right now?
Come on!
Everybody is good at observing when the price is pumping.
The real WO gang is when price is boring!

Shorts are at a yearly high. I don’t really understand what’s going on. Do they know something we don’t, some kind of epic incoming FUD about to break?

There’s a massive whale on Bitfinex who keeps adding to his shorts.

$25,000 incoming or a massive short squeeze?

I've been following the actions of this whale for several years. He is a legend, making $100-200mil by leverage trading on BFX and other derivate exchanges. Since he is well known to the owners of exchanges, he can't openly manipulate the market. My observations show that he is working alone and he is a fair player. In that sense his shorts can't harm the price. Also, he was not always right. It's just that his successful trades are more important than the unsuccessful ones. For example, after 12 March 2020, when the price recovered to 6K, he was confident there will be a pull back to 3K. He failed miserably then, losing a big portion of his wealth. After that, he announced he is retiring. But clearly, he changed his mind recently, when he saw the 12+ consecutive red hours, repeating each Friday. He closed his shorts just before the price fell to 28K last week, fearing a strong rebound. He was right. Now he thinks the price will fall to 30K and is waiting with $800m+ shorts. I don't know what is the leverage, but by a pure speculation it is between 5x and 20x, probably 10x. I've noticed that he added his short positions after the price fell to 33K area yesterday, which clearly shows he is not involved in the regular dumps. Moreover, even if he dumps on BFX, it won't affect the price on the other exchanges. Nowadays Binance is forming the price and the huge volume there makes it harder for a single whale to manipulate the price. But there are other futures exchanges, so this is a valid possibility, of course. Especially, if we have a group of whales making coordinated dumps simultaneously on several exchanges.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 05:56:58 AM

So I saw this image and it hit me hard and really wanted to share with you guys

Source: Bitcoin.all

But I am little bit confused which dip she might be talking about? Grin.The cheese garlic one or the real one  Wink

That's the million dollar question...

how much dip is enough dip, and what should be my plan to deal with such seemingly ongoing (and never-ending) dippenings?
We need to have these dips turned into opportunity if we have trust on Bitcoin and invest another extra portion of savings into Bitcoin on these dips and stay calm.Although the funny and pressure part is that it keeps on dipping afterwards but we need to realise that it will go up as soon as Retail and institutional support is forwarded to the market which maybe soon in say next 1-2 month.Till then we need to relax say stay away from regular market reactions and FOMO which will help us to not worry much if we have already invested to our full extent into Bitcoin.We need to think that it's not the beginning of the end of the market but the end of bearish trend and beginning of bull run soon.It will not keep dipping to some serious levels and will eventually rise and we need to wait until that point is achieved.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 06:01:35 AM

Explanation
modrobert

Activity: 385
Merit: 333

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 06:11:09 AM

The BTC/USD rate seems to be in la-la land. I was expecting weird things down the road as the USD money printer goes "brrr", but it's too soon; are we already at "1 BTC is 1 BTC" fallback because any other price metric is bonkers?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 07:01:25 AM

Explanation
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 07:58:53 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

For example, after 12 March 2020, when the price recovered to 6K, he was confident there will be a pull back to 3K. He failed miserably then, losing a big portion of his wealth. After that, he announced he is retiring.

I've fucked this guy last year and I'll fuck him again.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 08:01:25 AM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 12840

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 08:25:17 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

For example, after 12 March 2020, when the price recovered to 6K, he was confident there will be a pull back to 3K. He failed miserably then, losing a big portion of his wealth. After that, he announced he is retiring.

Whale alert 🚨 🐳  Cool Cool Cool
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2104
Merit: 1237

Never selling

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 08:29:54 AM

Please do.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 09:01:33 AM

Explanation
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 09:13:31 AM

Seems like this time they smarter and will break 30k slowly. This is worse than a hard dump.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2104
Merit: 1237

Never selling

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 09:16:42 AM

Seems like this time they smarter and will break 30k slowly. This is worse than a hard dump.

At least the order book is still pretty strong, I thought the last drop would have cleared it out far more.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 10:01:26 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 11:01:26 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 28864 28865 28866 28867 28868 28869 28870 28871 28872 28873 28874 28875 28876 28877 28878 28879 28880 28881 28882 28883 28884 28885 28886 28887 28888 28889 28890 28891 28892 28893 28894 28895 28896 28897 28898 28899 28900 28901 28902 28903 28904 28905 28906 28907 28908 28909 28910 28911 28912 28913 [28914] 28915 28916 28917 28918 28919 28920 28921 28922 28923 28924 28925 28926 28927 28928 28929 28930 28931 28932 28933 28934 28935 28936 28937 28938 28939 28940 28941 28942 28943 28944 28945 28946 28947 28948 28949 28950 28951 28952 28953 28954 28955 28956 28957 28958 28959 28960 28961 28962 28963 28964 ... 33723 »
  Print  

Jump to: