Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 11:26:19 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will BTC get back above $70K:
7/14 - 0 (0%)
7/21 - 1 (1.6%)
7/28 - 10 (15.9%)
8/4 - 13 (20.6%)
8/11 - 6 (9.5%)
8/18 - 3 (4.8%)
8/25 - 2 (3.2%)
After August - 28 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: « 1 ... 33533 33534 33535 33536 33537 33538 33539 33540 33541 33542 33543 33544 33545 33546 33547 33548 33549 33550 33551 33552 33553 33554 33555 33556 33557 33558 33559 33560 33561 33562 33563 33564 33565 33566 33567 33568 33569 33570 33571 33572 33573 33574 33575 33576 33577 33578 33579 33580 33581 33582 [33583] 33584 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26424889 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Gachapin
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 2000

bitcoin retard

View Profile
Today at 02:36:17 PM

almost 69k. pretty nice I would say.

as for 3 million in 2045 thats about 20 or 30 cents to a dollar so maybe 600k to 900k todays money.

if we are at 13 million in 2045 thats about 15 to 20 cents so maybe 1.92 million. to 2.6 million todays money.

at my age of 67 today i would like that now.

as for 49 million even if a dollar is a dime that is 4.9 million now.

I would like that bigly.

true!

on a side note, fighting 69k Vegeta again

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1781

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
Today at 03:01:16 PM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 3737

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
Today at 03:37:27 PM

But two or three million was doable even more.

well just gotta keep buddy fed with Dagwood sandwiches and such. i hear buddy is a pretty forgiving bot.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 04:01:15 PM

Explanation
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 4413

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
Today at 04:15:19 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1), xhomerx10 (1)

Have been reading about the bloody Intel's 13th/14th-generation CPU degradation/instability fiasco. Had a crash (my first ever) when installing NVIDIA drivers a couple of months ago. According to reports, this is an indication of permanent degradation/damage that no microcode/BIOS update can completely reverse.

I just knew it was wrong when I chose Intel over AMD back in late '22. Now I'm paying for it.

Never again. Intel is done for me.

Good thing we are pumping though, and that's what counts. A powerful PC is easy to build when you're a coiner.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 05:01:14 PM

Explanation
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 4413

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
Today at 05:50:52 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Here's another gem by Michael Saylor:

Michael Saylor — 21 Rules of Bitcoin (BTC Prague 2024 Keynote)

I'm half-way through, and it's hopium2.

Currently at Rule #9: "Only buy Bitcoin with the money you can't afford to lose." Cheesy

Enjoy!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 06:01:17 PM

Explanation
Hazink

Activity: 178
Merit: 112

View Profile
Today at 06:31:39 PM

buddy may drag us pass 68k on sunday. It would be nice.

It is done.
And now it have added extra $200 to the $68k requested, I’m sure we can likely see $69k before the new week runs out..

Oh?  It is going to take that long?
And yes, it actually took that long to see $69k, just as predicted. I have to wait till I see it at $69k before I reply to this quote, as I was certain we would see it at $69k, which also did happen. What I did not just know was . When  
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 10546

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
Today at 06:39:07 PM

Yeah, sure $100k, comes before $500k, $1 million and even $20 million, but there is nothing wrong with considering and talking about those BIGger numbers

Part of the reason that we want to think about and talk about BIGger numbers is so that current BTC holders do not end up having too many regrets about selling too many coins too soon because they had failed/refused to have a BIG enough imagination and therefore they ended up failing/refusing to think BIG enough.
Correct, but also LOT of BTC Holders (newbies or not) are also very 'greedy' for the expectation of the top cycle and forget to sell too...

There is not necessarily any need to sell, and whether you start to include selling in your BTC portfolio management strategy might relate to how early you are in your bitcoin investment journey... If you are fairly early then there might not be any need to sell for one or two cycles.. even though you are promoting selling to buy back lower, which may not be a good idea.  Surely one you have accumulated enough or more than enough BTC, then surely you can implement both price based and time based selling strategies...  ..

And so my point is that selling is not necessarily a strategy for newbies, and there are a lot of no coiners and low coiners in the world, since probably less than 1% of the world's population has any bitcoin, so those guys cannot be selling.. since they have to get a stake prior to selling.

Yeah, you have been registered on the forum since 2016, so presumptively you have had enough time to accumulate BTC, even though I question whether your fucking around with trading is making you any better off than if you had just employed a more straight forward accumulation approach.. .. but hey those are individual choices, and you can compare your own results over the last 8-ish years to figure out if your approach has been a good one and/or if it is a good one to continue as compared to a more pure accumulation and HODL approach.

Probably it was stupid to not sell in late 2017 when we hit almost 20K with this big run since early 2016, after the long 2015 side way between 200/250$ (so almost x100), to reaccumulate more later.

Yeah but how are you going to know?  And a lot of guys who accumulated BTC during that time still ended up doing quite well through having a consistent BTC accumulating strategy. 

You seem to be implying that your fucking around with buying and selling has allowed you to do better than a pure accumulation and holding strategy?

For example, if you had started buying $200 per week worth of bitcoin at the beginning of 2016 until present, you would have had invested nearly $90k, yet you would have 30.3222 BTC (spot price valued currently at right around $2 million)... so right around 23x in returns.  Surely that is not a bad place to be, and are you saying that you got better than 23x returns in the last 8-ish years? 

With bitcoin, historically there has tended to be no need to be fucking around with trading and then ending up selling at the wrong time and waiting too much and then failing to buy because you are hoping for lower prices, which probably fucks up a lot of your cashflow management and psychology too.. and even turns you into a downity cheerleader for such a great asset like bitcoin.

At the opposite, in 2021, lot had also big expectations but finally a double top at 'only' x3.5 of the previous ATH of 2017..So most of holders probably failed the some cash-out/ to arbitrate of the previous cycle, because was a bit a disapointed bullrun.

You surely seem to believe that selling is the solution, yet I question if you have been able to outperform a more strict DCA approach to BTC over the last 8 years with your supposed smarter than everyone else suggestions.

Nobody can know what will happen this cycle.. A small +/- 100K ? 150? 250? more?

We can still plan what to do mostly based on our own financial situation in terms of figuring out if we have enough BTC or not... .. Sure, if we have enough then we can consider price based and/or time based selling strategies.  If we don't have enough then we have to figure out how to keep accumulating, and I question selling as an accumulation strategy.  If we are in between having enough and not then we might figure out ways to buy the dip or to strategize with our buys or just HODL through this cycle, depending on our timeline for when we might start to implement price-based and/or time based BTC selling strategies.. but yeah, I am not much of a fan for selling in order to buy back cheaper, unless you already feel that you have enough or more than enough BTC..  But hey whatever, you do you, and maybe your BTC portfolio performance might end up beating a pure DCA and HODL strategy.. perhaps? perhaps?

You just have to organize with which level you feel confortable with, and how many % of your net wealth / portfolio you want to keep in BTC. Then the decisions are more easy to take, and with 'less' regret.

Yes.. sure, but the devil remains in the details.  You seem to believe that you are going to be able to somewhat predict the price and any BTC sales that you do will allow you to at least buy back those same BTC and perhaps even more when (or if) the BTC price drops...and you also seem to be suggesting that your selling and/or waiting techniques are not interfering with your abilities to be sufficiently bullish and/or aggressive in your BTC accumulation.. and I have my doubts about how well traders/gamblers are able to accomplish those kinds of practices to sufficiently/adequately stack up on coins rather than wasting a lot of time fucking around and strategizing.. but yeah, if that floats your boat, then no problem, even though it might not be a good practice for regular people.. and in fact trading is not really good for about 90% (or more) of the folks who try it.. especially with something like bitcoin.

buddy may drag us pass 68k on sunday. It would be nice.

It is done.
And now it have added extra $200 to the $68k requested, I’m sure we can likely see $69k before the new week runs out..

Oh?  It is going to take that long?
And yes, it actually took that long to see $69k, just as predicted. I have to wait till I see it at $69k before I reply to this quote, as I was certain we would see it at $69k, which also did happen. What I did not just know was . When  

That is part of the point.  We can never really know both the price and the time.. since we can likely say one without the other, but it can be difficult to say both... Of course, time chugs along at a certain pace, but yeah, any of our projections of where bitcoin prices will be at any point in the timeline can be a bit arbitrary to try to place it with precision... of course, using price ranges (rather than exact prices) can help, but might not completely solve the problem since if we want to try to be somewhat accurate, the price range might end up needing to become broader and broader the further out in time we go.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2668

View Profile
Today at 06:42:47 PM

When I look for Trump at Nashville on YouTube, this literally came up as second result.

A fake livestream, but I presume a hacked account or something that was built up with 1 million subs (but all videos are gone) and then
wham: now we are scamming.

Fake AI Musk promising to double your crypto. Send him 1 Bitcoin and he will double it he says. Only he won't because that
is not Elon Musk, it is an AI voice with a bad looping video.

I'm astonished cunt companies such as CuntTube and Cuntbook/MetaCunt allow scams so easily.
Why allow name changing AT ALL?! Vet these accounts better!

With CuntBook/MetaCunt Mark ZuckerCunt allows new Cunt scammers to use their ad platform almost immediately.
No validation, you can call your page what you want. No reserved words, nothing.
100 ikes? That's fine, here are the keys to our ad platform and you can mislead people however you want.

Absolute cunt morons in charge of these companies and I'm sure many people are falling victim to these scams.
But don't you dare upload a video to YouTube with ten seconds of a Prince song as it will disappear immediately / get copyright struck
and you will end up in YouTube jail.

In the past I have reported these assholes, but nothing happens for ages.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 4140

View Profile
Today at 06:50:53 PM

Bitcoin is 'hanging around' 69...maybe because it is a 2021 year high?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 07:01:14 PM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 3223

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
Today at 07:03:36 PM

Bitcoin is 'hanging around' 69...maybe because it is a 2021 year high?

Same thought.
And it's not the first time either.

Greyhats

Activity: 216
Merit: 139

View Profile
Today at 07:09:23 PM

You are exactly right about 5 years before citizenship (plus a language test).
That said, the site says that you need to be in Portugal only 14 days every 2 years.
Basically, a one week vacation per year.

It's two different things.
I never heard anyone spending only 2 weeks every 2 years in Portugal and got the PT passeport. This is the minimum requirement for obtain/maintain the golden visa. It's not related to CITIZENSHIP.

To apply for citizenship, you have to be at least 5 years tax resident in Portugal and as a main residency. And OFC, you cannot qualify as tax resident there if you spend 1 week or even 2 months per year there.

If you buy a property, rent it out you get the tax history.

edit:you can also use the Portugal’s Non-Habitual Residence (NHR) Program

NOT  correct.
You mix different things.

If you buy a property by the golden visa or without, even if you rent it, It doesn't make up tax resident of PT. You have to pay tax on the rental investment you have yes (like in most countries, tax for real estate are based where the flat/house is located, not depending where you are tax resident). Also you can get many TIN numbers in many different countries, it DOESNT make you automatically tax resident there. You have to respect other criteria for that.

AND if you buy your house there (by investment) and just rent it, it's mean you just 'loose' the proof you have a permanent house in PT as i wouldn'be available for you at anytime (if rented). So your home country (or another ones if you have some/too many ties) can challenge you, and above the time spent there per year, according most of the DTTs, they look if you have permanent home available.

GOLDEN VISA / Tax residency and citizenship are 3 different things.

Moreover NHR statut is finished now. You cannot arrive now there and apply for it. People who has already the NHR are still granted for 10 years.

BUT you dont need NHR to get tax incentive of crypto capital gains. This is apply for ANY normal tax resident in Portugal, same way.

(PS : i am under NHR actually).

I dont mix two different things, you can buy a property and rent it out for 6 months, and then live it in the other 6 months to satisfy the residency of 6months in a year. Under permancy laws in the EU this counts as your permanent residence even if you rent it out, there is bylaws in place to handle situations where you might renting a room or a couple of rooms in your primary residence. It is a little in grey, but working with good lawyer and accountant will keep it above board, there is a bunch of rules you have to follow.

i didn't mention citizenship at all in my post so not sure why your bringing that up, you can be resident in any EU country but its not necessary to be a citizen of the country. Under the NHR your still not a citizen, i also thought the backdoor was still open to NHR through the digital nomad visa. I might be wrong though, fair play to being in this programs its definitely one the better ones in EU. Smiley

Once again you mix different things. First you starting to talk about rent the house/flat you buy, then you talk about sublet just 1 room sometimes. Irrelevant.

If you put of the market your house, 1-2-6 months, it's the same, it is NOT a permanent house because it's not as your disposal at ANY time. You have to read more carefully most of the DTTs. The first criteria is not the 183days+ a year. If there is a challenge between 2 countries to determinate where is your MAIN residency (tax), the FIRST criteria is your permanent home. THEN, if you have properly at disposal, ANYTIME permanent home in both place, the second criteria is where is your center of interest (wife/kids..) and where you generate mostly your income. It's only on the 3RD layer we talk about where is your 'usual' place you spend more time. If they cannot determinate 1st / 2nd / 3th layer, then its about your citizenship. If still not, both country have  to make a deal together.

PS : I talked about citizenship and the way to get it in PT, because it was the topic with another OP before you reply in that post.

You clearly just want ann internet argument, honestly I’m not too bothered with it. If you don’t understand what I wrote that’s fine but mudslingers are assholes usually. If you want to have proper adult conversation I’m open to that. Without reavealing too much due to opsec, I’m not just reading things on the internet.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2231

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
Today at 07:14:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/live/P1n7XipTCck?si=hJHXDfqHUXf4TcLK

Soon

gallianooo

Activity: 707
Merit: 375

View Profile
Today at 07:22:10 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

You clearly just want ann internet argument, honestly I’m not too bothered with it. If you don’t understand what I wrote that’s fine but mudslingers are assholes usually. If you want to have proper adult conversation I’m open to that. Without reavealing too much due to opsec, I’m not just reading things on the internet.

I don't want to argue, but you have mixed up many things and provided incorrect information.

I am probably one of the most knowledgeable people on this subject here. After that, you do what you want; I was simply saying this to help you avoid increasing your chances/percentage of being in a bad situation regarding tax residency. Take care.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 07:29:23 PM

85K in one hour  Cheesy
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 07:41:31 PM

People dumping now must be off their fucking heads
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 3223

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
Today at 07:48:08 PM

85K in one hour  Cheesy

Yeah, but which one hour?  Grin Grin Grin Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 33533 33534 33535 33536 33537 33538 33539 33540 33541 33542 33543 33544 33545 33546 33547 33548 33549 33550 33551 33552 33553 33554 33555 33556 33557 33558 33559 33560 33561 33562 33563 33564 33565 33566 33567 33568 33569 33570 33571 33572 33573 33574 33575 33576 33577 33578 33579 33580 33581 33582 [33583] 33584 »
  Print  

Jump to: