Bitcoin Forum
October 04, 2026, 04:42:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the "bear market" over?
Yes - 42 (40%)
No - we need to sweep the low again - 23 (21.9%)
No - we need to set a new low first - 25 (23.8%)
No - other (explain below) - 15 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 ... 36091 36092 36093 36094 36095 36096 36097 36098 36099 36100 36101 36102 36103 36104 36105 36106 36107 36108 36109 36110 36111 36112 36113 36114 36115 36116 36117 36118 36119 36120 36121 36122 36123 36124 36125 36126 36127 36128 36129 36130 36131 36132 36133 36134 36135 36136 36137 36138 36139 36140 [36141] 36142 36143 36144 36145 36146 36147 36148 36149 36150 36151 36152 36153 36154 36155 36156 36157 36158 36159 36160 36161 36162 36163 36164 36165 36166 36167 36168 36169 36170 36171 36172 36173 36174 36175 36176 36177 36178 36179 36180 36181 36182 36183 36184 36185 36186 36187 36188 36189 36190 36191 ... 36202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 27059993 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 12, 2026, 06:01:10 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 12, 2026, 07:01:09 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Biodom
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4634
Merit: 6623



View Profile
September 12, 2026, 07:30:08 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2026, 07:42:36 PM by Biodom

OT: I just checked Ebay and used MSI 1080 Ti cards are selling for $199, still.

That card was for sale in March 2017...more than 9 years ago...crazy.
I guess, not many people can afford much newer cards.
As Jensen was saying...GPUs are a valuable commodity.

...if I bought $1200-1300 (if memory serves right) of NVDA stock instead of a couple cards (and not sell), it would be worth about $116K (EDIT: If I bought btc instead of cards on the sales day, it would have been roughly 1 btc, so a $77K value, slightly less than NVDA, but quite close).

That said, I did some "productive" activities with those cards, so no regrets (or "ragrets", haha https://www.instagram.com/reel/DAEt5gURhhl/).
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 12, 2026, 08:01:09 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Krubster
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 440
Merit: 1361



View Profile
September 12, 2026, 08:06:03 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2026, 09:05:16 PM by Krubster
Merited by OgNasty (1)

Gentlemen, it's been a minute.

Today marks a historical day for my LN node -- it just routed its 1000th btc.

The node has been online for nearly 4 years.

I’m not a fan of the lightning network but this quite an accomplishment. Any idea how much in fees your node has netted during that time period?

I do think people should consider the current Liquid Network issues as a warning of what will happen to the Lightning Network someday. LBTC is not BTC.

The first two years were very slow, profit wise. I think the APY wasn't more than 0.25% by then. After that, profits increased quite a bit. Now I'm at about 1% APY.

The traffic comes and goes. the last couple of months have been quite slow. I hope it will increase soon, along with the inevitable bull run.
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 5614
Merit: 6586


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile WWW
September 12, 2026, 08:58:41 PM
Merited by Krubster (1)

Gentlemen, it's been a minute.

Today marks a historical day for my LN node -- it just routed its 1000th btc.

The node has been online for nearly 4 years.

I’m not a fan of the lightning network but this quite an accomplishment. Any idea how much in fees your node has netted during that time period?

I do think people should consider the current Liquid Network issues as a warning of what will happen to the Lightning Network someday. LBTC is not BTC.

The first two years were very slow, profit wise. I think the APY wasn't more than 0.25% by then. After that, profits increased quite a bit. Now I'm at about 1% APY. Since the beginning, I've made more than ___ in profit.

The traffic comes and goes. the last couple of months have been quite slow. I hope it will increase soon, along with the inevitable bull run.

Very cool. That is much better than I was expecting actually and in line with what other entities are paying on BTC. Thanks for reporting back. You can remove the number and just leave a %. *wink*

First there was Donald Ducks. Now we have American Ham. I love it. Lol
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 12, 2026, 09:01:09 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Hueristic
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4690
Merit: 7799


Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it


View Profile
September 12, 2026, 09:53:49 PM

3. Blockstream refuses ransom for remaining 600 BTC from Liquid exploit
URL: https://www.theblock.co/news/ecosystems/2026-09-11-return-the-bitcoin-blockstream-refuses-ransom-demand-for-remaining-600-btc-from-liquid-exploit-414247
Published: 2026-09-11
Summary: Blockstream stated it will not pay a ransom to recover the remaining 598.5 BTC stolen during the recent Liquid Network exploit. The attacker previously returned approximately 3,400 BTC after Blockstream patched the vulnerability in the Elements software, but retained the final tranche of funds. The exploit involved the creation of unbacked LBTC, which was converted to BTC through a standard peg-out process using a compromised authorization key. Blockstream characterized the withholding of assets as theft rather than responsible disclosure and warned that it would work with law enforcement to trace the stolen bitcoin. Liquid Network transactions have resumed, but peg-outs remain disabled while the company works to restore the BTC/LBTC reserve.

I'm stunned, wonder whats going to happen the next time they fuck up again.

Did Blockstream invent token "post-mining" to fund operations? The coldcard playbook may be too tempting

I have no clue but they are being complete morons and this is going to cost them big in the future.
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 12, 2026, 10:01:09 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 12, 2026, 11:01:10 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 13, 2026, 12:01:09 AM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 13, 2026, 01:01:10 AM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 13, 2026, 02:01:10 AM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Biodom
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4634
Merit: 6623



View Profile
September 13, 2026, 02:07:49 AM

No more buddy-blocking from the Clawblaw?
Outhue
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1708
Merit: 704



View Profile WWW
September 13, 2026, 02:17:16 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

The cost of iPhone in $BTC:
2016: 1.23 Bitcoin
2026: 0.01 Bitcoin
As Kenneth Fisher said Time in the market beats timing the market and that's the perfect example.

I remember I bought a used iPad mini for Bitcoin at one point in time.  I needed it as a controller for my drone.  I think I paid somewhere around 2 BTC for it.  Not at all my worst BTC trading story, but the only one I have involving Apple products.

I will say that I am on board with the fold (duo) and really like some of the use cases they displayed.  Will be ordering when I wake up on pre-order day but I won't be using Bitcoin (brought to you by Stake, brought to you by Stake, brought to you by Stake).



This is where I don't want to find myself, using Bitcoin to buy something and later be regretting it, I do use Bitcoin for cross border payments but that amount spent is going to come back, because my mind won't be at rest until I raised the money back, like when I bought an expensive PC from Newegg months ago, many people said I made the wrong choice but I've already raised the money back and bought good amount of Bitcoin, I was able to get more Satoshi this time because I bought the PC when BTC price was high and I raised the money back in the bear market, I ended up with some extra Sats.

It's the same feelings I get when I gamble on a casino using Bitcoin, I hate that idea so much because I don't want to waste any amount of Bitcoin for any reasons sake, it's like this weird feeling of throwing something valuable away.
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 13, 2026, 03:01:10 AM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 13, 2026, 04:01:12 AM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 13, 2026, 05:01:10 AM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
BobLawblaw
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2112
Merit: 6402


Your Favorite Gay Negro from Outer Space


View Profile
September 13, 2026, 05:10:14 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (21), vapourminer (1), xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1), Lucius (1), AlcoHoDL (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Was hoping to release this tonight, but recognized I had some issues to resolve after pointing it at my local Umbrel box.

Anyway, I recognized the two bitcoin stat sites I visit the most are mempool for blockchain info, and bitcoinity.org for my charts.

So I decided to take those two sites, and wrap them into a all-in-one dashboard app for seeing all my node stats in realtime.

Gunna release it under an Apache 2.0 license on Monday for Linux and Mac at the very least (I imagine Windows should work as well)

I gotta catch up on sleep. What a crazy last few days.



ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
September 13, 2026, 06:01:10 AM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Pages: « 1 ... 36091 36092 36093 36094 36095 36096 36097 36098 36099 36100 36101 36102 36103 36104 36105 36106 36107 36108 36109 36110 36111 36112 36113 36114 36115 36116 36117 36118 36119 36120 36121 36122 36123 36124 36125 36126 36127 36128 36129 36130 36131 36132 36133 36134 36135 36136 36137 36138 36139 36140 [36141] 36142 36143 36144 36145 36146 36147 36148 36149 36150 36151 36152 36153 36154 36155 36156 36157 36158 36159 36160 36161 36162 36163 36164 36165 36166 36167 36168 36169 36170 36171 36172 36173 36174 36175 36176 36177 36178 36179 36180 36181 36182 36183 36184 36185 36186 36187 36188 36189 36190 36191 ... 36202 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!