ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 06:01:10 PM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 07:01:09 PM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 4634
Merit: 6623
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 07:30:08 PM Last edit: September 12, 2026, 07:42:36 PM by Biodom |
|
OT: I just checked Ebay and used MSI 1080 Ti cards are selling for $199, still. That card was for sale in March 2017...more than 9 years ago...crazy. I guess, not many people can afford much newer cards. As Jensen was saying...GPUs are a valuable commodity. ...if I bought $1200-1300 (if memory serves right) of NVDA stock instead of a couple cards (and not sell), it would be worth about $116K (EDIT: If I bought btc instead of cards on the sales day, it would have been roughly 1 btc, so a $77K value, slightly less than NVDA, but quite close). That said, I did some "productive" activities with those cards, so no regrets (or "ragrets", haha https://www.instagram.com/reel/DAEt5gURhhl/).
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 08:01:09 PM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
|
Krubster
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 08:06:03 PM Last edit: September 12, 2026, 09:05:16 PM by Krubster |
|
Gentlemen, it's been a minute.
Today marks a historical day for my LN node -- it just routed its 1000th btc.
The node has been online for nearly 4 years.
I’m not a fan of the lightning network but this quite an accomplishment. Any idea how much in fees your node has netted during that time period? I do think people should consider the current Liquid Network issues as a warning of what will happen to the Lightning Network someday. LBTC is not BTC. The first two years were very slow, profit wise. I think the APY wasn't more than 0.25% by then. After that, profits increased quite a bit. Now I'm at about 1% APY. The traffic comes and goes. the last couple of months have been quite slow. I hope it will increase soon, along with the inevitable bull run.
|
|
|
|
|
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 5614
Merit: 6586
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 08:58:41 PM |
|
Gentlemen, it's been a minute.
Today marks a historical day for my LN node -- it just routed its 1000th btc.
The node has been online for nearly 4 years.
I’m not a fan of the lightning network but this quite an accomplishment. Any idea how much in fees your node has netted during that time period? I do think people should consider the current Liquid Network issues as a warning of what will happen to the Lightning Network someday. LBTC is not BTC. The first two years were very slow, profit wise. I think the APY wasn't more than 0.25% by then. After that, profits increased quite a bit. Now I'm at about 1% APY. Since the beginning, I've made more than ___ in profit. The traffic comes and goes. the last couple of months have been quite slow. I hope it will increase soon, along with the inevitable bull run. Very cool. That is much better than I was expecting actually and in line with what other entities are paying on BTC. Thanks for reporting back. You can remove the number and just leave a %. *wink* First there was Donald Ducks. Now we have American Ham. I love it. Lol
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 09:01:09 PM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 4690
Merit: 7799
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 09:53:49 PM |
|
3. Blockstream refuses ransom for remaining 600 BTC from Liquid exploitURL: https://www.theblock.co/news/ecosystems/2026-09-11-return-the-bitcoin-blockstream-refuses-ransom-demand-for-remaining-600-btc-from-liquid-exploit-414247Published: 2026-09-11Summary: Blockstream stated it will not pay a ransom to recover the remaining 598.5 BTC stolen during the recent Liquid Network exploit. The attacker previously returned approximately 3,400 BTC after Blockstream patched the vulnerability in the Elements software, but retained the final tranche of funds. The exploit involved the creation of unbacked LBTC, which was converted to BTC through a standard peg-out process using a compromised authorization key. Blockstream characterized the withholding of assets as theft rather than responsible disclosure and warned that it would work with law enforcement to trace the stolen bitcoin. Liquid Network transactions have resumed, but peg-outs remain disabled while the company works to restore the BTC/LBTC reserve. I'm stunned, wonder whats going to happen the next time they fuck up again. Did Blockstream invent token "post-mining" to fund operations? The coldcard playbook may be too tempting I have no clue but they are being complete morons and this is going to cost them big in the future.
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 10:01:09 PM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 12, 2026, 11:01:10 PM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 12:01:09 AM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 01:01:10 AM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 02:01:10 AM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 4634
Merit: 6623
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 02:07:49 AM |
|
No more buddy-blocking from the Clawblaw?
|
|
|
|
|
|
Outhue
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 02:17:16 AM Merited by vapourminer (1) |
|
The cost of iPhone in $BTC: 2016: 1.23 Bitcoin 2026: 0.01 Bitcoin
As Kenneth Fisher said Time in the market beats timing the market and that's the perfect example. I remember I bought a used iPad mini for Bitcoin at one point in time. I needed it as a controller for my drone. I think I paid somewhere around 2 BTC for it. Not at all my worst BTC trading story, but the only one I have involving Apple products. I will say that I am on board with the fold (duo) and really like some of the use cases they displayed. Will be ordering when I wake up on pre-order day but I won't be using Bitcoin (brought to you by Stake, brought to you by Stake, brought to you by Stake).  This is where I don't want to find myself, using Bitcoin to buy something and later be regretting it, I do use Bitcoin for cross border payments but that amount spent is going to come back, because my mind won't be at rest until I raised the money back, like when I bought an expensive PC from Newegg months ago, many people said I made the wrong choice but I've already raised the money back and bought good amount of Bitcoin, I was able to get more Satoshi this time because I bought the PC when BTC price was high and I raised the money back in the bear market, I ended up with some extra Sats. It's the same feelings I get when I gamble on a casino using Bitcoin, I hate that idea so much because I don't want to waste any amount of Bitcoin for any reasons sake, it's like this weird feeling of throwing something valuable away.
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 03:01:10 AM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 04:01:12 AM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 05:01:10 AM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 2112
Merit: 6402
Your Favorite Gay Negro from Outer Space
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 05:10:14 AM |
|
Was hoping to release this tonight, but recognized I had some issues to resolve after pointing it at my local Umbrel box. Anyway, I recognized the two bitcoin stat sites I visit the most are mempool for blockchain info, and bitcoinity.org for my charts. So I decided to take those two sites, and wrap them into a all-in-one dashboard app for seeing all my node stats in realtime. Gunna release it under an Apache 2.0 license on Monday for Linux and Mac at the very least (I imagine Windows should work as well) I gotta catch up on sleep. What a crazy last few days.  
|
|
|
|
|
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
|
 |
September 13, 2026, 06:01:10 AM |
|
 ExplanationChartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
|
|
|
|
|
|