Bitcoin Forum
October 05, 2026, 07:08:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the "bear market" over?
Yes - 42 (40%)
No - we need to sweep the low again - 23 (21.9%)
No - we need to set a new low first - 25 (23.8%)
No - other (explain below) - 15 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 ... 36152 36153 36154 36155 36156 36157 36158 36159 36160 36161 36162 36163 36164 36165 36166 36167 36168 36169 36170 36171 36172 36173 36174 36175 36176 36177 36178 36179 36180 36181 36182 36183 36184 36185 36186 36187 36188 36189 36190 36191 36192 36193 36194 36195 36196 36197 36198 36199 36200 36201 [36202] 36203 36204 36205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 27060620 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
LFC_Bitcoin
Diamond Hands
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4410
Merit: 13364



View Profile
October 04, 2026, 12:53:30 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), xhomerx10 (1)

@saylor
More orange than ever.

https://x.com/saylor/status/2106721794761879957


I’m going to guess this was a bigger buy than he has been doing in recent months.
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 01:02:06 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 02:02:06 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
fillippone
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 3038
Merit: 21583


Duelbits.com - Rewarding, beyond limits.


View Profile WWW
October 04, 2026, 02:25:20 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (3)

@saylor
More orange than ever.

https://x.com/saylor/status/2106721794761879957


I’m going to guess this was a bigger buy than he has been doing in recent months.

I think he’s referring to the ATH in Bitcoin holding Strategy touched last week.
More buying this last week, more ATH in Strategy Stash, hopefully reversion in the Satoshi per share measure.
xhomerx10
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4718
Merit: 11859



View Profile
October 04, 2026, 02:47:07 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (21), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1)


I can only read the beginning. I think we oldtimers are not in the same position she is in obviously, but I was OK with it, until I read she was counting on BTC to retire in a couple of years and had started buying at 104K.

Yeah, lady, that will probably not happen. Also, "never selling" and "living off BTC in a couple of years" isn't really compatible.


 I mean... what other options are there that might allow her to retire in a couple of years?  Leveraged buys would be crazy, stock market is overdue for a correction and long term bonds are taking a beating. If she has been buying an equal amount with regular weekly paycheques from $104k, she is currently still buying the dip but is already up a few percentages overall.   She's not crazy just highly motivated and she'll do well - mathematics and absolute scarcity for the win!
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 03:02:06 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
OutOfMemory
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5487


Man who stares at charts (and stars, too...)


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 03:14:54 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1)


I can only read the beginning. I think we oldtimers are not in the same position she is in obviously, but I was OK with it, until I read she was counting on BTC to retire in a couple of years and had started buying at 104K.

Yeah, lady, that will probably not happen. Also, "never selling" and "living off BTC in a couple of years" isn't really compatible.


 I mean... what other options are there that might allow her to retire in a couple of years?  Leveraged buys would be crazy, stock market is overdue for a correction and long term bonds are taking a beating. If she has been buying an equal amount with regular weekly paycheques from $104k, she is currently still buying the dip but is already up a few percentages overall.   She's not crazy just highly motivated and she'll do well - mathematics and absolute scarcity for the win!

Some people i know and come to talk to once in a while are happy with their Trade Republic gains (mostly ETF and interest for cash held on their accounts) and some even try to impress me, which makes me chuckle inside. They still consider BTC a scam or ponzi and think i'm poor and too dumb to start getting into trading.
I can't help myself but this feels so good, every time  Cool
xhomerx10
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4718
Merit: 11859



View Profile
October 04, 2026, 03:38:34 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2026, 03:55:17 PM by xhomerx10
Merited by philipma1957 (1), JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Because you gentlemen asked so nicely, I put a limit sell order when I was seeing ~US$85,220 but in CAD and slightly higher not only to get the maker rate but also because I like round numbers.  Being Sunday and because it's is a CAD book, volume is pretty low so I expected to wait a while.  It still only took about 10 minutes for the exchange to chew through my wall.  Seems bullish; no doubt we will experience some Uptober vibes.

 Damn it!  This money is burning a whole in my pocket now... time to turn it into a depreciating asset to amplify the regret  Wink

ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 04:02:07 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
WatChe
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1073



View Profile WWW
October 04, 2026, 04:02:50 PM

2017
All of us remember it
History will rhyme

I remember in Dec 2017 price of Bitcoin went high to 19k, which was its new ATH of that time. Year after in Dec 2018, price of Bitcoin was around 3.5k bearish period continued for next few years.

On Oct 10, 2025 price of Bitcoin was at ATH of 125k and year after we are at 85k. If history is repeating pattern of 2017 then we will see long bearish period starting from Oct 2025.    
d_eddie
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3374
Merit: 5841



View Profile
October 04, 2026, 04:05:46 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1), xhomerx10 (1), Hueristic (1), AlcoHoDL (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Because you gentlemen asked so nicely, I put a limit sell order
--snip--
 Damn it!  This money is burning a whole in my pocket now... time to turn it into a depreciating asset to amplify the regret  Wink


Sold just a little
Traded hard money for mush
Took one for the team





#haiku
cAPSLOCK
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4522
Merit: 8272


Balakay2b edition!


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 04:21:02 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1), OutOfMemory (1)

I just feel it in my bones. You could make an argument that this beach ball was held underwater for five years.

Haven't you been saying these kinds of things for a while?

Maybe you should keep your sanity and verify with the fairy.  You don't want to get this wrong?  or do you?

I do admit to really only saying one thing over and over.

I would say the old saw about broken clocks being right now and then.

As to the fairy, I'm afraid she's caught whatever it is I have.

AlcoHoDL
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3248
Merit: 7708


Addicted to HoDLing!


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 05:01:34 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), cAPSLOCK (2), OutOfMemory (2), xhomerx10 (1)

Pumps, dumps, ups and downs,
Canceling each other out,
Building foundations.

I see tumbleweeds.
Only one thing can clear them.
A new ATH!

It's designed to rhyme.
Two hundred ten thousand blocks.
Four years, give or take.

It's all in the code.
Some see it, some choose not to.
Those who do, get rich!

Divide, then right-shift.
If you still cannot see it,
Learn some C++!

Poetic weirdness.
Recording, then transcribing.
Trees, flowers, heaven!

A slight departure.
Take a deep breath, and relax.
Let Bitcoin guide you!

#7wodigestsundayhaikus
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 05:02:06 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Floczy
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 350
Merit: 181


Have you seen a grown man cry?


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 05:21:27 PM



History repeating itself ?  Wink Smiley
ChartBuddy
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 3052
Merit: 2559


1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 06:02:06 PM


Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Mummy OS
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 81
Merit: 27


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 06:14:47 PM



History repeating itself ?  Wink Smiley
Hey, how does this really look like history repeat itself? At least you should have explained with memorable writup to get the full clarity of what you are insinuating.
I am seeing different candle sticks with resistance line that could later become a support in the future.
JayJuanGee
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 4592
Merit: 15089


Self-Custody is a right. Say no to "non-custodial"


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 06:23:41 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), Lucius (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

I can only read the beginning. I think we oldtimers are not in the same position she is in obviously, but I was OK with it, until I read she was counting on BTC to retire in a couple of years and had started buying at 104K.

Yeah, lady, that will probably not happen. Also, "never selling" and "living off BTC in a couple of years" isn't really compatible.

Even though her story comes off as contradictory in several ways, it would not necessarily be unrealistic to accumulate bitcoin like a mad woman, and then maybe considering being able to either retire off of your bitcoin in something like a 10-15-ish year timeline or to at least supplement whatever other income sources that might exist (let's say when she is somewhere between 55 years and 60 years.

We know that bitcoin first hit $104k in December 2024 (that would have had been the first time on the way up), and it also hit $104k on the way down in early November 2025. 

Based on the way that individuals receive their extra cashflows, it does tend to have advantages to get in the market earlier rather than later, even though in this case, on the way up there would have potentially been a lot of buying of BTC at higher prices, and of course since November 2025, BTC prices have not gotten close to staying above $100k.

Sometimes a person who is in their 30s or 40s will have built up resources that allow them to stack BTC more aggressively than a younger person, yet maybe we cannot presume anything in particular about this particular lady, except that she wants to stay serious about her bitcoin stacking.

If we presume that the lady is from the west and she has an income of around $60k, and maybe a relatively aggressive accumulating ability, then maybe she could accumulate $300 per week, which would be $15,600 per year and 26% of her income, which is quite aggressive.. .and perhaps a chanenge for any normal person to be able to ongoingly sustain.

Now if we presume that she started accumulating bitcoin earlier (in December 2024) rather than later (November 2025), then perhaps by now she would have had invested $29k an accumulated close to 0.34 BTC.

If we project out 10 years from December 2024, and expect that she might prefer to have an income of $80k per year from her passive income (from bitcoin), then it appears that by December 2034 (when she would be 55 years old), she would need to have right around 2.6 BTC or more to get to that level... so surely she may well have to step up her regular BTC accumulating amount to be able to fully get to that kind of a fuck you status, even though she most likely would be capable of supplementing other sources of income, if she were to keep accumulating in the ballpark of $300 per week (26% of her income).

By the way, if she could wait (and keep stacking BTC at $300 per week-ish) until December 2040 (an additional 4 years), when she would be 61 years old, then if she were to get her BTC stash up to 1.276 BTC, then she may well be able to have enough BTC to start to draw $80k per year income from her BTC stash at that time. 

It does not seem like an unreasonable set of circumstances, even though I am presuming a certain level of ability for such a lady to stay persistent for another 14-ish years into the future... which seems way more difficult as compared with what many of us older timer bitcoiners ended up having to do in order to have been able to get our stashes at fuck you status (if we had been somewhat persistent)... which through the years (and we might not have known it at the time), there had been a lot of advantages in persistently buying bitcoin and holding it and especially not selling it or fucking around with trying to trade it before reaching a decently reasonably good-sized stack.

Sometimes we can see retroactively what might have had been difficult to see while it was happening, in the past 8-14 years.

[edited out]
BTW I panic sold quite a bit after the cold card hack and we went fr o m 62k to 85k so do your part.

Yep.  Sad.

Still, life is too short to look at my wallet every day and wait for some magic number - $75k or $95k doesn't make much difference if you invested in BTC when it was worth under $1000, right?

True Dat.

When you have a decent lower average cost per BTC, it is not as BIG of a deal to shave some off when the already existing built in profits are in the ballpark of 75x to 95x.. ..

and, yeah, part of the difficulty is getting to such levels of profits that the cushion is so great that maybe not as much though is going into the level of the bitcoin profits, but instead, questions about the extent to which there is enough bitcoin in the stash to justify spending it at any price.

I think that any costs below $10k is currently a pretty good place to be, yet of course, 85x profits is better than 8.5x profits, yet itI recall that in 2018 through 2020, when BTC prices were bouncing around between $4k and $10k, I felt way better when BTC prices were above $5k as compared to when they were not... and even at that time, I felt that if I had needed to shave off some bitcoin, I would have had done it, but there was some additional comfort in knowing that there was no need to rush any bitcoin sales and to largely just let it continue to ride.

So now if BTC prices are tending to bounce between $65k and $87k, the cushion seems so much greater, and there should not be very much hesitancy to shave off a bit of coin. .. even though sometimes we also might want to try to be a bit measured in how we are shaving some of our coins.. which then boils more down to questions about the extent that we have enough or more than enough bitcoin as compared with questions about the extent to which our coins are in profits.

I know that the concepts of profits and how many coins we have are related concepts, since greater levels of profits require way fewer originally bought coins in order to reach the same value as coins that are in less profits but they amount to larger quantities of coins accumulated through the years. 

I frequently suggest to both newbies and those who seem to be in the process of coin accumulation, to concentrate their efforts on coin accumulation rather than trying to strategize around profits, since it seems that historically with bitcoin (and likely to continue into the future), as long as coin accumulation is healthy, then profits will work themselves out.
Richy_T
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3165


1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 06:26:16 PM

I just feel it in my bones. You could make an argument that this beach ball was held underwater for five years.

Junii
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 350
Merit: 174


Not chasing hype just accumulating freedom


View Profile
October 04, 2026, 06:50:48 PM

It feels like every time I think I should sell a few sats (which is a rarity) and I follow through on it, Bitcoin doubles within a couple of months.  I am having those hankerings again.

Hahaha i thought i was the only one with this talent but looks like you are also one of us.
Pages: « 1 ... 36152 36153 36154 36155 36156 36157 36158 36159 36160 36161 36162 36163 36164 36165 36166 36167 36168 36169 36170 36171 36172 36173 36174 36175 36176 36177 36178 36179 36180 36181 36182 36183 36184 36185 36186 36187 36188 36189 36190 36191 36192 36193 36194 36195 36196 36197 36198 36199 36200 36201 [36202] 36203 36204 36205 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!