July 02, 2024, 08:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8144 8145 8146 8147 8148 8149 8150 8151 8152 8153 8154 8155 8156 8157 8158 8159 8160 8161 8162 8163 8164 8165 8166 8167 8168 8169 8170 8171 8172 8173 8174 8175 8176 8177 8178 8179 8180 8181 8182 8183 8184 8185 8186 8187 8188 8189 8190 8191 8192 8193 [8194] 8195 8196 8197 8198 8199 8200 8201 8202 8203 8204 8205 8206 8207 8208 8209 8210 8211 8212 8213 8214 8215 8216 8217 8218 8219 8220 8221 8222 8223 8224 8225 8226 8227 8228 8229 8230 8231 8232 8233 8234 8235 8236 8237 8238 8239 8240 8241 8242 8243 8244 ... 33500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26409995 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:26:53 PM

Relief rally, that the Apple Wallet announced at the Keynote is no threat.

Yea... I think that might not turn out to be so true (not that it would be an existential threat, but that it might cut into potential newbies). But, that seems to be how the market is taking it, sure.

Maybe people were worried Apple was making their own coin?  Apple Pay could actually help Bitcoin I believe.  Glad there is no Apple Coin though.  Wink
Schickeria

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:28:30 PM

Each and every one of you owe me a thank you. I predicted that it was a trap and that we'd stall out around $470... now the rally is developing momentum. Obviously, the market does exactly the opposite of my posts. So, I am going to keep posting that the price must come down. I am doing it all for your sakes. Just saying.

Note: I am still bearish on the market, generally, albeit not so much on today. But, as I said above, that might be a great thing for everybody else.

Why are you bearish when the market is clearly oversold, is a huge way down from ATH in a sea of good news that only a year ago would have been predicted impossible? Sentiment is a fluid thing, if we bust back up through into the 6xx's then watch it turn on a dime.

That's a long way to go to 6xx. Meanwhile 475 - 485 is worth more attention  Cheesy
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:28:51 PM

Relief rally, that the Apple Wallet announced at the Keynote is no threat.

Yea... I think that might not turn out to be so true (not that it would be an existential threat, but that it might cut into potential newbies). But, that seems to be how the market is taking it, sure.

Maybe people were worried Apple was making their own coin?  Apple Pay could actually help Bitcoin I believe.  Glad there is no Apple Coin though.  Wink

It's early. I am still waiting for that shoe to drop.
BBmmBB

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:33:58 PM

ipay could be useful to perform Fiat <> BTC transactions, maybe even in a p2p decentralized fashion.

we should put aside our hate for apple and try to use it to our adv.

where is the ipaycoin ANN ~ huge premine i bet! + newbie dev ? lmfao  Cheesy  ~ ipayyyy >> to the moon
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:36:02 PM

where is the ipaycoin ANN ~ huge premine i bet! + newbie dev ? lmfao  Cheesy  ~ ipayyyy >> to the moon

iMoney IPO will not cost much, only your soul. muhahaha ~~Apple Inc. CEO
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10454

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:40:21 PM

The signal to noise ratio on the entire forum seems to slowly erode as time goes on (Bitcoin becomes more popular/increases in value).
There are public sector employees/contractors who get paid to do that to forums.
...with your money.

The above statement seems to be unspecified anti-government fear mongering for the mere sake of spreading anti-government FUD.

Justusranvier should realize (but maybe he does NOT or he does NOT want to) that Public employees are NOT generally engaged in this kind of nefarious activities, so more likely the referred to activities are to be agents of various financial institutions or entities or individuals and/or other private wealthy status quo interests. 

And to the extent that government employees may be involved in such nefarious activities (at the direction of private financial institutions or preservation of the money system or whatever), these kinds of activities are somewhat speculative and would NOT be carried out with transparency and/or in the public interest.

Additionally, there are a lot of good and decent activities carried out by public sector employees on a daily basis... Accordingly, it is NOT a good and public interest use of government resources if they were to be employed in trolling activities...   Yet, I would NOT consider that "no government officials" are carrying out trolling b/c there could be some and some misguided and nefarious government branches (which there are some that are engaged in spying and social repression), yet trolling kinds of activities from government employees should be discouraged and frowned upon if they were to come to the attention of regular people who should have more influences in the direction of their (anti-people) government and its policies and practices than they seem to have in modern times.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:42:33 PM

The signal to noise ratio on the entire forum seems to slowly erode as time goes on (Bitcoin becomes more popular/increases in value).
There are public sector employees/contractors who get paid to do that to forums.
...with your money.

The above statement seems to be unspecified anti-government fear mongering for the mere sake of spreading anti-government FUD.

Justusranvier should realize (but maybe he does NOT or he does NOT want to) that Public employees are NOT generally engaged in this kind of nefarious activities, so more likely the referred to activities are to be agents of various financial institutions or entities or individuals and/or other private wealthy status quo interests. 

And to the extent that government employees may be involved in such nefarious activities (at the direction of private financial institutions or preservation of the money system or whatever), these kinds of activities are somewhat speculative and would NOT be carried out with transparency and/or in the public interest.

Additionally, there are a lot of good and decent activities carried out by public sector employees on a daily basis... Accordingly, it is NOT a good and public interest use of government resources if they were to be employed in trolling activities...   Yet, I would NOT consider that "no government officials" are carrying out trolling b/c there could be some and some misguided and nefarious government branches (which there are some that are engaged in spying and social repression), yet trolling kinds of activities from government employees should be discouraged and frowned upon if they were to come to the attention of regular people who should have more influences in the direction of their (anti-people) government and its policies and practices than they seem to have in modern times.

Government shill detected.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:44:25 PM

...with your money.

Hahahahaha  Play nice, children.
ChrisML

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:48:02 PM

Long position at $466. No fucks are given. Bring it on. Right through that $500. The market is ready.
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:49:41 PM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:59:10 PM

Explanation
edwardspitz

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:03:28 PM

I'm not going to wear an iwatch or any other computer watch. I think apple is taking a misstep here imho.

when the ipad was announced:

everyone: "what do i need that for? lol"

six months later everyone had one, or at least a tablet of some sort.

My wife begged for a tablet.

Now I just use it to read comics.

I saw a few of them floating around the office as well about a year ago but I can't remember the last time I saw one being used in earnest. Just cause apple can still generate a bit of fad momentum doesn't mean much.

I could never see what the fascination with tablets was. They seemed to be just crappy netbooks without real keyboards and underpowered with ARM CPUs instead of real Intel x86.

I finally broke down and got a Nexus7 so I could get something that would fit in a shirt pocket. What a mistake. You can't do anything with it without linking it to an identity through a Google account. I couldn't even install drive mounting software or a file manager without rooting it first.

A couple of months ago I acquired a cheap Apple tablet which necessitated buying a proprietary cable to even reset it to factory condition. What a horror show. Not only did they want me to get an Apple account, I couldn't do anything without installing malware called iTunes. So I used a throwaway installation of Windows on an external SSD only to find I couldn't even transfer files from my PC to the tablet.

I finally found a tablet I can live with in the form of a Sony Xperia Z Ultra, without a SIM card. It has a reasonable (for ARM) quad-core CPU, 2 GB of RAM and an SDXC slot so I was able to up the internal storage to 144GB. It comes with robust drive-mounting and file management software, a 1080p display and is waterproof to 3 feet for 30 minutes.  

Best of all by not installing a SIM card, I've been able to maintain anonymity. I've never been to Google Play Store. All the software I've needed have been available as APK files to download in Windows and transfer to my tablet via cable.

The only reason I haven't sold the Apple to some sucker is that I enjoy the challenge of creating a pseudonymous identity so I can use the damn thing without giving any information to some nosy, snooping foreign corporation.

I just got a Chinese Cube Talk 9X Android tablet through the mail today. Havn't had much time to play with it yet but so far it is looking great. I decided to pay for it with fiat as I think the Chinese already have enough bitcorns  Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:08:37 PM

... Not bitching about you being off-topic, that's fine with me, as long as you understand that you are off-topic.  This is about BTC price, not eventual success or failure of Bitcoin...

WTF?Huh    A poster can still be a buyer and holder and still meaningfully participate in this speculation thread.  You, NotLambChops, are trying to define which points of view are more relevant to this thread as if the thread's design and purpose is ONLY trading.. to attempt to profit on the ups and the downs.  Your viewpoint in this regard, if it is real, is quite wrong.

Topic of this thread:  Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion

Bitcoin
Price
Movement
Tracking

You could understand why I mistakenly assumed that this thread was about tracking Bitcoin price, right?

NOPE... You have been participating in this thread about the same amount of time as me, and after about a few days of reading and/or participating in posts, I figured out that this thread covers a lot of areas in the realm of bitcoin speculation(s). 

It seems as if you are being disingenuous if you are attempting to suggest that the thread pertains to the narrow literal interpretation of its title.... and you have already self-described your conduct and several of your communications today as being that of a prick, so maybe we should just leave it with that concession from you.
edwardspitz

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:10:35 PM

Well, this is getting ugly fast. It was a trap, folks.

Not so sure. I would not be surprised to see the price slowly drop (from the peak) and then take another jump up from ~465

You think it could it be some one buying cover for his shorts on Bitfinex?

No idea as to why or who it would be, just guessing Wink

Regardless, the price seems to be leveling out around 468, so this would be the price it jumps from, I'd think.

Short are down about 1200 BTC on Bitfinex  Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:11:04 PM

... Not bitching about you being off-topic, that's fine with me, as long as you understand that you are off-topic.  This is about BTC price, not eventual success or failure of Bitcoin...

WTF?Huh    A poster can still be a buyer and holder and still meaningfully participate in this speculation thread.  You, NotLambChops, are trying to define which points of view are more relevant to this thread as if the thread's design and purpose is ONLY trading.. to attempt to profit on the ups and the downs.  Your viewpoint in this regard, if it is real, is quite wrong.

Topic of this thread:  Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion

Bitcoin
Price
Movement
Tracking

You could understand why I mistakenly assumed that this thread was about tracking Bitcoin price, right?

Stop with the logic. They don't speak logic. You'll confuse them.

It's NOT logic that NotLambChops is employing here, it is selective literal interpretation.. and opportunism and just arguing for the sake of it.....  Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:14:37 PM

... (i.e BTC in my view is stonger than it was when I bought, and as a buyer with a long term view now is a odd time to sell) which was answering the question that Klee had asked.  Hope that makes sense.

You and the market haven't been seeing eye-to-eye since 2013.  One of you is wrong, and teh market is definitive.  So yeah.

Protip: When reality (like falling BTC price and people selling) doesn't make sense to you, don't assume that, just 'coz you don't understand it, it's somehow "wrong" or nonsensical.
Keep trying to understand.
I'm rootin' for ya!

From my understanding the BTC market did NOT start in December 2013 - accordingly it has a longer history, so any person, whether "pro" or NOT should account for that.  Additionally, anyone can look at a 9 months market and assert that "you should have... blah, blah, blah."  That does NOT make a pro, but instead a pest... or more likely a troll.

You.  If you don't understand what you're replying to--don't reply.  Hopefully, at least this is clear.

I understood the posts sufficiently to chime in to point out the extent that you seem to be going off the reservation with your aggressiveness and your distractions and your otherwise trolling and non-contributory content.   Tongue

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:19:37 PM

yeah so why the repeated shit about "this is a bitcoin price movement tracking thread" again...

and to take a page from your communication style

"TO BE CLEAR IT REALLY ISN'T AND HAS TURNED INTO A GENERAL DISCUSSION AND HANG OUT AND PRICE AND WALL OBSERVER THREAD"

as it quite obvious if you use your eyeballs and mind together and read what people post.

That means that if I or anyone else that is a long term holder or speculator or a short term trader or who the fuck ever can post here and share their opinion and views.. and hopefully without an angry little pitbull snapping at their heels.

To be clear.

Jesus.

Ah haaaa!!!!  I am beginning to understand better....  So your real name is Jesus?   Cheesy Cheesy
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:19:52 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/satoshi-nakamotos-email-hacker-allegedly-talks-bitcoin-creator/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:30:27 PM

...with your money.

Additionally, there are a lot of good and decent activities carried out by public sector employees on a daily basis... Accordingly, it is NOT a good and public interest use of government resources if they were to be employed in trolling activities...   Yet, I would NOT consider that "no government officials" are carrying out trolling b/c there could be some and some misguided and nefarious government branches (which there are some that are engaged in spying and social repression), yet trolling kinds of activities from government employees should be discouraged and frowned upon if they were to come to the attention of regular people who should have more influences in the direction of their (anti-people) government and its policies and practices than they seem to have in modern times.

I don't think so.  I have posted a lot already in this thread regarding my various views on government and government services and public service etc...

My views are much more nuanced than your attempt to simplify and denigrate with your three word conclusion that simply lacks any analysis or description of your own viewpoints.. .which are signs that you do NOT have much if any viewpoints beyond just name-calling and labeling.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:37:21 PM

What is that supposed to mean, beyond an attempt to lump all government and/or govt activities into one broad bashing category... You are NOT really saying anything beyond "I hate government,"  which is pretty superficial, if you reflect upon your implied assertion.
Pages: « 1 ... 8144 8145 8146 8147 8148 8149 8150 8151 8152 8153 8154 8155 8156 8157 8158 8159 8160 8161 8162 8163 8164 8165 8166 8167 8168 8169 8170 8171 8172 8173 8174 8175 8176 8177 8178 8179 8180 8181 8182 8183 8184 8185 8186 8187 8188 8189 8190 8191 8192 8193 [8194] 8195 8196 8197 8198 8199 8200 8201 8202 8203 8204 8205 8206 8207 8208 8209 8210 8211 8212 8213 8214 8215 8216 8217 8218 8219 8220 8221 8222 8223 8224 8225 8226 8227 8228 8229 8230 8231 8232 8233 8234 8235 8236 8237 8238 8239 8240 8241 8242 8243 8244 ... 33500 »
  Print  

Jump to: