May 24, 2024, 12:48:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8607 8608 8609 8610 8611 8612 8613 8614 8615 8616 8617 8618 8619 8620 8621 8622 8623 8624 8625 8626 8627 8628 8629 8630 8631 8632 8633 8634 8635 8636 8637 8638 8639 8640 8641 8642 8643 8644 8645 8646 8647 8648 8649 8650 8651 8652 8653 8654 8655 8656 [8657] 8658 8659 8660 8661 8662 8663 8664 8665 8666 8667 8668 8669 8670 8671 8672 8673 8674 8675 8676 8677 8678 8679 8680 8681 8682 8683 8684 8685 8686 8687 8688 8689 8690 8691 8692 8693 8694 8695 8696 8697 8698 8699 8700 8701 8702 8703 8704 8705 8706 8707 ... 33379 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26389913 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:04:16 PM

Well there are for sure a few (ask) walls on Bitstamp @ the spot price(changing between 1-4 x 200BTC all the time). Not so sure how serious they are. I demand market sell otherwise stop flashing, it´s boring.

Edit: I also see unobtrusive staggered  buy orders.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10316

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:11:58 PM

2014 SUCKED.

Roll on reward halving please.

See you all in 2 years.

The first 3/4 of 2014 have been negative in the BTC price arena - but really, could we expect much different after experiencing two bubbles in 2013 (NOT that I personally experienced such bubbles - except that I began buying at the top of the second one  Sad).

On the development and adoption side, 2014 has been pretty decent so far, NO?  As good as one could have expected, I would imagine.

Maybe the remainder of 2014 will remain flat or even continued downward with BTC prices? The near-term price performance is NOT looking great (but it is NOT looking particularly dire, either) - yet there still remain 3 months in 2014, so seems a bit premature  to write off the totality of 2014 - in early Ocotober.

What? Nah, I did this in April.

Just kidding.  On a more serious note, the development side has not really done a lot this year.. (that I'm aware of) Adoption is comping along too.
Imagine this time last year that i told you that companies like pay-pal, dell, dish, overstock.com etc. would all be accepting bitcoins by this time 2014 and the price was actually going down, and not up would you have believed me?

Imagine i told you that circle would be open worldwide, coinbase expands into europe and that people are actually taking bitcoin seriously and not writing it off, would you have believed me?

Or even if i told you that the Bank of England published a report where they clearly show they understand advances afforded by blockchain and crypto tech and bitcoin in general, would you have believed me?

A year ago, most of the companies or institutions i mentioned above all said bitcoin is not important, a nice little experiment for geeks but it will soon go away.

I wouldn't have believed me either. But this is where we are, yet the price still goes down.

Kehtolo: 

It seems that you and I are saying very similar things, but we are just using different words and different examples to say these very similar things.  In other words, we both seem to recognize that BTC prices remain considerably under performance - and BTC seems to be a very good value, at its current price.

Now, on the other hand, if we attempt to dive into explanations regarding why BTC prices are undervalued, and will they remain undervalued, etc etc, we may NOT be able to arrive at a consensus.

From my overall assessment of what I can see, I personally believe that there continues to be downward manipulation and accumulation taking place by the entities that are complicit in the downward manipulation and that at some point in the next one to six months, we are going to witness considerable and exponential BTC price appreciation.  I have some difficulties believing, that given the current state of affairs that downward manipulation can be maintained for much longer than 6 months (that is if they can keep it up for that much longer).  NONETHELESS, if need be, I am ready, willing and able to ride out a downward manipulation for longer that 6 months and I believe that I can last even a couple of years, if necessary - even though I would experience ongoing trepidation if this downward manipulation (or even BTC price stagnation) were to endure for a couple more years. 

I can see that some people are losing confidence in BTC, and another 6 months or more of downward manipulation and stagnant prices will certainly shake quite a few more weak hands - whether further shaking of weak hands is likely or necessary will only be seen through time.
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:12:26 PM

Well there are for sure a few (ask) walls on Bitstamp @ the spot price(changing between 1-4 x 200BTC all the time). Not so sure how serious they are. I demand market sell otherwise stop flashing, it´s boring.

Edit: I also see unobtrusive buy orders staggered up.

Suddenly >500 coins to break 380.

What's the point...ask orders are flashing up and down like a gigolo's g-string.

I really wish someone would come in with a shed load of funds a just hit them with a market order.
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:16:31 PM

Gosh, them rush sellers though..
please keep the price up -- think smart..
fonzie

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:20:09 PM

What's the point...ask orders are flashing up and down like a gigolo's g-string.

I really wish someone would come in with a shed load of funds a just hit them with a market order.

It really looks like he just wants to accumulate. That´s the reason why he´s flashin them only for a short time, because he is scared that they get bought.
This looks like an average BTC-E altcoin Pump and Dump 2013 style . And i was told this market has grown mature  Cheesy
Well as long as people are still scared or sell in front of 200BTC walls around 380$ one could question if the price around here is really supported by the market.
nanobrain
Legendary

Dumb broad

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:29:45 PM

It really looks like he just wants to accumulate. That´s the reason why he´s flashin them only for a short time, because he is scared that they get bought.
This looks like an average BTC-E altcoin Pump and Dump 2013 style . And i was told this market has grown mature  Cheesy
Well as long as people are still scared or sell in front of 200BTC walls around 380$ one could question if the price around here is really supported by the market.

LOL -- you think Fontas has moved into the big league? Wink
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:32:24 PM

...I can see that some people are losing confidence in BTC, and another 6 months or more of downward manipulation and stagnant prices will certainly shake quite a few more weak hands - whether further shaking of weak hands is likely or necessary will only be seen through time.

Yeah.. i agree.. and i'm in it for the long haul. Agree that there is manipulation happening. I happen to think any explosion in price resulting from the removal of these manipulations wont lead to an explosion in price. When that happens it's just a bull trap and the same manipulators will dump on top of you again. This would further erode confidence from new investors. If they are accumulating.. then so am I!
It is not for the faint hearted!
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:33:41 PM

but wouldn't everyone SCRAMBLE and make shit happen if they felt poor and wanted to be rich again

Yes. Though everyone is feeling poor right now anyway because their salary is buying 10% less than it did last year. Ah well, they can always go and borrow a bunch of money from the people the government is giving free money to.

Those rich guys have money, but they are NOT lending the money out to regular peeps...  Those rich guys with the money they may send some of the money to some of their big friends  to trickle the money down to the masses in that way.

True enough. The government is paying them to hold on to it. With our money.

http://www.samizdata.net/2010/06/money-supply-th/
fonzie

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:34:36 PM

This looks like an average BTC-E altcoin Pump and Dump 2013 style . And i was told this market has grown mature  Cheesy

Pumpers like DavidPate often flashed 4-5000BTC (before they lost everything to mcxnowfees  Cheesy )
It doesn´t take much BTC nowadays to scare the small investors even in the BTC/USD marker, especially after a 9 month downtrend where most of them have trigger happy sell fingers.
Fontas as far as i know never revealed how much BTC stash he had.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 01:42:21 PM

Pumpers like DavidPate often flashed 4-5000BTC (before they lost everything to mcxnowfees  Cheesy )
It doesn´t take much BTC nowadays to scare the small investors even in the BTC/USD marker, especially after a 9 month downtrend where most of them have trigger happy sell fingers.

well whatever his stash was he had so many people following him that his power was even greater than his purse
fonzie

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:44:39 PM

Wow, nice 4000BTC (so far) red candle on Huobi
nanobrain
Legendary

Dumb broad

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:45:01 PM

I didn't know David 'lost it all'....last I saw he tweeted some flash car he was driving.  I know a lot of people disliked him but he was alwys v civil with me.
So, whats the gos.  Do tell.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:46:57 PM

Monkey is counting down now, like he means it.  5 days...
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:48:28 PM

Until?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:48:34 PM

...I can see that some people are losing confidence in BTC, and another 6 months or more of downward manipulation and stagnant prices will certainly shake quite a few more weak hands - whether further shaking of weak hands is likely or necessary will only be seen through time.

Yeah.. i agree.. and i'm in it for the long haul. Agree that there is manipulation happening. I happen to think any explosion in price resulting from the removal of these manipulations wont lead to an explosion in price. When that happens it's just a bull trap and the same manipulators will dump on top of you again. This would further erode confidence from new investors. If they are accumulating.. then so am I!
It is not for the faint hearted!

Don't get me wrong b/c I do NOT conclude that BTC prices will be saved if we are merely able to push prices beyond $500 or some other price point between $500 and $800.  

I personally am of an opinion similar to yours regarding the ongoing dumping and downward price manipulation that is likely going to continue for the next 1 to 6 months (and potentially longer); however, I have a sense that the Bear-whale manipulators fear losing control of the BTC price situation b/c at a certain point, they may NOT be able to manipulate BTC prices downward any longer (and they may even be ready for BTC prices to move in the opposite direction (up) for a while).  

I am NOT sure exactly where that BTC price point of NO return is, yet I suspect that it is around the $850 level, and once BTC prices go past $850, there will be little ability and/or desire to hold the prices back.  Accordingly, at that time BTC prices will shoot well past that previous ATH.... and land anywhere between $2,500 and $13,000 depending upon how long it takes before we get to that point.. .. and whether some confidence in BTC has been irreversibly shaken by that point.

Surely, I am speculating - but what else is this thread good for - besides shooting such shit back and forth?

fonzie

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:49:03 PM

I didn't know David 'lost it all'....last I saw he tweeted some flash car he was driving.  I know a lot of people disliked him but he was alwys v civil with me.
So, whats the gos.  Do tell.

Don´t know if he lost everything, that was the wrong expression. But i saw him playing around with 1-2-3k BTC in mcxfees, at least most of that got robbed as far as i know.
I do not had anything personal against him, it was funny watching him flashin around his LTC walls.
InvestorPerson

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:49:29 PM

Until?

more dumping
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:50:20 PM

http://universityprimetime.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/anigif_enhanced-29092-1399918484-7.gif
redjedievolution
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:50:47 PM

illuminatis has turned on their fucking robots Angry
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:52:55 PM

but wouldn't everyone SCRAMBLE and make shit happen if they felt poor and wanted to be rich again

Yes. Though everyone is feeling poor right now anyway because their salary is buying 10% less than it did last year. Ah well, they can always go and borrow a bunch of money from the people the government is giving free money to.

Those rich guys have money, but they are NOT lending the money out to regular peeps...  Those rich guys with the money they may send some of the money to some of their big friends  to trickle the money down to the masses in that way.

True enough. The government is paying them to hold on to it. With our money.

http://www.samizdata.net/2010/06/money-supply-th/

Agreed... Those fuckers!!
Pages: « 1 ... 8607 8608 8609 8610 8611 8612 8613 8614 8615 8616 8617 8618 8619 8620 8621 8622 8623 8624 8625 8626 8627 8628 8629 8630 8631 8632 8633 8634 8635 8636 8637 8638 8639 8640 8641 8642 8643 8644 8645 8646 8647 8648 8649 8650 8651 8652 8653 8654 8655 8656 [8657] 8658 8659 8660 8661 8662 8663 8664 8665 8666 8667 8668 8669 8670 8671 8672 8673 8674 8675 8676 8677 8678 8679 8680 8681 8682 8683 8684 8685 8686 8687 8688 8689 8690 8691 8692 8693 8694 8695 8696 8697 8698 8699 8700 8701 8702 8703 8704 8705 8706 8707 ... 33379 »
  Print  

Jump to: