May 22, 2024, 09:03:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8624 8625 8626 8627 8628 8629 8630 8631 8632 8633 8634 8635 8636 8637 8638 8639 8640 8641 8642 8643 8644 8645 8646 8647 8648 8649 8650 8651 8652 8653 8654 8655 8656 8657 8658 8659 8660 8661 8662 8663 8664 8665 8666 8667 8668 8669 8670 8671 8672 8673 [8674] 8675 8676 8677 8678 8679 8680 8681 8682 8683 8684 8685 8686 8687 8688 8689 8690 8691 8692 8693 8694 8695 8696 8697 8698 8699 8700 8701 8702 8703 8704 8705 8706 8707 8708 8709 8710 8711 8712 8713 8714 8715 8716 8717 8718 8719 8720 8721 8722 8723 8724 ... 33372 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26387644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:40:30 AM

Guys.... I'm a whale incognito and I need you to panic sell all of your coins immediately so I can buy in before my planned pump.

Resistance will result in your financial destruction.

Thank you for your cooperation,
:Lyth
If you are a real whale you sound pretty desperate.
Let's buy some extra coins.

No please stop buying coins. Keep your fiat. It is much more valuable and it has a lot of really smart people regulating it to perfection.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10299

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:55:29 AM

Price will keep going down. Bitcoin won't reach massive adoption. Never.

It's good to buy drugs and nothing more.

it's great for gambling and buying weapons too
Any charts for weed/coca/heroin/ammo/guns USD pairs? Seriously.

I had a discussion yesterday on what patterns these 'assets' follow regarding price over the years.

It's also good for storage of value, especially for those people who want to diversify and hedge their investment portfolio (hedge against the dollar and/or other currencies).
This is what I believe too but don't we have data?

Is the amount of USD needed to buy 1g of weed today proportional of 2000? Or it has 'increased' in value?

In other words would I only protect my money from inflation or have profit on top of that (like with gold since early 80s)?

EDIT: Also regarding art, any charts for Mona Lisa/Guernica etc price over years? Is it exponential?

We should already realize that posters like Mah87 and Prophetx are so busy talking their book that they are lacking in a bit of broader perspective. 

Surely, if I were to attempt to argue storage of value with a narrow and limited perspective, such as within the last 10 months, I would be engaged in a losing argument.  Also, if I allowed other posters to limit the framework of BTC to just transactions of scandal and illegality and questionable morality (or at least questionable social acceptability), then I would also be boxed into a narrow set of rebuttals that I would be able to invoke to defend the validity of BTC. 

Nonetheless, we know that bitcoin has a much longer history than the past 10 months and we also know that on a monthly basis, bitcoin has been (on an ongoing basis) acquiring more and more "legitimate" liquidation avenues.  Surely, NOT 100%, but becoming broader and broader on a regular basis.  So whether bitcoin users want to use bitcoin for anonymous and/or black market purposes or for legitimate mainstream purposes, the number of venues available for such uses is expanding exponentially on an ongoing and regular basis.

Surely, the price of BTC has NOT come up yet to return to its November/December 2013 ATH - but many of us recognize that if we exercise sufficient patience, BTC prices are likely to return at and beyond those levels in the near future (could be 1 month or could be 20 months).  And, even if BTC prices do NOT return and surpass the November/December 2013 ATH in the near future, we are still going to find considerable value to have access to a variety of liquidation channels and to just hold BTC as a future hedge (so long as we continue to monitor its value, since it remains a very volatile and targeted asset class).

So, again, whether the buying power of BTC has gone up or gone down will depend on a person's perspective of the investment timeline, and surely timing of buying into BTC may have NOT been great in the last 10 months for those who narrow themselves to such a perspective (or for those who have begun their involvement during this most recent 10 month period), which as I already mentioned, seems very incomplete and very self-debilitating in NOT focusing on the longer term value and/or potentials of BTC.

Why engage with those who are so purposefully and intentionally attempting to skew and to limit the argument? 
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:56:25 AM

i think october will be an up month for bitcoin just throwing that out there

Would not exactly be difficult, given how low it is
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:58:30 AM

I had a discussion yesterday on what patterns these 'assets' follow regarding price over the years.

It's also good for storage of value, especially for those people who want to diversify and hedge their investment portfolio (hedge against the dollar and/or other currencies).

Is the amount of USD needed to buy 1g of weed today proportional of 2000? Or it has 'increased' in value?

In other words would I only protect my money from inflation or have profit on top of that (like with gold since early 80s)?

EDIT: Also regarding art, any charts for Mona Lisa/Guernica etc price over years? Is it exponential?

We should already realize that posters like Mah87 and Prophetx are so busy talking their book that they are lacking in a bit of broader perspective. 

Surely, if I were to attempt to argue storage of value with a narrow and limited perspective, such as within the last 10 months, I would be engaged in a losing argument.  Also, if I allowed other posters to limit the framework of BTC to just transactions of scandal and illegality and questionable morality (or at least questionable social acceptability), then I would also be boxed into a narrow set of rebuttals that I would be able to invoke to defend the validity of BTC. 

Nonetheless, we know that bitcoin has a much longer history than the past 10 months and we also know that on a monthly basis, bitcoin has been (on an ongoing basis) acquiring more and more "legitimate" liquidation avenues.  Surely, NOT 100%, but becoming broader and broader on a regular basis.  So whether bitcoin users want to use bitcoin for anonymous and/or black market purposes or for legitimate mainstream purposes, the number of venues available for such uses is expanding exponentially on an ongoing and regular basis.

Surely, the price of BTC has NOT come up yet to return to its November/December 2013 ATH - but many of us recognize that if we exercise sufficient patience, BTC prices are likely to return at and beyond those levels in the near future (could be 1 month or could be 20 months).  And, even if BTC prices do NOT return and surpass the November/December 2013 ATH in the near future, we are still going to find considerable value to have access to a variety of liquidation channels and to just hold BTC as a future hedge (so long as we continue to monitor its value, since it remains a very volatile and targeted asset class).

So, again, whether the buying power of BTC has gone up or gone down will depend on a person's perspective of the investment timeline, and surely timing of buying into BTC may have NOT been great in the last 10 months for those who narrow themselves to such a perspective (or for those who have begun their involvement during this most recent 10 month period), which as I already mentioned, seems very incomplete and very self-debilitating in NOT focusing on the longer term value and/or potentials of BTC.

Why engage with those who are so purposefully and intentionally attempting to skew and to limit the argument? 
I have Mah on ignore though prophetx is not in the list of people I would not talk here. I think he has his agenda as we all do but is providing useful feedback too.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:59:41 AM

Guys.... I'm a whale incognito and I need you to panic sell all of your coins immediately so I can buy in before my planned pump.

I did NOT believe i would agree with Findftp - but yeah.. you is correct:    S/he or it (the purported whale) comes off as a desperate whale - because NO real whale would need to resort to such begging measures.   Cheesy Cheesy
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:01:13 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:03:16 AM

Lol, the elderly people who distrust banks will just FLOCK to Bitcoin!

No, they will die off, and be replaced by younger,  more flexible people, as has happened for many generations.

Can't wait for the dollar and those oldsters to die already!  Don't those selfish geezers realize that their repulsive withers selves are standing in the way of progress?  Rocket train coming through, old farts!  
Choo choo!

You may NOT think this way about old peeps once you start to get a little older.  But currently, to you, older people are feeling like a "burden."   Tongue   Sad

ugh no shit sherlock, but while he is young he can and will, that's how it works

Surprising as it may be to you:    NOT all young people lack this kind of perspective, Watson.   Embarrassed

it is good that some do, because without young turks we would still be riding around on horses and serving kings

I'm NOT sure if that is a reasonable conclusion to reach - and NO one is really arguing against people having a variety of perspectives - nor is anyone arguing against young people being innovative and/or rebellious and/or willing to attempt to plow some of their own paths.  Actually, it has been argued that some of the best inventors (and/or innovators) in the world have been those people who had been devising means to get out of work...  Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:04:21 AM

i think october will be an up month for bitcoin just throwing that out there

What's your starting point?  $380?  so by the end of October, BTC prices will be well over $390?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:09:53 AM

I have Mah on ignore though prophetx is not in the list of people I would not talk here. I think he has his agenda as we all do but is providing useful feedback too.

I probably over-stepped by lumping Prophetx in the same category as Mah87 - even though they were pushing in the same direction for that one post.... So I take it back, at least to the extent to agree that Prophetx does NOT appear to be anywhere near the same category as Mah87.  But otherwise, I stand by the points that I was making regarding  NOT to allow ourselves to get locked into these limitation arguments - because as most of us already realize, bitcoin is much more than a 10 month price performance snapshot.
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:15:22 AM

I've just been doing some calculations:

@JJG joined less than eight months ago since when he has made nearly 3500 posts - on average nearly 15 posts a day!!

And since he doesn't seem to post anywhere except here, that means over a third of this thread comprises of his posts, as he wall-witters to himself.

Seek help man.
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:15:45 AM

Best month of the year, every year.
edwardspitz

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:29:49 AM

No please stop buying coins. Keep your fiat. It is much more valuable and it has a lot of really smart people regulating it to perfection.

Dear Mr. whale. I think your problem is the lack of quality fud. Deep down I suspect you love BTC and want's to see how it succeed. So I think/hope you are a bit conflicted Smiley Your love for BTC is also why you don't spread too much fud, and try to do things "the right way". Anyway I promise to dump if you do. But you have to go first. Ok?
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:36:27 AM

@JJG joined less than eight months ago since when he has made nearly 3500 posts - on average nearly 15 posts a day!!

And since he doesn't seem to post anywhere except here, that means over a third of this thread comprises of his posts, as he wall-witters to himself.

Seek help man.

we all need to go somewhere and communicate, especially when starting to accumulate at an ath  - so this subforum is the shoulder we can cry on. Imo legitimate use, investing in btc without this forum is only half the fun...

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:49:15 AM

you have to watch this video  Cheesy  (click on the image)

despite his tone, it seems that he really done his researches and he really make some good points.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:57:20 AM

Seek help man.

Good research...    Nanobrain....

NOT

NOT only do you come off as harboring some insecurity(ies) but you seem to be attempting some kind of ad hominem attack....  and I recall in the past that I have commented upon some of your other silly-ass conclusions.... which actually caused me to suspect and to articulate that you have your nanobrain name for a reason... and maybe especially applicable when you attempt to take a limited quantity of data and to make broad and sweeping conclusions....

O>K>  I will bite to put some context into your silliness, including this post.

If you read a couple of my recent posts within the last hours - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg9063604#msg9063604 you may be able to identify a couple of arguments contained within those recent posts in respect to the BTC scene and applicable to the claims that you seem to be making in your post. 

Here, I would use similar arguments to apply to your post's seeming assessment of my supposed situation. 

In this regard, you, Nanobrain, are likely going to come to various faulty assessments of what you are witnessing if:  1) you attempt to judge a situation based on a limited time-frame that may NOT representationally reflect the whole situation... In this case, I was NOT born 8 months ago, so my posts over the last 8 months do NOT necessarily represent the totality of my thinking, activities nor my various real world molding(s) and 2) you likely will arrive at varying incorrect conclusions if you attempt to generalize the contents of my posts to reach some kind of simplified assessment - because I doubt that you have read much if any of the contents of my nearly 3,500 posts, but those posts are available for you to attempt to digest if you choose to spend your time in such a way or if you are able to understand the contents of my posts. 

In any event, you seem to have incorrectly concluded (in your supposed benevolent opinion) that my posts over the last 8 months are mere mental solo performances, which they are NOT... and maybe if you were to read them, you may be able to come to some better conclusions (but I doubt it, because you truly do NOT seem to have much if any agenda in your post beyond an attempt at an ad hominem base on your simplified, perfunctory, and inadequate assessment).

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:01:16 AM

Explanation
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:13:43 AM

Starting to understand this bearwhales motivation now, its been cool watching HSBCs shares go down the shitter and now JPMs too Smiley October's great fest.

I'll cheer to that  ^^

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:15:47 AM

you have to watch this video  Cheesy  (click on the image)

despite his tone, it seems that he really done his researches and he really make some good points.

This guy is NOT really making any great points about bitcoin. 

He seems to concede that bitcoin the technology (the blockchain) is a great innovation, yet he is merely asserting in an oversimplified and conclusory manner that bitcoin the currency is a sham and/or a pump and dump scheme.  He does NOT really provide any evidence for his conclusions besides his assertion that he has been studying bitcoin for two years -ish. 

The main good point about the clip seems to be that it is short, so it ONLY wasted about 10 minutes of my life to watch it.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:20:17 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 09:32:11 AM by mmitech

you have to watch this video  Cheesy  (click on the image)

This guy is NOT really making any great points about bitcoin.  

He seems to concede that bitcoin the technology (the blockchain) is a great innovation, yet he is merely asserting in an oversimplified and conclusory manner that bitcoin the currency is a sham and/or a pump and dump scheme.  He does NOT really provide any evidence for his conclusions besides his assertion that he has been studying bitcoin for two years -ish.  

The main good point about the clip seems to be that it is short, so it ONLY wasted about 10 minutes of my life to watch it.

It seems that your whole fucking life is a waste, so what 10 minutes are compared to that ? nothing.... each time I try to catch up with this thread I just keep seeing your idiotic posts where you attack most of the posters and pretend to be a smart ass... Oh I wont even mention the meaningless great walls of text you write, aren't those a pure waste of your life as well ?
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:21:19 AM

How the fuck does this guy expect to separate the blockchain from the currency? Where's the incentive?

I guess he will integrate the dollar instead of BTC, because how would that be stupid  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 8624 8625 8626 8627 8628 8629 8630 8631 8632 8633 8634 8635 8636 8637 8638 8639 8640 8641 8642 8643 8644 8645 8646 8647 8648 8649 8650 8651 8652 8653 8654 8655 8656 8657 8658 8659 8660 8661 8662 8663 8664 8665 8666 8667 8668 8669 8670 8671 8672 8673 [8674] 8675 8676 8677 8678 8679 8680 8681 8682 8683 8684 8685 8686 8687 8688 8689 8690 8691 8692 8693 8694 8695 8696 8697 8698 8699 8700 8701 8702 8703 8704 8705 8706 8707 8708 8709 8710 8711 8712 8713 8714 8715 8716 8717 8718 8719 8720 8721 8722 8723 8724 ... 33372 »
  Print  

Jump to: